LucyLou

LucyLou: Switching to Prozac to taper from there

LucyLou

Well still doing ok. Don’t notice any effects yet.👍🏻

LucyLou

Today went well too

LucyLou

Today dizzy and internal jitters if that makes any sense. And really tired. Right now wish I would’ve waited to drop. Beginning of the school year and so much to do 😳

LucyLou

Haven’t had any noticeable symptoms since last check in.

Carmie
On 9/28/2018 at 12:05 PM, LucyLou said:

Well still doing ok. Don’t notice any effects yet.👍🏻

On 9/29/2018 at 10:48 AM, LucyLou said:

Today went well too

On 9/30/2018 at 6:45 AM, LucyLou said:

Today dizzy and internal jitters if that makes any sense. And really tired. Right now wish I would’ve waited to drop. Beginning of the school year and so much to do 😳

21 hours ago, LucyLou said:

Haven’t had any noticeable symptoms since last check in.

Hi Lucylou, 

It’s nice to see that you’re having lots of good days. 

Sending hugs🤗

LucyLou
On 10/5/2018 at 3:30 AM, Carmie said:

Hi Lucylou, 

It’s nice to see that you’re having lots of good days. 

Sending hugs🤗

Thanks Carmie

LucyLou

So my frustration tolerance is super low and I’ve been getting very angry. Been getting overly overwhelmed by life. My teaching assignment is much more difficult this year and I have to get up an hour earlier so even though I try get to bed early not getting enough sleep or exercise. I don’t think this is the whole reason for my emotional troubles though, and my husband, who is a pretty good gauge thinks it’s at least partially due to meds. It’s crept up on me just like last fall when I dropped.

So... i’m updosing from 5 to 5.1ml tonight. Crazy that it is the exact day (11/9) I updosed a bit last year. Kind of disappointing but I have to be able to function and still am slowly going down on the medicine.

I think I am going to need to start diluting the liquid to keep measuring accurate as future drops get smaller.

LucyLou

I’d love any suggestions for how to best dilute my 5mg/5ml liquid escitolopram to make it manageable for doses measured to .xx (example: 5.05 mg equivalent dose).

I’d like to measure no smaller than 0.2 in the liquid. Below that I’m afraid of inaccuracies....

ChessieCat

Are you currently dissolving a 5mg tablet in 5mL of water?  If yes, then 1mL = 1mg dose.

If you dissolve 5mg tablet in 50mL water then 1mL = 0.1mg dose

If you dissolve 5mg tablet in 500mL water then 1mL = 0.01mg dose

Lexapro and Cipralex liquid is measured in drops.  1 drop equalling 1mg dose.  If this is what you are using then you would add 5 drops in lieu of a 5mg tablet and you can use the same measurements as shown above.

I hope that helps.

LucyLou

I had total meltdown tonight w/ husband. 😢. I was overwhelmed, crying, scratched my arm up (I’ve done this before — not new — it happens when I’ve felt my Brain chemicals were off, like before tapering if I forgot a dose or sometimes just happened b4 tapering; has gotten better w/ tapering overall, but has happened after some drops and sometimes that’s when I’ve updosed.)

i took 5 ml rather than 5.1 tonight b/c maybe updose made me worse, more agitated? IDK. I am going to get period in 2 days probably and alway have agitated pms. 

Read ads on here today that I should try get last bit of med out of syringe and whoops I had been doing that. That may have been messing up dose. I think I started doing that sometimes when the top that goes b med bottle for syringe wasn’t fitting in bottle anymore (size change?) so I was feeling insecure about dose. Won’t do that anymore and maybe that will help.

Chessie Cat thanks for reply. I don’t make liquid, I have script for liquid form, but it is 5ml=5 mg and I want to change ratio so liquid has less medicine for easier measuring.

ChessieCat
1 hour ago, LucyLou said:

I have script for liquid form, but it is 5ml=5 mg

I had written out instructions for this before but deleted it.  But I've definitely got my head around it.  Please double check my calculations.

a) If you add 5mL (5mg) drug liquid to 45mL of water it will be a total of 50mL solution.

