Antipsychotic survivors? Interested in your stories

@Kovacks Yes! I just came from an activist event last night and lemme tell you, I'm probably now even more the life of the party than before psychiatric drugs, because I'm so overjoyed to have it back. And it keeps getting better. In the last month I stopped using my white noise generator at night because the ringing in my ears is not so bad/gone at times. My sleep scores on my fitbit are rising to 91-94 (think of it as a grade on an academic paper) 2-3 times a week now. 
But yes, at some point you will feel better, and later you will feel good enough to be a source of a good time. You will feel *good* again! 

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin C, D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 
Message me here if you want: 
https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

48 minutes ago, Armorall said:

@Kovacks Yes! I just came from an activist event last night and lemme tell you, I'm probably now even more the life of the party than before psychiatric drugs, because I'm so overjoyed to have it back. And it keeps getting better. In the last month I stopped using my white noise generator at night because the ringing in my ears is not so bad/gone at times. My sleep scores on my fitbit are rising to 91-94 (think of it as a grade on an academic paper) 2-3 times a week now. 
But yes, at some point you will feel better, and later you will feel good enough to be a source of a good time. You will feel *good* again! 

Congratulations, this is a good news.

keep it up.

- 2013-2014 zoloft 100 mg  xanax 1 mg

- 2015 prozac 40mg/ Xanax 1 mg / zopiclone 7.5

- 2016  brintellix 20mg /Pristiq 50mg / xanax 1 mg

- 2017  Cymbalta / xanax 1 mg / zopiclone 7.5 mg

- 2018 cibralex 10mg/ lexotanil 1.5/ 

- 2019 Effexor 150mg / lexotanil 1.5 

- December 2019  Concerta 36 mg/ zyban 300 mg/ lexotanil 1.5  / zopiclone 7.5 mg / quit on June 2020

- July 2020  Invega Sustenna XR 100 mg shot / lexotanil 1.5 mg  / zopiclone 7.5 mg

- October 2020 reduced the dose to 75 mg shot and Quit

i am still on lexotanil 1.5  / zopiclone 7.5 mg 

@saeed Thank you! Please message/tag me if you ever want any support. Have a great day!

https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

10 hours ago, Armorall said:

@saeed Thank you! Please message/tag me if you ever want any support. Have a great day!

Thank you very much, your story is inspiring.

- 2013-2014 zoloft 100 mg  xanax 1 mg

- 2015 prozac 40mg/ Xanax 1 mg / zopiclone 7.5

- 2016  brintellix 20mg /Pristiq 50mg / xanax 1 mg

- 2017  Cymbalta / xanax 1 mg / zopiclone 7.5 mg

- 2018 cibralex 10mg/ lexotanil 1.5/ 

- 2019 Effexor 150mg / lexotanil 1.5 

- December 2019  Concerta 36 mg/ zyban 300 mg/ lexotanil 1.5  / zopiclone 7.5 mg / quit on June 2020

- July 2020  Invega Sustenna XR 100 mg shot / lexotanil 1.5 mg  / zopiclone 7.5 mg

- October 2020 reduced the dose to 75 mg shot and Quit

i am still on lexotanil 1.5  / zopiclone 7.5 mg 

17 hours ago, Armorall said:

Did you ever get your core back? Like I would crunch at ecstacy moments and this would make my raps good. It's so feint now that I can't even get exactly my point across. Hope that makes sense, like that sex that really pushes something over the edge

july 21 and july 28 / 2020 the two loading doses of paliperidone

@Kovacks yup, I am capable of ecstatic moments, when I'm not having them, it's just because I'm not in a situation to have them, not that my body/brain is limited. I'm a musician and can feel and enjoy all the music I used to again (and I go out dancing A LOT). I got it back in April. In our city, we have a bi weekly event with DJs outside. I'd be playing and enjoying more live music and clubs were it not for Covid, but at least I can go out dancing twice a month, lol

@saeed thank you. Yours will be, too!

