SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Scientists Confirm Antidepressants Worsen Mental Health Issues

Skyler

• Moderator Emeritus

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Thanks for posting this skyler.

Still, the BMJ paper states that:

It is widely believed that the risk of suicide is not increased in adults, and support for this was provided by a Food and Drug Administration meta-analysis of about 100 000 patients.

However, that statistical analysis comes from FDA records. Personally, I have to question its authenticity since we know how much “the FDA is in bed with Big Pharma” to hawk Pharma’s products.

I wonder who did the BMJ paper......pharma puppets?

Of course the 'however ' will be dismissed and ignored.

We believe our study shows that, despite using clinical study reports, the true risk for serious harms is still uncertain. The low incidence of these rare events and the poor design and reporting of the trials makes it difficult to get accurate effect estimates.

GlaxoSmithKline issued a letter to doctors advising them of the increased harm to young adults and for adults of all ages with depression, the frequency of suicidal behavior was higher in patients taking paroxetine [Aropax®, Brisdelle®, Deroxat®, Paraxyl®, Paroxat®, Paxetin®, Paxtine®, Paxil®, Pexeva® Sereupin® and Seroxat®] when compared with placebo.

Therefore we [the BMJ paper authors] suggest minimal use of antidepressants in children, adolescents, and young adults, as the serious harms seem to be greater, and as their effect seems to be below what is clinically relevant.           

[bUT WHAT ABOUT ADULTS ?? cyanide is just as dangerous for adults as it is for children and adolescents...and its the same for ssris].

............................../...............................

Just look how GSK is trying to confuse the issue by pointing to the patient and not the drug.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the careful read NZ... it seems like good news is often not so much.  Sigh

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

I hope the BMJ are following this

http://www.baumhedlundlaw.com/prescription-drugs/paxil-injuries/generic-paxil-suicide-judge-rules-widows-case-can-move-forward-against-gsk/

GlaxoSmithKline ($GSK) will have to go to court to fight claims that a generic version of its Paxil antidepressant triggered an Illinois man's suicide. U.S. District Judge James Zagel declined to rule on the drugmaker's motions for summary judgment, setting the case up for trial in September.

The trial would be GSK's first over suicide claims in an adult. The drugmaker has faced previous lawsuits over suicidal thoughts in teens using Paxil (paroxetine hydrochloride), with many claims raising questions about a controversial trial, dubbed Study 329. A warning about suicide risks in children and young people was added to Paxil's label in 2004.

The plaintiff in the Illinois case, Wendy Dolin, accuses GSK of failing to warn doctors and the public about Paxil's side effects, and, by extension, Paxil generics. Her late husband, Stewart Dolin, killed himself while taking a generic version of the drug.

According to The American Lawyer, GSK's motions for summary judgment argued that it shouldn't be liable for any side effects caused by a generic drug and that it shouldn't be guilty of failing to warn about suicide risks in adults older than 24, because the FDA has never required the company to add such a warning to Paxil's official label. Zagel put off deciding on those issues until after the September trial begins.

[i find this disgusting so GSK are arguing that because the FDA didnt ask for suicidal warnings then they didnt have to provide it for goodness  sake!! what a load of bovine excrement !]

A new BMJ analysis published last fall, which dug into original data in GSK's controversial "Study 329," found that "a very high rate" of children and teens in the trial became suicidal. Of the 275 kids and adolescents participating, 11 in the Paxil arm developed suicidal or self-harming behavior compared with 1 in the placebo arm.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy