DCnemsie

DCnemsie

I'm so glad I found this support group.

I'm weaning off of 825mg of Lamictal. My doctor isn't sympathetic to my anxiety of having withdrawals. He wants me to be 100% off in 3 months. I read another site that suggested 10% cuts with 4 week holds. This is what I'm doing.

I felt alright and made another cut too soon. I'm taking 600mg now.  

Should  wait to cut again well after my withdrawal symptoms go away? Which are, migraines, shakes,nausea, muscle aches,tingling, light & sound sensivity, exhaustion. .... When I do cut, it will be 60%? Ooooo,I'm so grateful for the posts I've read.

My doctor did put me on Zoloft for my anxiety, I think it's added to the withdrawals. Is this possible?

I also take clonazepam that the neurologist has decreased from 4mg daily to 2mg. My body feels ok with the reduction. (It took several months) I'm ready to be medication free!

LAMICTAL: Prescribed 7 years ago; 825mg - Decreasing 10% monthly. Currently taking 600mg. Ugly withdrawals! Migraines, nausea, chills, sweats, sound & light sensitive, anxiety, depression, extreme exhaustion, dizzy ZOLOFT: Prescribed 2/22/16 25mg-am ** 25mg tab-pmCLONAZEPAM: Prescribed 18 years ago. Started at 1mg. - Upped to 4mg. (2mg-am & 2mg-pm) With doctors help, I decreased it to 2mg. - no problems.Extremely forgetful! Discouraged! Stressed! I'm determined to do this, SAFELY <p> Hydroclorathiazide 25mg, edema - Potassium 8meq - Estradiol 1mg on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (hysterectomy at age 30) -Levothyroxine 75mcg (right lobe of thyroid removed in 2001, non-cancerous tumor - B1 (sister and I diagnosed with Beri-Beri - B12 - D3 - Magnesium - C - Omega3 krill oil - Biotin, hair thinningApril 4, 2016 - LAMICTAL 625mg * CLONAZEPAM 2mg * ZOLOFT 50mg * Hydroclorathiazide 25mg * Potassium 8meq * Estradiol 1m, M-W-F * Levothyroxine 75mcg * Premarine * Clobetasol * B1 * B12 * D3 * Magnesium * C * Omega3 * Biotin * Symptoms: Tingling, Clenched Jaw, mild headache, slight nausea 4/11/16* 625mg Lamictal *** was taking 600mg & increased to 625mg *** 2mg Clonazepam (not tapering) * Zoloft- started 25mg on 2/22/16, increased two weeks later to 50mg. I stopped tapering the Lamictal when it was suggested that I taper the Zoloft first. I started my first taper at 45mg. I thought the itching,tingling,nausea,anxiety,jaw clenching,sound sensivity, muscles jumping & spasms were a reaction TO TAKING the Zoloft. I dropped to 1 & 1/2 tab today. I'm tired of thinking:(
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DCnemsie

• Fresh

• SquirrellyGirl

• ChessieCat

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi DCnemsie,

Welcome to SA.  I'm pleased that you have found this group too.  There is lots of information on this site, and the members are very supportive and the volunteer staff are very knowledgeable.  You've found the right place.

You can use your Intro/Update topic to ask questions and to journal your progress.

Would you please complete your drug history so that the staff have the details of ALL drugs you have taken/are taking?  Please include dates, drugs, doses and how you decreased/increased.  Having this detailed information will enable the staff to offer suggestions based on your individual situation.

Please put your Withdrawal History in Signature

Introduction to AD Withdrawal Syndrome

This site recommends a 10% taper of the previous dose with a 4-6 week hold to stabilise and allow the brain time to adapt to not getting as much of the drug.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

Tips for tapering off Lamictal (lamotrigine)

(I am not sure if you are currently taking Zoloft) Tips for tapering off Zoloft (sertraline)

This helped me to understand how the brain has to adapt back as we reduce our drug/s:

Brain Remodelling

Video: Healing from Antidepressants: Patterns of Recovery

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hi DC.     Welcome.  

If you made a cut too soon , it would be a good idea to HOLD for a good while .  Wait until your symptoms well & truly settle down and then do a slow taper off, using the 10% taper method.   Your system has been through a lot , and needs a rest , to allow your brain/ body  to catch up with the many changes it has been through , lately.

Re :  Zoloft . You might be sensitized to it and /or having a reaction . How long have you been on it & at what dose ? ( please put this in your Signature)

When we have your drug history signature , we will be able to offer more specialized advice.  In the meantime ,  read those links CC provided and come back with any questions you might have .

