SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

GirlfromD: insomnia

GirlfromD

• Administrator

GFD, Are you taking fish oil and magnesium supplements, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

A lot of people find them helpful. Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GirlfromD

• Carmie

• Peachy

• powerback

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus
10 hours ago, GirlfromD said:

I got hit by a vey bad wave that startet yesterday, with anxiety, increased symtoms, heart palpitations,  racing thoughts that were almost gone but now much more intense again, dizzy and feeling so bad. I thought i was doing so good, and now im so scared :( Is it really possible to hit a very bad wave after almost 3 years off? This is just so bad, and i dont understand it. Im just so sad about this. I dont wanna lose hope. 

It's possible, but could also be from stress.  I believe ADs leave us less resilient to stress.  You might find some form of relaxation exercises helpful:

Relaxation exercises, guided meditations, calming videos, sleep-hypnosis

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

15 hours ago, Altostrata said:

GFD, Are you taking fish oil and magnesium supplements, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

A lot of people find them helpful. Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

Hello Alto.

No i haven't taken any supplements in a very long time. But i have considered taken some Vitamin C and maybe some Magnesium like you suggested, but i think i will give it a try. Should i introduce one supplement at a time and then see how i react? Im scared, have you seen anybody hit bad waves this far out? And some symtoms that were gone have returned too, like anxiety. But i am so grateful of people on this site, don't how i would do without.

Best wishes.

2010 - 2015: 50mg Sertraline, 30mg Mirtazapine.

2015 - 2016: Last dose Mirtazapine 28.11.2015 and Sertraline 04.01.2016. (6 months taper)

2016/June: 6 months off. Feeling better but a lot of symptoms, name one and i have it.

2016/Dec: 12 months off. Hit a very bad wave, can't function at this moment, isolate and many intense symptoms. Very intense heart palpitations and very intense anxiety.

2017/June: 18 months off. Things are better, experiencing a lot of flashbacks, walking everyday.

2017/Nov: Things have finally started to improve and i'm now much better than a year ago, starting to feel a lot of improvements, but still symptoms that come in waves and windows.  

2018/June: Feeling better. Starting to do some normal things again, but still some improvements needed. All symptoms still there, just less intense.

2018/Oct: Almost 3 years off. Symptoms are milder and more manageable, but lots of anger issues at the moment. Still some depersonalization etc. Heart palpitations almost gone. There's hope.

2021/april: 5 years and 3 months off. Symptoms less intense, but still struggling, still not able to socialize much, very tired, i just want to feel normal again. In a tough and awful wave.

13 hours ago, Songbird said:

It's possible, but could also be from stress.  I believe ADs leave us less resilient to stress.  You might find some form of relaxation exercises helpful:

Relaxation exercises, guided meditations, calming videos, sleep-hypnosis

Okay that's comforting to know, then maybe i should get out of my head that im this serve, hopeless case that will never recover. The very bad waves always seems to bring, at least for me, this kind of thinking pattern, i need to be more positive and not so pessimistic, although this aint easy. Maybe it could be stress, because i have been having some really stressful months with funerals, family conflicts, anger issues etc. and it certainly has drained me emotionally. I just hope this wont last long, although im scared it will. I was doing okay up until this wave hit, with the exception of my anger issues .

Best wishes.

2015 - 2016: Last dose Mirtazapine 28.11.2015 and Sertraline 04.01.2016. (6 months taper)

2016/June: 6 months off. Feeling better but a lot of symptoms, name one and i have it.

2016/Dec: 12 months off. Hit a very bad wave, can't function at this moment, isolate and many intense symptoms. Very intense heart palpitations and very intense anxiety.

2017/June: 18 months off. Things are better, experiencing a lot of flashbacks, walking everyday.

2017/Nov: Things have finally started to improve and i'm now much better than a year ago, starting to feel a lot of improvements, but still symptoms that come in waves and windows.  

2018/June: Feeling better. Starting to do some normal things again, but still some improvements needed. All symptoms still there, just less intense.

2018/Oct: Almost 3 years off. Symptoms are milder and more manageable, but lots of anger issues at the moment. Still some depersonalization etc. Heart palpitations almost gone. There's hope.

