SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

wheresmymind: pristiq/prozac + zyprexa? :/

wheresmymind

hi, james here

i will try keep this as short as possible. wow this feels like it just happened yesterday.. 2 years ago i fully recovered and was myself again but then something happened. and turned me into a monster.

what happened was i was offered methampethamine(ice) by a guy before meeting up with "friends" to go to a party later on. stupidly i accepted and smoked it and the rest i wont write here..it's enough to make a person go crazy and suicide.. so later that night my "friends" picked me up from home to go to the party.. i became this arrogant trouble making guy with my muscles flexed walking around.. anyway fast foward a few hours we are back at my house. i roll up a joint to smoke and then that feeling hit me. everything was set up. they set up the guy to give me the methamphetamine. and i could hear their thoughts laughing at me, making me feel so small, every cough, every movement they did was in sync with what was on my mind at the time. they also became assholes, sorry this part was a bit long. after this happened i had been stuck in this state. all my confidence had left me more each day. my focus was messed up. everything i did it was "filtered" i had to think before doing it and then when im doing it i'd question myself about why am i questioning myself like this. i think this is called psychosis or whatever. its a nightmare, i just cant come up with the words to put together this story properly. anyway i cut those guys off for good. now I'm on my way to recovery..

i started luvox mid year in 2015 after failing to heal myself without any meds. i was on luvox for about 4 or 5 months 300mg..didnt feel any difference, still stuck.

after researching for another med i decided to get prozac from my doc. was on that for 3 to 4 months. 60mg. was not getting results as i expected. 

i go back to the doctor and told him i wanted to try prozac and olanzapine combo, he refused and told me i should try pristiq instead, i declined it.

about a month later i asked for pristiq. doctor tapered me off prozac till clean for 3 days. then i started pristiq. 

1 week after pristiq use, im still not getting the results im hoping to get. im so frustrated at this point. so after having a talk to someone online he mentioned to me i might have psychosis.

so i did a little research and went to the doctors the next day and asked for the olanzapine again, he told me about the side effects etc i said i didnt care at this point.

i said i wanted to take it in combination of the olanzapine and prozac but he said i can take it with the pristiq that im currently on.

so now im on about day 5 of taking the olanzapine and pristiq together and its worked better than taking any of the meds i was taking by itself. still waiting for the bad thoughts to fade its working slowly.

he has me on 5mg olanzapine and 50mg pristiq. but i cant find anyone on this combination and i was hoping to see if anyone here knows if this combination is ok or should i take the prozac instead of pristiq? 

since it was designed to go together? 

im so sorry for this wall of texts, im just typing from my mind right now so please bare with the mistakes.  thanks:)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi James , welcome to the site.

These are the interactions from www.drugs.com's interaction checker:

Interactions between your selected drugs

Major

fluoxetine desvenlafaxine

Applies to: Prozac (fluoxetine), Pristiq (desvenlafaxine)

Using FLUoxetine together with desvenlafaxine can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.

Moderate

fluoxetine olanzapine

Applies to: Prozac (fluoxetine), Zyprexa (olanzapine)

Using FLUoxetine together with OLANZapine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating.

Moderate

olanzapine desvenlafaxine

Applies to: Zyprexa (olanzapine), Pristiq (desvenlafaxine)

Using OLANZapine together with desvenlafaxine may increase side effects such as dizziness,

drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating.

Ideally , none of them should be taken together,

Please could you fill in your signature with your drug history. Instructions are here

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Could you include the episodes you had treatment in the past , before you were healed 2 years ago.

Best wishes , Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Administrator

Welcome, James.

This is a site for going off psychiatric drugs. You seem to be going in the opposite direction. If you want to discuss advantages of various drug cocktails, you might try depressionforums.org or PatientsLikeMe.com or even bluelight.org

Aggression is a common side effect of methamphetamine and paranoia is a common side effect of marijuana use. You have had adverse reactions to recreational drugs and now you are seeking a solution in psychiatric drugs. Eventually, you may have problems with those too -- your doctor tried to warn you of side effects of Zyprexa, which you should heed, because Zyprexa is a dangerous drug.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi James, I'm currently on pristiq + olanzapine + seroquel, please heed your doctor's and Alto's advice and stay away from antipsychotic's. I'm suffering from memory and cognative issues, fatige, anhedonia and weight gain as a direct result of these drugs. Then there's the nightmare of trying to taper off them, If I had known what I was getting into I never would have started taking them.

MEDS HISTORY

2004 hospitalized for acute alcohol induced psychosis and started on my psych drug merry-go-round.2004-2006 SSRI > SNRI Merry-go-round finally settled on Effexor. Also was started on Risperdal in 2004 but switched to seroquell after I had a bad reaction to it.2008. Was switched from Effexor to pristiq, Also managed to successfully Quit Seroquel Cold Turkey.Asenapine- 5mg- August 2014 ~ May 2015. Was put on for Social Anxiety, was great at first then started developing disabling side effects, did a rapid taper and so started my withdrawal nightmare...

MEDS CURRENT

Pristiq-100mg ~ Currently holding

Olanzapine- 3.75mg May 2015 ~ Currently tapering by -.06mg per week (Jan 2016, 3.5mg  ~Feb 2016 intractable insomnia updose to 3.75mg)

Quetiapine- 50mg June 2015  ~Dec 25 2015 Quit cold turkey. ~(Feb 6 2016 hit with intractable insomnia - reinstated 50mg.)

August 2016 : Became destabilised after messing around with cutting doses, trying THC oil etc eventually stabilised,

Held doses for 5 years.

January 2022: Hit poop out, struggling to get more than 3 hours sleep, been one week straight of pure hell, praying to hold on.