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi DC,

Luckily you are now able to get some good information and make better decisions, you can start to take what your doctor says with a grain of salt. 

Listening to signals from your body about when to reduce and when to hold will help you a lot.  You can hold for as long as you like, allowing for things to settle, and then giving yourself a bit extra time to be really stable before the next reduction.  It will be a much smoother ride. 

Welcome to s/a

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

• Moderator Emeritus

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad I found this group. I'm decreasing from 800 mg. I know,why the ridiculously high dose? Well, I trusted my neurologist. Oh well, now I'm decreasing. My first decrease was 50mg, I held for a month. Another 50mg and held for a month and so forth. At 600mg & I hit a brick wall! The nausea started first, then shaking, cold then sweats, sight & sound sensivity, migraines, jittery, cranky, stayed in bed for several days, I would get up to shower, put on clean PJs and go back to bed. I wouldn't go anywhere, any type of activity was over stimulating, the worst of it lasted 3 weeks. I talked to my doctor, he wanted me to go back up 50mg, I told him I wanted to wait it out if I could then drop another 10%. I stayed at 600mg for 6 weeks. Tonight I dropped to 550mg I'm using 200mg & 25mg pills

It sounds like I need to get some 100mg and 50mg pills to make my decreases easier? If I hit another wall, I think I can wait it out. Maybe. I hate the thought of going back up. Will the withdrawals became more intense? I'm not sure what to do. I think this is going to take FOREVER! Do you know of anybody else taking a dose.like this? Should I change to liquid when I reached 50mg? ♡

LAMICTAL: Prescribed 7 years ago; 825mg - Decreasing 10% monthly. Currently taking 600mg. Ugly withdrawals! Migraines, nausea, chills, sweats, sound & light sensitive, anxiety, depression, extreme exhaustion, dizzy ZOLOFT: Prescribed 2/22/16 25mg-am ** 25mg tab-pmCLONAZEPAM: Prescribed 18 years ago. Started at 1mg. - Upped to 4mg. (2mg-am & 2mg-pm) With doctors help, I decreased it to 2mg. - no problems.Extremely forgetful! Discouraged! Stressed! I'm determined to do this, SAFELY <p> Hydroclorathiazide 25mg, edema - Potassium 8meq - Estradiol 1mg on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (hysterectomy at age 30) -Levothyroxine 75mcg (right lobe of thyroid removed in 2001, non-cancerous tumor - B1 (sister and I diagnosed with Beri-Beri - B12 - D3 - Magnesium - C - Omega3 krill oil - Biotin, hair thinningApril 4, 2016 - LAMICTAL 625mg * CLONAZEPAM 2mg * ZOLOFT 50mg * Hydroclorathiazide 25mg * Potassium 8meq * Estradiol 1m, M-W-F * Levothyroxine 75mcg * Premarine * Clobetasol * B1 * B12 * D3 * Magnesium * C * Omega3 * Biotin * Symptoms: Tingling, Clenched Jaw, mild headache, slight nausea 4/11/16* 625mg Lamictal *** was taking 600mg & increased to 625mg *** 2mg Clonazepam (not tapering) * Zoloft- started 25mg on 2/22/16, increased two weeks later to 50mg. I stopped tapering the Lamictal when it was suggested that I taper the Zoloft first. I started my first taper at 45mg. I thought the itching,tingling,nausea,anxiety,jaw clenching,sound sensivity, muscles jumping & spasms were a reaction TO TAKING the Zoloft. I dropped to 1 & 1/2 tab today. I'm tired of thinking:(
  • Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the site.

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature.

Instructions are here

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

If you click FOLLOW at the top right , you'll receive an email each time someone posts.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Tapering Lamictal 10% decreases - HELP!

If you are in trouble, go back to the last dose where you stabilized, hold, then change the taper to 5%

2002: "Situational depression" 2002-2010:Prozac.Birth Control.2011 Short trials: Paxil, Celexa, Lexipro, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Ativan- Gee, Doc never mentioned protracted AD wd syndrome. Imagine that. 2011-2015. Lamictal. Seroquel. Remiron. 2012: "Complex post traumatic stress disorder." Fast taper of Remiron jumped off June 2013. Slow tapers ever since of Seroquel & Lamictal.  crippling muscle spasms. crying fits. panic attacks. akathisia. nerve twitches. the jitters. the heebie jeebies. de-personal/realization. numbness. tingling. fatigue. lethargy. nightmares.insomnia. weird images. eye pain.vertigo. dizziness. brain zaps. and on and on and on. withdrawal? side effects? which drug? impossible to know. Stopped Seroquel October 2015.  Stopped Lamictal  March 2016. Had more severe muscle/joint spasms that paralyzed me for 3 days at a time, last episode was March 2017.Going back to work as of February 2018 after 14 years off full-time work due to the crippling effects of psych meds. Check out Robert Whittaker "Anatomy of an Epidemic" for  his breakdown of the rates of mental disability  since the introduction of Prozac into the human population. Best solutions for me: Social support via AA meetings. Acupuncture. Meditation. Dance. Nature. Yoga. Social support online with psych med survivor community. Nutrition. Exercise. More outdoor time. Go sit in the sunshine for 5 minutes. Touch a tree. Breathe deeply.

