ashbrown

ashbrown: my story

ashbrown

hello everyone,

I am a former member of paxilprogress, i went by the username of no_fear if i can remember.

I was on paxil for 5 years and 4 months, starting off on 20mg, but for the most part on 10mg, i tapered down to 5mg/day then 5mg/every other day, then stopped, this was back in winter 08/09.

to be honest the tapering part for me wasn't too bad, the real problems started after i stopped, probably about 2 months after. i was hit with depression and anxiety, after that came the brain zaps and dizziness (i felt like i was going to fall backwards all the time) that lasted for a good 6 months. i have had bouts of insomnia and moments lying in bed feeling so low and fatigued i would of asked God to end my life right there.

it took me a good 4 years after stopping to get to a place and head space to feel what i could consider normal, i have been off paxil for over 7 years now and have never looked back. i currently do have health issues which are possibly related directly or indirectly to coming off paxil, but i feel it is more to do with my clean but not very nutritious diet and not letting myself recover properly.

i feel bad typing this because i can see many of you are still in withdrawal and i think this site is more to do with that, but i just wanted to share my story and let people know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

dowdaller

Great to hear a good news story. I am clean 8 months and have experienced many ups and downs. Well done.

LexFree

Hello Ashbrown,

Thank you very much for coming back and letting us know how are you doing.  Please do not feel bad that you are posting of how well you are doing.  I look for success stories like yours as it gives me so much hope.  We need to see more stories of success.  

Good to hear you are still off the AD and doing well.  I too hope to be there as well.

Best to you always...LexFree 

LexAnger

Thank you so much ashbrown!

The best thing to all of us still on the road is a successful story which is so rare unfortunately. It can be life saving in a sense as hope is the most important thing to continue this incredible battle, and often times we who are in the water feel very lack of it.

Wish you all the best and have a great life!

Lex

scallywag

It was generous and thoughtful of you to post about your recovery and success.  You'll probably never know how many people you've inspired and helped. Thank you and congratulations.

brassmonkey

Hi Ash-- welcome to the group.  I'm so glad you found us and shared your story.  Any success story is very welcome here.  Yours is the goal to which we all aspire and to have a ray of light shine into the group is inspiring to everyone. Thank you.

Bruin

HI Ashbrown, 

Thank you for coming back to share your story. It is inspiring and sending you all Best wishes for continued recovery. 

Bruin

ang

Yes, thankyou so much, I am improved, but battle every day.    Please keep posting,  I want to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and one day, perhaps I will even be able to work again!

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

So maybe moving this thread to the 'Success Stories' forum and PM the member where it went might keep this excellent resource from being lost? We need lots more of these and the the pp members always like to keep track of their buds now that their original site is gone. (Maybe adding 'former PP member no_fear' to the title would be a good idea too.)

Thanks for checking in Ash, glad you made it!

ashbrown

thank you so much for all the kind replies.

I am going to write a new thread in the success stories forum (as suggested by cybaltawithdrawal5600), probably over the weekend, it will be quite long and more in depth.

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Oh boy I can hardly wait! Make it as long and detailed as you wish. We need that!

mzjewels

Thank you for posting your update.

Please don't fell bad, we that are withdrawing NEED to hear success stories like yours, we need HOPE.

There are SEVERAL nightmare stories, stories of success is liking have a breath of fresh air.

Thank you