6 hours ago, Armorall said:

@Kovacks yup, I am capable of ecstatic moments, when I'm not having them, it's just because I'm not in a situation to have them, not that my body/brain is limited. I'm a musician and can feel and enjoy all the music I used to again (and I go out dancing A LOT). I got it back in April. In our city, we have a bi weekly event with DJs outside. I'd be playing and enjoying more live music and clubs were it not for Covid, but at least I can go out dancing twice a month, lol

There was a line by ice t that said, I see dead bodies floating in the water and I grin. I could never have that amount of smugness again. Do you know what I mean?

@Kovacks you mean like a playful self-satisfaction? Sure you can! I know, it seems out of reach. Our symptoms mess us up and make it feel like they are forever and there is no end, probably because you feel so far away from who you once were, so it seems doubtful that you could ever come back so completely to who you were before injury. But you can and you will. I know, I didn't believe it either and it's frustrating because no one can tell you when it will happen. There was no way I could have expected my brain to turn when it did. I told my husband I will probably not be able to work forever, we shouldn't buy a new home while in WD, we should move to a lower income home in preparation for the long, long battle. But it happened. Thankfully he didn't listen to me and he stuck around. Not to bash anyone who is taking precautions because of WD, because we cannot predict the length of it, just offering an example of how much I couldn't believe that relief is coming. Have you watched Daily Grind/Michael Priebe at all? I watched some of his youtubes (and Baylissa's) just to watch survivors and see their happy expressions, their seemingly productive lives. They are here to remind us. Baylissa told me to make a video to discuss what I was going through, then save it, so that I could make a video later and people could see how much better I was. I couldn't make the first video because it was too painful to wonder about how long it would take before I could make the second video. I regret not making it now. So, I'm just saying, I get it. It's too hard to imagine, and suffering is very deep. But, it will come. I took a cocktail of SNRI and my doc ripped me through 3 different antipsychotics. If I can get back to myself, you can get back to yourself. I'm sorry that the date of when that happens is not obvious. It is the condition that we have to wait through...but it will happen. 

10 hours ago, Armorall said:

@Kovacks you mean like a playful self-satisfaction? Sure you can! I know, it seems out of reach. Our symptoms mess us up and make it feel like they are forever and there is no end, probably because you feel so far away from who you once were, so it seems doubtful that you could ever come back so completely to who you were before injury. But you can and you will. I know, I didn't believe it either and it's frustrating because no one can tell you when it will happen. There was no way I could have expected my brain to turn when it did. I told my husband I will probably not be able to work forever, we shouldn't buy a new home while in WD, we should move to a lower income home in preparation for the long, long battle. But it happened. Thankfully he didn't listen to me and he stuck around. Not to bash anyone who is taking precautions because of WD, because we cannot predict the length of it, just offering an example of how much I couldn't believe that relief is coming. Have you watched Daily Grind/Michael Priebe at all? I watched some of his youtubes (and Baylissa's) just to watch survivors and see their happy expressions, their seemingly productive lives. They are here to remind us. Baylissa told me to make a video to discuss what I was going through, then save it, so that I could make a video later and people could see how much better I was. I couldn't make the first video because it was too painful to wonder about how long it would take before I could make the second video. I regret not making it now. So, I'm just saying, I get it. It's too hard to imagine, and suffering is very deep. But, it will come. I took a cocktail of SNRI and my doc ripped me through 3 different antipsychotics. If I can get back to myself, you can get back to yourself. I'm sorry that the date of when that happens is not obvious. It is the condition that we have to wait through...but it will happen. 

Did you take paliperidone? Is it the same thing you take? Sorry for not making sense. I mean did what you take give you the same effects it would give to someone with paliperidone? I believe you. It's just. I'm not doing that well

It's just I really want to get better and I don't think il feel the same. I know you said you get back to seemingly yourself or completely yourself. Is that very true? I don't want to be this ***** up mess forever. I got a lot to do and people counting on me and the **** is getting intense

@Kovacks I didn't take palperidone. You can see the myriad of anti-psychotics that I burned through in my drug signature. Antipsychotics are a dicey drug, but, from having read so many people's stories on here, I'm willing to conclude that the difference between brand names is like the difference between any brands. Like Levi's jeans and  Dickies do basically the same thing, they just have a different name and a slightly different look. I can't tell you anymore that yes, you will feel the same eventually and no, I cannot give you a  time frame on when that is. I know you want a date, I wanted it, too. But, unfortunately because drug companies like to deny our situation and give some bogus answer as to why it is happening, further research is inhibited. And, if you read a lot of threads here, you can tell that it's hard to predict when it will stop, regardless of time someone took it or what combination of drugs. 

