Junglechicken

Southwest UK Support Group - Please check in here if interested

Lilabella

Hi 

Just to say I'm based in Totnes and desperate for support if anyone is local to me. 

Junglechicken

Hi Lilabella,

Welcome to the group 🙂

There is actually a member near to you who is based in Exeter.

There have been no meet-ups so far this year due to a bereavement in my family, however, I am going to resume them as they are much needed.

Realistically, the next one would be in November. Meet-ups usually take place towards the end of the month, and so I will post on here when the next one will be.  Our meet-up location is near Bristol at a local pub in Gordano, and so good motorway access.

Hugs,

JC

Lilabella
1 hour ago, Junglechicken said:

Hi Lilabella,

Welcome to the group 🙂

There is actually a member near to you who is based in Exeter.

There have been no meet-ups so far this year due to a bereavement in my family, however, I am going to resume them as they are much needed.

Realistically, the next one would be in November. Meet-ups usually take place towards the end of the month, and so I will post on here when the next one will be.  Our meet-up location is near Bristol at a local pub in Gordano, and so good motorway access.

Hugs,

JC

Hi JC

I'm.sorry for your loss, I hope you are ok. 

Thanks so much for your reply. I really hope I can make the meet up. It would be really amazing to meet with people who understand what's happening 

It's a strange and lonely journey this one 

Peace 

Lilabella

Altostrata
On 9/28/2018 at 5:51 AM, Caspur said:

Hi ButterflyHope,

If you are in the UK, then yes it should be possible for you to get a liquid form of citilopram via your GP. The problem I've seen from others reporting is the cost. Some GPs will have one eye on their budgets. The liquid preps are expensive at £100-120 a 150ml bottle. My GP prescribed liquid venlafaxine for me with me even prompting him! That said, if there's any objections just make it clear that the NHS got you onto this drug so it has a moral obligation to help you get off it, whatever the cost!

The British National Formulary shows it is available as oral drops 40mg per ml of liquid; see link here.

https://bnf.nice.org.uk/medicinal-forms/citalopram.html

I'm sure it would be possible for the NHS to get it made up at a lower concentration which is probably what you need.

Good luck with your taper.

Caspur

Caspur

Hi All,

Just checking in. I am in Pewsey in Wiltshire.

Cheers

Caspur

Reflex

Hi Caspur

iim claire aka reflex because of my interest in reflexology. I am a member of the south west group. 

I rarely come on this site now not because I am healed rather I had to reinstate to 20mg of Prozac 2 years ago now. I maintain contact with other group members. Look forward to meeting you at our next meet up. 

😜

Junglechicken
1 hour ago, Caspur said:

Hi All,

Just checking in. I am in Pewsey in Wiltshire.

Cheers

Caspur

Hi Caspur,

Welcome to the group ☺️

Our next meet up will be towards the end of November.  2018 was a non-year for meet-ups due to a family bereavement.  

They are held at a pub near Gordano services (off the M5), Bristol.

However, I will be getting these going again as they are much needed.  

I will message everyone the meet-up details by Friday this week.

Looking forward to meeting you.

JC

Junglechicken
On 9/21/2018 at 5:05 PM, Lilabella said:

Hi JC

I'm.sorry for your loss, I hope you are ok. 

Thanks so much for your reply. I really hope I can make the meet up. It would be really amazing to meet with people who understand what's happening 

It's a strange and lonely journey this one 

Peace 

Lilabella

Thank you Lilabella,

I will be posting details of our next meet-up over the next couple of days.

Hope you are doing ok.

JC

Junglechicken

Dear all,

I just wanted to apologise to everyone for the lack of meet-ups this year. 

The good news is, we're back on track again and there will be monthly meet-ups going forward the first being in November.

A warm welcome to our newbie members Lilabella and Caspur - the group has been going for nearly 2 years now, and you will feel "part of the family" in no time.  Looking forward to seeing our older members again!

Our next meet-up will be on Saturday 24th @ 12 noon.  Our regular venue is The Anchor pub, 60 Ham Green, Pill, Bristol, BS20 OHB.  Tel: 01275 372253

See link to pub website below:

https://www.theanchorhamgreen.com/

If the majority of people can't make that date, I can re-arrange.  If only less than 3 people are able to attend, the meet-up is cancelled.

Hugs,

JC xx