SkyBlue: Paxil taper

SkyBlue

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks very much, PB! 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

4 minutes ago, SkyBlue said:

Thanks very much, PB! 

no ,thank you ,its nice to read a nice positive post ,I'm having a nightmare weekend but ile be fine ,I got my usual great support from the site  as usual .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

You bet! Hope you're feeling better soon and glad the forum has been helpful.

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

• Moderator Emeritus

******You guys I need urgent help . 

I went to essentially my last option today, a dr who I decided to pay out of pocket (because I've maxed out relationsihs with psych drs in all the medical/insurance systems in my area--they support me for a while then get to a point where they give me a tremendous amount of pressure to "jump off" and I go to someone else ). Okay. Found him on Mad in America.

Breggin books in his office. Cool. Told me most psych meds do more harm than good. Great! Told him my whole psychological history. Okay. After going through this he said I am on such a tiny dose that actually what can happen is that there can be a reverse placebo effect, a psychological effect, that can feel very real but is more psychological than physical. So I would probably be fine to stop taking the Paxil now.

At this point I started to dissociate. He said he never prescribes on the first visit. okay. Well how many pay-out-of-pocket visits will it be until I get my magical refill? It is uncertain. He has to get to know me more. (I acted outwardly calm even though I was dissociating.) So we left it at, I may come back for more visits. (I'm not comfortable with the idea that I don't know how many visits it will take, and the fact that it sounds like there may be pressure from him to jump off.)

It's not like I'm trying to get a Vicodin-percocet-valium cocktail. It's freaking Paxil. And yes, you found me out, I'm imagining this all; it's actually a hobby I have to turn my entire life upside down with what I'm IMAGINING to be psych drug withdrawal. It's been a real roller-coaster ride, and so much fun. 

this CAN'T BE HOW IT ENDS FOR ME. 

I'm having some really strong SI right now. I'm taking care of myself (speaking of which I'm back to my old habits and not eating, so I need to do that) and going to be safe BUT I just don't know -- how much fight do I have left? 

PLEASE, any and all ideas. 

If I EVER make it through this process and come out of psychiatry alive and well, I will help as many people as I can in as many ways as I can. 

You have enough fight to survive this.  Take a deep breath and let the initial shock and panic wash away.  Have a bit of lunch and ground yourself.  Then regroup and see what ideas people have to post.

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay. Still haven't eaten. I am going to do that RIGHT NOW, Brassmonkey-promise, and will come back. Hugs!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay, I ate something and feel a lot more grounded. Imagine that!!! Thanks for the reminder, Brass. I'm going to figure this out. We're going to figure this out. 

Hey SB,

wow you have done amazing, your so close to being med free, Congratulations.

I'm on paxil too and I've noticed you desperately need them, I'm not sure what brand you take , but I'm happy to send you a box off my own, if that helps. I know how it feels to miss a dose and would hate anyone to go through that. I'm not even sure I'm allowed to do that on this site, but here goes...

• 1995 started Paxil 20mg slowly increasing to 50mg 2014 I decided to tapper myself not knowing how too and crashed , DR added 50mg of Seroquel

• Through the years made many mistakes tapering

• Started Tapering Both drugs at the same time 7.5% per month Paxil 9% Seroquel doing daily micro-taper 

• Guided by Mark Horowitz

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Cheeky, thank you so much for your kind words and for the offer.

It really means a lot! 

I don't think that will work, because not legal ; ) and also I'm not taking a pill form but liquid.

But I immensely appreciate your great kindness. 

I'm ok for about a couple weeks including one possible "emergency-refill-even-though-oops-I'm allegedly-off-already" from current prescriber, so I'm not yet in an emergency, and so hopefully there is hope. 

Thanks again!!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Also I should mention that once I found out he wouldn't prescribe for me, I did tell him to bill my insurance. No sense in wasting money when it's not even helping me get what I need.

Hi Sky Blue,

Im so sorry you are having a rough day...I can understand.  It gets so challenging sometimes to keep picking oneself up, get slapped down, pick self up, etc.  Gets tiring mentally and physically.  It is astounding to me how the mental health system works....didn't know until this past couple years.  Your 'it's actually a hobby I have to turn my entire life upside down with what I'm IMAGINING to be psych drug withdrawal. It's been a real roller-coaster ride, and so much fun.'....spoke right to me and is spot on...I also smiled a bit...thank you for that!  You have your sense of humor and that says a lot!!!  You sound wonderful ad strong!  Bless you for helping me tonight!  Take care of you!  (My Dr said again yesterday he thought I should switch from Viibryd to Paxil so could easier get off it...think maybe NOT!!!!  But not much wiggle room with the Viibryd.  SO challenging not to be angry sometimes!!!  Blessings!