Yes, I feel for you, because, aside from the hell that is withdrawal, the secondary thing is that you suddenly are having trouble acquiring resources. All I can say is that you should write down all your social safety nets (friends, family) and use them if you haven't already. Also, if there's a way to seek out doing work that is possible while you are in withdrawal (for instance, I was researching medical data entry instead of teaching, lucky for me, Covid happened and I could teach from home during WD). I have this dream where drug companies at least recognize what they've done to us, then set up a sort of hotel/spa so that  WD victims can go there and recoup for an indefinite amount of time. But, that is not profitable, so it won't happen unless there's enough pressure for exposure. Anyways, I digress. I know you need daily assurance that this will end. I know you've waited a long time. I'm sorry no one can give you an answer on when it will end, and I also clung to trying to find that answer as well. Try to find the things that have traditionally worked for us in waiting it out-walking in the forest, yoga at home, and magnesium when needed. You will turn, but yes, how you burn up the time before then will also assist you. 

On 10/2/2021 at 5:25 AM, Armorall said:

@Kovacks I didn't take palperidone. You can see the myriad of anti-psychotics that I burned through in my drug signature. Antipsychotics are a dicey drug, but, from having read so many people's stories on here, I'm willing to conclude that the difference between brand names is like the difference between any brands. Like Levi's jeans and  Dickies do basically the same thing, they just have a different name and a slightly different look. I can't tell you anymore that yes, you will feel the same eventually and no, I cannot give you a  time frame on when that is. I know you want a date, I wanted it, too. But, unfortunately because drug companies like to deny our situation and give some bogus answer as to why it is happening, further research is inhibited. And, if you read a lot of threads here, you can tell that it's hard to predict when it will stop, regardless of time someone took it or what combination of drugs. 

Yes, I feel for you, because, aside from the hell that is withdrawal, the secondary thing is that you suddenly are having trouble acquiring resources. All I can say is that you should write down all your social safety nets (friends, family) and use them if you haven't already. Also, if there's a way to seek out doing work that is possible while you are in withdrawal (for instance, I was researching medical data entry instead of teaching, lucky for me, Covid happened and I could teach from home during WD). I have this dream where drug companies at least recognize what they've done to us, then set up a sort of hotel/spa so that  WD victims can go there and recoup for an indefinite amount of time. But, that is not profitable, so it won't happen unless there's enough pressure for exposure. Anyways, I digress. I know you need daily assurance that this will end. I know you've waited a long time. I'm sorry no one can give you an answer on when it will end, and I also clung to trying to find that answer as well. Try to find the things that have traditionally worked for us in waiting it out-walking in the forest, yoga at home, and magnesium when needed. You will turn, but yes, how you burn up the time before then will also assist you. 

Does your vocabulary come back? Was yours ever gone. I can barely say what I try to say

@Kovacks yes, when I had expressive aphasia, I definitely had a vocab problem. I had trouble choosing nouns and recalling various words. I'll have to look back on my journal to see what exactly I had trouble with in terms of word choice (there were particular categories), but it was definitely a thing. Yes, it all came back. I answered this question for someone else recently- as an activist, I sit in debates all the time and can argue fluidly and clearly, maybe even better than I used to be able to. I think I came out even sharper than I used to be, or maybe I'm more courageous after facing WD, I dunno. 

