SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Legan: 1 month off

legan

• Moderator Emeritus

Not likely.  The ADs generally cause 1) a reduction in serotonin production and 2) a reduction in serotonin receptors.  The drug is blocking most of the receptors that are still around, artificially keeping the serotonin level in the nerve gap high.  I imagine when using these drugs chronically that the level in the gap actually becomes more normal because the body is trying to counter the action of the drug.  I would think that when that block is removed from cold turkey, what serotonin that is around in the gap is going to get taken up such that the level in the gap is too low.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here.  This is the opposite situation of serotonin syndrome, which is about there being too much serotonin with subsequent overstimulation.

If you are feeling sensitized, over-stimulated, I think it might be more related to this:

From Alto, http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/392-one-theory-of-antidepressant-withdrawal-syndrome/?p=4010

"Antidepressants cause downregulation of serotonin receptors. In a mechanism of brain self-defense, the receptors actually disappear, becoming more sparse so as to take in less serotonin. It is thought among withdrawal researchers that people who experience the worst withdrawal are slower than others to repopulate serotonin receptors.

Others believe those who suffer the worst are those whose brains are highly neuroplastic and adapted more thoroughly to the influence of the medication.

Relative slowness to upregulate receptors doesn't mean there's anything intrinsically wrong with our brains, it just means there's variability (of course) among nervous systems.

Even among people suffering the most severe antidepressant withdrawal syndrome, repopulation of serotonin receptors probably occurs long before symptoms disappear. However, while the serotonin system is repairing itself, an imbalance occurs in the autonomic nervous system. The locus coeruleus "fight or flight" center becomes disinhibited and the glutamatergic system becomes more active than normal. This is called disinhibition of the alerting system, and it generates symptoms that are awful: panic, anxiety, sleeplessness, and dreadful imagery among them.

This paper explains the mechanism in withdrawal causing alerting disinhibition: Harvey, et al: Neurobiology of antidepressant withdrawal: implications for the longitudinal outcome of depression; Biological Psychiatry. 2003 Nov 15;54(10):1105-17.

Once disinhibition of the alerting system takes hold, it becomes self-perpetuating. The whole question of neurotransmitter imbalance -- a chimera of psychiatry anyway -- becomes moot. No manipulation of serotonin, norepinephrine, or dopamine is going to help. In fact, it usually makes the condition worse.

Noradrenergics -- buproprion or Wellbutrin; mirtazapine or Remeron; SNRIs such as Cymbalta, Serzone, Effexor; and St. John's Wort, rhodiola -- stimulate "fight or flight" activation, as will most SSRIs. Drugs and substances that are stimulating should be avoided.

Even drugs that are calming may cause a paradoxical reaction as the alerting system fights to stay in control.

My guess is: The first phase of withdrawal, the acute phase, is the initial shock of withdrawal, with the most defined symptoms, such as brain zaps and nausea and possibly waves of unusually intense "depression" and "anxiety" -- actually, emotions generated by the neurological upset. Later, glutamatergic hyper-reactivity and autonomic instability take over. Often the autonomic instability causes wide hypersensitivity to drugs, supplements, and even foods.

Out of control, unrelated to environmental or psychological triggers, the alerting system sends intense, spontaneous signals to the adrenals, which produce the stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline.

This is not strictly brain damage. Brain damage means some physical part has been permanently removed and can never be recovered. Rather, this is iatrogenic neuropsychiatric damage.

According to established principles of neuroplasticity, the nervous system can repair itself and regain functioning that is close to normal. In cases where there is no apparent iatrogenic cause for autonomic dysfunction, it often spontaneously resolves. Low stress, good nutrition, and as much sleep and gentle exercise as possible are key.

In the medical literature on antidepressant withdrawal, symptoms of alerting system disinhibition -- anxiety, panic, sleeplessness, irritability, agitation among them -- are sometimes misidentified as "unmasking" or emergence of bipolar disorder. This leads the clinician to medicate with a cocktail of drugs upon which the patient does poorly, the neuropsychiatric damage from antidepressant withdrawal being compounded by additional medication and attendant reactions."

I hope that helps explain things, Legan!

