Franklander: A Dance with Escitalopram

Franklander

It's been more days than I've planned. I've been on a trip with mom to help her chill-out from the work exhaustion. I'm obliged to thank you for your kind word AliG. My symptoms haven't changed that much, I think I'm stabilized somehow, besides the hearing issues.

I'm terribly sorry for my ignorance Alto, but I quite don't get your idea: Should I switch to a 5mg Capsule? I'm on 0.9 atm. I think I'll needed it a little more detailed.

A Doctor prescribed me with Lexapro and Ritalin during 2013
Stopped Cold-Turkey during the run of 2014 and I did leave harmless.
Reinstated in cycles during 2015 (around 10- 20mg), stopped for a couple of monhts until 2016 (Reinstated in cycles around 7.5mg) and interrupted once again.

At least I don't miss Ritalin.

03/17/2016 Reinstatement of Lexapro under: 1 mg

Feeling somewhat stable, mild physical symptoms and psychological, mostly related to memory, brain fog and an annoying tinnitus.

05/16/2016 Started Microtapering: went to 0.9.5 and going for 0.9 in a week.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Franklander

• Fresh

• ChessieCat

• AliG

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Hang on Frank, please don't change anything - I'll try and find out what Alto was thinking.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Alright, I'll be waiting for any news!

Reinstated in cycles during 2015 (around 10- 20mg), stopped for a couple of monhts until 2016 (Reinstated in cycles around 7.5mg) and interrupted once again.

Feeling somewhat stable, mild physical symptoms and psychological, mostly related to memory, brain fog and an annoying tinnitus.

• Administrator

I'm sorry, I misread this as 9.5mg. Please disregard my formula for 9.5mg.

I should have posted here before, but I guess one of the withdrawal/reaction symptoms has become some kind of inability on sitting down and write anything long than two lines.

What happened in during these days is basically that I started tapering my last dosage, I started it by a micro-taper of 5% to take notes on my CNS reaction meanwhile, it has been full 4 days along with today.
By all means, I'm on 0.9.5 

How are you feeling now? How are you taking your dose?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I was doing the same way as you last recommended it. 0.5mg one hour and 0.4 the next one.

Based on the symptoms I'm having this moment, I'm afraid that I might have screwed my tapering and my dosage. I'm awaiting to see if its what I suspect it is.

Yeah, just as I expected. I did miscalculate the liquid dosage and ended up mixing 5ml with a 10mg pill, based on the symptoms I've had and I'm having right now. When I took this dosage, I've had the first surge of thoughts I haven't had ever since forever - admitelly anxiety stroke, and I've had terrible heart palpitations and lack of air.

The burning skin, the altered state of mind and the sexual dysfunction came now that I've readjusted the dosage to what should've been. I don't know about Imsomnia yet. Tinnitus had no change, nor the hyperacusis.

I'll post it tomorrow if anything changes.

Though Imsomnia wasn't a thing, skin burning, changes in my perception, forgetfulness, confusion and a slight fatigue are prevalent. Not as bad as CT, but so. Maybe I have to updose? I was thinking of going straight for a 5mg pill instead.

I can't afford being unemployed anymore. My mom is not being able to pay all of the house's bills and she's single, besides having to sustain my brother as well.
Yesterday I've had another botched interview thanks to my anxiety level skyhigh.

It was a good run, but I can't afford tapering anymore, I'll have to head back to my meds.

• Moderator Emeritus

Franklander, it must feel good to have made a decision.  We each have to decide what works best for us.  I hope you'll consider finding your minimum effective dose -- the level that relieves your symptoms and causes the least "side" effects -- even if it's not a standard capsule/tablet.

The good news about your experience to date is that you now have some experience with tapering the Lexapro.  If and when you feel ready to taper the Lex again, you can try smaller amounts and longer holds than you did this time. Learning is never wasted.

I hope your reinstatement is the answer and that you do well on your next interviews.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• 5 weeks later...

It's been a month since my last month, no changes in a positive way have been perceived by me. I've reinstated to the pill on 2.5mg.
Tinnitus still here, improved from what it was thanks to the change on the intake form. I'm still avoiding my memories, as if I could do it deliberately, no improvements in my memories, 
I can't acquire new memories and I can't remember most stuff from my past as well. Brain fog is rampant. Weird nightmares as well.

The only change I've noticed is that my vision started to suffer, it's starting to get blurry and fuzzy now and reading is becoming a bit difficult, I'm becoming sensitive to lightning, including my pc screen.
Depersonalization and Derealization happens at least 4 times a day.

Don't know where to shoot now, I'm going after Ritalin so that I can function well enough to find a job.

• Moderator Emeritus

Franklander, when did you become sensitive to light including computer screens? Is the sensitivity stronger at some points during the day or is is the same throughout the day?

1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Frank .

Don't know where to shoot now, I'm going after Ritalin so that I can function well enough to find a job.

I thought you were off the Ritalin. This sounds like you want to taper off it , next . Is your drug history signature up to date ? It would be great if you could update and then we can get the whole picture, so as to help fully.

In the meantime, please keep notes on your RI.  It will help to establish a pattern over the next few weeks.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014