Sign in to follow this  
GrannyJoJo

GrannyJoJo: Lamictal withdrawal - profound fatgue

GrannyJoJo

I weaned myself slowly from Lamictal about 3 months ago. Since that time I have experienced ever- increasing & debilitating fatigue. I have malabsorption problems & iron-decifiency anemia. My ferritin was low again so I had 2 iron infusions in November. Usually, I perk right up, but not this time. The fatigue has been so overwhelming that I thought it must be something else. My labs are pretty normal except for a low white cell count. I really believe my physical decline must the Lamictal withdrawal. I had no idea it would last this long.

Has anyone had this sxperience? How long did it take for some return to normalcy?

Petunia

Welcome GrannyJoJo,

I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing increasing fatigue. We need a few more details before we might have some idea about what's going on.

How long were you taking Lamictal, what dose and how did you taper? Have you taken any other medications and are you taking anything now?

You may have tapered too fast, we suggest reducing by no more than 10% of the current dose every 4 weeks, this reduces the risk of withdrawal symptoms arising. Please read through this which will explain why:   Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

It would be great if you would put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature. Doing this helps people understand your context, it appears below each of your posts. Here are instructions for how to do it:

http://survivinganti...your-signature/

When we have a few more details, we will be in a better position to offer support and suggestions.

Petunia.

Dianaberg

Did you ever get over the fatigue? 

Gridley

Dianaberg,

I have moved your previous post to the Introductions and Updates forum.