Word-choice has become such a problem to me. I struggle so much to express myself. Even when I read, I’d read the same lines 5~6 times to ensure that I got it right m. But it feels really bad it really makes me hate reading. 
yeah I’d check words in the dictionary every day. But it’s just not fluid I know their meaning but just don’t know—anymore— when and how to use them. I just feel disconnected and detached from everything. I used to be very comfortable with my speaking, I’d give presentation of my work with ease. I’d learn a language so easily as well. It would flow, words just came out naturally without thinking. Now even in my native language it’s a battle. And that depresses me so much. It just doesn’t flow, something has been broken. And it kills me. I dread the day I took those drugs. 
So yeah what a word means, how do we spell it… huge struggle. 3 years that I live like that. Creativity gone, my brain is just off. 
courage to all of us, let’s stay strong. I’m sure it will come back. But not gonna lie, it’s rock bottom for me.

2015-2016 : seroplex. 15 then stopped and went on effexor.
2016-2017 : effexor 75

2017-2018 : Abilify 5 for a couple months. And then Amisulpride gradually increased to 600 within two months.

2019: went off Amisulpride 600 after having been on it for 10 months. The tapper was very fast: 3 weeks. The same year I went off effexor (the tapper was much better, in that it lasted 10 months)

Feel good bernard, I hear you 😢

Tapering:

Pride100 - Generic Amisulpride / Solian

2016 - 02-Oct -Started CItalopram 10mg+ Alpralid 0.25mg

25-Oct - Hospitalized, Started taking Amisulpride. Dec- Ami 800mg, Biperiden 2mg, Clonazepam 1.5mg. 2017 - Jan-1000mg, Feb-800mg, Apr-600mg. 14May-(Got out of the hospital) Ami 400, Propranolol 30mg, Biperiden 8mg, Dec - Ami 400, Biperiden 8mg  2018Apr - Ami 400, Stopped Biperiden at 2mg.

2018Jul - CT'ed, 2019Jan - Alprazolam 0.25mg, 2019Feb - Hospitalized and Reinstated 

2019 - Feb-800mg, Mar-1200mg, Apr-1000mg, May-800mg, Jun-600mg, Dec-400mg 2021 - Apr-350mg, May-300mg, Jun-250mg, Nov-225mg, Dec-200mg2022 - Jan-180mg, Feb-162mg, Mar-146mg, Apr-132mg, May-120mg, Jun-110mg, Jul-100mg, Sep-90mg, Oct-82mg, Nov-74mg, Dec-68mg. 2023 - Jan-120mg(Pharmacy's updosed me by mistake), Mid Jan-68mg at mid Jan, MidFeb- 60mg., May-50mg, Jun-45mg, Aug-41mg, Sep-37mg

Daily Supplements:  Omega3 Fish Oil (600mg active ingredient) x3 per day

[D3 (1000 UI)x1 per day]- I stopped taking in summer 2022

💬My withdrawal thread 🎯

Thanks!

2017-2018 : Abilify 5 for a couple months. And then Amisulpride gradually increased to 600 within two months.

2019: went off Amisulpride 600 after having been on it for 10 months. The tapper was very fast: 3 weeks. The same year I went off effexor (the tapper was much better, in that it lasted 10 months)

On 10/12/2021 at 9:37 AM, Armorall said:

@Kovacks yes, when I had expressive aphasia, I definitely had a vocab problem. I had trouble choosing nouns and recalling various words. I'll have to look back on my journal to see what exactly I had trouble with in terms of word choice (there were particular categories), but it was definitely a thing. Yes, it all came back. I answered this question for someone else recently- as an activist, I sit in debates all the time and can argue fluidly and clearly, maybe even better than I used to be able to. I think I came out even sharper than I used to be, or maybe I'm more courageous after facing WD, I dunno. 

Ok, I want to draw out for you a diagram

I want you to read this left to right as time which is the way I talk

The first diagram on the upper left is how I used to talk, a way of tense rythym

Because I am so skilled; I can actually keep the conversation always above the line of inappropriateness.

My question is: do you understand the second diagram? Cause that is where my communication level is at right now

I just don't know where the diagram is

@Kovacks I think if you need to check in with people to see if your words are easy to comprehend, the people around you can tell you that. My job here was to answer your questions about my experience and it was also my wish to tell you that it does get better. Nothing more. 

• 1 month later...