2021/april: 5 years and 3 months off. Symptoms less intense, but still struggling, still not able to socialize much, very tired, i just want to feel normal again. In a tough and awful wave.

• Moderator Emeritus

When starting anything new only make one change at a time and try a small amount first to see how you react.  Keep it Simple, Slow and Stable

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

On 11/17/2018 at 9:36 PM, ChessieCat said:

When starting anything new only make one change at a time and try a small amount first to see how you react.  Keep it Simple, Slow and Stable

Thank you ChessieCat i will try that.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/17/2018 at 10:07 PM, GirlfromD said:

I was doing okay up until this wave hit, with the exception of my anger issues .

Have you seen this topic:  dealing-with-emotional-spirals

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

21 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Have you seen this topic:  dealing-with-emotional-spirals

Thank you! I just read it, and that helped ☺️ I discovered this emotional spiral really apply to my anger issues a lot. I know it's probably not common to hit bad waves this far out as i have, but have you seen people get through it and recover anyway, or are you kind of doomed and face many years of suffering because of it? It just worries me. Also i feel a little battle fatigued, although i will keep on going not matter what.

• Moderator Emeritus

Things have calmed down a little bit again, it's just the anger thats still hard to handle, hopefully with time this will calm down too, i have tried to listen to meditations and this have helped me a little bit i think🙏☺️

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi GirlfromD, 

I’m sorry you suffer from anger so much, that must be awful. Those nasty neuro-emotions. I very rarely get angry, when neuro-emotions kick in it’s more sadness than anything. 

I hope you’ll be going to an arts n craft store soon😄👩‍🎨🖼( Okay, why are there never any craft emojis! And while I’m on the topic of emojis, I’d love a meerkat one pretty please😜)

Hope you find some nice distractions to help you through this journey. I’m sorry you tapered too quickly before finding SA n have been suffering for years. It looks like you’re healing though. When you feel stressed n angry take time for yourself n rest, do some arts n crafts, watch Netflix, enjoy nature etc. Treat yourself kindly. 

Sending hugs🤗

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

On 11/27/2018 at 3:57 AM, Carmie said:

Hi GirlfromD, 

I’m sorry you suffer from anger so much, that must be awful. Those nasty neuro-emotions. I very rarely get angry, when neuro-emotions kick in it’s more sadness than anything. 

I hope you’ll be going to an arts n craft store soon😄👩‍🎨🖼( Okay, why are there never any craft emojis! And while I’m on the topic of emojis, I’d love a meerkat one pretty please😜)

Hope you find some nice distractions to help you through this journey. I’m sorry you tapered too quickly before finding SA n have been suffering for years. It looks like you’re healing though. When you feel stressed n angry take time for yourself n rest, do some arts n crafts, watch Netflix, enjoy nature etc. Treat yourself kindly. 

Sending hugs🤗

Hi Carmie ☺️ Yes it's really awful dealing with this anger, i so hope it disappears with time.

I have been down with a nasty cold/flu, so i haven't been able to do much yet, other than rest and tv, but when i'm over this i will definitely try out some crafts and stuff. I haven't been sick at all during withdrawal, so it's kind of weird having a cold/flu again, i wondered why i never got it, because i used to get sick all the time before wd.  

Thanks for your good advices, distraction has been so helpful during all of this, especially tv. Yes i do feel like i have healed a lot, i just wish healing was faster and not so slow. Hope you're doing alright.

Best wishes 😊

Updating a bit again, i just got hit by a cold/flu after not being sick through all of my withdrawal (used to be sick all the time before wd) but it seem to be abating now and i'm over the worst thankfully. The flu seems to have worsened some of my wd symtoms, but i figure the symtoms will ease again once the flu is completely over 😊 I thought i needed to mention some positive things too, i have been able to return to work, started last week, although it's only part time and a few hours a week, it's still is a big step for me, and i feel kind of proud i was able to do it😊 Had to call in sick today though because of this flu, but im still very excited to return once this is over. 🤞

I hope you guys are doing alright<3 

All the best

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Girl from D

Such a great news that you started work again. Slowly slowly you will achieve more, i am quite sure of it. In case you need some inspiration you can read my success story tooo... 🙂

All the best
Santino

2015 -  2016 Xanax only rescue doses of 0.125 mg 1-2 times per month
 March 2016 0.125Mg * 2 Xanax for 10 days.