-Nardil 1976 < year, stopped. React to AD's. Klonopin .5BID 1990, 2.5mg til 2016

-Klonopin doubled Jan '16. Taper to 2.25mg May to Nov '16. Bad react to Lexapro, stop. React to Prevacid too, taper off. 

-November '16 Tapered .25mg Klonopin in hospital. Jan '17 started Viibryd, 20mg from Feb to June '17,     

-20mg to 10mg Viibryd from 3/25 to 6/10 2017, 12/15 10% Viibryd taper...back up next day

-Clonazepam 2mg to 1.85mg 4/14 '17 to end November; taper to 1mg Clonazepam in hospital 9/1 tp 9/14 '17

-Feb '18 Amiloride .25mg  5/18 off Amiloride d/t react. Clonaz compounded  

-4/27 '18 Viibryd 9.5mg, 6/11 9.0 mg, 1/27 '19 Viibryd 8.75mg, ; Clonazepam .2mg 530pm and .7mg 1130pm, Premarin .3mg 830PM CARAFATE QID 2/27/19 to 3/5/19

-July 6'19 1/2 10mg Claritin 230pm, stopped it about July 18, started Oct 11 '19, 

-7/27 Viibryd 8.5, 8/29 8.25, 10/24 8.0, 12/19 7.75, Feb '20 7.50, 3/20 7.25, 5/20 7.0, 6/20 6.75, 7/20 6.5, 8/20 6.25, 10/2 20 6.0, 11/25'20 5.75, 1/9/21 5.5, 2/23 5.25

-1015 AM Viibryd, vit D 4,000IU 130, 415 Clonazepam .2mg, 815 Premarin .3mg, 1015 Clonaz .7mg,

1115 3t fish oil+D 1145 Castor Oil 650mg(4) 1230 Carafate 1/2GM,Methylated B Vit  1/week,Reacted Mag prn

• Moderator Emeritus
15 hours ago, Rabe said:

Your 'it's actually a hobby I have to turn my entire life upside down with what I'm IMAGINING to be psych drug withdrawal. It's been a real roller-coaster ride, and so much fun.'....spoke right to me and is spot on...I also smiled a bit...thank you for that!  You have your sense of humor and that says a lot!!!  You sound wonderful ad strong!  Bless you for helping me tonight!  Take care of you!  (

Hi Rabe, 

Thank you so much for your kind words!

You're very welcome for the smile -- I think if possible it helps to have a sense of humor at times, because what we go through is absolutely crazy.

Yes, please spare yourself from Paxil! I'm so glad you knew better!

Thank you again! 

• Moderator Emeritus

I put in a call to my current doctor saying I'm having a lot of trouble (nausea, headache, dp/dr) after the last few drops and would like to hold at this dose (allegedly 0.4 mg)  for a while. Hopefully this will buy me some time as I figure out next steps which I'm working on as we speak.      

I truly salute the wisdom of those who never told their prescriber they were tapering. Best way to go by far.

Hope everyone's doing okay. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Me again! 

Okay, I'm looking at functional medicine clinics, which while not covered with insurance, are cheaper than out-of-pocket tele-psychiatry.

What am I saying when I make the appointment?

I think that I need to say something like, I'm on Paxil and would like support tapering off of it. I'm in a good place to do so, have a lot of support, nutritionally, etc., meditation, exercise.

(No mention of Zoloft; or any tapering/WD background. I'm in perfect health and would like to come off Paxil.)

What do I say if they ask, why don't you get help from whoever's prescribing Paxil now?

I would not mention that you are already tapering and if asked I would tell them your original dose and not the one that you are currently on.  I would say something about your previous doctor thinking that it is alright to just quit taking it, won't support doing a taper and because you want off he won't continue to prescribe it.

Hopefully your current doctor will come through with a "rescue prescription".  If he does there will probably be some "I told you so" talk at your next meeting.  In that case a little contrition would go a long way to getting more prescriptions in the future.  Enough to finish your taper and not look back.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Administrator

SkyBlue, even your gynecologist can prescribe Paxil, you don't need a psychiatrist at all. Do you have a good relationship with another of your doctors?