• Administrator

Welcome, DC.

I moved your latest posts here, to your Intro topic. Please put your questions about your particular situation in this topic.

Bookmark or follow this topic (click on the big gray button in the upper right of the topic) so you can keep up with the responses to your questions.

Are you referring to the 50mg reduction you made on March 28?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey DC - I can't tell for sure (please fill in your signature, it helps you, it helps me, it helps everyone) - 

but it looks like you are tapering too much too fast.

It is important (see my own signature) to HOLD - especially if the symptoms of withdrawal start barking up your tree.

At the sign of the first symptom, I hold an extra month.  This gives your nervous system time to stabilize.

Please, look at the links folks have provided.  I'm tempted to add another - one which describes that these drugs aren't like aspirin, and there is no prize for getting your taper finished by a certain date, or goal.  You need to listen to your body, listen to your symptoms, to pace yourself.

Going too fast - you risk going into full blown withdrawal, and if you have read around SA - you know that can be really horrible.  Please play it safe; slow down, hold.  

If you need to go down in smaller increments, make a liquid of one of the pills.  So if you are on a 100 mg, and your pills come in 50 mg - take one as a pill, and use the other 50 mg to make a liquid so that you can taper down gently and slowly.

So - sorry, but here are 2 more relevant links:

How to Make a Liquid from Tablets or Capsule

and

Rhi's description of healing the brain

and Rhi is so good - here's her Rhis's Start Small Listen to Body Taper Plan

Hopefully we've given you enough tools to understand better what is happening to you, and help you chart your course through these difficult waters.

I hope you see the sun today.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

I was taking 825mg of Lamictal, prescribed by a former neurologist, who couldn't stop my seizures They weren't seizures but "episodes" caused by a heart defect. It wasn't diagnosed until 18 years after my first episode. My neurologists at Stanford University (a team of 4) explained how passing out can sometimes look like a seizure. I've been on Lamictal for 7 years. I've moved and have a new doctor. Because of the high dose, he wants me off of the Lamictal, NOW! He won't refill my prescription and referred me to a neurologist (whom I do not like). He thought I was on 400mg and told me it was fine to stay on it, I'd be fine. When I told him it was 800mg, he thinks I can discontinue in three months. SIGH! I've read several sites (love this one) and knew his plan wasn't possible! I made an appointment with our insurances Behavioral Department. We've lived in this area before, so I know the doctor and feel comfortable with him. He's never heard of such a high dose either. He is working with me, Thank God! He told me I could decrease faster than I thought I could. Nope! At 600mg I went to see him, I was having ugly withdrawals: Nausea started first, migraines, depression, anxiety, extreme exhaustion, shaking, cold then sweating, light and sound sensitive. These have gradually decreased over 6 weeks. I'm "due" another 10% decrease and my body & brain isn't ready. I'm frustrated. The same neurologist who put me on such a high dose of Lamictal also prescribed 4mg of clonazepam. Working with the Stanford doctors, I'm taking 2mg daily. I feel comfortable with that dose. I started taking 25mg of Zoloft in the am & 1/2 a tab-pm. because of my anxiety caused by discontinuing the Lamictal. I'm not sure if I like it, BUT I'm afraid of additional withdrawals. I have a very understanding family. I watched my Mom go through Paxil withdrawals, I DON'T WANT THAT!!!! I've also observed my Mom & Sister's "experiences" when they miss doses of their Zoloft. With all of my other medication, I fell like a Pez Dispenser! SIGH! A scared and frustrated Pez.

Edited by KarenB
merged intro's
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi DC , two ideas from me.

