Prozac20 Discontinuation syndrome

Prozac20

I took Prozac 20m for anxiety and had to stop after a week due to severe side effects . MybMD suggested a stop cold turkey since it was affecting me and had to stop working . I asked him it was ok to stop cold turkey sice I had read that it should be done slowly and he said it was fine that I shouldn't have any issue . I asked to be lowered to to 10mg and see if I will been a bit better since I had heard it took a few weeks for my system to get used to it . I got my prescription for 10mg and took it that night and next day was horrible. I decided not to take anymore . It's been 5 weeks and I'm still feeling severe weakness some day more that others, fatigued, I feel off balance and sensitivity to light and sound . I know its withdrawal syndrome now . Been going to see the MD almost every week since then and of course he tell me it has nothing to do with the medication . I've had blood work done and everything comes back fine . He even did a toxicology test and the results came back saying I have to trace of Prozac in my silly stem and that it usually leaves your body 2-3 after you stop . I don't believe that but oh well . I'm able to work part time but still have a hard time especially in the mornings because I was up with burning skin and a feeling of nervousness in my stomach and shakyness . Usually feel better in the afternoons . I just want to know if anyone has taken it for a short time like I did and how long it might take for this to go away ?

Xanax PRN ( 1/2 of .25mg approximately 2-3 a month when needed ) since May 2015

In April 2016 started birth control and in my opinion it triggered anxiety for almost a week straight and took 1/2 .25mg Xanax everyday for that week ( never had taken that many in a row before )

Saw the family MD and gave me Prozac 20 mg.

took it for 6 days and could not handle the side effects and had to stop working

Went back to the dr on the 7 day and told me to stop CT . I told him that I was scared to stop so suddenly so he gave me 10mg to take to see if the side effects decreased

Took the 10mg that night and the next day felt so much worse . After that did take anything any more except and antibiotic due to UTI

It's been almost 7 weeks and I have a lot of weakness ( comes and goes) anxiety , cortisol urges at night and worse in the morning which usually lessens throughout the day , tinnitus , heavy leg feeling , fatigue and burning skin mostly my left arm, face and neck mainly when I fee the cortisol surges .

I've read that it is more difficult to wean off from benzos. I took my last dose of Prozac 5 weeks ago and I think the most debilitating symptom is weakness and fatigue . Some days are better than others but I do have burning on my skin and face mainly in the morninngs ( like I said some days it's less) I came off CT after one week because the side effects were so intense and my PCP told me it was ok . Has anyone had this weakness/ fatigue and how long did it take for it to subside ?

In April 2016 started birth control and in my opinion it triggered anxiety for almost a week straight and took 1/2 .25mg Xanax everyday for that week ( never had taken that many in a row before )

took it for 6 days and could not handle the side effects and had to stop working

Went back to the dr on the 7 day and told me to stop CT . I told him that I was scared to stop so suddenly so he gave me 10mg to take to see if the side effects decreased

Took the 10mg that night and the next day felt so much worse . After that did take anything any more except and antibiotic due to UTI

It's been almost 7 weeks and I have a lot of weakness ( comes and goes) anxiety , cortisol urges at night and worse in the morning which usually lessens throughout the day , tinnitus , heavy leg feeling , fatigue and burning skin mostly my left arm, face and neck mainly when I fee the cortisol surges .

• Administrator

Welcome, Prozac20.

I moved your topic to the Introductions section to start your Intro topic, where you can post questions about your situation and track your progress.

Some people have immediate adverse reactions to SSRIs, which can last for a long time even off the drugs. Their systems just do not get along with the drugs. It seems you are one of those people.

Your symptoms will very gradually fade over months. See our Symptoms and Self-care forum  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-self-care/for suggestions about how to cope with symptoms.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Administrator

Whether it's more difficult to go off benzos, antidepressants, or other psychiatric drugs is a debate that cannot be settled without intensive study, which has never been forthcoming.

Please see earlier response in your Intro topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Prozac20,

Sounds like it's a good thing you stopped when you did.  As Alto said, things will improve - it just takes longer than we'd like.  Getting lots of rest will help you to manage things better, as will drinking plenty of water, eating well, and exercising gently.  You can soothe yourself as you wait for your symptoms to settle down. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1718-severe-fatigue/ has some info and discussion about dealing with fatigue. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6217-burning-skin/ has info about burning skin.

But yours should fade away gradually anyway.

Would you be able to fill out a signature – drugs/dates/dosages etc - so we can see your situation easily whenever you post, and help you more accurately?  Thanks.

Welcome so SA,

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for adding your signature Prozac20, that makes it easier to see your situation at a glance.

Are you still taking any xanax? Birth control pills?

