☼ Light

Light

38 minutes ago, Light said:

If you want help finding a mind body therapist let me know. If you decide to try the techniques and post about it here please tag me. Good luck! 

Thank you Mike . I am very much on board with all this . Again , I am so glad you're seeing more and more improvements . I've read all the posts (this site and other sites) where you've helped others .. I think you're a first class guy .. Thanks ..

December 2014 - Lexapro 20 mg

August 2016 Med free (6 week taper)

December 22 2021  added Abilify 5mg / Ativan .5mg / Depakote ER 1000mg

Discontinued Abilify 5mg on 12-30-21---accidental dose on 1-13-22 (looks like Ativan)

Ativan PRN/Discontinued 1-14-22

Only drug is Depakote ER 1000mg ( looking to taper slow and safe for once )

3/24/22 Depakote 625mg 

Propranolol 20-40mg  PRN

• Administrator

All very good points, Mike. The mind is a wonderful thing. "Fearful attention" can indeed keep symptoms heightened, which makes you more fearful, on and on. If you break the cycle, you can at least subtract this habit of mind from your symptom pattern.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi @Light. Thanks so much for sharing all this. I began some somatic based therapy last year and found it useful. That was before the horrors of WD started. I just downloaded the curable app too and it looks really promising. Thanks again for sharing and wish you ongoing healing xxxx

1990 -2015 Paxil 20 mg

2015-2017 November 40mg Paxil

Nov 2017 Started tapering by 20 mg each week

Rushed final tapering October 2018- 30th Dec 2018went from 15 mg to 10 mg to zero

February 12th 2019 re instated 20 mg on dr advice once only (collapsed,)

April 13th and 14th re-instated 5mg then stopped due to illness

Early march 2019 Started iron tabs every second day ((equivalent you elemental iron 65.7mg)

On 5/17/2019 at 2:48 PM, Alice1 said:

Thank you Mike . I am very much on board with all this . Again , I am so glad you're seeing more and more improvements . I've read all the posts (this site and other sites) where you've helped others .. I think you're a first class guy .. Thanks ..

Thanks for your kind words and support. Let me know how it goes with the mind body stuff. 

On 5/17/2019 at 10:46 PM, MikeysMum said:

Hi @Light. Thanks so much for sharing all this. I began some somatic based therapy last year and found it useful. That was before the horrors of WD started. I just downloaded the curable app too and it looks really promising. Thanks again for sharing and wish you ongoing healing xxxx

I hope Curable is helpful! Make sure you check out some of the patient stories. From the Like Mind, Like Body podcast the stories from Aaron, Susan, and Alicia are good as well as many others. Also, I have to put in one more plug for mantra meditation. It's quite powerful and goes a long way in quieting the nervous system. 

On 5/17/2019 at 10:38 PM, Altostrata said:

All very good points, Mike. The mind is a wonderful thing. "Fearful attention" can indeed keep symptoms heightened, which makes you more fearful, on and on. If you break the cycle, you can at least subtract this habit of mind from your symptom pattern.

Happy to share my journey, Alto. Thanks for all you do. 

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator

Hello, Light, how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Hi, Alto-

Thanks for asking. I am continuing to heal. Meditation and expressive writing continue to a big part of my healing. I've made progress with sleep but there is still a ways to go. Over the last year I've been running consistently and have done several races including a half marathon last month.  Having this interest and focus has really helped my overall well being. I'll be doing Transcendental Meditation training in the next month or so and look forward to that. Onward and upward! 

• Administrator

Terrific! I'd give you two suns but one is going to have to be enough. Please continue to check in, we're all interested in your recovery.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 5:33 PM, Altostrata said:

Terrific! I'd give you two suns but one is going to have to be enough. Please continue to check in, we're all interested in your recovery.

Will do, Alto. Thanks for checking in. I'll update with new developments down the line. 

• Administrator

Hi, Light. When you can,  Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This will add context to your Introductions topic.

• 9 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.