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• legan

• Altostrata

• Fresh

• SquirrellyGirl

Top Posters In This Topic

@SG

Thank you so much . Idk what to fo without your help from patient.com first . Then here .

In fact i still cwnt understand why im very sinulated . I feel like going to explode or passout . You know one cuo of coffe can make me almost passed out . Idk whays the cure of over stimulation .

Alcohol for 10 years then benzo for 6 months to help with alcohol then psychosis , and took esctiolpram 20 mg and sulipride 200 mg . quit date 17 -12 -2015

• Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunatley, you're going to have to eliminate coffee, or go decaf!  I think Alto may have more to add on that, but please do look in the Symptoms and Self-Care section, because there are topics addressing this!

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-self-care/

For instance, here's an interesting thread that Alto chimes in on:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2840-eating-as-an-activating-factor-increasing-anxiety-or-symptoms/

You just need to spend some time surfing around that forum looking at what others have put up and seeing if it rings true for you.  Lots of great ideas there!

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Thanks @sg

In the last three days ive increased appeitite . Im always hungry . I had decrease in appetite when i quit .

Alcohol for 10 years then benzo for 6 months to help with alcohol then psychosis , and took esctiolpram 20 mg and sulipride 200 mg . quit date 17 -12 -2015

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Legan, how are you traveling today?

I think maybe the hunger is a good sign!  

I just wanted to say I'm glad you came to SA.  I've been bumped off of Patient, overzealous activism I guess, so I won't be able to communicate with you there.  I'm unclear where you are at with things; did you ever reinstate anything or are you pushing through?  Have you found anything helpful to you in the Symptoms & Self-Care forum?

SG

Hi SG

Im still as i am . I didnt reinstate .morning anxiety has been eased little bit . But im still very dizzy . Tired .....

I stopped coffe at all . Started eat and drink lemon slices with ment which works good

Im worried about my skull bone left back in pain and its bigger than the right one. Im scared that withdrwwals did some physical damage in ny head or tumor.

But im still hard to speak

• Moderator Emeritus

I think that is wonderful that you have some positive changes to report!  Don't take that for granted!  

As far as I know, withdrawal can't do such things as brain tumors.  The drugs cause modification to the nervous system to try to regain homeostasis of neurotransmitters, and coming off quickly leaves your nervous system hanging, like a vine that has had the trellis ripped out from under it.  It is scrambling to deal with the chaos, but such won't cause a tumor.  WD does seem to create mystery pains and sensations due to the nerves firing (or not) in such an unbalanced state. 

However, if this concern is causing you untoward fear/anxiety, then see the doctor about it.  Just get worked over to rule things out.  You will likely be deemed normal, but at least it will give you some peace of mind, knowing that it really is the oddities of withdrawal, a temporary situation that in time will resolve with healing.  

Just don't try to convince your doctor or look for validation from him/her about withdrawal, because they just can't seem to put their minds around it.  The odd one will, but dang they are hard to find!

I have a med check today with my very arrogant p-doc.  I see no point in trying to convince him of anything.  I'd love to ask him why his profession can't seem to acknowledge protracted withdrawal or their contribution to treatment resistant depression when people like Robert Whitaker have pulled all the scientific evidence into one place and it is quite a pile of evidence!  Anatomy of an Epidemic, not for the faint of heart!

Sorry, got carried away, legan!  

Hang in there!  I think you are moving in the right direction.  It's a wild ride, like getting on a roller coaster and realizing maybe you don't want to be on it, but you have to sit it out to the end LOL!  But you will make it through the ups and downs.  Hopefully you are entering a window and will get a break. You are doing a fine job of taking care of your needs with eliminating the caffeine, drinking lemon with mint, and the like.  

Have you tried to meditate, yet?  Guided meditations are an easy way to get started.  Calm.com is a nice little website for that.  Meditation has been proven scientifically to cause positive changes in the brain.  Maybe give it a try today.  Start small.  Calm.com allows you to pick a background scene, complete with soothing sound like waves rolling, water running in a creek, birds chirping, rain, etc. and you can choose the length and whether or not it is guided (I prefer guided, otherwise my brain takes off thinking too easily).

I think I will do one right now, myself!

SG

• Moderator Emeritus

Legan, I thought you might be interested in the following post as she has the bubbling liquid in head sensation, similar to what had.  Do you still have that sensation?

