Dee55: Last Tapering of effexor, and reinstating

Dee55

Hello everyone,

Im new to this forum but ive been reading in it alot which helped so much. This is my first post.

In the last couple of years i had severe anxiety and depression came out of a blue in one day (which i couldnt understand) started with panic attack and collapse.

Anyways i tried all types of ssri and the one worked finally was effexor. I reached the 300mg dose, after months feeling 80-90% better i decided to discount to 225mg, it was perfecty fine for month or so, then went down to 150 for few months. Then 75mg for 5 or 6 months.

Last week i felt fine i decided to go down to 37.5. I was on that dose for 4 days feeling perfectly fine and bow! While started falling asleep, had terrable panic (dream like) which lasted for an hour ( it was like the first i had that collapsed my world).

I decided to go back to 75mg after 5 days on the 37.5. I couldnt bare it and still cant its like hell!! I cant describe it, some derealization which trying to get my mind off (the most annoying feeling) thats why i decided to go back to 75. (And when i open my eyes upon waking up ita the worst! Just checking the surroundings and feeling dream like state.. Its KILLS me)

Now its the 3rd day on 75mg, i wanted to know will reinstating will vet me back fine as before and HOW long does it take??? Because i have to go to work even with this feeling!!!! Cant focus and cry out of fear at anytime!! When it will go away after going up to the 75?!?

Sorry for the long story but im terrified.. I need your help

Effexor 300mg for 4 or 5 months

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

23-march-2016 (felt horrible, panic, derealization sometimes, feeling wierd and nauseous, cant focus, extreme depression speacially when im about to sleep, cant stay alone for long, feel different than other people)

-Back to 75

On 29-march-2016 (still having waves trying to keep busy but feel like a robot cant function or eat) i wish i get back to where i was on 75mg :( Dr put me back on 150mg effexor. (2/april/2016)

Hi Dee I am sorry you feel like this , I to have been on this med and know to well the powerful feelings that can hit you when you start to withdraw , can I say that you were on a very high dose at 300mg and you have tapered way to fast , the drops you are making are way to fast and to big , this site recommends no more than a 10% reduction every 4 to 6 weeks depending on how your body reacts , you have cut way to fast and now you are feeling the full force of Effexor withdrawel , since you have only been down to 37.5mg for a short while stepping back up to 75mg shouldn't be a problem but may take a few days or weeks to restabilize , I know to well about how you are feeling unfortunately for me , but you need to stabilise and then drop very slowly , if you felt that you were well enough to come of your med that's great , but do it slowly so as not to get the withdrawel symptoms , there is so much help on here as to withdrawing from Effexor , and I'm sure a moderator will come along soon and guide you in the right direction .

2001 to jan 2015 Effexor 150 mg 

jan 2015 15 mg mirtazapine 20 mg quetiapine 

feb 2015 quetiapine stopped 

feb 2015 30 mg of citalopram added 

feb 2015 mirtazapine increased to 30 mg 

july 2015 citalopram stopped 

sept 2015 200mg of pregabalin 

jan 2017 mirtazapine stopped

jan 2017 20 mg fluoxetine

march 2017 all meds stopped 

Dee,

I'm most interesting what means out of the blue...

When I was 18 it was out of the blue but my emotional thinking and even health was far from optimal, to say the least!

I've done lots of unnecessary meds for 22 years and now lots of good therapy, diet and holistic treatment. I was able to cut back large percentages of my meds, thank

God.

Please help me or others help you by giving us some background.

Latest med schedule and withdrawal (05/17/17):

Seroquel On 125mg 10/28/16 (now, 125 mg), (9/2017, 200mg)

Cymbalta On 27mg 10/28/16 (now, 27 mg), (9/2017, 90mg)

Viibryd On 10mg 10/28/16 (now, 10 mg), (9/2017, 20mg)

Klonopin On 2.5 Start 10/28/16 (now 1.5 night, 1 Morning), (9/2017 1.5 night, 1 morning, .5 midday, total 3mg)

Diovan 160mg On 10/28/16 (now 160mg)

Norvasc On 10mg 10/28/16 (now 0), (1/2017 10mg)

Cytomel (T3 for thyroid) on 11/2017 25mcg

Hi Dee I am sorry you feel like this , I to have been on this med and know to well the powerful feelings that can hit you when you start to withdraw , can I say that you were on a very high dose at 300mg and you have tapered way to fast , the drops you are making are way to fast and to big , this site recommends no more than a 10% reduction every 4 to 6 weeks depending on how your body reacts , you have cut way to fast and now you are feeling the full force of Effexor withdrawel , since you have only been down to 37.5mg for a short while stepping back up to 75mg shouldn't be a problem but may take a few days or weeks to restabilize , I know to well about how you are feeling unfortunately for me , but you need to stabilise and then drop very slowly , if you felt that you were well enough to come of your med that's great , but do it slowly so as not to get the withdrawel symptoms , there is so much help on here as to withdrawing from Effexor , and I'm sure a moderator will come along soon and guide you in the right direction .

Terry4949

Thank you for the quick response, i really needed to hear an opinion from someone. Everytime i discount the dose i waited for more than 4-5 weeks to see if there is any symptoms, but fortunately there wasnt any 0 tahnk god. Thats why i went to 150 then 75. Everything was even better than 300mg. But i faced this only after 5 days of going on 37.5

Im now on 3rd day back on 75mg, will i get well as i was last week within these days or will it take time? :(( im really worrid

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

23-march-2016 (felt horrible, panic, derealization sometimes, feeling wierd and nauseous, cant focus, extreme depression speacially when im about to sleep, cant stay alone for long, feel different than other people)

-Back to 75

On 29-march-2016 (still having waves trying to keep busy but feel like a robot cant function or eat) i wish i get back to where i was on 75mg :( Dr put me back on 150mg effexor. (2/april/2016)

Dee,

I'm most interesting what means out of the blue...

When I was 18 it was out of the blue but my emotional thinking and even health was far from optimal, to say the least!

I've done lots of unnecessary meds for 22 years and now lots of good therapy, diet and holistic treatment. I was able to cut back large percentages of my meds, thank

God.

Please help me or others help you by giving us some background.

Hii ccb73,

Thank you for your reply.

It came out of the blue, where i was normal and happy 2 weeks for my last semester of uni, and one day had horribleeee panic attack, and since that didnt get back to normal. Depression, anxiety, fear, crying spells, sleep all day, tried many meds didnt work. I felt better (70%) only after a year or little less maybe.

I just couldn't understand how i can get depression and anxiety in a blink of an eye and last that long, where i was normal before this moment.

Now i tried also therapy, self talk, meditation these helped alot, but this last discount had me a terrable panic and fear! What i can do! God help us all.

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

Hi Dee-- welcome to the group.  I so glad that we have been able to help you through all your reading and it's great to have you finally join in.  I sorry to hear that you've been hit with a bad wave.  As Terry explained the cuts you've been making are way too big and the cumulative affects are catching up.  The updose should help things settle down.  Every time a person makes a change in dose up, down or sideways it takes 4 days for the drug to become steady state in the blood.  During that time symptoms can be all over the place as the new levels work themselves out.  After that it can take several weeks to several months for the body to stabilize and the symptoms settle down.  Don't be alarmed, they will settle down.  We can't give a definite time frame as to when it will happen because each person reacts differently to the changes, but it does happen.  Here are a couple of threads that will help explain what is happening, you've probably already read them, but a review would be a good idea:

What is withdrawal syndrome?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Tips for tapering off Effexor (venlafaxine)

If you would please add a signature block with the details of your drug history, it would really help us to help you.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/    

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

I'm concerned for dee. It seem like you're all missing the point!

Maybe he needs the meds? Don't attack me; I hate pharmaceuticals but we need to have dee understand what happened.

Most psychoanalysts don't believe in sudden panic attacks; they don't just happen our of the blue.

A non threatening environment with love and care can help dee go back to find trauma. Even if it's physical trauma, it can attribute to depressive or anxious feelings abd symptoms.

Too much coffee, sugar, stress (college, friends, relationships, etc...)

It's easy to encourage withdrawal but without an understanding there is no anger against the drugs snd that NEEDS ti be there to overcome withdrawal and mental issues.