Did you notice your symptoms became worse after taking the antibiotic?

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

No stopped Xanax about 3 days into Prozac and Birth control as well . Yes they were were during the antibiotic not sure I'm still feeling crappy because I took an antibiotic .

• Moderator Emeritus

Its possible you had a bad reaction to the antibiotic, some of them can cause symptoms very similar to antidepressant adverse effects. Its possible you had a cumulative bad reaction to birth control, Prozac and the antibiotic.

Do you remember which AB you took?

One class of antibiotics, Cipro (ciprofloxacin) is notorious for causing bad side effects which can last quite a while. Here is our related topic: Cipro, Levaquin, Azithromycin (Z-Pack), and other antibiotics ...

It sounds like you are very sensitive to all kinds of medications.

You will recover, but it may take some more time. It would not be unusual to still be having symptoms 7 weeks after an adverse reaction to either an SSRI or an antibiotic.

Here is the link to our symptoms and self care section, you may find some useful ideas to help manage symptoms as you recover.  Especially read the topics pinned at the top.  Many people find  fish oil and magnesium helpful, see King of Supplements: Omega 3 Fatty Acids (Fish Oil) and Magnesium, Nature's Calcium Channel Blocker

If I were you I would be looking for non-drugs treatments as much as possible in the future. If you decide to try supplements, start with a fraction of the recommended dose and work up slowly. A sensitive nervous system may not be able to tolerate high doses of supplements either.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Yes they gave me levaquin but only took 2 days of it because it was destroying my stomach then he prescribed me Bactrim . I take omega 3, probiotics , 2x/ week I'll take calcium with vitamin d3 . I take apple cider vinegar with water almost every day. I drink a lot of coconut water and once in a while I take vitamin c . Sometimes before bed ill drink camomile tea.

I didn't know about other medications cause adverse reactions during withdrawal or else I wouldn't have taken anything .

*topic moved from symptoms forum

I'm going to WD ,it's been 7 week since I stopped the medication. Now I've been forcing myself to go back to work part time . My work requires a lot of driving and some clínic time . I struggle to get through ea day . I don't know if by exposing myself to these stimulating things ( driving , being out in the sun, or some physical activity ) Am I actually prolonging my recovery or should I just stay home and rest my body ( CNS) . Being home also depresses me so I'm not sure what to do . Any advice ?

Edited by Petunia
added note

Hi Prozac20. I think it's really up to you to go with your instinct and see how much you can cope with. When I started withdrawing a few months ago going to college was really hard for me and after about  month I decided that it would be best for me to stay at home to focus on getting better. I plan on getting out there again when I'm ready.

It's hard because in withdrawal nowhere feels 100% safe (for me anyway) so choosing to get out on particularly sunny day for example is really nice and uplifting. 

At the end of the day you are important, go with what you feel is best.

Hope this helps, Prohealer

2009: Put on Fluoxetine (20mg) and Risperdal (0.5mg) for OCD. Dose was increased a few weeks later to 40mg Fluoxetine and 1mg Risperdal.

2011: Began experiencing Depersonalisation and Visual Snow, general loss of energy and breast growth. Was kept on 40mg Fluoxetine until Late Dec 2015. Risperdal dosage varied and was kept on 0.5mg for a long while before Nov 2015.

Early Sep 2015: Began having symptoms of extreme anxiety, psychosis and hot flushes due to mixing illegal drugs.

Late Nov 2015: Psych doc raised Risperdal to 8mg. Began having severe and hellish Akathisia. Was kept being given Diazepam to cope.

Early Dec 2015: Began seeing a new psych doc who tapered me off Risperdal over a period of a few weeks and put me onto Quetiapine.

Late Dec 2015: Quick tapered off of everything due to little guidance.

Mid March 2016: Reinstated Fluoxetine (5mg), dose was increased to 10mg a couple of weeks later. Gave me restless legs and stopped taking immediately (RLS was unbearable).

10 May 2016: Unsuccessful Fluoxetine reinstatement at 1mg. Drug free since May 2016.

Diet (When Able): Low carb and sugar, high fat & dark greens. medium protein and fruit. Taking 100mg magnesium, 1000mg omega 3, 0.25mg Melatonin daily,. Drinking at least one mug of chamomile a day. Weekly Light exercise. Meditating daily and practising mindfulness.

"Come back to square one, just the minimum bare bones. Relaxing with the present moment, relaxing with hopelessness, relaxing with death, not resisting the fact that things end, that things pass, that things have no lasting substance, that everything is changing all the time—that is the basic message." – Pema Chodron

I feel tired but I have been able to cope with it ( part time at least ) . I'm going to continue as long as I can . I have a friend helping drive for now due to my anxiety kicking in when I drive long distances . What are you symptoms of withdraws now ? You look two be 2 months ahead of me in the healing process .