I was able recently to go down from 40mgs of ziprasidone (Geodone) to .375 mg of Risperidone.  I had been taking .5mg Risperidone about a year ago and for 3 years up until that point.  So going down .125 mgs is making me feel real good and like I may be able to get off these Anti-psychotics one day.  Slow and easy.  Because I have anger and irritability from time to time.  Yet my sleep is magnificent.  All because I am tapering and detoxing very slowly.  From .5mgs of Risp to 40 mgs of Geo to .375 mgs of Risp.  And I am tempted to speed it up really fast and I try and try but always have troble with anxiety and sleep so I will stay low and slow.  There is at times but not always a little bit of low mood that may or may not be considered depression.  But it is not continuous and I was told that you would feel depressed going off of Geodon.  They say only reduce by 10% a month at the most.  That time is your friend so take all you need of your friend to help you through this.  Now I have the great idea of making this into a liquid solution so that I can taper even more slowly and have better results thanks guys.

Lamictal 100mgs X 2 day   April 1999 - Present   Bi-Polar

Gabapentin 800mgs X 2 day April 2008 -2013    Bi-polar

Gabapentin 800mgs X 3 day 2013 - Present

Geodon (Ziprasidone) 40mgs 2020-2021 STOPPED!! November 2021

Alcohol 1998 -September 30th 2021  Alcoholism  2 1/2 year breaks when institutionalized or in a program 2004 - 2008 2 years 8 months 2011 - 2013 Sober

Metoprolol 2016 - 2021   Heart condition

Vistaril (Hydroxyzine) 50mgs at bedtime 2018 -2021 Prescribed with Risp for better sleep

Risperidone (Risperdal) 1mg 2017 -2018   .5mg 2018 -2020

Risperidone .375mgs 11/25/21 - 12/13/21  (18days) Risperdal .333mgs ?  12/14 - 12/16/21  (2 days)  

Risperdal .315mgs        12/17 - 12/26/21  Holding here now for the last 10 days (if I go lower I get insomnia)  Risperdal .25 12/28  12/31 (3days)

I know the lower I go on the Risperdal the slower I will need to cut down and hold for at least a month at a time.  I plan to hold at .25 for 3 months when I get there.  Correction, I am reconsidering trying to tapper again after one months.  So the tapper may begin again on 1/28/22

I am now 9 months off seroquel and 8 months down from 10 mg to 3 mg of lexapro. It sure has been a bumpy ride. I AM seeing improvemts but i have to keep reminding myself every day because i tend to ruminate too much. I ”tapered” seroquel for 4 weeks (Thanks doc) and let my brain ”rest” for 2 weeks before ”tapering” lexapro in 4 weeks. So in a total of 10 weeks i was off my meds since 12 and 6 years back. No wonder my brain is scattered and struggling. Right now i have had many relatively good days, Meaning i can take care of my family, go to work but that is how far i am coming. I dont socialise w people and really struggle to make plans for the future. I tend to ruminate on my ability to live a full life off the drugs the most. And summers have been very hard on me so i really hope that by then i can live more ”normally” since i have two Young kids. 

How are you doing?

2009 Escitalopram 10mg

April 2013 got off August 2013 reinstated 

July 2015 Ketipinor 50mg (Quetiapin)

April 2021 got off Quetiapin 4w taper

May 2021 tapered off Escitalopram 

9 August 2021 back on Escitalopram 2,5mg. Down to 2 mg. Updosed to 2,2mg August 24 Down to 2mg September 2

Updosed to 3mg Sept 28 

December Still holding ❤️

June 9 2022 2,9 mg

June 19 2022 2,85 mg

December 2022 switched syringes and realized i am actually taking 3,4 mg

Supplements vitamin E 400 magnesium malate a fraction of 400, Rosita Cod liver oil

• 3 weeks later...

anyone is up to talk a bit about their withdrawal experience?
Christmas is coming up, and I'm planning on celebrating it alone, I don't have the motivation and the hearth to do it with my family. I just don't feel it.
So I'm sort of anticipating a really bad moment, with some high moments of depressions, self-loathng, and rumination over my past, and how much I regret having been on psych-drugs.
If anyone is at the same place, feel free to reach out.
All the best

Hey Bernard! 