Klonopin On 2.5 Start 10/28/16 (now 1.5 night, 1 Morning), (9/2017 1.5 night, 1 morning, .5 midday, total 3mg)

Hi ccb--  There are many underlying reasons for a person being on these drugs, and those are a big concern which need to be addressed by each individual.  It is their decision alone as to whether or not to stay on the drugs and whether or not they are getting any benefit from them.  The current concern, however, is not the underlying reasons.  The manner in which the drugs are being administered have proven time and again to be very detrimental to the person taking them.  Our prime concern is to get the person requesting assistance into a safe, stable condition, to minimize the discomfort they are feeling and bring their situation into a controllable condition.  Then the underlying concerns can be addressed through what ever means the person chooses.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Hi Dee-- welcome to the group. I so glad that we have been able to help you through all your reading and it's great to have you finally join in. I sorry to hear that you've been hit with a bad wave. As Terry explained the cuts you've been making are way too big and the cumulative affects are catching up. The updose should help things settle down. Every time a person makes a change in dose up, down or sideways it takes 4 days for the drug to become steady state in the blood. During that time symptoms can be all over the place as the new levels work themselves out. After that it can take several weeks to several months for the body to stabilize and the symptoms settle down. Don't be alarmed, they will settle down. We can't give a definite time frame as to when it will happen because each person reacts differently to the changes, but it does happen. Here are a couple of threads that will help explain what is happening, you've probably already read them, but a review would be a good idea:

What is withdrawal syndrome?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Tips for tapering off Effexor (venlafaxine)

If you would please add a signature block with the details of your drug history, it would really help us to help you.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Brassmonkey thank you for your reply,

But as i said everytime i went down to lower dose it was very ok, and the pills i take available at 150 and 75 version only, thats why my doc told me to go down that ways, and i make sure i have no symptoms at all before going down to lower dose.

But this time when i went from 75 to 37.5 for 5 days, i had this terrible panic and followed by fear and anxiety (derealization little upon waking up, crazy rasing thoughts when im trying to relax, affraid to go to sleep alone) its a mess, i never been like this since the begging of my illness!! :(( im bery terrafied and trying to hold myself from collapsing, now 3 days back to 75 hoping i get rid pf these symptoms.. Do u think i will be able to get back where i was last week within these days? I cant bear it really im scared of letting myself

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

Hi ccb-- There are many underlying reasons for a person being on these drugs, and those are a big concern which need to be addressed by each individual. It is their decision alone as to whether or not to stay on the drugs and whether or not they are getting any benefit from them. The current concern, however, is not the underlying reasons. The manner in which the drugs are being administered have proven time and again to be very detrimental to the person taking them. Our prime concern is to get the person requesting assistance into a safe, stable condition, to minimize the discomfort they are feeling and bring their situation into a controllable condition. Then the underlying concerns can be addressed through what ever means the person chooses.

I had many problems, bad boyfriend, my father sudden illness, last semester in uni, just messy but i was fine. Panic and depression came suddenly.

I wanted to quit medication since i was feeling better! But with symptoms i cant right now! I prefer getting my self stabilized then trying to taper slowly after i relax.

I really need to be calm and to be told that this will go away after going up again to 75. :((

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

• Moderator Emeritus

hi dee,  i am also reducing effexor and if i drop too fast too quickly i too get the 'out of the blue' depression and anxiety - i think our nervous systems gets really sensitive - like a hair can trigger a loaded gun to go off type sensitivity.  It's hard to say how long it will take to stabilise, everyone is a bit different - for me, when i updose after a collapse it takes me a full 28 days to feel completely back to normal - some people it only takes a few days, for some it takes a few months.  just try to be patient, distract yourself if possible, try to be gentle with yourself. and once you do stabilse stay on the 75mg for at least 3 months and then do the 10% every month reduction.

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

hi dee, i am also reducing effexor and if i drop too fast too quickly i too get the 'out of the blue' depression and anxiety - i think our nervous systems gets really sensitive - like a hair can trigger a loaded gun to go off type sensitivity. It's hard to say how long it will take to stabilise, everyone is a bit different - for me, when i updose after a collapse it takes me a full 28 days to feel completely back to normal - some people it only takes a few days, for some it takes a few months. just try to be patient, distract yourself if possible, try to be gentle with yourself. and once you do stabilse stay on the 75mg for at least 3 months and then do the 10% every month reduction.