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/11082-mccauley-new-here/?p=206942

SG

Thanks SG .

I wish im in good state of mind . But its hard to me to thank and explain .

According to the liquid .it may be adrenaline rush cone from my brain to all body . Suddenly . It happened two times . Then i didbt get it . Its not like bubbles as indicated in thread .

I started thinking about tge reason i took ssri . Which was after dental surgery that kept hole in my gum still exist . It seems its original reason tgat im suffering from nausea and problems in eating and drinking .because tge hole still exist even after 5 months .

I think i will start antibiotechs to help with the infections i got from the hole . Again this is tge original reason that no doctor could figure out problem in it then they convinced me in psycho of yhis .

Idk if theres a concern taking antibiotech during withdrswals ?

• Moderator Emeritus

Mental fog and confusion is common in withdrawal, but it isn't permanent and will improve with time.  I remember being there, and since I didn't realize I was in withdrawal, I thought maybe it was adult ADHD and actually got tested for it!  It did get better.

As for antibiotics, that can be a problem for some, especially the ones from the Fluoroquinolone family.  Those are absolutely to be avoided, as they can cause some horrible psychological symptoms.  You might ask about what type your doctor would put you on and then put the name in the search bar above to see if any horror stories come up.  If none, then you'd probably be safe.

Wow, I can't believe you got put on these drugs over a dental surgery issue!

SG

What i feel is like my brain is hanging like doesnt work . Just hanging . Cant feel proberly cant breath properly . Is this brsin fog ?

In the dental surgery i passed out on the chair then i woje up shaking and anxious fear . I was tapering benzo that time The dentist said nohin wrong .every thing is fine . I just made an surgical extractiin and the sinus has opened little bit . You should be fine in two weeks .

I didnt got fine . Went back to the dentist . Removed the stitsheis and said your ok now . Sibce tgen ive never felt ok . Started feel hanging in my head . I thiught maybe the benzi is tge problem idk . I went to many doctors .many dentusts . Checked every thing . Blood tesrs . Ct scan . Urine. Diabete . Every thing is normak . Then i went to neriukegist whi did every thing . Fidnt foubd any . So he put me in ssri and antisychotic abd told me to quit benzo .

I never felt ok or my self since the surgery . Tried to updose benzo . Tried ssri antipsychotic . Stilk hole in my gum abd dizzeness anf nausea all the time .

Im sure tgat something wrong happened in the surgery . But i did ct scan for barin . Sinus and oral . All doctors Ent and Dentists said nothing wrong its just delayed healing . I stilk dont feel my self . Even brfore ssri .

Idk how much more time the healing need . U think im infected . Yhats how i feel .

Desperate

Im not now desperate .

Im jerking twiching feeling like electricty in all of my body . Any body knows what could help for this

• Administrator

When did you stop drinking alcohol and how did you stop?

It sounds to me that you got withdrawal symptoms when you quit sulpiride the first time. The withdrawal symptoms went away when you took sulpiride again.

Now it's very possible you have withdrawal symptoms from going off sulpiride and escilatopram, on top of benzo and alcohol withdrawal. It's impossible to tell which is which now.

If I were you, I might try taking 2mg escilatopram and see if that helps. If not, add 5mg sulpiride. Stabilize for some months, then gradually go off escilatopram, then sulpiride.

What country are you in? For taking small amounts of escilatopram, see Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Legan ,  if the hole from the extraction has healed over , there is no need to take antibiotics.

How long ago did you have the tooth extraction?

The jerking twitching electricity feeling sounds like akathisia.   Sometimes pacing or walking , rhythmical movement

helps.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Thanks fresh. The tooth extraction has been done 5 months ago .

But the hole still didnt heal fully . I feel its related to every thing i feel . Idk

For tge twuching and electricty . I feel it soon if i get late to sleep and if i didnt sleep it become more . Espically the electric sensation . I feel like may be siezure or somehing

My head my body my arms . Every thing is jerking .

• Moderator Emeritus

Your thinking is affected by w/d Legan.

From Alto:  If I were you, I might try taking 2mg escilatopram and see if that helps. If not, add 5mg sulpiride. Stabilize for some months, then gradually go off escilatopram, then sulpiride.

