SkyBlue

SkyBlue: Paxil taper

direstraits
51 minutes ago, SkyBlue said:

Hi friends,

I feel that now, between years 3 and 4 of the too-fast-"taper", important things are changing. Even though the waves are as frequent and as bad as ever, WDnormal is improving, even if it's hard to say exactly how. I'm still overstimulated or dissociated much of the time and actually quite debilitated, but when I get into a window of feeling... OKAY!!!!!, it feels so incredible. Is that how it will feel when I'm healed? It's too soon to say. I'm not worried about it at the moment. I'm just enjoying this window. ❤️ Hang in there, everyone. They're not kidding when they say, truly, we all heal.

Edited to add: Happy Easter to all who celebrate. 

thanks for your encouraging post,Sky...I need to read stuff like this right now.

enjoy your window and Happy Easter! xx

JackieDecides
21 hours ago, SkyBlue said:

I'm not worried about it at the moment. I'm just enjoying this window. ❤️ Hang in there, everyone. They're not kidding when they say, truly, we all heal.

so glad you are having a window and are starting to see there IS light at the end of it all. 

Happy Easter to you. ❤️

wantrelief
22 hours ago, SkyBlue said:

I feel that now, between years 3 and 4 of the too-fast-"taper", important things are changing. Even though the waves are as frequent and as bad as ever, WDnormal is improving, even if it's hard to say exactly how. I'm still overstimulated or dissociated much of the time and actually quite debilitated, but when I get into a window of feeling... OKAY!!!!!, it feels so incredible. Is that how it will feel when I'm healed? It's too soon to say. I'm not worried about it at the moment. I'm just enjoying this window. ❤️ Hang in there, everyone. They're not kidding when they say, truly, we all heal.

Thank you so much for sharing that your WDnormal is improving and that you have windows where you feel what sounds like indeed what you'll feel like when you healed.  It really helps to hear that even though it took a lot of time, you do notice positive changes are happening....evidence that what we read is true, that healing is happening all behind the scenes even if we don't notice it  - it is SO hard for me to believe that until I read messages like yours. Enjoy the window, SkyBlue....you so deserve it!!

Vonnegutjunky

Hi sky blue, just read your thread. 

Happy to read about your windows, each time I see one of your windows it’s comforting to me. 

Am am I right that thought most of this you’ve been on 100mg of Zoloft? And you were still having waves of suicidal ideation? 

Do you think the Zoloft helped or hindered in anyway? 

Thank you for your posts, they do bring hope to people ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Carmie

Hi Skyblue, 

Sorry to hear about your struggles with the bad waves, but I’m glad you’re in a window now. Enjoy!

I’m so glad withdrawal normal is improving for you too. One of these days we will all be in withdrawal normal without any more waves, and after that even withdrawal normal will turn into normal. No more symptoms at all! Yay! It’s a shame that the process is so slow, but it keeps me going knowing that each day is a day closer to healing. 

Take care, sending hugs🤗

SkyBlue
On 4/19/2019 at 6:27 PM, Vonnegutjunky said:

Hi sky blue, just read your thread. 

Happy to read about your windows, each time I see one of your windows it’s comforting to me. 

Am am I right that thought most of this you’ve been on 100mg of Zoloft? And you were still having waves of suicidal ideation? 

Do you think the Zoloft helped or hindered in anyway? 

Thank you for your posts, they do bring hope to people ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Hi V, thanks so much for coming by and for reading my thread. ❤️ Glad my windows are comforting to you. 

Yes, this entire time, since ~July 2015 I've been on Zoloft. My doctor started me on it to "cross-taper" and as I became more and more suicidal, rageful and non-functioning during the acute Paxil withdrawal, it got increased from 25 to 50 to 100. It did not help the suicidality, and I haven't ever gotten the chance to see what is Paxil wd and what is Zoloft side effects (not to mention being on two SSRIs?!!?!?). Grrrrrrr! 

Thanks again for stopping by. Do take care! ❤️

SkyBlue
On 4/18/2019 at 4:53 PM, direstraits said:

thanks for your encouraging post,Sky...I need to read stuff like this right now.

enjoy your window and Happy Easter! xx

You're very welcome, DS, and thanks to you, too. 

On 4/19/2019 at 1:33 PM, JackieDecides said:

so glad you are having a window and are starting to see there IS light at the end of it all. 

Happy Easter to you. ❤️

Thanks, Jackie. Same to you. 

On 4/19/2019 at 2:35 PM, wantrelief said:

Thank you so much for sharing that your WDnormal is improving and that you have windows where you feel what sounds like indeed what you'll feel like when you healed.  It really helps to hear that even though it took a lot of time, you do notice positive changes are happening....evidence that what we read is true, that healing is happening all behind the scenes even if we don't notice it  - it is SO hard for me to believe that until I read messages like yours. Enjoy the window, SkyBlue....you so deserve it!!

Hi WR, I'm so very glad this has spoken to you. I can really relate to not believing it until I read someone's words that really, really connected to what I was feeling. Thanks so very much for your kind words. 

On 4/20/2019 at 7:05 PM, Carmie said:

Hi Skyblue, 

Sorry to hear about your struggles with the bad waves, but I’m glad you’re in a window now. Enjoy!

I’m so glad withdrawal normal is improving for you too. One of these days we will all be in withdrawal normal without any more waves, and after that even withdrawal normal will turn into normal. 

Carmie, thanks for such positive words. Hugs right back!!!! ❤️

So glad I have you guys on this journey with me. 

Rabe

Hi SkyBlue...I was reading your thread and was so sorry you were hit with such a wave....and then poof it was gone!!!  That is healing dont you think?  I mean it didnt last long...though that does not minimize its effects at all.  I juset think the short term of it means you are healing further and further!!  SO happy to hear you are feeling better!!!  Hope it continues for some time again!!💜

Carmie

Hi Skyblue, 

Just wondering how you’re doing, sending hugs🤗

SkyBlue
On 4/27/2019 at 5:51 PM, Rabe said:

Hi SkyBlue...I was reading your thread and was so sorry you were hit with such a wave....and then poof it was gone!!!  SO happy to hear you are feeling better!!!  Hope it continues for some time again!!💜

On 4/27/2019 at 7:04 PM, Carmie said:

Hi Skyblue, 

Just wondering how you’re doing, sending hugs🤗

Hi, Rabe and Carmie,

Thanks so much for checking in on me. Very kind of you. ❤️

Rabe, that's a great perspective that a wave can come and go and that it's evidence of healing. 

I was deleting pictures, etc from about three years ago and cannot believe the all-encompassing symptoms I was dealing with then. I've really healed a lot. I almost hesitate to say that because I have a long way to go toward being actually functional on a predictable basis, but there has so absolutely been healing. Majorly.

Some okay wd-normal days recently and actually a good day in there. I still go between wanting to Do EVERYthing!! when feeling good, and actually just take it easy so I don't wear myself out. 

It will also be a continued learning experience for me to not blame myself for waves, for not wanting to to on, etc. I do logically know it's not my fault, of course. I will say that I end up feeling pretty foolish after a wave for not being able to see around it and truly not wanting to go on... but we know psych drugs and withdrawal disable the brain; why in the world would that be my fault? I'm making some progress in this--having compassion for myself post-wave and reminding myself that it's my "withdrawal self" feeling that way, not my "real self," and it will continue to be something I'll work on. ❤️

JackieDecides
1 hour ago, SkyBlue said:

I've really healed a lot. I almost hesitate to say that because I have a long way to go toward being actually functional on a predictable basis, but there has so absolutely been healing. Majorly.

such a good insight! ❤️

SkyBlue
22 hours ago, JackieDecides said:

such a good insight! ❤️

Thanks. ❤️

Carmie

How are you doing Skyblue?💚

SkyBlue
On 9/20/2019 at 1:23 AM, Carmie said:

How are you doing Skyblue?💚

Hello, dear Carmie! Thanks so much for stopping by. 

I am hanging in there. : ) Windows and waves! I hope you are doing well. ❤️

brassmonkey

Hi Sky--  haven't heard from you in a while and wanted to make sure everything was alright.

SkyBlue

Thanks so much for checking, in, Brass! It means a lot.

I am doing all right. Down to 0.04mg! ! ! !! Will have to update my signature. 

Doing a few more part-time jobs here and there! It's been, wow-- a real challenge, and I get severe symptoms when I get home and then for a few days, actually-- but I'm feeling just better enough to do that. 

I won't push myself harder than my body can take , but it feels important to at least try.

Saw a cool new video by Baylissa where she reminds us that we all do heal. Surprise! Lol. Yes, she said, even those of us who are very severe and protracted. 

I'm so glad you checked in, Brass. 

So much solidarity and hugs to everyone reading this! ! ! !! ! 

Gridley

I am doing all right. Down to 0.04mg!

Take good care of yourself, SkyBlue.  Great to hear from you!

Cocopuffz17
On 4/30/2019 at 10:21 AM, SkyBlue said:

I was deleting pictures, etc from about three years ago and cannot believe the all-encompassing symptoms I was dealing with then. I've really healed a lot. I almost hesitate to say that because I have a long way to go toward being actually functional on a predictable basis, but there has so absolutely been healing. Majorly.

That is amazing! Great to hear! I am almost 8 months off paxil and this resonates so much with me! The little function I had has greatly improved and gets better month by month. I am experiencing great feelings I didn't even know were possible in life! You will get there!!!! 

3 hours ago, SkyBlue said:

Thanks so much for checking, in, Brass! It means a lot.

I am doing all right. Down to 0.04mg! ! ! !! Will have to update my signature. 

You are almost there, when do you plan on going to 0?

Frogie

I’m so happy for you!

You are almost done with the Paxil taper! And did wonderful.

I jumped off Lexapro at .05 mg and did fine. Six months off. I’m now tapering off Xanax, yuck! 

I just wanted to say I’m so happy for you💜

Take care,

Frogie xx

SkyBlue

Hi everyone and thanks for your kind words on my thread. 

I'm sorry not to be able to respond right now. Hope everyone is well.

Cocopuffz17

Hi everyone and thanks for your kind words on my thread. 

I'm sorry not to be able to respond right now. Hope everyone is well.

Not a problem. I am doing well. I hope you are as well. 

direstraits
On 10/3/2019 at 8:56 AM, SkyBlue said:

Saw a cool new video by Baylissa where she reminds us that we all do heal. Surprise! Lol. Yes, she said, even those of us who are very severe and protracted

Thanks for this encouraging reminder.🙂

it's always good to know this will end at some point.

hope you feel better soon.❤️