Ali4: Reinstating low dose of celexa

Ali4

Today is 3weeks since my last does of my celexa, I tapered down on doctors advice, last dose was 5mg for a week and stopped. Iam currently in what I would call as "hell" the withdrawal symptoms are too much, I feel like I just want to give up, brain zaps numbness and weird sensations in my head, dizzy, nauseous, I feel spaced out. I've been on celexa for ten years, in between 20-30mg, I felt fine for the first almost two weeks after stopping and since then it's been rather scary. My question is whether or not reinstating a small dose would help, maybe the taper was way to fast, I tapered over two months and reading on here clearly I can see that it was likely too fast. Any advice would be appreciated thanks ????

10 years citalopram 30mg- tapered down in December 15/2015- Jan 15/2016 to 20mg for two weeks, ten for one week and five for another week, then stopped, less then two weeks later, sheer hell broke lose with debilitating withdrawal symptoms.

Update-- reinstated 5mg of celexa on feb 5-- within hours noticed immediate difference in WD symptoms-- Holding holding and more holding.

Updose- March 23/16 too 10mg- relieved the harsher head symptoms- current symptoms headaches, dizzy, numbness and tingling in my head.

Benzos- 2015-Ativan on and off for 6 months 2mg- switched to clonazepam nov 2015- 2mg till Jan 2016 Zopiclone 7.5mg nov-dec 2015- was tapered off over 4weeks- Currently in protracted withdrawal. ????????????????????????????????

Update- ended up in the hospital April 18/16 major suicidal ( never had that before) was admitted/ been there ever since, put me back to full dose celexa 30mg no drugs added, IAM FINALLY STABLE AFTER 3 months of tortuous hell. Got a great physiatrist that new all about WD, he will help me taper properly in a couple of months at 5% deductions holding 8 weeks. I never want to relive that hell again.

Udate- stable and holding, doing things slowly is key.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ali4

• AliG

• Fresh

• Dan998

Hi Ali4-- welcome to the group.  I'm sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble.  You hit the nail on the head though, you've tapered way too fast and jumped off way too high.  What you're feeling is withdrawal syndrome.  It has a bad habit of letting you feel great for a while and the blindsiding you with symptoms.  It's only been a few weeks since you quit so you have a really good chance that reinstatement will help.  I would start low, say 1-2 mg a day for a few weeks and see how that goes.  Then we can make adjustments if needed.  We have a really good thread on reinstatement:

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms 

We also have one that will help explain why you're feeling so bad:

What is withdrawal syndrome? 

It would be really helpful if you would fill out a signature block with all of your drug history, it gives a good view of what has been going on.

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thank you so much for your quick response, I feel so lost with what to do, I was going to just solider on, but I can't live like this day in and day out, I thought maybe give it another week and see if some of the symptoms lift, but I'm scared s**tless at the same time to wait to long and what if nothing changes, will reinstating a low dose help or make me worse? Thank you again

10 years citalopram 30mg- tapered down in December 15/2015- Jan 15/2016 to 20mg for two weeks, ten for one week and five for another week, then stopped, less then two weeks later, sheer hell broke lose with debilitating withdrawal symptoms.

Update-- reinstated 5mg of celexa on feb 5-- within hours noticed immediate difference in WD symptoms-- Holding holding and more holding.

Updose- March 23/16 too 10mg- relieved the harsher head symptoms- current symptoms headaches, dizzy, numbness and tingling in my head.

Benzos- 2015-Ativan on and off for 6 months 2mg- switched to clonazepam nov 2015- 2mg till Jan 2016 Zopiclone 7.5mg nov-dec 2015- was tapered off over 4weeks- Currently in protracted withdrawal. ????????????????????????????????

Update- ended up in the hospital April 18/16 major suicidal ( never had that before) was admitted/ been there ever since, put me back to full dose celexa 30mg no drugs added, IAM FINALLY STABLE AFTER 3 months of tortuous hell. Got a great physiatrist that new all about WD, he will help me taper properly in a couple of months at 5% deductions holding 8 weeks. I never want to relive that hell again.

Ali,  If I were you I would be inclined to give reinstatement a trial run. As it's only been three weeks since your last dose of Celexa, I think you have a good chance of relieving some of those symptoms , with perhaps a very small dose.  It's more likely to work soon after stopping , while the nervous system is still somewhat shaped around the drug that's been removed. It's a difficult choice, but many have had success. It is the only way of possibly lessening or alleviating some withdrawal symptoms. It takes 4 days for the body to fully register and achieve a steady state in the blood.  It's a good idea to keep notes of your symptoms , for the next couple of weeks, if that's what you decide to do . There's no guarantee, but as you have been off Celexa, a relatively short time , it's hopeful.