This information might be helpful to convince a doctor to write the prescription:

In the US, the ordering code for Paxil Oral Suspension (liquid),10 mg/5ml., in 250 ml bottles is

NDC 53873-043-00 (GlaxoSmithKline Paxil liquid) https://www.hipaaspace.com/medical_billing/coding/national.drug.codes/53873-043-00

NDC 60505-0402-5 (Apotex generic paroxetine liquid) https://www.hipaaspace.com/medical_billing/coding/national.drug.codes/60505-0402-5

You could probably go to just about any primary care provider in your health plan and get a prescription. Or an Urgent Care center. Or Walmart, if it has a walk-in clinic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Brass, thanks for the ideas and heads-up. And yes, leaving this behind for good in the near future!

Alto, I'm not trying to be difficult, but that's exactly what I have been doing: 

-"Second opinion" psychiatrist (1/24) said he won't help me and that it was "underhanded" for me to ask for his help

-Primary doctor (AMAZING!!!) is in the same system as psychiatrist. I feel like if it was just her, she would DEFINITELY help me, but I can't imagine she would be willing to override the psychiatrist. Same system (computer records) as psychiatrist. I suppose I can try to get in and see her 

-My amazing ob-gyn was prescribing refills (Zoloft) for a while, then said that because my situation is "so complicated" she needed me to get any future refills from psychiatrist. Same system (computer records) as psychiatrist.

-Went to a primary dr in a previously-visited health system, hadn't been there for 2 years, and I asked for liquid Paxil and she said no (tapering= complicated = psychiatrist only).

I think the primary problem is that it is liquid. They think "liquid" and they think "tapering=scary."

I'd be fine with making my own liquid from this point using tablets (MUCH easier to get I imagine) but at this point (0.5 mg) I don't think it is wise to switch formulations and I don't want to hurt my nervous system by just trying a switch. Should I not be concerned about switching formulations?

I'm open to the idea that there's something I'm not seeing, or something I'm doing wrong. I believe that it is possible that any dr can prescribe for me, but that's not what I'm experiencing. I would greatly appreciate any additional help in this difficult situation.

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh, man. Any encouragement, kind words, "keep-going," is very much appreciated. Beginning with last night at about 12:30 am I am in the throes of suicidality and rage. I always optimistically think, hey, maybe that won't happen anymore. From yesterday it will be a nine-day "wave" in which there is suicidality, despondency, rage (and usually an unexpected bonus day--not sure when--of feeling like life is indeed worth living). It's a waiting game. I just need to get through it and trust that whatever's on the other side is worth going through this. 

I have a note that I wrote to myself 1/16 that I just came out of feeling like this and am SO GLAD that I made it through. I find that hard to believe, but I wrote it to myself for this very reason.

Note to self: any spiritual/existential questions will have to wait ("what's the point of going through this for two and a half years"). It's a matter of breathing in, breathing out; using my strategies; mindful distraction; trusting that it is worth fighting through this.

2 minutes ago, SkyBlue said:

I have a note that I wrote to myself 1/16 that I just came out of feeling like this and am SO GLAD that I made it through. I find that hard to believe, but I wrote it to myself for this very reason.

Note to self: any spiritual/existential questions will have to wait

Hang in there and hold onto that message from yourself! What a gift to find it today! This is the first day in weeks that I'm experiencing a tiny window. I'll use a little of that window to hold you in my thoughts and prayers!

Dalalea's Introduction

Off All SSRI Medications: Effexor 2010 one month
Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)
Current Symptoms: tinnitus, hearing loss in one ear, allergies

My Plan: Prayer, Scripture, Walk, Yoga, Encourage Others, Healthy Eating
Generic SSRI Withdrawal Symptom and Plan Checklists and Graph.xlsx

Current Supplements: Magnesium Threonate, Fish Oil, probiotic, B-12, C, D-3

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove
Current Essential Oil Blends: Brain Power, Clarity, Stress Away

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks very much, Dalalea; I really appreciate it.

Yikes sorry to hear Skye your in such a nasty wave ,I thought it be the least I could do and offer support since you supported me yesterday .

I really hope it eases for you soon .

Be safe . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus
57 minutes ago, powerback said:

Yikes sorry to hear Skye your in such a nasty wave ,I thought it be the least I could do and offer support since you supported me yesterday .

I really hope it eases for you soon .

Be safe . 

Hi PB,

Thanks very much. It will ease soon. I've almost made it through the day.

I think what's going to help this weekend is some purposeful distraction. By that, I mean that I'm actively trying to get involved in something for the purpose of distracting myself (which is different from "not facing things"--because this is a biological, chemical emotion, not anything that Needs to Be Solved By Figuring Things Out). 