What country are you in? For taking small amounts of escilatopram, see Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Posts moved from another thread:   joannatm(IP: 213.205.194.20)

• Locationcrawley

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:05 AM

Legan how you getting on. Hope you having windows now. Take care x 

legan(IP: 92.253.9.34)

• Locationflorofa

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:48 PM

Hi jonnnatm .

Im two months off the meds and its still the usual hell . Tired . Naesua . Super anxiety . Panic attacks shaking badly. Still cant function . Im trying my best to walk . Eat well . Still i dont have any emotion . If i start to think i vomit 

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi fresh it seems something went wrong when moving the post

• Moderator Emeritus

I had to copy and paste them Legan.  Best I could do.  Thought it was more appropriate for your thread.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Ill write the update again . Just for record

Im still in tge usual hell . Severe anxiety . Nauesea . Vomiting . Cant function .shaking badly feel like going to faint Hopeless . Cant laugh .

Yesterday i started to study mathematics something i was brilliant in it . I foubd my memory is suffering to remember basic thing . Then i had diarreha and start vomiting just because i tried to remember it.

Im trying to walk in the morning sun .

I went to heart doctor and made checkup . And ecg . And every thing was fine he said you are in withdrawals . And also i made cbc test liver test and every thing was normal.

Im eating well. Idk what to do about the shakes its scary

• Moderator Emeritus

You might still want to reconsider reinstating.  

It's been 8 weeks , there's a good chance you'll get relief from your symptoms within days.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

I think my sotuation is complicated as i have benzo. Alcohol. Antidepressant.antipsychotic withdrawal s at the same time .

I dont know exactly what cause what . Im scared to reinstate antidepressant . I didnt feel well since my first pill.

Im 4 months benzo free . Two and half months alcohol free after last relapse. Two months ssri and sulipride free

Idk what cause the shakes . But im still feeling like im healing vry vry vry slowly .

Legan, does your nervous system feel like it has been utterly destroyed? The agitation and chemical anxiety is just unreal in this mess. What did you feel like when you took your first dose of the AD? I wonder if you had an adverse reaction like me.

Dec 2014 I tried Zoloft 25mg for one week (adverse reaction - extreme anxiety and felt like I was on an amphetamine). Dr. said to quit cold turkey, so I not only quit Zoloft but also 2 weeks of Xanax .25mg -- extreme dizziness, hyperarousal and anxiety began! On Jan. 29, 2015 my psychiatrist put me on new stuff and this is how my next 2 months and 7 days looked like (I was having the same bad reactions to all of these):Effexor XR 37.5mg (3 days) - throwing up, heart palpations, night tremors/convulsions or something where whole body shakes for a second, Prozac 10mg (15 days), Prozac 20mg (7 days) - internal restlessness, electric current through body/brain (not zaps), agitation, intense fear and could no longer nap at this point (still can't today because of this), Lexapro 5mg (4 days) - same as Prozac, a horror show...extreme internal agitation, Lexapro 7.5mg (2 days), Lexapro 10mg (16 days), Zoloft 12.5mg (3 days)...she said try it again since my blood relative does well on it, Zoloft 25mg (7 days) - same as before and getting worse!! Zoloft 50mg (6 days), Zoloft 25mg (4 days and then came off cold turkey on April 8, 2015). I used Xanax .25mg about 7 times per month through all of this until June 30, 2015 (my last benzo dose). Extreme anxiety, nervous system traumatized, mental akathisia, anger triggered by nothing but the brain totally going off on its own, feeling of a pressurized electric current going through me like my brain and body are trying to explode, stress reaction x10000 to everything, waking in terror lasting all day, fear, very sensitive, brain can't keep up, don't know what to do with myself, feeling like everything is going too fast and I can't keep up, helium head, deep depression like something is ripping out my soul, out of my mind, can hardly drive or be alone, cognitive issues, simple tasks are so complex and straining, feel disturbed because the brain can't process anything right even though your brain tries so hard and it makes you go mad, episodes of deep anguish with a sick toxic poison feeling (like you have some unknown virus).

Legan, does your nervous system feel like it has been utterly destroyed? The agitation and chemical anxiety is just unreal in this mess. What did you feel like when you took your first dose of the AD? I wonder if you had an adverse reaction like me.