I saw ur Post and recognized u also got Abilify. Same here. Very dirty sh... I am off all drugs since last April. I improved very good then smoking crashed me helish. I found out that smoking reduces glutamate longterm and glutamate is directly linked with dopa. So I hope thats my crash and it resolves again with time. I felt and feel similar thinks like u. Special the stolen soul and personality experience is horrible. 

I am from Germany. I spent so much times in France. Always went to the Atlantic for surfin. It's a nice country. 

I also going to stay alone on Xmas. Hope ur OK. 

Greetings dog 

09/2018 Quetiapin 100 mg 8 weeks 

10/2018 Prozac 20 mg 2 weeks 

05/2019 - 10/2019 abilify 2.5 mg

12/2019-03/2020 Moclobemid 600

01/2020 - 04/2020 Lithium 1125

03/2020 8 ketamin injections

05/2020 drug free 

11/2020 lots of improvements 

12/2020 cigs crash, huge setback 

07/2021 a bit better but far from my state in autumn 2020

01/2024 I crashed again 2022. I live an disabled life and start to think it's forever 

Hey Bernard.

I hope you have a merry Christmas.

I am coming off Anti-psychotics too.

And it is important to give myself a break. 

I really believe one day it will be better.

But I am not pushing myself too much.

I just accept what I am not able to do yet

comfortably and what will push me too far.

So I rest comfortable in my room and am not

detoxing to fast.  I sleep at night.  And stay away

from people for large portions of the day.  I am not

forcing myself to work but taking life as it comes.

And one day I believe I will be able to have a job

and socialize more.  Take it easy and know we care 

about you. I hope you treat yourself today.  

Alcohol 1998 -September 30th 2021  Alcoholism  2 1/2 year breaks when institutionalized or in a program 2004 - 2008 2 years 8 months 2011 - 2013 Sober

Vistaril (Hydroxyzine) 50mgs at bedtime 2018 -2021 Prescribed with Risp for better sleep

Risperidone .375mgs 11/25/21 - 12/13/21  (18days) Risperdal .333mgs ?  12/14 - 12/16/21  (2 days)  

Risperdal .315mgs        12/17 - 12/26/21  Holding here now for the last 10 days (if I go lower I get insomnia)  Risperdal .25 12/28  12/31 (3days)

I know the lower I go on the Risperdal the slower I will need to cut down and hold for at least a month at a time.  I plan to hold at .25 for 3 months when I get there.  Correction, I am reconsidering trying to tapper again after one months.  So the tapper may begin again on 1/28/22

@Bernard @Driksdog @MarkDavid

How are you feeling from day to day?

My worst symptom now and for some time already is my anhedonia. I am feeling so so flat. I dont have ANY motivation to do anything and even feeling depressed. 

i have experienced so so many different symptoms.

would anyone of u like to share?

2009 Escitalopram 10mg

9 August 2021 back on Escitalopram 2,5mg. Down to 2 mg. Updosed to 2,2mg August 24 Down to 2mg September 2

Updosed to 3mg Sept 28 

June 9 2022 2,9 mg

June 19 2022 2,85 mg

Supplements vitamin E 400 magnesium malate a fraction of 400, Rosita Cod liver oil

Hi Esci! 

I still got anhedonia ofc. I have windows but most of the time 0 energy and I can't feel exited from anything. Cant say more than... U are not alone. I dont have it from ssri. It was the AP. Still hope I recover some day. Hope the best for us. 

Greetings dog 

05/2020 drug free 

01/2024 I crashed again 2022. I live an disabled life and start to think it's forever 

@Driksdogwow. I now realized you were on quetiapin for only 8 weeks. I was on them for 6 y, my recovery Will be long 💔

2009 Escitalopram 10mg

Updosed to 3mg Sept 28 

June 9 2022 2,9 mg

June 19 2022 2,85 mg

Hi! 

Yes man. But I took abilify for nearly 5 month. Dirty drug. And after 3 other meds trying to save me. Not a good idea. 

