Sides: Wanting to Quit Abilify

sides

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi sides,

Welcome to SA.  You've come to the right place for tapering.  There is plenty of information and the members are very supportive.

The mods will move this post and set is up as your Intro Topic.  Once that has been done, you can click Follow This Topic (top right) and you will get an email when someone responds.  You can then use your Topic to ask questions and journal your progress.

Please follow these instructions How to Put Drug History in Your Signature.  Ensure you include all drugs you are taking, doses and dates and how you have reduced or gone off any of them.  Having as much information as possible will enable the mods to give you suggestions.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Tips for Tapering Abilify

CC

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently tapering off Abilify.  So far my only withdrawal symptom is a headache-not sure that is related.  And I have a cold, so maybe my immune system is awry. 

From my reading here, a slow taper is best.  It's hard to be patient, though, since I am on so many drugs.

Kecanoe2/9/16
Nortriptylene
Started 2009 at 50, went up to 75
7/15/16 reduced nortriptylene from 75 to 50
2010 60 mg bus-par
2014 300 mg welbutrin-tapering now
2015 5 mg abilify-off as of 4/2016
2014 10 mg cyclobenzaprine<p>
PRN: Xanax .25, Zyprexa 10, Ambien 5, Nuvigil

Tried along the way : Cymbalta, Prozac, zyprexa, protriptylene, amitriptylene, Fetzima, Lamictal, lexapro, trazadone,