1. find a different new doctor who will work with you , not rush you

2. do smaller cuts than 10% , many members find that smaller decreases are less disruptive and they

recover quicker

see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2364-the-slowness-of-slow-tapers/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2878-micro-taper-instead-of-10-or-5-decreases/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4954-rhis-start-small-listen-to-your-body-taper-plan/

bw , Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Not a good week! I started at 825mg of Lamictal - I'm holding at 600mg, but want to drop again - I haven't made a drop in 6 weeks. I know it's not rational, but I feel guilty. I started taking Zoloft 6 weeks ago, I wonder if it's making me feel worse. I don't want to get addicted & have another medication to wean off of. I'll continue taking 25mg in the morning, but I've stop taking the 1/2 tab at night. Probably dumb! I'm still shaking & tingling, nausea isn't as bad, but no appetite, exhausted, lots of dreams, thank GOD, they're not dark, just bizarre, light & sound sensivity, Other than a few family members & a Thursday crochet group I started at church (I feel obligated to attend), I have no interest in being around anyone, this isn't my personality, I'm usually bubbly. Today my hands were shaking so bad that the woman sitting next to me held them until they stopped. She knows what I'm going through. My husband teaches a Bible class (I only attend on occasion) I type for him and manage our church website. It's quite at home & I don't have to interact with anyone & I work at my own pace. I feel emotionally & physically drained. I THINK I'VE PUT THIS IN THE WRONG PLACE. RIGHT NOW THE INSTRUCTIONS DON'T MAKE SENSE. I'M SORRY

• Moderator Emeritus

You've got it in the right place DCnemsie; from now on just keep replying to this thread.  And thanks very much for writing a signature too.  Sorry it's been a hard week for you. 

Listening to your body is more important than the 10% per month rule.  So if you are still not properly stabilised then don't make any further reductions yet.  You don't want to make things worse by rushing.  Everybody feels that urge to rush their taper, but it's counter-intuitive.  You've got to go slow and gentle in order to take good care of your brain and Central Nervous System.  You might want to re-read Jan-Carol's post a few post's back.

It's possible that instead of just stopping the 1/2 tab at night, you needed to balance out the overall amount, which would work out at 18.75mg in the evening and same again in the morning. 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Altostrata, yes - The last 50mg I dropped.

OK, my muscles have started to "pop", "small jumps", primary on my left side; face, thigh, arm, buttocks - My left side is weak because of my mini-strokes. Is this a normal withdrawal symptom? I had a panic attack while driving today because the popping was so frequent. Today I split my 25mg Zoloft, I took 1/2 am - I'll take the other 1/2 pm. Should I split my 600mg Lamictal? 300mg am & 300mg pm? Right now, I'm with my 11-year old granddaughter - We're very close! I didn't ask her to spend the weekend with me. I want to go home and go to bed! Tomorrow is my oldest son's 40th birthday, I usually cook his favorite meal & dessert - I haven't said anything - I don't know how I'll feel. AND 4 months ago, my best friend bought tickets for her, my husband & I to attend a Lakers game - This morning I talked to her & told her I can't go. I'm so thankful that she understands. I've taken so many different drugs since "98" I can't remember all of them. Because of my misdiagnosis, nothing stopped my episodes. The ones I can remember - Depakot, Wellbrutin(sp),Topomax, there's more. I'm tired!

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm confused DC.

30 March: " I started taking 25mg of Zoloft in the am & 1/2 a tab-pm"

2 April: "Today I split my 25mg Zoloft, I took 1/2 am - I'll take the other 1/2 pm. "

Have you just decreased your zoloft by 1/3 ?

The muscle sensations and panic attack are probably withdrawal symptoms.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

and 1 April:  "I'll continue taking 25mg in the morning, but I've stop taking the 1/2 tab at night."

Hi DC,

You are not doing yourself any favours by dropping your doses so quickly.

I'll stop worrying about the Zoloft & take it the way my doctor prescribed. 25mg in the morning and 25mg at night, a total of 50mg. I'll stay on 600mg of Lamictal. When my body and brain have relaxed, I'll make a 5% drop. Right now, I'm taking 400mg in the morning and 200mg at night. Should I change to 300mg of Lamictal in the morning and 300mg at night? I'm taking 2mg of clonazepam at night. I also take 25mg of hydroclorathiazide for edema - 1mg Estradiol on Monday, Wednesday & Friday, I had a hysterectomy at age 30 - 75mcg levothyroxine, I had a non-cancerous tumor and had the right lobe of my thyroid removed - 8meq potassium - 81mg aspirin - Premarin Cream twice a week - Cloberasol Propionate Topical solution as needed *** 100mg B-1 (Sister & I have Beri-Beri) - 1000mcg B-12 - 1000iu D-3 - cranberry - 750mg Omega 3 krill oil - 1000mcg C - 5000 mcg Biotin, hair is thinning - 400mg magnesium

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi DC,

Your signature states:  Zoloft 25 mg am ** 1/2 tab -pm.  You have just posted that you are going to take Zoloft as prescribed 50 mg (25 am 25 pm).

Have you ever taken Zoloft total amount 50 mg?  Is so when was the last time you took that dose?

When did you take your last dose of 25 mg am 1/2 tab pm (12.5 mg?)

It might be that taking a total of 50 mg might be took much.

• Administrator

DC, here is FDA information about lamotrigine http://www.drugs.com/pro/lamotrigine.html

Dosing http://www.drugs.com/dosage/lamotrigine.html

You were stable on 800mg lamotrigine for 7 years, is that correct? This paper http://www.seizure-journal.com/article/S1059-1311%2807%2900245-2/pdfdoes show some patients on 800mg lamotrigine per day and higher.

It sounds like Zoloft was added to treat withdrawal symptoms from lamotrigine. This is not a good reason to prescribe Zoloft. Besides, it could be causing side effects of its own or might be conflicting with your other drugs.

Please put ALL the drugs you take in the Drug Interactions Checker http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html
and copy and paste the results in this topic.

If I were you, I would not make any changes in the lamotrigine for the time being.

What is your daily symptom pattern? Please keep notes on paper of when you take your drugs, the dosages, and symptoms throughout the day.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Yes, 7 years on 800mg of Lamictal.  The  neurologist I was seeing at the time, started at 400mg and increased to 800mg because my symptoms continued.  

I was misdiagnosed, I actually had a heart defect which mimicked seizure like episodes. I wasn't diagnosed correctly until 2014.

After my first episode  In 1998 I started taking 1 mg of Clonazepam  I stayed at that dose until 7 years ago - It was increased to 4mg by the same neurologist who prescribed 800mg of Lamictal. He wanted to add more medication and I told him I wouldn't take it.

I started working with a team of neurologists at Stanford University. With their help, I decreased my Clonazepam to 2mg. I feel comfortable on that dose.  They also checked my Lamictal level, which had never been done before, and it's within a normal range for me.

I've moved back home, where my husband and I were raised. I HAD a new doctor, who wanted me off of the Lamictal, he gave me 3 months to wean off. He wouldn't refill my prescription and sent me to a neurologist, who thought I was taking 400mg and said it wouldn't hurt me, to continue taking it if I wanted. When I told him the dose in my chart was wrong, he also wanted to wean me off rapidly. I told him I wouldn't decrease that rapidly, he wouldn't "compromise".

After reading this site and others, I knew that this approach was incorrect, so I made an appointment with the Behavioral Health Department associated with our insurance. I've worked with the same doctor before and feel comfortable with him.

Because of my fear over the rapid decreases "recommended" by the two previous doctors.  He thinks I can decrease faster too, but agreed to 10% decreases.

Because of my anxiety over decreasing the Lamictal, he prescribed: Zoloft, 25 mg for 1 week, then increase to 50mg daily ****

I thought I started taking the Zoloft 4 months ago, I looked at my bottle and it was prescribed 2/22.

I followed the instructions for 2 weeks *** Then decreased to 25mg in the morning and 1/2 tab at night. I thought it might be causing some of my symptoms.

I saw my doctor last week, He said, "You told me you had to go slow - I'm sorry" - then told me I could increase my Lamictal 50mg. -  I only added 25mg. I did this today, so I'm taking a total of 625mg. of Lamictal (How many doctors say, "I'm sorry"?

​625mg Lamictal  -  I increased today

50mg Zoloft *** I'm following the instructions on the bottle. Yesterday I took 25 in the morning & 25 at night. ​(I woke at 5am shaking & feeling anxious)

​2mg Clonazepam *** (Comfortable dose)

I'll send my Behavioral Health doctor message in regards to the Zoloft. I've never taken it before.  I thought it would be ok, my Mom and Sister take it, both 50mg.

AND :) I've changed my primary care physician, I think it's a good match.

I'll start keeping a journal

​I looked at the drug chart: There are some issues

I've read many of the links - I'll continue to do so.

I hope I haven't made a huge mess of my system by changing my medications without talking to my doctor.

Thank you for the help & being patient

I feel SO much better this morning! I woke up at 7:30am and didn't feel exhausted. I feel like doing some things around the house, maybe some crocheting too. :) Increasing the Lamictal by 25mg really helped. I was reluctant to increase, but I'm so glad I did. After reading many of the links, I think decreasing 5% and holding longer is the best approach for me. Thank you for all of the advice. Reading about the way my brain is reacting was extremely beneficial, I can explain my withdrawal symptoms to family. Today I feel clear headed enough to read more and hopefully understand

• Administrator

Please put ALL the drugs you take in the Drug Interactions Checker http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html
and copy and paste the results in this topic.