20 March 2016 0.25 Mg * 2 Xanax for one week. 1 April 2016 Tranxene 5 mg and Fevarin but bad reaction for 5 days.4 April 2016 25 Mg Amitryptiline + 6 MG bromazepam at night

Started tapering Bromazepam 6 days later reached up to 3 MG in 10 days and withdrawal. Pdoc asked to go 6 MG again.

10 of May started Remeron 15 MG and started tapering Bromazepam again.

SINCE 09/06/2016 BENZO FREE - Started Tapering Remeron 04/07/2016

04/Jul/16 12.8 Mg, 11/Aug/16 12 Mg, 20/Aug/16 11Mg, 3/Sept/16 10Mg, 11/Sept/16 9 Mg, 30/Sept/16 8.1 Mg, 14/Oct/16 7.25 Mg, 17/Nov/16 6.7, 23/Nov/16 6.5, 2/Dec/16 6.25, 9/Dec/16 6Mg, 25/Dec/16 5.7Mg, 4/Jan/17 5.4Mg, 20/Jan/17 5.2Mg, 07/Feb/17 5 Mg, 15/Feb/17 4.8Mg, 27/Feb/17 4.5Mg, 15/Mar/17 4.2Mg, 23/Mar/17 4Mg, 1/Apr/17 3.7Mg, 14/Apr/17 3.4Mg, 27/Apr/17 3.1Mg, 06/May/17 2.8Mg, 22/May/17 2.6Mg, 31/May/17 2.3Mg 09/Jun/17 2Mg, 20/Jun/17 1.7Mg, 29/Jun/17 1.4Mg, 11/Jul/17 1.2Mg, 20/Jul/17 1Mg, 31/Jul/17 0.8Mg, 11/Aug/17 0.6Mg, 23/Aug/17 0.5Mg, 05/Sept/17 0.4Mg, 13/Sept/17 0.3Mg. 22/Sept/17 0.2Mg, 03/Oct/17 0.15Mg, 10/Oct/17 0.1Mg, 23/Oct/17 0.05Mg, 22/Nov/17 0.025Mg, 06/DECEMBER/2017 MIRT FREEE.

Thank you very much Santino😊 I really hope so too. I have already read your amazing success story, maybe i should have another read as success stories are the best! Hope your'e doing great. How did work feel like for you when you first started, was it difficult in the beginning, dealing with new people and such? 

Wishing you all the best.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:55 PM, GirlfromD said:

Updating a bit again, i just got hit by a cold/flu after not being sick through all of my withdrawal (used to be sick all the time before wd) but it seem to be abating now and i'm over the worst thankfully. The flu seems to have worsened some of my wd symtoms, but i figure the symtoms will ease again once the flu is completely over 😊 I thought i needed to mention some positive things too, i have been able to return to work, started last week, although it's only part time and a few hours a week, it's still is a big step for me, and i feel kind of proud i was able to do it😊 Had to call in sick today though because of this flu, but im still very excited to return once this is over. 🤞

I hope you guys are doing alright<3 

All the best

Brilliant DFD 👍.

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus
18 hours ago, GirlfromD said:

Thank you very much Santino😊 I really hope so too. I have already read your amazing success story, maybe i should have another read as success stories are the best! Hope your'e doing great. How did work feel like for you when you first started, was it difficult in the beginning, dealing with new people and such? 

Hi GirlfromD

IN fact i never quit job... anyway during all the time i used to come to work even though i would feel terribly bad about it. I isolated myself, staying all the day in the office and not talking to anyone. Slowly slowly the things changed. On the mean time i started also a small business at my hometown which gave me more purpose. I would travel every two weeks for the weekend there and i believe that was a big leap toward normalcy. Now if you are having strange feelings after you have started work just remember to not concentrate too much on the rumination. Why worry youreselfe with questions how do i look, what the new people will think of me, am i capable to do the work and so on... Please concentrate yourself on the improvements you notice... things like I am more social now, i was in this meeting yesterday and everything was fine, i am dealing so good this conversation and life without the meds... In this way your WD brain will not scare you when in a wave... 