Idk if exactly i had an adverse reaction . But i took the first bill then i started have the sucidal thoughts immediatly and felt like poisened like drunk .

We should heal over time . Theres nothin permenant . But maybe its big damage that tales long .i think we re getting obsessed with the withdrawals that add.more anxiety

And no body belive this damage could happen .

I sleep each night while im praying . And think that tomoorow will be.better but its not .

Im losing hope in life and i think . Why would this happened . Why .

Im just watching my self dying slowly .

i went to do brain mri scan . And couldnt stop panicking till my friend stayed in the room with me.

Flu like symptoms returned again

I just prefer death than living like this .

Hi Legan--  I'm so sorry to hear that things are being so rough right now. but the will get better.  If you're having serious thoughts about ending it, then it's time to get some face to face help.  I know how rough it can get but there is only so much reassurance that we can give you on line.  Talk to some one, through your church, a local help line, even the hospital if necessary, but get some live help.  The alternative that you're thinking about is not the solution.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

Legan,

You are suffering a great deal and I feel horribly for you.  You are only 2 months off the meds and I know you were resistant to reinstatement, but it might be something you consider at this point as, if it works, it could greatly reduce your suffering and allow you to taper off the reinstated amount in an orderly and careful fashion.

Please consider this option.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7562-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/page-2

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

I'm with everyone else here, I had to reinstate because my withdrawals were sooooooooooooooooo bad, within hrs of doing it I had relief and everyday gets better and better, once stable then come off them properly, if there is a chance not to suffer so much, wouldn't you want to try? If you are having suicidal thoughts, you need to seek help immediately. I hope things get better for you, life is worth living.

10 years citalopram 30mg- tapered down in December 15/2015- Jan 15/2016 to 20mg for two weeks, ten for one week and five for another week, then stopped, less then two weeks later, sheer hell broke lose with debilitating withdrawal symptoms.

Update-- reinstated 5mg of celexa on feb 5-- within hours noticed immediate difference in WD symptoms-- Holding holding and more holding.

Updose- March 23/16 too 10mg- relieved the harsher head symptoms- current symptoms headaches, dizzy, numbness and tingling in my head.

Benzos- 2015-Ativan on and off for 6 months 2mg- switched to clonazepam nov 2015- 2mg till Jan 2016 Zopiclone 7.5mg nov-dec 2015- was tapered off over 4weeks- Currently in protracted withdrawal. ????????????????????????????????

Update- ended up in the hospital April 18/16 major suicidal ( never had that before) was admitted/ been there ever since, put me back to full dose celexa 30mg no drugs added, IAM FINALLY STABLE AFTER 3 months of tortuous hell. Got a great physiatrist that new all about WD, he will help me taper properly in a couple of months at 5% deductions holding 8 weeks. I never want to relive that hell again.

Udate- stable and holding, doing things slowly is key.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys .

I came back just to let you know theres a thing calked serrapeptase .an anti inflammatory

It works and relief alot of the symptoms .

Edited by ChessieCat
Removed recommendation for people to try it.

Plus olive oil . it works like miracle on empty stomach . A friend of mine sent me an original olive oil . He said the it treat nerouligical problems and rekax you . I drink it on empty stomach at tge morning and before sleep .

Wow . God made great natural supplement

This combination is the only combination that get me out of 24h panic state .

Serrraptepase .natural enzym

Olive oil .god sen for me .

Here a link for serraptepase and another enztm i didbt try it .

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-xcQQX1hx7U

Hi legan--  The link you provided only goes to a general information page for youtube with no information about the supplement. Also I can find no information about it anywhere on the web. Google returned zero hits, I've never seen that before.  Could you please give us some more information so I can check it out.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi legan--  The link you provided only goes to a general information page for youtube with no information about the supplement. Also I can find no information about it anywhere on the web. Google returned zero hits,

legan's last post (#105) has a few typos, brassmonkey.  I think the substance is an enzyme called "serrapeptase"

Google search: https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=serrapeptase

1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Hi . The link works . I checked it but any way scallwag is right . Google tge correct spelling serrapeptase .

Im sorry im always have some kind of dizzeness abd canr concentrate so i type wrong spelling alot of times