If your blood levels of lamotrigine had been checked and found to be normal, please do not worry about the lamotrigine. Good to hear a little more seems to have stabilized you.

If I were you, I'd think about going off the Zoloft first, after you stabilize from the lamotrigine change.

All in all, it sounds like perhaps you are taking 3 psychiatric drugs unnecessarily.

I put all of my meds into the Drug Checker. I definitely need to talk to my doc. Thank you for helping me. ♡

Would you be so kind so as to  copy and paste the results in your captivatingly absorbing thread..?

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

In regards to the Zoloft, since I've taking it such a short time - 2-22-16, Do I need to taper by 10% - Or can I go faster?

MODERATE *clonazepam hydrochlorothiazide

Applies to: clonazepam, HydroDIURIL (hydrochlorothiazide)

Hydrochlorothiazide and clonazePAM may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor. (My BP does drop, also have edema - Doctor decreased my dosage of hydrochlorothiazide from 25mg to 1/2 tab - will discuss this with my doctor)

MODERATE * levothyroxine conjugated estrogens

Applies to: levothyroxine, Premarin Vaginal (conjugated estrogens topical)

Before taking conjugated estrogens topical, tell your doctor if you also use levothyroxine. You may need dose adjustments or special testsicon1.png in order to safely take both medications together. If you are already taking conjugated estrogens topical and levothyroxine, your thyroid levels may need to be measured if your dose of conjugated estrogens topical is changed or stopped. You should notify your doctor if you have symptoms of low thyroid such as tiredness, feeling cold, constipation, unexplained weight gain, depression, joint or muscle pain, thinning hair or hair loss, dry skin, hoarseness, and abnormal menstrual periods. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using your medications without first talking to your doctor first. (My thyroid level is low, I had the right lobe removed in 2001, I had a noncancerous tumor *** vaginal dryness when I try to discontinue my estrogen *** Will discuss this with my doctor)

MODERATE * sertraline lamotrigine

Applies to: Zoloft (sertraline), Lamictal (lamotrigine)

Using sertraline together with lamoTRIgine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor. (Going to wean off of sertraline)

MODERATE * estradiol lamotrigine

Applies to: estradiol, Lamictal (lamotrigine)

Talk to your doctor before using lamoTRIgine together with estradiol. Combining these medications may reduce the blood levels and effects of lamoTRIgine. You may need a dose adjustment if you have been taking lamoTRIgine and are starting treatment with estradiol. Similarly, if estradiol is discontinued, your dosage of lamoTRIgine may need to be readjusted. Contact your doctor if your condition changes or you experience loss of seizure control during treatment with these medications. When estradiol is stopped or interrupted briefly, be alert to potentially increased side effects of lamoTRIgine such as dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, blurred vision, incoordination, tremor, restlessness, irritability, depression, anxiety, and mood or behavior changes. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor. (Will discontinue taking Estradiol)

MODERAGE *clonazepam lamotrigine

Applies to: clonazepam, Lamictal (lamotrigine)

Using clonazePAM together with lamoTRIgine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor first. (Will wean off of lamotrigine after Zoloft)

MODERATE * magnesium sulfate cholecalciferol

Applies to: magnesium sulfate, Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)

Ask your doctor before using cholecalciferol together with magnesium sulfate. If you are undergoing chronic kidney dialysis treated with cholecalciferol you should avoid magnesium sulfate. Using these medications together can cause high magnesium levels, particularly in chronic kidney dialysis. This can cause nausea, vomiting, flushing, low blood pressure, a slow heartbeat, drowsiness, coma, and death. High magnesium levels may also play a role in the development of bone disease in dialysis patients. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor. (Will discuss magnesium with doctor, Kidney Failure runs in my family)

MODERATE * hydrochlorothiazide cholecalciferol

Applies to: HydroDIURIL (hydrochlorothiazide), Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)

Using hydrochlorothiazide together with cholecalciferol can cause your blood calcium levels to become too high. Contact your doctor if you experience symptoms such as dizziness, drowsiness, weakness, lethargy, headache, nausea, vomiting, or seizures. You may need a dose adjustment or special test if you use both medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor. (OH MY GOSH! - I was just diagnosed with a high calcium level - Doctor is checking my parathyroid glands for a tumor)

MODERATE * magnesium sulfate sertraline

Applies to: magnesium sulfate, Zoloft (sertraline)