One thing in this respect is that the Super Bowl is being held in my state. I'm not into sports but it is kind of cute to see people so excited. I'm purposefully staying out of the city as I want no part in it!!! Lol But there is a lot of coverage, people/friends talking about it etc. Could be a good means of distraction.

Wow!  I can't believe you're are doing so well!  It gives me hope since I have been on Zoloft since1999!  I'm not ready to taper yet, but I will come back here when I am ready to do so!  Good luck and prayers to you!

• Ativan Mid April 1999-to end of May 1999 ( COLD TURKEY and flushed them down the toilet) I went through hell for 3 months-I had no idea what was happening to me there was no information on the internet about this drug)
  • Zoloft 200mg 1999 to 2017
  • Wellbutrin 2015 6 months Started having exterme anxiety-quit taking switched back to Zoloft ( I have quit about 6 jobs from this time0  Klonopin .5-1.0 of and on for two months (tapered off in Dec-Jan)
  • 15 mg Remeron 2012-presnt
  • **Started tapering down Zoloft 12/?/17 12/09/17 down to 50mg; 12/12/17-12/14-17 Zoloft 100mg; 12/16/201712/19 -Zoloft 150mg; 12/20/17-01/06/18 Zoloft 200mg; 01/07/18-01//18/18 Zoloft 180mg
  • 01/18/18-present Zoloft 200mg
  • February 2018-Copaxone 40mg (3 times a week shots) (for Multiple Sclerosis)2/17/18 begin transition to liquid 200mg
  • magnesium, fish oil

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks so much, Samantha; I really appreciate it. <3 

yes, when you're ready to taper I'd love to help/support in any way. I'm glad you're waiting until the time is right for you. 

Wow!  I can't believe you're are doing so well!  It gives me hope since I have been on Zoloft since1999!  I'm not ready to taper yet, but I will come back here when I am ready to do so!  Good luck and prayers to you!

• Ativan Mid April 1999-to end of May 1999 ( COLD TURKEY and flushed them down the toilet) I went through hell for 3 months-I had no idea what was happening to me there was no information on the internet about this drug)
  • Wellbutrin 2015 6 months Started having exterme anxiety-quit taking switched back to Zoloft ( I have quit about 6 jobs from this time0  Klonopin .5-1.0 of and on for two months (tapered off in Dec-Jan)
  • **Started tapering down Zoloft 12/?/17 12/09/17 down to 50mg; 12/12/17-12/14-17 Zoloft 100mg; 12/16/201712/19 -Zoloft 150mg; 12/20/17-01/06/18 Zoloft 200mg; 01/07/18-01//18/18 Zoloft 180mg
  • February 2018-Copaxone 40mg (3 times a week shots) (for Multiple Sclerosis)2/17/18 begin transition to liquid 200mg
  • magnesium, fish oil

How are you feeling?  Have you been able to live your normal life while doing your taper?

• magnesium, fish oil

What if you went back to the doctor who told you to jump off and refused to prescribe more?  Tell her that you did what she told you to do and you are in horrible agony?  It was a huge mistake, you do need Paxil and see if she'll give you more.  Even if it's pills just in case?  I know it's not perfect and that you really need liquid, but would that be better than having none at all?

Honestly, I'm very upset that you are having trouble getting the liquid to finish the taper.  Breggin doesn't understand this?  It's very disappointing, and for you it's more than that, of course.  I'm so sorry.

Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

Brass

Hi Skylue,

I'm so sorry you have been struggling!  Just the one time I tried tapering the Viibryd I thought I was going to lose my mind...I did a sense because now I'm often ruminating about how I was started on this med and worrying about how in God's name to get off it!  

But you are doing SO SO well!! And you keep moving forward, reaching out TO others for thought and prayers, and reaching out FOR others offering the same.  You are indeed most special!!!  Hang in there...we all need each other, and that includes you!!!  Hope your weekend will be a good one!!  

Blessings, hugs, and prayers!!

Becky

-Nardil 1976 < year, stopped. React to AD's. Klonopin .5BID 1990, 2.5mg til 2016

-Klonopin doubled Jan '16. Taper to 2.25mg May to Nov '16. Bad react to Lexapro, stop. React to Prevacid too, taper off. 

-November '16 Tapered .25mg Klonopin in hospital. Jan '17 started Viibryd, 20mg from Feb to June '17,     

-20mg to 10mg Viibryd from 3/25 to 6/10 2017, 12/15 10% Viibryd taper...back up next day

-Clonazepam 2mg to 1.85mg 4/14 '17 to end November; taper to 1mg Clonazepam in hospital 9/1 tp 9/14 '17

-4/27 '18 Viibryd 9.5mg, 6/11 9.0 mg, 1/27 '19 Viibryd 8.75mg, ; Clonazepam .2mg 530pm and .7mg 1130pm, Premarin .3mg 830PM CARAFATE QID 2/27/19 to 3/5/19

-July 6'19 1/2 10mg Claritin 230pm, stopped it about July 18, started Oct 11 '19, 

-7/27 Viibryd 8.5, 8/29 8.25, 10/24 8.0, 12/19 7.75, Feb '20 7.50, 3/20 7.25, 5/20 7.0, 6/20 6.75, 7/20 6.5, 8/20 6.25, 10/2 20 6.0, 11/25'20 5.75, 1/9/21 5.5, 2/23 5.25

-1015 AM Viibryd, vit D 4,000IU 130, 415 Clonazepam .2mg, 815 Premarin .3mg, 1015 Clonaz .7mg,

1115 3t fish oil+D 1145 Castor Oil 650mg(4) 1230 Carafate 1/2GM,Methylated B Vit  1/week,Reacted Mag prn

11 hours ago, SkyBlue said:

Hi PB,

Thanks very much. It will ease soon. I've almost made it through the day.

I think what's going to help this weekend is some purposeful distraction. By that, I mean that I'm actively trying to get involved in something for the purpose of distracting myself (which is different from "not facing things"--because this is a biological, chemical emotion, not anything that Needs to Be Solved By Figuring Things Out). 

One thing in this respect is that the Super Bowl is being held in my state. I'm not into sports but it is kind of cute to see people so excited. I'm purposefully staying out of the city as I want no part in it!!! Lol But there is a lot of coverage, people/friends talking about it etc. Could be a good means of distraction.

Sounds good ,thats exactly the thing to do ,I totally agree ,I've got to do the same and stop researching and just distract ,take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

Awwww. Thanks so much, wonderful people. Wow. <<<3 Your kind words mean so much!!!! <<<3

• Moderator Emeritus

@Rosetta, thanks for stopping by.

No, I didn't see Dr. Breggin (I wish!!) -- the "second opinion" doctor I saw had Breggin's books on his bookshelves. 

I have a supply for now, and my current doctor was quite kind and understanding about calling in a refill. I'm working on a few just-in-case options (including getting a month's supply of tablets from Urgent Care or somewhere) and visiting a new ob-gyn/integrative medicine dr. All of these are sort of complicated so I hope not to need them. Again, thanks for stopping by! 

• Moderator Emeritus

I AM EXCITED TO SHARE THAT I AM NOW ON 0.5 MG OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! !

Hooray! ! ! !

(This decrease  was about a week ago, and I do not believe is related to the current "wave," which is hormone-related.)

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks again for the wonderful help, everyone. <3

Thanks, <<<<Brass>>>>, for the hugs, and right back at you!

SamanthaElizabeth, thanks again for stopping by. My situation is a combination of cold turkey 2.5 years ago, which I halted, and have taken the entire time since to do an actual taper of approximately 10% (or less) per month. If I had done the actual taper the entire time, it would have been very livable. So, no, I haven't been able to live my "normal life" since cold-turkeying, but that's because of the cold turkey, not the taper. Mine is a story illustrating the importance of tapering as slowly as possible. 

Hi Rabe, I hope you are doing okay. Thank you, I definitely will continue to reach out, both to ask for help and hopefully give help also.

PB, Kale Man*, thanks again, and I will definitely continue to distract as needed this weekend. There is some beautiful snow falling now. Mindfulness is helping too: "Hello, 'the-whole-future-will-be-awful.' Thank you for your perspective. You seem like a creation of my withdrawal brain, so I'm going to let you pass on by." 

(*PowerBack and I were discussing fruit-and-veggie smoothies on his thread.)

Hugs to everyone. <3

I'm so relieved to hear that you've been able to get your prescription renewed. That will take a lot of pressure off.  Congratulations on getting to 0.5mgai.  That's a long way from the 20mgai that you started out on.  Well done.  Now with the new prescription you can take your time and do the last little bit nice and slow and you'll be writing a success story in no time.

Brass

SkyBlue I hope that what I am going through is in part due to the  rapid taper in September....wanting my body to right itself yesterday...so up and down.  But what you said makes me think the results of that doctors actions, and others, are going to take more time than I or my kids would like to heal.  Hard for myself and my family...day at time.