Hello peggy,

Glad to hear from someone whos tappering the same medicine, but you stoped for how long before reinstating or how long on the last dose then reinstate?

Maybe u took long to reinstate thats why it took u 28 days?

And one last question, what feeling do you get can you describe the anxiety youre getting while tappering?? Is it racing crazy thoughts? Affraid to stay alone? Or what?

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

Hi Dee--  These drugs can be very unpredictable in the way they affect us.  We can do several large drops and have no problems or we could do one very tiny drop and get hit really hard.  They have a mind of their own and don't care about how we feel about it.  The most important thing to remember is that as uncomfortable as the symptoms are, they can't actually hurt you and being afraid of them only makes them stronger.  Like I said above, it could take several weeks for things to settle down and it's much easier to try and roll with it than to fight it, but it does happen.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Dee,

I am also tapering Effexor.  At first I went too fast, and had horrible withdrawal symptoms.  Then I slowed down, and now I have stabilised fairly well.  Brassmonkey is very knowledgeable about tapering, and he has given you good links and advice. 

So please be reassured that you will stabiise, and then you'll be able to taper with a gentle plan.  Just give it time for the up-dose to do it's work. 

Many people find Fish oil and Magnesium useful during withdrawal, and you will find lots of good ideas here:  Non-Drug Techniques to cope with emotional symptoms (my favourite page on this site).

Would you be able to fill out a signature – drugs/dates/dosages etc - so we can see your situation easily whenever you post, and help you more accurately?  Thanks.

Have a read of those and then you can come back to this thread to discuss things further.  This will be your journal to record your tapering and healing progress, and to ask questions.  You'll be okay - you're in a place of good information and support now.

Welcome to s/a,

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Hi Dee--  These drugs can be very unpredictable in the way they affect us.  We can do several large drops and have no problems or we could do one very tiny drop and get hit really hard.  They have a mind of their own and don't care about how we feel about it.  The most important thing to remember is that as uncomfortable as the symptoms are, they can't actually hurt you and being afraid of them only makes them stronger.  Like I said above, it could take several weeks for things to settle down and it's much easier to try and roll with it than to fight it, but it does happen.

I wont be afrraid of Them if i had no work or boyfirned. Last time my life collapsed even when i was trying very hard, lost my job few months later, no longer bare my boyfriend and couldnt talk or go out with him. Ive been distant from my friends, it took me long time to have it all back, except my boyfrind and job. When i eventually felt well i dont want to take that long now to fix it.. If its stabilizing matter which will take a week or so i cant hold on but i dont wanna lose everything if it lasted longer, are these symptoms will tale long as it first started when i wasnt on effexor or is it few days matter since i reduced the dose only for few days? :( my life is a mess now specially when i go to sleep and first wake up

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

Hello Dee,

I am also tapering Effexor.  At first I went too fast, and had horrible withdrawal symptoms.  Then I slowed down, and now I have stabilised fairly well.  Brassmonkey is very knowledgeable about tapering, and he has given you good links and advice. 

So please be reassured that you will stabiise, and then you'll be able to taper with a gentle plan.  Just give it time for the up-dose to do it's work. 

Many people find Fish oil and Magnesium useful during withdrawal, and you will find lots of good ideas here:  Non-Drug Techniques to cope with emotional symptoms (my favourite page on this site).

Would you be able to fill out a signature – drugs/dates/dosages etc - so we can see your situation easily whenever you post, and help you more accurately?  Thanks.

Have a read of those and then you can come back to this thread to discuss things further.  This will be your journal to record your tapering and healing progress, and to ask questions.  You'll be okay - you're in a place of good information and support now.

Welcome to s/a,

Karen

Hello karen,

Thank you for a positive post. Made me feel better. Did u up-dose effexor before? And how long it takes to stabilize again?

Im affraid that panic attack what made everything worse is it after effects or what i dont know! It juat feels like hell.

