1 year mark / 2 year mark. How do you feel?

canboy

1 year mark / 2 year mark. How do you feel?

From 2010 -2012. on klonopin and

risperdal

2012-2014. on effexxor and abilify.

tapered abilify gradually and now on

effexxor. I have tapered effexor from 75mg to 55 mg over 4months

. I haven't experienced anything major except slight aggression. When I am out on the road ,I get a feeling to hit someone, anyone.

Age 23

This is not an appropriate post for this forum. Ask in individual threads for this information if you need it, please. This is for discussion of symptoms of withdrawal syndrome.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

CW, I think canboy is asking what symptoms people are experiencing at the one-year-off and two-year-off points, if I understood the question correctly. If so, I think this would be the most suitable forum, since the description on the home page for this forum includes "-Ask about symptoms, share questions and information." Anyway, I can't think what other threads would be more suitable unless you have some suggestions.

canboy, if I'm on the right track about what you're asking, I think replies would be like comparing apples and oranges. Or more accurately, fruit salad. Because some people taper in very tiny increments over periods that can take years, others dropped by 10% but from different doses, many people are dealing with a history of multiple withdrawals that sensitized their systems, and there also are the unpredictable variables of different genetics. Any replies you get would be anecdotal pertaining to that person's history and taper schedule, etc., and would not necessarily be another person's experience at all.

It might get you more helpful results to ask if there are others whose med histories and tapers are similar to yours in certain specifics and ask how they're doing, but still bear in mind that individual body chemistries are different, and also that it's rare to find someone whose med history and also taper schedule matches another. Without knowing more about what concerns you, I'm not sure what exactly to suggest for a thread that might get you information that's helpful to you. I assure you, there's no specific pattern or timeline of symptoms or recovery. But feel free to ask about symptoms that concern you and others might have suggestions on how they're dealing with them.

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

TommyG-- comments like that are unacceptable on this site, which is why I have hidden it.  Please watch yourself in future posts.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy