grandmaD

grandmaD: turtle here

grandmaD

Hi all, thanks for you input!  Songbird I've been having grated raw ginger in my tea for donkeys years now.  I started it because of upset stomach but doesn't seem to help.  I also tried Aloe Vera juice in 2013 when I was really bad and it didn't help either.  I might try the Aloe Vera again yet if other things don't work!

Thanks Lex for the link, that was VERY  interesting.  I was surprised to see that the carb soda is not to be taken regularly and has the same problem as ppi's causing more acid in the long run!  For the time being I will only take the Zantac when I am very, very bad.   I'll use the carb soda first though, when I'm bad.  I took Zantac for 2 days in a row and it didn't relieve the pain and aching, anyway.

In the meantime I am back to using slipper elm, eating only veges, porridge and vege soup.  I had 1 small chop for the first time and so far am back to how I was before with the low grade belly discomfit.  I did notice the pain got worse when I took a "Mintec" for the pain and I just got worse (it is just peppermint in a capsule).  I also got worse when I ate a take away meal that I knew wouldn't agree with me. 

so I'm back to basics again thing as much as possible to stick to IBS diet.  I am also going to stop yoghurt for a while and see what happens, just wondering if I have too much bacteria causing candida??

I've spoken to another SA member who as exact same problem as me with the bleeding inflammatiion.  She is 3 years now CT from Zoloft.  She is going to try a honey called "Manuka honey" which is supposed to be good for this sort of thing, so I'll see how she goes with that.  It's just never ending, isn't it???!!!.......

Cherry47

Active Manuka honey has natural antibiotics that coat, protect and soothe the outer lining of the esophagus.  Manukahoneyusa.com states that results are evident within 3 to 6 days and recommends to take 1 tsp 3 to 4 times per day on a small square inch-sized piece of bread, toast, bagel, slice of apple or banana, 20 to 30 minutes before meals.  Do not consume honey alone, because it will dissolve into the bloodstream too quickly and not reach the stomach.”