So 5mg dose = 50mL solution.

Divide both sides by 50   -->   0.1mg dose = 1mL solution     OR     1mL = 0.1mg dose

OR

b) If you add 5mL (5mg) drug liquid to 495mL of water it will be a total of 500mL solution.

So 5mg dose = 500mL solution.

Divide both sides by 500   -->   0.01mg dose = 1mL solution     OR     1mL = 0.01mg dose

TO CALCULATE YOUR DOSE:

a)   1mL = 0.1mg

Multiply both sides by 10 to get whole numbers

10mL = 1mg

To get a 5mg dose you would multiply 1 x 5 on the right.  So do the same on the left.

10mL x 5 = 1mg x 5

50mL = 5mg

OR

b)  1mL = 0.01mg

Multiply both sides by 100 to get whole numbers

100mL = 1mg

To get a 4mg dose you would multiply 1 x 4 on the right.  So do the same on the left.

100mL x 4 = 1mg x 4

400mL = 4mg

And example using b) to get 4.85mg dose:

100mL x 4.85 = 1mg x 4.85

485mL = 4.85mg

You would then 500mL - 485mL = 15mL

Measure out and dispose of 15mL

I need to work out what you can do once you get to 4mg.  My brain has gone a bit numb.  I'll post it once I've figured it out.

Edited by ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Okay, managed it.  You could keep making your solution using 5mg dose if you wanted to or reduce it like these.  Doing this will keep the solution to the same concentration.

c) If you add 4mL (4mg) drug liquid to 36mL of water it will be a total of 40mL solution.

So 4mg dose = 40mL solution.

Divide both sides by 40   -->   0.1mg dose = 1mL solution     OR     1mL = 0.1mg dose

OR

d) If you add 4mL (4mg) drug liquid to 396mL of water it will be a total of 400mL solution.

So 4mg dose = 400mL solution.

Divide both sides by 400   -->   0.01mg dose = 1mL solution     OR     1mL = 0.01mg dose

Once you get to 3mg you would add 3mL to 27mL to make 30mL   OR   3mL to 297mL to make 300mL 

Calculating the dose is the same as the previous post because the solution is the same concentration.

LucyLou

Looking for advice.

today i’m a total wreck. Not functioning. Went on as long drive to isolate myself from my family, still felt really angry at husband and despair and shame at myself, felt like I’ve ruined son’s life b/c our fight upset him. Also disproportionate worry about something about my son.

I took 5 ml of escitalopram last night. After reading about neuro-emotions on this site today realized that I’ve been experiencing neuro-anger in past weeks. Everything that might be frustrating is over the top maddening to me and triggers thoughts like “no matter what I do I just can’t get ahead (or stay on top of things)”

should I updose to 5.1? Did that Fri and don’t want to bounce around dose but maybe that was a good idea...

i’ll take suggestions...I don’t really care about having to move backwards and have a bit higher dose. Just want to be ok over the winter and can accept that I may be making cuts only once or twice a year in spring then summer.

LucyLou

Wanted to add that I was prescribed amoxicillin for sinus infection Oct 18. Just read that some people get bad reaction to antibiotics. I think this corresponds with the onset of neuro-anger. Seems to have started up a week after that.. last week Oct on I have been over-angry...

ChessieCat

Yes, the antibiotic might be the cause.

My response to the previous post.  The answer isn't always to increase the dose.

I think it would be much better to be trying out non drug techniques to see what might help:

Non-drug techniques to cope

dealing-with-emotional-spirals

Dr Claire Weekes suffered from anxiety and learned and taught ways of coping.  There are videos available on YouTube.

Claire Weekes' Method of Recovering from a Sensitized Nervous System

Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) for anxiety, depression

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes)

Resources:  Centre for Clinical Interventions (PDF modules that you can work through, eg:  Depression, Distress Intolerance, Health Anxiety, Low Self-Esteem, Panic Attacks, Perfectionism, Procrastination, Social Anxiety, Worrying)

Video:  EMDR - Balloon