We are here for you my friend and you will be good.

All the best Santino

2015 -  2016 Xanax only rescue doses of 0.125 mg 1-2 times per month
 March 2016 0.125Mg * 2 Xanax for 10 days.

20 March 2016 0.25 Mg * 2 Xanax for one week. 1 April 2016 Tranxene 5 mg and Fevarin but bad reaction for 5 days.4 April 2016 25 Mg Amitryptiline + 6 MG bromazepam at night

Started tapering Bromazepam 6 days later reached up to 3 MG in 10 days and withdrawal. Pdoc asked to go 6 MG again.

10 of May started Remeron 15 MG and started tapering Bromazepam again.

SINCE 09/06/2016 BENZO FREE - Started Tapering Remeron 04/07/2016

04/Jul/16 12.8 Mg, 11/Aug/16 12 Mg, 20/Aug/16 11Mg, 3/Sept/16 10Mg, 11/Sept/16 9 Mg, 30/Sept/16 8.1 Mg, 14/Oct/16 7.25 Mg, 17/Nov/16 6.7, 23/Nov/16 6.5, 2/Dec/16 6.25, 9/Dec/16 6Mg, 25/Dec/16 5.7Mg, 4/Jan/17 5.4Mg, 20/Jan/17 5.2Mg, 07/Feb/17 5 Mg, 15/Feb/17 4.8Mg, 27/Feb/17 4.5Mg, 15/Mar/17 4.2Mg, 23/Mar/17 4Mg, 1/Apr/17 3.7Mg, 14/Apr/17 3.4Mg, 27/Apr/17 3.1Mg, 06/May/17 2.8Mg, 22/May/17 2.6Mg, 31/May/17 2.3Mg 09/Jun/17 2Mg, 20/Jun/17 1.7Mg, 29/Jun/17 1.4Mg, 11/Jul/17 1.2Mg, 20/Jul/17 1Mg, 31/Jul/17 0.8Mg, 11/Aug/17 0.6Mg, 23/Aug/17 0.5Mg, 05/Sept/17 0.4Mg, 13/Sept/17 0.3Mg. 22/Sept/17 0.2Mg, 03/Oct/17 0.15Mg, 10/Oct/17 0.1Mg, 23/Oct/17 0.05Mg, 22/Nov/17 0.025Mg, 06/DECEMBER/2017 MIRT FREEE.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:41 AM, Santino said:

Hi GirlfromD

IN fact i never quit job... anyway during all the time i used to come to work even though i would feel terribly bad about it. I isolated myself, staying all the day in the office and not talking to anyone. Slowly slowly the things changed. On the mean time i started also a small business at my hometown which gave me more purpose. I would travel every two weeks for the weekend there and i believe that was a big leap toward normalcy. Now if you are having strange feelings after you have started work just remember to not concentrate too much on the rumination. Why worry youreselfe with questions how do i look, what the new people will think of me, am i capable to do the work and so on... Please concentrate yourself on the improvements you notice... things like I am more social now, i was in this meeting yesterday and everything was fine, i am dealing so good this conversation and life without the meds... In this way your WD brain will not scare you when in a wave... 

We are here for you my friend and you will be good.

All the best Santino

Thank you Santino 😊 I will remember all this, and pay less attention to my thoughts. It's so cool that you started your own business! Today i had a great day at work, i must focus on the postive things, progress and believe that healing is happening everyday. 

This site is a real life savior. I'm so grateful for this and the people here. ❤️

Best wishes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi GirlfromD, 

How are you doing? How are you coping with work? 

Sending sunshine your way☀️☀️☀️

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 7:34 AM, Carmie said:

Hi GirlfromD, 

How are you doing? How are you coping with work? 

