Sign in to follow this  
mjk1970

Tampa Bay/Orlando members, please check in here.

GardeniaBlossom

Is anyone on the Space Coast of Florida or in the Orlando area?

mjk1970

Is anyone on the Space Coast of Florida or in the Orlando area?

I'm in the Tampa area--would an in-between location (e.g. Lakeland) work?

mjk1970

East Tampa area, represents!  B)

Lawyerliz

Merritt Island. East of Orlando almost on the beach.

Lawyerliz

I always thought I would take care of my hub, because he is a tad older. Now he is taking care of me, beautifully, with only the occasional mild grouch. I'm so lucky we stayed together (for 50 years) when there was a time I thought we might be better off divorced. Avoid the toxic, but hang on to the mildly irritating, after all, it might be something you did.

JP904

Jacksonville Beach, Florida! Looking to meet some people closer to me to have an in-person support group

AnxietySucks

St. Pete!

mom2mkld
On 4/5/2016 at 4:57 PM, mjk1970 said:

East Tampa area, represents!  B)

Hello mjk1970,

I am in west Tampa - I guess.  I still do not understand Tampa.  I say I am in North Tampa.  My husband says we are not east Tampa.  I am near North Dale Mabry Hwy. and Bearrs/Ehrlich.  

Do you know of any providers in the Tampa area who help people taper off psych meds?  Are you working with anyone in the Tampa Area?

Have you also noticed that the Tampa area is BA overboard?  It makes me want to move, but I cannot move yet.  

Edited by mom2mkld
Add the baker act comment

mom2mkld

Hello -    Tampa area here

I am looking for any providers who are willing to help someone like me and eventually my son with tapering.  Or at least be supportive of tapering and not push us off.  I have run into many legal drug dealing doctors who have no idea how to get us off meds.  I have run into providers who want to just rip me off in weeks. 

We both also need help dealing with severe trauma that has been inflicted mostly upon my son by the Tampa Bay/St. Pete's area mental health mafia.  I say mafia, because I had to stop his murder in a hospital.  He was forcibly overdosed.  After I stopped it, by seeing him almost dead in a psych unit and demanding medical help.  They told me to leave but I would not leave.  He finally was rushed to CV-ICU (he was only 23-years-old).  Then, after ICU, he was beaten and placed in 4-pt restraints, completely naked many times, while he was still physically ill from their overdose.  And they continued to forcibly inject him. They left him in isolation all day, letting him suffer multiple seizures; basically left him there to die.  I do not think they thought he would last long enough for visiting hours.  I had to talk our way in to see him.  Long story.  But I had to fight for his life and his freedom every day for 3 months.  We both were treated with intimidation, threats, and harassment.  I was ambushed many times - which is why I call them the mental health mafia. I would always put my husband on speaker phone as a witness.

Still suffering the after effects.  My son suffered physical and emotional damage from that hospitalization. He has no peripheral vision, heart problems, brain injury and more.   He has suffered abuse in psych facilities since 2016 in this area.  We are both traumatized. Things have happened to me too, but not like him.  My son refuses to talk with anyone but my husband and me - he is finally home. Doing well, but still on meds and still stays to himself and will not talk with anyone but his parents. He trusts no one.  But I need help dealing with this.  I can find no one.  People do not want to believe, or hear about it, or ask me if I am taking my meds, etc.  No support.  And I am tapering, and have to be his protection and advocate; now family drama with my mother - that is another story of trauma - especially my father's death.  

mom2mkld

Does anyone know of a person who can cut my hair?  A good hair dresser?  I just cannot make myself get out to my regular person in Palm Harbor FL.  It's been since before holidays - haircut.  I need someone who maybe understands the anxiety I am suffering.  I am terribly embarrassed and feel like a little kid that I cannot deal with such simple tasks such as a haircut.  I live in Tampa FL

mom2mkld

Anyone in Tampa area.  Could use a friend.