Greetings 

05/2020 drug free 

@Escitalopram21  I have no dried up mood yet (anhedonia).  I feel more than I did before and I like that.  But I am still titrating down and am not off the anti-psychotic yet.  I took them for 5 years so It will be a slow process perhaps.  The worst withdrawal symptom I have is sleeplessness but I can quickly reverse it by takin a small crumb off my left over pill.  So I am slowly going down and the withdrawal symptoms are at a minimum at this point.  I have the power of God in Christ to see me through this.  So I feel like I'm cheating a bit.  His resurrection power helps with my medical and physical issues.  And apparently with my psychological issues too.  I'm doing too well.  But I still feel akathesic, and feel a wave of instability pass over me from time to time.  I was avoidant in social situations more and felt self-conscious.  Also I almost went back to drinking because I felt overwhelmed.   I feel mild depressions and lack energy a lot.  I have concentration problems and lose focus in an instant.  My memory really and truly is shot.  I feel like pacing all the time.  So I am definitely going through it along with all of you. I hope the best for you.  And if there is anything else I can do to be supportive just let me know. 

• 1 month later...

☼-redbunny-zyprexa-rollercoaster

finally free and recovering beyond my wildest dreams :) able to sing which id only dreamed of, and making my dreams come true (that which lead me into mania and psychosis in the first place). Anything is possible, fruit is medicine, live laugh and love y’all :) ❤️

Edited by ChessieCat
redid link to Intro topic

8/8/20 - Zyprexa 20mg, Lithium 1200mg     9/18/20 - Zyprexa 15mg, Metformin 1000mg     10/8/20 - Zyprexa 10mg, Lamictal 25mg     10/16/20 - Zyprexa 7.5mg      10/23/20 - Zyprexa 5mg, Lamictal 0mg     10/30/20 - Zyprexa 3.5mg      11/2/20 - Zyprexa 0mg      11/5/20 - Lamictal 100mg     11/17/20 - Zyprexa 2.5mg (reinstated)  11/17/20 - Abilify 2 mg

11/25/20 -Abilify 0mg  1/17/21 -Zyprexa 0mg 

3/29/21 - Depakote 1000mg  8/3/21 - Depakote 0mg

8/3/21 - Lithium 0mg  10/20/21 - 10/30/21 Respiridone 1mg (anxiety)

11/2/21 - Began vegan diet  12/30/21 - Began shifting to fruit based diet

1/14/22 - Fruit diet, singing, meditation, reconnecting to inner voice 

2/1/22 - Beginning to feel like inner child, restoring faith ❤️

Hi, @RedBunnydid you suffer withdrawal symptoms from your fast taper, it looked like you went down in pretty big jumps. I'm on olanzapine and about to start a 10% taper. Thanks lila 

11 July 2018 3.75mg zopiclone 14 days missed one dose at least doubled one dose 

22 July 2018 2 mg Valium one week ish

30/july/18 quetiapine 25

31/july/2018 quetiapine 100

1/August/2018 quetiapine 200

14/August/2018 quetiapine 100

14/ September /2018 Quetiapine 87.5mg

Not doing so well on this drop. 

many changes up and down as doctors didn't believe me when I said I needed to go slowly down. Withdrawal became impossible to function and I was hospitalised. 

Feb 2021- now  10 mg olanzapine 

@Lilabellahi i definitely experienced a bunch of withdrawal symptoms, such as headaches, nausea, anxiety, and insomnia for months. I’m not 100% sure in retrospect how to have best avoided these symptoms, but I do believe rest whenever possible, switching to fruits that your body can accommodate such as high water fruits (watermelon, oranges, peaches), and intermittent fasting periods, which I don’t encourage beyond listening to your body to give it rest when it needs and to avoid stress eating. Breathe as much as you can, i like to take my anxiety and use it as energy to work on breathing and healing my head and lungs. I went through months of feeling massively better and am currently running another detox, so the process may take time. It could be overnight. Have faith, be patient, you got this. You’re the world, all the healing power is in you. ❤️