Sending sunshine your way☀️☀️☀️

Hi Carmie, and thank you very much for asking 😊 I had to spend Christmas with a lot of family, and as always i was a little nervous before this event but it was so much better than the last couple of years, and this truly was the best gift i could receive (to feel better during christmas time).

The New Year was very quiet and cozy, nothing wild or crazy and very relaxed, which i certainly enjoyed. I didn't drink any alcohol at all as i have found that alcohol messes with my sleep etc, and that i always feel hungover times a hundred the day after drinking it, so i have decided to put the alcohol on hold for now, and maybe even until the day that i am fully recovered from all of this.

Overall, i feel much better than i used to, even though i still have many bad days too, and symptoms bothering me, i cope so much better with the symptoms and my situation now. Work has gone really well, and turned out to be, not the disaster i thought it would be, and i am enjoying learning a lot, especially about healthy foods etc. (I work at a small café). 

It feels good to have some sort of purpose now, that i didn't have before. I do feel stressed out sometimes, dealing with new people, expectations, pressure and such, and sometimes i envy my colleagues or other "normally" functioning people, that they are able to do whatever they want and aren't battling with all the things that i do, but then i remember that nobody's perfect, that this is my life and that i have to make the best of it, and that all people struggle sometimes. 

Soon i hit the 3 year mark, and i have come a long way since the beginning of my withdrawal, this makes me very happy. I really hope that you feel better, and have stabilized again? And that you've gotten through Christmas and New Year's eve alright. I'm sending lots of healing your way, and i hope that the new year will be a year filled with progress and joy for all of us. 

Best wishes ❤️ 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi GirlfromD, 

That is wonderful news, I’m so glad you’re feeling better overall. Three years off meds, that’s great. Well done!! You’re on your way to being totally symptom free. I’m glad that you don’t get as many bad days, but when you get them it must be nice to think how most of the time you’re doing okay and the bad days will pass. 

I hope you get to sample some of the healthy treats at the cafe you work at.🍱🍣🍲🥗😄 Yummy!

I have stabilised on the compounding formula, but I’ve decided to go back to the original tablets as brassmonkey said they’re more accurate. Some people don’t have a choice but to use compounding capsules. I do though, so I’m going back to the original. I wonder if it will take me another three months to stabilise. I’ll crosstaper this time though, I didn’t do that last time as I knew nothing about it. 

Wishing you continued healing💚

On 9/20/2018 at 2:03 PM, GirlfromD said:

Hi everyone. I am currently experiencing a lot of intense anger (it has been there throughout my course though) but just feeling more intense than usual. I'm constantly scared of explode in angry outbursts, say things I regret, etc. As I live with my father, I am constantly in conflict with him and with my sister. I am constantly very annoyed at everything and the whole world and it is very difficult for me, almost like I hate everyone (but know deep down i dont). I am always in doubt if I should isolate myself, but feel too weak yet to manage myself. I am burdened with guilt and bad conscience over my anger. Are there any who have some advice on what I can do? Methods etc. This worries me. Is this normal? Otherwise, other things are going better.

hope you guys are doing well. 

Having very similar situation or have been in one for 2 years. I told my mom about my angry thoughs and always apoligized if I had outbursts. (sometimes 2 days after). Also I tried to keep some anger for myself and talked it out loud (not screaming like a maniac) in my room. 

Also remember that some of your anger / irritation May be real so use the time to build a somewhat better relation with your father. Tell him for example that you right now get angry if he does something X and Tell him you like him but right now youre very sensitive and maybe not always rational. 

Writing diary from time to time is also a good complement. 

GL

2015june psyc ward due to psychosis

10 days 10mg zyprexa. stopped cold turkey. side effects were blinking eyes, eyes shut down by themself when going to sleep, restless,hunger. I had natural sleep (6hrs) before zyprexa. Slept exact 8hours with zyprexa.

2015july one month after cold turkey(had own sleep during this time exact 8hours every night, felt like zyprexa sleep even though i didnt take it) I lost my sleep over a night and it never came back. 0hours for 7-10days before I had to reinstate zyprexa on 5mg first 2days 10mg 1week 5mg 1week and then stopped CT. maybe also had 7.5 and 2.5 some days dont remember.