Im taking vitamin E and fish oil, also vitamin B. Some soothing herbs for now. I hope i get better soon. I feel my body is stiff i dont w t to move or anything but im trying to go out so i feorget all this while around people.

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

Guys im really affraid it like waves, when i think of sleep time i just feel very anxious and worried. I hate the feeling when i go to bed (since i had my panic while falling asleep) and usualy i wake up many time and fall aslep again, but the feeling i get when i open my eyes before sleeping again is horrible ( depressed and anxious). Cant enjoy a gpod sleep. Do u think what im having is an after effect of panic attack and will fade or not????? I need to be relieved really! Icant enjoy anything just like a zombie.

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

D.   Unfortunately , this sounds like withdrawal symptoms . It is possibly , " cortisol"  jerking you awake .  It's not pleasant , but it is one of those symptoms that will eventually subside ,  given time .

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Dee,

I didn't up-dose (too scared) but I should have, because it took 3 absolutely awful months before I stabilised.  And even now (11 months later) I am still very sensitised to dose changes. 

This is why I always recommend to people that they up-dose to an appropriate amount, and then hold for a good long time to stabilise.  That's where you're at now - the waiting for things to settle.  It's not nice, but it can't cause you any damage. 

How about making a list of things you can do to make bed-time a soothing time? 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

Hello Dee,

I didn't up-dose (too scared) but I should have, because it took 3 absolutely awful months before I stabilised. And even now (11 months later) I am still very sensitised to dose changes.

This is why I always recommend to people that they up-dose to an appropriate amount, and then hold for a good long time to stabilise. That's where you're at now - the waiting for things to settle. It's not nice, but it can't cause you any damage.

How about making a list of things you can do to make bed-time a soothing time?

I tried calmin music during sleep, also meditation, affirmation, but still waking up dueing sleep feels awful eve though i go to sleep after that but the feeling is horrible, makes me wake up in the morning feeling awful and hating sleeping. :( when this will stabilize

Btw usually sleep time was my favorite. :(

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

D. Unfortunately , this sounds like withdrawal symptoms . It is possibly , " cortisol" jerking you awake . It's not pleasant , but it is one of those symptoms that will eventually subside , given time .

Will it take time to subside? Now its my 4th day back on my previous dose. :( have u experienced this?

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

Absolutely .   Try and stay calm .    :)   

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Absolutely . Try and stay calm . :)

How long it takes?? :(

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

Today by mistake i took 2 pills of 75 = 150 will that cause disturbance??????,,

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

Also im taling valuim (nordaz) only when i feel very anxious! Does this cause more anxiety when it affect goes away?? Shall i not take it even when im anxious, because it doesnt help that much but makes my sleep i think more wierd!!

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

Hi Dee-- These drugs can be very unpredictable in the way they affect us. We can do several large drops and have no problems or we could do one very tiny drop and get hit really hard. They have a mind of their own and don't care about how we feel about it. The most important thing to remember is that as uncomfortable as the symptoms are, they can't actually hurt you and being afraid of them only makes them stronger. Like I said above, it could take several weeks for things to settle down and it's much easier to try and roll with it than to fight it, but it does happen.

I would like to hear from you after the couple of update i posted today! Please

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

Hi Dee-- It's going to take more than 4 days for things to stabilize. The mistake with the extra pill might slow things down a bit and cause some extra symptoms but it shouldn't cause any big problems. Yes Valium will make you will make you feel worse when it wears off, that's why we don't recommend it.

Right now it will be best to try and relax and roll with what ever symptoms get thrown at you.  The harder you fight against them the worse they will be.  Take a deep breath and work on getting through minute by minute if necessary.  Get what sleep you can, but don't worry about not sleeping.  Allowing your body the time and space to correct itself is key.

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

Hi Dee-- It's going to take more than 4 days for things to stabilize. The mistake with the extra pill might slow things down a bit and cause some extra symptoms but it shouldn't cause any big problems. Yes Valium will make you will make you feel worse when it wears off, that's why we don't recommend it.

Right now it will be best to try and relax and roll with what ever symptoms get thrown at you. The harder you fight against them the worse they will be. Take a deep breath and work on getting through minute by minute if necessary. Get what sleep you can, but don't worry about not sleeping. Allowing your body the time and space to correct itself is key.

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

Oh dont tell me its getting worse!! :'( today ive been trying to cope as much as i can i have waves of anxiety but trying to ignore with playing with my phone! I will try to go out now!! I dont want to take any valuim again. And tomorrow i have to go to work, when i sleep its worst i wake up crying and extreme aanxious, i have no appetite at all.

((((Big hugggggss))))

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

I couldnt today i went out and tried to hold my self then i was verrereyyy anxious and took half pill of valuim and camed me down also drank some camomile tea!! Will i be like this! :'(

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

Good Afternoon Dee,

All the best from the depths of my heart to you.

Your story is very similar to mine, historically and I'm also withdrawing from many psych meds but I'm doing something important that might help you.

I offer my email to you so you can email directly and if you choose just ask for my phone number.

I promise never to harass but I can be of immense help with your questions and history...

It's your life and your choice. Don't let others on the forum force you. Remember coercion can be with words by forcing one's ideation on another. I'm willing to be a good support and good listener without coercion.

Feel better and peace.

Edited by Petunia
email address removed for privacy

I went to my Dr today he told me to increase the dose to 150mg, because he think i relapsed and i need more time on the medicine, i might not be cured yet. Will it take long to get better??

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

Dee, pharmaceuticals are not good for you. No, you didn't have a relapse since you had no lapse to begin with...

You might need to taper up a little higher than 75 but not because of relapse. It's withdrawal.

I wish you can send me a PM because I was told the same s*** over and over.

Pharmaceuticals are pushing drugs and I even know a new website showing how much money any US doctor fot from pharmaceuticals.

Don't go extremes, please.......................

I had long lasting injury going extremes. You need to heal but do it right for God's sake!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Dee,

I'm really feeling for you going through all this right now.  It's a really hard thing to get through - but you are making your way through it, so take some credit for that.  The stabilisation will happen, so keep holding on.

What the drugs can't do is cure you.  For real healing to happen you need to be building up your own nest of strengthening and supportive tools.  Did you have a look at this?  Non-Drug Techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

If you look, you'll find that you actually have a lot of strength inside you that can get you through this.  For now, take it day by day.  Things will ease again. 

Sending bigger hugs this time,

Karen

8 month hold.

Dee, pharmaceuticals are not good for you. No, you didn't have a relapse since you had no lapse to begin with...

You might need to taper up a little higher than 75 but not because of relapse. It's withdrawal.

I wish you can send me a PM because I was told the same s*** over and over.

Pharmaceuticals are pushing drugs and I even know a new website showing how much money any US doctor fot from pharmaceuticals.

Don't go extremes, please.......................

I had long lasting injury going extremes. You need to heal but do it right for God's sake!

Maybe i wasnt cured yet! Because im still surrounded by elements that making me feel depressed! Im so emotional and what i want is to feel good, he told me to go up to 225 next week, but i think i will stock to 150. PM me sp we discuss more

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

Hello Dee,

I'm really feeling for you going through all this right now.  It's a really hard thing to get through - but you are making your way through it, so take some credit for that.  The stabilisation will happen, so keep holding on.

What the drugs can't do is cure you.  For real healing to happen you need to be building up your own nest of strengthening and supportive tools.  Did you have a look at this?  Non-Drug Techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

If you look, you'll find that you actually have a lot of strength inside you that can get you through this.  For now, take it day by day.  Things will ease again. 

Sending bigger hugs this time,

Karen

Thank you karen,

Im feeling just so spaced out and i feel lonely and cant sleep in my room alone. I want to go my work but couldnt today!

These feeling just killing me i want feel normal again.. I want to feel my real self..

I will chick that link u posted here, and thank you so much for ypur support.

Biggg huggggsss <3

Discounting effexor

-From 300-226

28-aug-2015

-From 225-150

28-sep-2015

-From 150-75

14-nov-2015

-From 75-37.5

-Back to 75

• Moderator Emeritus

You're welcome Dee.  Sorry sleeping is so hard too.  Any chance you can get for soothing or nuturing - grab it!

8 month hold.