Rate symptoms daily to track patterns and progress

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ali4 ,  welcome to the site.

After 10 years , your brain has become very used to celexa , and your withdrawal is likely to get much worse.

Reinstating stops the w/d developing further , and should take the edge off your symptoms quickly.

You can then stabilize , and start to taper off slowly in a safe way that avoids debilitating w/d symptoms.

Try reading the thread on how to make a liquid from tablets  here   

How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

Until you get a syringe etc., you might break off a crumb of celexa about equal to 1mg.

Use this thread to ask any questions as you go.  If you click FOLLOW at the top right , you'll receive an email

each time someone posts.

Best wishes , Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Thank you so much for your help, I will go pick up a prescription today and reinstate a 1mg dose? I'm truly frightened to do it, but I've read so much here a can see you guys know more about it then the doctors who seem to think you can just stop them without problems.The worst right now is the feelings in my head, brain zaps are crazy.

Ali.     That's a good plan. Start with that ( 1 mg )  , and you can go up a little if needed.  Also, if you have a reaction , you can stop. Try if you can, to keep notes of your symptoms, as it will help all of us to assess how you are doing. Please let us know how you are doing.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus
Hey Ali,

Welcome from a fellow celexa reinstater. You really are making the right decision. I know from my own experience that things can get so much worse if you try to tough it out. 

2001: 20mg paroxetine
2003-2014: Switched between 20mg citalopram and 10mg escitalopram with several failed CT's
2015: Jan/ Feb-very fast taper off citalopram; Mar/ Apr-crashed; 23 Apr-reinstated 5mg; 05 May-updosed to 10mg; 15 Jul-started taper; Aug-9.0mg; Sep-8.1mg; Oct-7.6mg; Nov-6.8mg; Dec-6.2mg
2016: Jan-5.7mg; Feb-5.2mg; Mar-5.0mg;  Apr-4.5mg; May-4.05mg; Jun-3.65mg; Jul-3.3mg; Aug-2.95mg; 04Sep-2.65mg; 25Sep-2.4mg; 23Oct-2.15mg; 13Nov-1.95mg; 04Dec-1.75mg; 25Dec-1.55mg.
2017: 08Jan-1.4mg; 22Jan-1.25mg; 12Feb-1.1mg; 26Feb-1.0mg; 05Mar-0.9mg; 15Mar-0.8mg; 22Mar-0.7mg; 02Apr-0.6; 09Apr-0.5mg; 16Apr-0.4mg; 23Apr-0.3; 03May-0.2mg; 10May-0.1mg

Finished taper 17 May 2017.

Read my success story

I am not a medical professional. The information I provide is not medical advice. If in doubt please consult with a qualified healthcare provider.

Hey Dan

It's nice to see a fellow celexa buddy, I see alot of other Ad on here, but not many celexa,this drug is a nightmare, I have been out if treatment for 2 weeks now from drug addiction, I was in for 2 months, I can say that everything else I came off and conquered was a breeze compared to this hell, I read through all these posts and it truly breaks my heart the amount of people that are going through this. If I could rewind 10 years back, knowing what I know now, I would have never taken the road of walking with the devil. I pray for all of you

God, grant us the serenity, to accept the things we cannot change, the courage to change the things we can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hi Ali4-- This is some of the scariest stuff a person could be asked to go through, especially at the start, but it does get better.  The longer a person waits to reinstate the less likely it is to help.  It's one of the few times in this process where taking a long time is not a good idea.

Congratulations on getting through rehab, that's no small feat in itself.  With your being clean for only two weeks it would not be a good idea to rush into tapering the AD right away.  The best thing would a small reinstatement and then sit tight for a few months while things settle out.  There will be some residual recovery that needs to be done from the rehab and then the ol' brain needs a break before trying to taper.

You have a lot of good supportive company here and a good attitude, so it will happen.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thank you ☺ I will conquer this!!! Waiting patiently for my husband to arrive with my demon "celexa" get back on track and start again, I say challenge acepted ☺ what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!!!

So I reinstated a small dose off celexa after 3 weeks of withdrawl hell and have noticed immediate relief in the dibilitating brain zaps. Still a bit dizzy,but it has only been 2 days since starting the low dose, some relief is better then none.

Edited by KarenB
merged intro posts

Ali.  I'm replying here , as your thread will be merged. This is your thread to come back to ask questions, record progress etc. Please keep notes on your symptoms over the next couple of weeks.  It will  take a minimum of 4 days for your body to fully register the addition of the drug. Let us know how you go .

Is it good I feel relief, what happens after 4 day's?