2015sept/october 3weeks Nitrazepam 1w Theralen build of sleep

2016may psyc ward psychoziz. Trilafon injection Immovan 3weekz

2016june 1week theralen had some extra sleep but realised its just pushing problem forward i guess

2019 Ive now been medicine free for almost 2.5 years (I think last Trilafon injection was 2016 October) and still not fully recovered. I believe my overdose on Zyprexa (20mg + injection) did most damage. 

• Moderator Emeritus

@GirlfromD

I am guessing you've read this link, but it never hurts to remind oneself of the power of the drugs to influence emotions.

Neuro-emotions - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving Antidepressants

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Hi Frasier😊 I am sorry you're going through something similar. 

16 hours ago, frasier23 said:

Tell him for example that you right now get angry if he does something X and Tell him you like him but right now youre very sensitive and maybe not always rational. 

This is a very good idea, i should try and tell my father this, and maybe even some other close relatives too as my family may wonder what's going on with this change in my personality, making me more angry etc. 

Yes, writing diary is a good thing and very helpful, i also use an "anger diary" to vent my feelings, this has helped me calm down sometimes after i've been stressed out after a big fight etc.

I recently moved back into my old apartment that i kept during my withdrawal, this have helped a little bit, but of course it isn't the best solution to "avoid" other people completely, as i need to learn how to cope better in dealing with these situations and neuro-emotions.

15 hours ago, Gridley said:

@GirlfromD

I am guessing you've read this link, but it never hurts to remind oneself of the power of the drugs to influence emotions.

Neuro-emotions - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving Antidepressants

Hello Gridley, and thanks for stopping by😊 Yes i have read it, but it was a while ago, so it wouldn't hurt to refresh my memory again. Maybe i even learn something new.

Thought I'd do an update. Yesterday was really hard and my job is causing me some challenges. I am dealing with a new wave that hit me recently. I feel angry and negative and suddenly i do not feel motivated anymore for the responsibilities etc. that a new job requires, and it is very frustrating. Every time that i seem to struggle or i am having a tough time i have this habit of thinking about how much i hate the doctors, psychiatrists and pharmaceutical companies, how and why they get away with ruining people's lives. 

I'm afraid that my family will have enough of me and lose patience, especially now that i feel like i can't handle my job anymore... 

Right now, it hurts and i feel embarrassed, frustrated and confused. I feel weak, useless, and incorrigible. It's a very negative thought pattern and this i am fully aware of. It's sad and not very pleasant feeling this way, and it's very difficult understanding, even though i know that the waves and windows are all part and parcel of going through withdrawal and how things can change so fast. 

It is super difficult recognizing that there is something, i am not really good at, or fail at. Should i listen to myself or not? Or should i just push through this job, i simply do not know. If i could just find a less stressful job, maybe that would be the answer to my questions, because i feel like i could manage "something" i just don't know what that "something" might consists of right now. I have to figure this out, and find a solution. If the solution is that i have to quit my job in order to feel better, then so be it. I just feel like i have to listen to my body's signals, while on the medicine i never listened. Maybe i just need some more time to heal.  

So i guess i took a step back...

Besides all of this i'm doing okay. Not great but okay. This journey sure ain't no walk in the park, but still it is definitely worth it.  

• Moderator Emeritus

These topics might be helpful:

dealing-with-emotional-spirals

neuro-emotions

On 1/11/2019 at 3:27 AM, ChessieCat said:

These topics might be helpful:

dealing-with-emotional-spirals

neuro-emotions

Thank you Chessie 😊 

• 3 weeks later...

The chaos and racing thoughts have improved for me. I rarely get heart palpitations anymore and I hope that this is a sign that my breathing issues etc. is improving and disappearing. I took a break from work, it was too stressful. I recently moved back home into my apartment that I kept, and had to take care of myself again. Moving back home has been stressful and probably the reason why I couldn't handle work on top of it. Anyway hope people are having some improvements out there aswell. 🌞

Gfd.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi GirlfromD, 

Nice to hear that you’re seeing some improvements. I’m glad the break from work has helped you. It’s amazing how stress, whether good or bad, can ramp up our symptoms.