Sertraline can cause an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious and potentially life-threatening, although it is a relatively rare side effect. The risk is increased if you have low blood levels of magnesium or potassium, which can occur with bowel cleansing preparations or excessive use of medications that have a laxative effect. Do not exceed the dose and duration of use of magnesium sulfate recommended on the product label or prescribed by your doctor. You should seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, shortness of breath, or heart palpitations during treatment with these medications. In addition, you should let your doctor know if you experience signs and symptoms of low magnesium or potassium blood level such as weakness, tiredness, drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, tingling, numbness, muscle pain, cramps, nausea, or vomiting. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor

MODERATE * hydrochlorothiazide sertraline

Applies to: HydroDIURIL (hydrochlorothiazide), Zoloft (sertraline)

Treatment with sertraline may occasionally cause blood sodium levels to get too low, a condition known as hyponatremia, and using it with hydrochlorothiazide can increase that risk. You should seek medical attention if you experience nausea, vomiting, headache, lethargy, irritability, difficulty concentrating, memory impairment, confusion, muscle spasm, weakness or unsteadiness, as these may be symptoms of hyponatremia. More severe cases may lead to hallucination, fainting, seizure, coma, and even death. Sertraline can also affect your blood pressure and heart rate. You may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring of your blood pressure and pulse to safely use both medications. You should avoid rising abruptly from a sitting or lying position while taking these medications, especially at the beginning of treatment or after an increase in dose. Call your doctor if you experience dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, or a rapid heart beat. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor. (Will start weaning my Zoloft immediately)

MODERATE * clonazepam sertraline

Applies to: clonazepam, Zoloft (sertraline)

Using clonazePAM together with sertraline may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

MODERATE * aspirin sertraline

Applies to: Aspir 81 (aspirin), Zoloft (sertraline)

Using sertraline together with aspirin may increase the risk of bleeding. The interaction may be more likely if you are elderly or have kidney or liver disease. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. You should seek immediate medical attention if you experience any unusual bleeding or bruising, or have other signs and symptoms of bleeding such as dizziness; lightheadedness; red or black, tarry stools; coughing up or vomiting fresh or dried blood that looks like coffee grounds; severe headache; and weakness. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor. (Again, WOW)

MODERATE * levothyroxine estradiol

Applies to: levothyroxine, estradiol

Before taking estradiol, tell your doctor if you also use levothyroxine. You may need dose adjustments or special tests in order to safely take both medications together. If you are already taking estradiol and levothyroxine, your thyroid levels may need to be measured if your dose of estradiol is changed or stopped. You should notify your doctor if you have symptoms of low thyroid such as tiredness, feeling cold, constipation, unexplained weight gain, depression, joint or muscle pain, thinning hair or hair loss, dry skin, hoarseness, and abnormal menstrual periods. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using your medications without first talking to your doctor first.

MODERATE * aspirin omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid

Applies to: Aspir 81 (aspirin), Omega-3 (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)

Talk to your doctor before using omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids together with aspirin. Fish oil and other products containing omega-3 fatty acids may rarely increase the risk of bleeding when combined with other medications that can also cause bleeding such as aspirin. You should seek immediate medical attention if you experience any unusual bleeding or bruising, or have other signs and symptoms of bleeding such as dizziness; lightheadedness; red or black, tarry stools; coughing up or vomiting fresh or dried blood that looks like coffee grounds; severe headache; and weakness. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

MODERAGE * hydrochlorothiazide magnesium sulfate

Applies to: HydroDIURIL (hydrochlorothiazide), magnesium sulfate

Talk to your doctor before using hydrochlorothiazide together with any kind of medication that has a laxative effect. Combining these medications, especially over a prolonged period, may increase the risk of dehydration and electrolyte abnormalities. In severe cases, dehydration and electrolyte abnormalities can lead to irregular heart rhythm, seizures, and kidney problems. Contact your doctor if you experience potential signs and symptoms of fluid and electrolyte depletion such as dizziness, lightheadedness, dry mouth, thirst, fatigue, weakness, muscle cramps, decreased urination, palpitation, and increased heart rate. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

MODERATE * lamotrigine conjugated estrogens

Applies to: Lamictal (lamotrigine), Premarin Vaginal (conjugated estrogens topical)

Talk to your doctor before using lamoTRIgine together with conjugated estrogens topical. Combining these medications may reduce the blood levels and effects of lamoTRIgine. You may need a dose adjustment if you have been taking lamoTRIgine and are starting treatment with conjugated estrogens topical. Similarly, if conjugated estrogens topical is discontinued, your dosage of lamoTRIgine may need to be readjusted. Contact your doctor if your condition changes or you experience loss of seizure control during treatment with these medications. When conjugated estrogens topical is stopped or interrupted briefly, be alert to potentially increased side effects of lamoTRIgine such as dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, blurred vision, incoordination, tremor, restlessness, irritability, depression, anxiety, and mood or behavior changes. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

MINOR * potassium chloride cyanocobalamin

Applies to: Klor-Con 8 (potassium chloride), Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)

I'm deficient in B1 - B12 - Potassium, Thyroid & D3 * I take Magnesium for my heart * Hydrochlorothiazide for edema *** WOW! I have some work to do! The Zoloft has to GO! I don't see my doctor for a couple of weeks

I'm decreasing my 50 mg of Zoloft by 10%. **** I came up with 2.25ml & I know that's wrong. **** Can someone please help me? **** I watched a link on how to turn tabs into liquid, I'm pretty sure I understand how to do this. **** I'm mentally ready **** Once I get the proper conversion dose **** I'm good to go **** Wait 4-6 weeks between each drop? ♡ Approx. how long will this take so I can start decreasing the Lamictal, I know that's going to take many, many months, or longer ♡

• Moderator Emeritus

One at a time DC.

10% of 50mg is 5mg , so your first drop will be to 45mg.

What conversion dose do you need?

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey DC, just checking in.

I'm not very good about liquids - but I do know it helps us (because we're not all scientists) to tell us the dose of drug you are tapering in mg, not in liquid amounts.  This was what Fresh meant by 5mg.

How many mils of liquid that is depends on the strength of the liquid.  While I'm not super smart about liquids, if you tell me this, maybe I (or someone) can help you figure it out.

How much zoloft are you dissolving?  How much liquid are you using to dissolve it?

For example, are you putting 25 mg in 25 ml?  That makes the math easy - then you just throw away 5 ml, and take the 20 ml that is left.

But if you are putting 25 mg in 100 ml, then you will have to throw away  25/100 = .4 mg/ml   5 mg divided by .4mg/ml = 12.5 ml that you throw away before taking the rest.  Clear as mud?

So you see, the answer to the question depends on how you are doing it.  If you have purchased liquid zoloft, it will say the strength on the container.

When you do your first drop, keep a log of your symptoms.  I suspect you have been overstimulated by the Zoloft all along.  Even though you've only been on it a short time - it is long enough for the Zoloft to get its claws into your nervous system, and you need to treat it with respect.  

If you do your first drop, and you feel you have rattled out the withdrawal in 4 weeks, then taper again.  If you have symptoms from this taper - then ask yourself again at 6 weeks:  am I ready yet?

I know, after reading your interactions, that you are frightened and want to get off it as soon as possible - but I can assure you that often the slow way IS the fastest way because you aren't thrown into chaos by symptoms.  Isn't it shocking how easy it is for doctors to prescribe stuff that interacts with other stuff?

If, after a few tapers, you learn your pattern of withdrawal, you may be able to decrease the time in between tapers.  But wait until you are certain you can do it smoothly, and with the least amount of symptoms (harm reduction).  If you do it too fast and throw yourself into symptoms, then you defeat the purpose of the taper.

I hope this helps, and after you've posted the strength of the liquid, perhaps I or someone else can help you plan your taper better.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Thank you so much for the help. I have a syringe, I can get the scale tomorrow. My plan is to start the liquid asap. And take my time weaning off :) ♡ This site is amazing!

• Moderator Emeritus

Are you going to make your own liquid?

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

I take 25mg in the morning & 25mg at night. *** I tried to cut 25mg into quarters tonight, not easy even with a pill cutter. **** I should start making a liquid for that small of a decrease? **** I'm holding the Lamictal until I'm completely off of the Zoloft *****I did divide the 625mg of Lamictal, 300mg in the morning and 325mg at night *** I'm glad I have the medication check site so I know what the adverse reactions will be in the future *** I know cold meds are a huge problem ♡ Again, thank you

• Moderator Emeritus

It's extremely tricky to guess-timate how much to cut off to make 2 doses of 22.5mg.

If you don't want to make liquid , you'll need to buy a jewellers' scale (approx. $30:00 on ebay)

so that you can weigh accurately. You need one that measure to 0.001 grams.

Good to hear you're not making any changes to the lamictal for now.

:)

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

H DC, 

Could you tell us how you were going to make your liquid, what amount of pill in what amount of water?  JanCarol did a lovely job of explaining it.

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679