Ali.  It is great if you are feeling a little relief. That means it could be starting to have an effect in a positive way. It can take 4 days or more to " kick in." Have an effect. Reach a steady state in the blood. It sounds like it could be relieving some symptoms, which is what you're aiming for. It's a good sign.

Rate symptoms daily to track patterns and progress

Thank you for helping me, feel very lost and frustrated at times.

I also forgot to ask, should I take fish oil and magnesium as well?

Hi Ali4-- There is so much new, technical and at times conflicting information to try and absorb while your brain isn't working the way you'd like, it can be very frustrating, confusing and scary.  You'll start to make sense of it all pretty soon.

When a you takes a dose of these meds it takes about three to four hours for it to fully enter the blood and start working.  Once that happens the body start using it up and getting rid of it.  The time it takes for the body has removed half of the dose is referred to the meds "half life" and is different for each drug. So you take a dose today the amount in the blood peaks and starts to taper down, but there is still some there when you take a dose tomorrow and again the next day etc.  It takes four days for the peeks and valleys to even out to a fairly level amount.  During those four days any symptoms that come up are usually due to those fluctuations so you can't know how the dose is really affecting you.  Once the drug is steady state then the body can react to it in a steady manner and you can tell how you're tolerating it.  So most symptoms/improvements that come up during the first four days after a "dose change event" are considered invalid when assessing how well you're tolerating the change.

On top of that symptoms/improvements caused by the dose change event can take from a week to several months to happen.  Symptoms from a decrease frequently show up fairly quickly, unlike improvements from an updose or reinstatement which often take in the four week to several month range, sometimes longer.  It's something people don't want to hear, because they want relief now.  But there really is no way around it.  

• Moderator Emeritus

Ali, I'm glad you are having some relief. As you may know, an immediate or near-immediate relief of symptoms after reinstating is a definite sign that the symptoms are a result of withdrawal, not any of the original conditions "coming back."

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

So since reinstating I feel better, it's only been a week and I know it will take time, the only bothersome symptom is the head sensations, tingling, pricking, numbness and pressure, at times feels as though my head is to heavy to carry, if that makes any sense at all lol,is that normal? I do find fish oil to be very helpful, haven't tried magnesium yet, I have it, scared to take it as I don't want to take anything that may make me feel worse lol any help would be appreciated, thanks so much for your time.

• Moderator Emeritus

You're on the right track Ali ,  your symptoms should continue to decrease.

I understand your nervousness about magnesium.  Try a quarter of the recommended dose and see what happens.

You can work your way up slowly.   

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi Ali4-- There is so much new, technical and at times conflicting information to try and absorb while your brain isn't working the way you'd like, it can be very frustrating, confusing and scary. You'll start to make sense of it all pretty soon.

When a you takes a dose of these meds it takes about three to four hours for it to fully enter the blood and start working. Once that happens the body start using it up and getting rid of it. The time it takes for the body has removed half of the dose is referred to the meds "half life" and is different for each drug. So you take a dose today the amount in the blood peaks and starts to taper down, but there is still some there when you take a dose tomorrow and again the next day etc. It takes four days for the peeks and valleys to even out to a fairly level amount. During those four days any symptoms that come up are usually due to those fluctuations so you can't know how the dose is really affecting you. Once the drug is steady state then the body can react to it in a steady manner and you can tell how you're tolerating it. So most symptoms/improvements that come up during the first four days after a "dose change event" are considered invalid when assessing how well you're tolerating the change.

On top of that symptoms/improvements caused by the dose change event can take from a week to several months to happen. Symptoms from a decrease frequently show up fairly quickly, unlike improvements from an updose or reinstatement which often take in the four week to several month range, sometimes longer. It's something people don't want to hear, because they want relief now. But there really is no way around it.

Lexapro: started in 2002 at 10 mgs.

Ambien: started as a as needed sleep aid in 2010.

Quit Lexapro cold turkey in June 20015 due to contributing to low sodium issues.

Restarted Lexapro in late November for a week (only 5 mgs) but quit due to dizziness side effects. Side effects worsened for 3 weeks until

12/24/15: Protracted WD hit, experienced extreme anxiety, insomnia lack of full concentration and social challenges.

Reinstated Lexapro on 1/1/16 at 5 mgs. Increased per Dr to 7.5 MG. Tapered off Lexapro in March 2016.

Started 50MG of Seroquel in late January 2016 for bedtime to help in eliminate Ambien. Tapered off both Seroquel and Ambien in March 2016.

2/14/16: Prescribed both Remeron (15 MG) and Temazapam (15 MG) for sleep. Also use Klonopin and Ambien again in place of Temazapam to avoid addiction. However I did take Temazapam 60 straight days

6/15/16: Stopped use of all benzo's and now use Belsomra 1-2 times a week. Still on 15 MG of Remeron

10/11/16: Off all psych medications

After kindling, trying to regain my strength suffering from severe mental and physical fatigue.

Interesting explanation Brass Monkey. May I ask how long it takes if your body cannot handle the dose increase or reinstatement? Any examples of how it can reject it? Nausea, headaches, akasithia?

Quit Lexapro cold turkey in June 20015 due to contributing to low sodium issues.

Restarted Lexapro in late November for a week (only 5 mgs) but quit due to dizziness side effects. Side effects worsened for 3 weeks until

12/24/15: Protracted WD hit, experienced extreme anxiety, insomnia lack of full concentration and social challenges.

Reinstated Lexapro on 1/1/16 at 5 mgs. Increased per Dr to 7.5 MG. Tapered off Lexapro in March 2016.

Started 50MG of Seroquel in late January 2016 for bedtime to help in eliminate Ambien. Tapered off both Seroquel and Ambien in March 2016.

2/14/16: Prescribed both Remeron (15 MG) and Temazapam (15 MG) for sleep. Also use Klonopin and Ambien again in place of Temazapam to avoid addiction. However I did take Temazapam 60 straight days

6/15/16: Stopped use of all benzo's and now use Belsomra 1-2 times a week. Still on 15 MG of Remeron

After kindling, trying to regain my strength suffering from severe mental and physical fatigue.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes Christian , all the usual suspects.  They can start within hours.  Effexor is the same as all other meds. in this regard.

12733592_10208410076920171_3334463657167

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Thanks.

Ok I will continue on then and hope for the best.

So since reinstating I feel better, it's only been a week and I know it will take time, the only bothersome symptom is the head sensations, tingling, pricking, numbness and pressure, at times feels as though my head is to heavy to carry, if that makes any sense at all lol,is that normal? I do find fish oil to be very helpful, haven't tried magnesium yet, I have it, scared to take it as I don't want to take anything that may make me feel worse lol any help would be appreciated, thanks so much for your time.

You described it so well! Did you have those head symptoms after CT, and BEFORE reinstated?

I have all those on and off ever since I increased lexapro then reducing down. I never had them in my first attempt tapering (before dose increase).

Hope you feel ever better soon!

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Hey lex,

This is the first time I've experienced the way my head currently feels, as soon as I came off and WD hit I was like WTF is going on, after reinstating it has got better, but still very noticeable, it's only been just over a week since I reinstated, I know it will take time, it's scary to be quite honest, I've convinced myself that I have something seriously wrong that is exactly how it feel, tingling, prickling, numbness, like concrete full and can't hold your own head up LOL... I THINK IM GOING CRAZY!! I try to go on about my day the best I can and not get caught up in the symptoms, but when it's your brain, sometimes it's REALLY hard not to get caught up in them, is it weird that I'm comforted by the thought that someone else is experiencing the same thing I just need reassurance that it's the pills and I don't have a tumour or something, FREAKING OUT lol ... Oh and I have some muscle spams in my legs ALOT sometimes in my arms, those are the current exhausting symptoms I have Anyways that's where I'm at

Take care through the battles! Ali

Ali, I had all those entire 1.5 year since I increased dose then tapering down. Recently they got lots better I feel the long hold is the reason as this is the first time I have been holding long 4+ months.

So did those head sxs start BEFORE you reinstate? I tried to find try our current dose but didn't. You may want to add that in your sig. Along with dates etc,

Hope those nasty sxs go away for you soon.

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

They started less then two weeks after being off them completely, the day I reinstated within an hour I had relief and slowly getting better as the days go on. I just think to myself it's crazy how one little pill can f people up so bad.the stories I read on here, breaks my heart that so many people have had to suffer, but I'm sure glad I found this forum, it helps me tremendously. I will ado everything in my signature, I'm still pretty new on here and sometimes my brain doesn't work properly LOL ????????

Lex what does sxs meen?

Symptoms, my own abbreviation for my journal

How are you feeling today?

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

I feel better today, was a good day, I'm thankful for the good days, then the bad don't seem that bad, how are you feeling?

No good :( severe needles and pins plus total DR, swollen head, supper dry mouth, feeling non existing most of the day, a bit better in evening as always. I believe increase dose last year messed up the whole system.

Great you had a better day!!!

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

I'm sorry to here it hasn't been good and do hope that things get better for you, stay strong my friend, we can and WILL beat this together, the worst is all the head symptoms, I wake in the morning trying to see if I feel normal, it's terrible, hope today is a bit better for you.