Wishing you all the best on your continued recovery💚

On 1/31/2019 at 12:35 AM, Carmie said:

Hi GirlfromD, 

Nice to hear that you’re seeing some improvements. I’m glad the break from work has helped you. It’s amazing how stress, whether good or bad, can ramp up our symptoms.

Wishing you all the best on your continued recovery💚

Thank you very much Carmie😊 Yes it really is crazy, sometimes I feel like I have to walk on eggshells. But hopefully someday, our stress tolerance returns too normal again. 

Wishing you all the best too! 💚

• 2 weeks later...

Topic title:  How do i deal with the pressure from my doctor/therapist

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but i'll try. 

I talk to a "Social doctor" once a week. She constantly tries to get me to do all sorts of things all the time I don't even want to do, or feel ready for, always mentioning my situation as if I have "been very sick of depression" even though I have explained to her several times that I have withdrawal symptoms after several years of using antidepressants etc. It doesn't seem like she understands or "get's" this situation, or the fact that when healing after serve neuro-damage calm, quiet and relaxation are the "key-words" to recover the brain again. She keep saying: You won't heal if you don't get out there into the world and do stuff, work etc.. In many ways she is helpful and good to talk to, but she stresses me all the time, and now she also wants me to have a diagnosis and talk to someone in psychiatry - even though I have clearly explained to her that I want nothing to do with them, she says i probably have a "personality disorder" and I just get so annoyed at her because I know all my problems stem from the medicine and wd.
I don't know what to do and I am afraid i'm gonna end up saying yes to a lot of the things that she suggests, cause she keeps pushing me, and I fear that it will further aggravate my situation. I have heard some other members from this site mention diagnoses as "diag-nonsense" and I agree very much with this statement. I considered talking to a therapeut, but now I don't know if I could benefit from that if they too, act like the doctor do. 

Does anybody have suggestions on what to do in this situation, or who may have experienced something similar? Any advice on this, would be greatly appreciated

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

leave her and find another doc if you feel your gonna give in and agree with her to do things that might not benefit in the long term

Jan 2009-Mar 2016---Abilify(20,15,10,5mg),Risperidal(3mg,2mg,1mg),Mirtazapine(30mg,15mg)

2 years before:

Mar 2016-Feb 2017---Abilify(5mg,2.5mg)

July 2017-Oct 2017---Olanzapine 15mg

Oct 2017-Nov 2017---Olanzapine 10mg

Nov 2017-Feb 2018---Olanzapine 5mg

Feb 2018-NOW---Olanzapine 2.5mg

6 hours ago, GirlfromD said:

I talk to a "Social doctor"

HI GFD can you elaborate .

In my opinion ide get the hell away from her ,this is disgusting how she speaks.shes been hood winked by the DSM in my opinion,medical doctors only know medicine ,the world is waking up to these people .

Your banging your head at a brick wall telling her about withdrawl ,they don't listen or care ,she mite well have the personality disorder herself ,a bloody sociopath if you ask me . 

I heard a saying the other day ,"the worth and test of a DR should be how to get a patient off meds"not onto them .

I personally would run a mile from this person . 

Take care

Also I was listening to claire weekes the other day ,she said when we are In a hightened state of anxiety or stress we are very suggestable.so be very careful how your mood is around someone like her.

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Well said PB❤️❤️❤️

Sometimes i i look around and all i see is TWILIGHT ZONE - did you like that movie?! It’s a favorite of mine. Much better than what’s happening in the drug world. 

Rachel - 1998-2012 Prozac 20mg

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

Sept 17 Remeron 15mg, March ‘18 7.5mg

Jan 31 - Feb 13 1/4 - 1mg Ativan

Jan 31 - feb 5 - 2mg Prozac, 4mg feb 7

feb 10 - 10mg rem, Feb 27 - 7.5mg rem

Feb 27 - March 6th - 5mg Baclofen 

March 12th - Keppra 250mg

March 24 - 30mg phenobarbital 

• Moderator Emeritus