If you feel you can cope then that's great. Glad to hear about your friend driving you. I had to get on a crowded bus every day, it was a nightmare lol.

Currently I'm experiencing a lot of symptoms, the worst though are PSSD, Anxiety, Tardive Dyskinesia, mild Akathisia and RLS, but I think some might be down to me recently trying to reinstate unsuccessfully and being on both antipychotics and antidepressants for a long time (6 years) with a very fast taper.

2009: Put on Fluoxetine (20mg) and Risperdal (0.5mg) for OCD. Dose was increased a few weeks later to 40mg Fluoxetine and 1mg Risperdal.

2011: Began experiencing Depersonalisation and Visual Snow, general loss of energy and breast growth. Was kept on 40mg Fluoxetine until Late Dec 2015. Risperdal dosage varied and was kept on 0.5mg for a long while before Nov 2015.

Early Sep 2015: Began having symptoms of extreme anxiety, psychosis and hot flushes due to mixing illegal drugs.

Late Nov 2015: Psych doc raised Risperdal to 8mg. Began having severe and hellish Akathisia. Was kept being given Diazepam to cope.

Early Dec 2015: Began seeing a new psych doc who tapered me off Risperdal over a period of a few weeks and put me onto Quetiapine.

Mid March 2016: Reinstated Fluoxetine (5mg), dose was increased to 10mg a couple of weeks later. Gave me restless legs and stopped taking immediately (RLS was unbearable).

10 May 2016: Unsuccessful Fluoxetine reinstatement at 1mg. Drug free since May 2016.

Diet (When Able): Low carb and sugar, high fat & dark greens. medium protein and fruit. Taking 100mg magnesium, 1000mg omega 3, 0.25mg Melatonin daily,. Drinking at least one mug of chamomile a day. Weekly Light exercise. Meditating daily and practising mindfulness.

"Come back to square one, just the minimum bare bones. Relaxing with the present moment, relaxing with hopelessness, relaxing with death, not resisting the fact that things end, that things pass, that things have no lasting substance, that everything is changing all the time—that is the basic message." – Pema Chodron

I also drink chamomile before bed . The cortisol spikes at night is what bothers me a lot . I also feel unblanced when I walk .

Yeah I find the tea helps a lot. You could also try lavender oil or balm to put on your pillow or rub into your skin if you haven't already, I often do that in conjunction with the tea. And I often feel unbalanced too. It seems quite common in withdrawal and I'm sure these things will pass in time. 

I've tried lavender too but since I'm hypersensitive right now I scared to try new things thinking it will make my symptoms worse . Have you noticed and improvement with your symptoms since January ? Thanks for responding btw

I think lavender is pretty safe. It's all about trying new things, only you will know what's right for you once you have given it a go. As long as you stick to the more "natural" and non-stimulating side of things, you can do no harm in my opinion.

And iv'e noticed some things improve and some new things appear which can be frightening but not uncommon. I wouldn't say overall iv'e improved a whole lot yet seeing as its still early days for me.

It not a problem, we're all here for each-other here.  :)

I have found that I can be extremely sensitive to visual and auditory stimuli and very much sunlight and even just thinking and working. I definitely found I have had to shut off everything and close the curtains on sunny days. Many many beautiful days have been spent resting and avoiding sunlight, sound and thought. I am so much much better now and it has been happening gradually. I can be outside in the sum a lot more now and no problem. If you feel it is affecting you then shut it all down and rest. It definitely promotes healing. Pushing yourself delays healing. Yes it's boring but keep remembering there is a cost to having taken these drugs unfortunately...we have to pay a high price for it. It seems like there is no way around it. Rest your brain and your brain will thank you by getting healed!

• Administrator

If withdrawal has made you sensitive to light and heat, you may be putting yourself in harm's way.

I'm going to WD ,it's been 7 week since I stopped the medication. Now I've been forcing myself to go back to work part time . My work requires a lot of driving and some clínic time . I struggle to get through ea day . I don't know if by exposing myself to these stimulating things ( driving , being out in the sun, or some physical activity ) Am I actually prolonging my recovery or should I just stay home and rest my body ( CNS) . Being home also depresses me so I'm not sure what to do . Any advice ?

Can you do part time work or modify your work wear dark glasses when out in the sun for example.  I think it is a two prong sword while I watched those who can work and be in wd keep their lives going and that seems to me to be a prize worth having even if it costs something but it all depends on how bad your symptoms are.  Some can work in wd some can't.  You have to decide.  If modifying as much as you can to suit your symptoms does not work then you may have to be home.  All these choices have two sides at least and your the only one who can make the choice. 

I wish you peace

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Thank you for your advise . I just recently asked for time off from work because I feel so weak and off balance when I walk . I also h e a fog feeling in my head that comes and goes . I'm losing weight but trying to eat healthy even trying to eat gluten free food to see if it helps with my symptoms . Does anyone k ow of other people who took medication for a short period of time and how long it took to recover . I'm terrified that things will get worse . I feel I'm having pretty bad withdrawals were I can't drive or go out to public places due to anxiety and off balance feeling .

Slowandsteady,

What medications did you take and how did you stop ? How long have you been off ?

• 4 weeks later...

Question: my Dr asked me to get an echo ( ultrasound ) of my heart to rule out mitral valve prolapse . Does anyone know if an ultrasound might cause a reaction ? I'm asking cus now I'm scared of everything and making things worse . Might be a dumb question but still .

• Moderator Emeritus

Prozac, it's very unlikely that you'll have a reaction to the ultrasound itself. What have you found by with a search of the forums here at SA?  What have you found in a web search using Google?

1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

No I haven't yet .

I didn't see anything on this forum but I'll google it .

• 2 weeks later...

Ove motives that My symptoms ramp up after I eat , mainly breakfast and lunch around 8am and 12pm. At first I thought I might be reacting to certain foods but lately it seems that it doesn't matter what I eat I still feel worse after . Has anyone experienced this ? Or does this happen because of the cortisol spikes aroind that time . Does it get better with time ?

• Moderator Emeritus

You might check the interactions between your medications and food. It occurs to me that your symptoms *might* be related to your birth control.  Is the one you're taking prescribed for a specific reason, or could you try a different one?

1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

I'm not taking birth control . I only took it it got a few days back in March .

I don't take any meds at all . Occasional omega 3 and vitamin C but that's shout it . I'm trying to go gluten free

• Moderator Emeritus

... My symptoms ramp up after I eat , mainly breakfast and lunch around 8am and 12pm. At first I thought I might be reacting to certain foods but lately it seems that it doesn't matter what I eat I still feel worse after . Has anyone experienced this ? Or does this happen because of the cortisol spikes aroind that time . Does it get better with time ?

Virtually all symptoms get better and resolve completely with time. Only doctors who haven't bothered to educate themselves about psych drug withdrawal, aka buffoons with a license to prescribe drugs they don't fully understand, are foolish enough to make predictions about how long symptoms will last.

I can't answer your question about whether cortisol is the cause of increased symptom intensity after eating. However, I will offer this:

Food and eating are powerful influencers on the central nervous system; if I recall correctly there are more neurotransmitter receptors in your digestive system than there are in your brain. Take a psycho-neuro-active substance, it's possible to get digestive symptoms. Something going on in your digestive system, even just eating? It's possible you'll experience psycho-neuro symptoms.

scallywag's Introduction

Thank you for answering , I know that when we eat a lot more blood is transferred to our gut for digestion . I'm sure it has something to do with . I've just heard so much about developing food intolerances with withdrawal that I'm scared I'm not going to be able to eat anything . I'm trying to keep a journal to track these awful symptoms. I eat healthy and don't drink coffee, very little carbs, alcohol and have minimized any sugar intake so I guess it might be normal .

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Thanks I'll look at these links . I've been eliminating gluten slowly but not dairy. Since I've never really had evidence or test done to prove that I might be intolerant to these I don't want to eliminate anything that could be helping me . I take a probiotic but it's a gummy type and I don't know if it's good enough .

• Administrator

Hello, Prozac20. The below seems to be your case.

Welcome, Prozac20.

I moved your topic to the Introductions section to start your Intro topic, where you can post questions about your situation and track your progress.

Some people have immediate adverse reactions to SSRIs, which can last for a long time even off the drugs. Their systems just do not get along with the drugs. It seems you are one of those people.

Your symptoms will very gradually fade over months. See our Symptoms and Self-care forum  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-self-care/for suggestions about how to cope with symptoms.

Quite often, people with drug-induced hypersensitive nervous systems report odd feelings after eating. This tends to go away with time. If you can find out if certain foods are causing this and eliminate them, that can help. For example, do you often drink an artificially sweetened or flavored beverage? How about caffeine?

Many people do better with fish oil and magnesium supplements, see
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

A lot of people find them helpful. Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

Magnesium in particular can help reduce anxious feelings. Frequent small doses are more effective than large doses.

If you have light sensitivity and it's very bright where you are, wearing dark glasses and dimming lights indoors can help your nervous system settle down. You might get anxious driving during the day because of the light stimulation.