8/8/20 - Zyprexa 20mg, Lithium 1200mg     9/18/20 - Zyprexa 15mg, Metformin 1000mg     10/8/20 - Zyprexa 10mg, Lamictal 25mg     10/16/20 - Zyprexa 7.5mg      10/23/20 - Zyprexa 5mg, Lamictal 0mg     10/30/20 - Zyprexa 3.5mg      11/2/20 - Zyprexa 0mg      11/5/20 - Lamictal 100mg     11/17/20 - Zyprexa 2.5mg (reinstated)  11/17/20 - Abilify 2 mg

11/25/20 -Abilify 0mg  1/17/21 -Zyprexa 0mg 

3/29/21 - Depakote 1000mg  8/3/21 - Depakote 0mg

8/3/21 - Lithium 0mg  10/20/21 - 10/30/21 Respiridone 1mg (anxiety)

11/2/21 - Began vegan diet  12/30/21 - Began shifting to fruit based diet

1/14/22 - Fruit diet, singing, meditation, reconnecting to inner voice 

2/1/22 - Beginning to feel like inner child, restoring faith ❤️

So would you say those symptoms have gone now? I am hoping a slow taper means I don't get them too badly as I have a young son to care for. Sounds like you are healing yourself well its interesting what you say about fruit. 

11 July 2018 3.75mg zopiclone 14 days missed one dose at least doubled one dose 

22 July 2018 2 mg Valium one week ish

30/july/18 quetiapine 25

31/july/2018 quetiapine 100

1/August/2018 quetiapine 200

14/August/2018 quetiapine 100

14/ September /2018 Quetiapine 87.5mg

Not doing so well on this drop. 

many changes up and down as doctors didn't believe me when I said I needed to go slowly down. Withdrawal became impossible to function and I was hospitalised. 

Feb 2021- now  10 mg olanzapine 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Is there anyone here who has taken antipsychotics for over a year and recovered, or have any success stories associated with it? I cannot find them myself and it worries me.

Nov 2019 - escitalopram 10 mg amisan 50 mg

Feb  2021 - escitalopram 5 mg, immediate withdrawal of amisulpride

Jul 2021 - Risperidon 1 mg 

Aug 2021 - risperidone 0,5 mg , withdrawal

Sep  2021 - Again escitalopram 10 mg and amisulpride 50 mg

Sep 2021 - amisan 25 mg for one week, then discontinuation

Oct 2021 - escitalopram 5 mg for two weeks, then discontinued

• 4 weeks later...

I was getting succes tapered bad reinstate . Now i cant get sstable again but im.trying 

in June one month of latuda 
I was taking abilify from the 5 of September to the five of October 5mg 
Reinastate abilify two weeks ago 18/09/19

was taking 5 mg then 2,5 then 1 mg but taper to fast 

worsened my pssd 
Now taking 1 mg of abilify  

desrealization is gone 

sleep normal with Xanax 

I dont think Xanax worsened my pssd 

Feeling better but I want of the poisons 

A lot of emotional anesthesia 

Cbd oil 1,4 Cbd 15 thc  seroquel 2021 .  january start to taper until i reach un febraury to 100 . Every 50 MG .  was a amhedonia to the roof suicide ideation reisntate 500mg for 3 weeks febraury 2022

@david1123

i was on seroquel 50 mg for 6y. One year off and i would say 60% healed or more even though i almost Cole turkeyed.

2009 Escitalopram 10mg

Updosed to 3mg Sept 28 

June 9 2022 2,9 mg

June 19 2022 2,85 mg

I am 5 1/2 months off and doing well enough.  The biggest challenge at this stage is freeing oneself or confronting the trouble in the family and relationships that induced the issues in the first place.

Life and the healing process are not really any less gruelling at this stage than during the taper, but things still keep improving.

I will post back here much later when I have an update with more road in the rear view mirror.

Cheers, take it slow and stick with it.  Keep working on your self care, it's a great foundation from which to face the issues that got you drugged in the first place.

I am not a health professional - your actions are your own.  

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

2015: olanzapine  10 -> 7½ -> 6⅔ -> 5mg  by crude pill cutter

2018:  Mar 5.00mg -> water titrated taper -> Aug2.5mg tablet and hold

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Jul 2023 2.50mg aripiprazole/day attempt to lower prolactin^

Jan-Feb 2024 cross taper off shots to 1mg risperidone

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM