SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

tootired: Cymbalta fun

tootired

I went down! To 35mg! Little bit more than 10%, but got lazy with the calculator. It's been ages since I did a taper, surely this is fair? :)

I have niggling pains already at the start and end of the day: before I take my morning medications, and at night when I guess medication's at a low level in my system. In the mornings I'm just sore all over. Tonight my hands are a mildly shrieky-burny (official arthritis terminology) and I'm glad it's bedtime soon so I can sleep through it.

Feeling clear and relaxed emotionally.

* Mid-2009: Began Cymbalta @ 60mg. Have tried on a couple of occasions to alternate 60mg/30mg daily in an attempt to reduce it, but gave up due to physical pain and returned to 60mg.

* Mar 1, 2016: Began alternating 60mg/30mg daily. Mostly OK, but a difficult day on Mar 24 (anxiety, situational) that quickly resolved with an extra 30mg dose suggested this approach might be knocking me around a bit.

* Mar 25, 2016: The beginning of a slower approach. Tapering down to 55mg (~10%) by removing one 5mg mini-tablet from my generic (Coperin) capsule, then to 54mg after a couple of weeks when the Coperin ran out which meant going back to branded Cymbalta and bead-counting.

* Apr 9-10, 2016: Return of that insistent stabby right-shoulder pain that sometimes comes on when I try and remove Cymbalta or haven't had enough fish oil. Arthritis pain in other places (fingers in particular) at night also. Eventually resolved and felt quite fine and stable for a full two weeks prior to next taper date.

* Apr 25, 2016: Tapered Cymbalta to 48.6mg. May 25, 2016: Tapered Cymbalta to 43.7mg.

* Jun 8-10, 2016: Arthritis/nerve pain, night sweats, emo & freakin' out. Fairly well settled down again by Jun 22.

* Jun 20: Started short course of Temazepam 20mg/night to help fix whacked-out body clock. Sleeping like a baby, feel more awake in the daytime than I have in years.

* Jul 25, 2016: Cymbalta tapered to 39mg. Temazepam finished.

* Sep 11, 2016: Cymbalta tapered to 35mg.

• Moderator Emeritus

tootired:  Your CNS (central nervous system) will let you know its opinion of the reduction. ;)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Haha don't I know it!! :lol:

* Mid-2009: Began Cymbalta @ 60mg. Have tried on a couple of occasions to alternate 60mg/30mg daily in an attempt to reduce it, but gave up due to physical pain and returned to 60mg.

* Mar 1, 2016: Began alternating 60mg/30mg daily. Mostly OK, but a difficult day on Mar 24 (anxiety, situational) that quickly resolved with an extra 30mg dose suggested this approach might be knocking me around a bit.

* Mar 25, 2016: The beginning of a slower approach. Tapering down to 55mg (~10%) by removing one 5mg mini-tablet from my generic (Coperin) capsule, then to 54mg after a couple of weeks when the Coperin ran out which meant going back to branded Cymbalta and bead-counting.

* Apr 9-10, 2016: Return of that insistent stabby right-shoulder pain that sometimes comes on when I try and remove Cymbalta or haven't had enough fish oil. Arthritis pain in other places (fingers in particular) at night also. Eventually resolved and felt quite fine and stable for a full two weeks prior to next taper date.

* Apr 25, 2016: Tapered Cymbalta to 48.6mg. May 25, 2016: Tapered Cymbalta to 43.7mg.

* Jun 8-10, 2016: Arthritis/nerve pain, night sweats, emo & freakin' out. Fairly well settled down again by Jun 22.

* Jun 20: Started short course of Temazepam 20mg/night to help fix whacked-out body clock. Sleeping like a baby, feel more awake in the daytime than I have in years.

* Jul 25, 2016: Cymbalta tapered to 39mg. Temazepam finished.

* Sep 11, 2016: Cymbalta tapered to 35mg.