Nelly

Nelly: coming off fluoxetine / Prozac

UnfoldingSky

Nelly, so sorry to read this post and how you are feeling.  Honestly reading it I felt that you were fairly lonely.  The withdrawal can make us unusually sad too, I know it did me. It can exaggerate any problems we had before withdrawal too.  I understand what you mean about wanting to do more and be involved but not being able to. I'm the same way.  I think reading this to me it sounds like it would be easier if you had people with you more often, though how to do that when withdrawal is so hard to handle I don't know. 

I wish you lived near me maybe we could have "quiet days out" with no major demand to interact a lot, like some kind of meet-up where we might do things like knit or watch a movie...I don't know if there is a group near you for withdrawal?  Might be an option to look at.  I value your honesty and it pains me that you feel so sad. I resonate with the feeling of struggling to have a happy life too.  Sometimes I can accept where my life is, and then I feel a little better but a lot of the time it just feels like an uphill battle and like I'm not getting enough done. And it's very lonely too. I think you are a lovely person and that you deserve a lot in life too.  And am not just saying that to try to make you feel better.

With care,

US

Nelly
On 6/11/2020 at 8:16 AM, UnfoldingSky said:

Nelly, so sorry to read this post and how you are feeling.  Honestly reading it I felt that you were fairly lonely.  The withdrawal can make us unusually sad too, I know it did me. It can exaggerate any problems we had before withdrawal too.  I understand what you mean about wanting to do more and be involved but not being able to. I'm the same way.  I think reading this to me it sounds like it would be easier if you had people with you more often, though how to do that when withdrawal is so hard to handle I don't know. 

I wish you lived near me maybe we could have "quiet days out" with no major demand to interact a lot, like some kind of meet-up where we might do things like knit or watch a movie...I don't know if there is a group near you for withdrawal?  Might be an option to look at.  I value your honesty and it pains me that you feel so sad. I resonate with the feeling of struggling to have a happy life too.  Sometimes I can accept where my life is, and then I feel a little better but a lot of the time it just feels like an uphill battle and like I'm not getting enough done. And it's very lonely too. I think you are a lovely person and that you deserve a lot in life too.  And am not just saying that to try to make you feel better.

With care,

US

Aw thank you for your lovely reply, you sound like you genuinely care and that means a lot, as I am sure you know. I keep on, on the same dose, and accept that this is where I am right now, without thinking of my next taper. 

Are you in the UK? You know when your brain is so tired, when even reading up on things is also too much at times....

I hope you are doing ok. 

There was a local group which I found details of with the help of this forum, but I don’t think it is still running. When I feel up to it, I will take another look for something local. For the first time in my life I have nice friends. Friends who don’t place demands on me and who are understanding, which means a lot to me. This has come about, since I moved to a new area, and was able to choose my friends and they chose me, which I see as a compliment, because they really are good people. But yes, still lonely. But accepting of it. This is how it is.

I haven’t visited this forum for a while and was very please to read your message. There is a FB group which is ok, but no always kind with their responses. 

I am going to try CBD oil again. I think I stopped because I was feeling ok, but realise that it was exactly that that may have been contributing to me feeling ok.

How are you doing? I hope you have some happiness. You sound lovely 😊 x

UnfoldingSky
On 7/7/2020 at 5:53 PM, Nelly said:

Aw thank you for your lovely reply, you sound like you genuinely care and that means a lot, as I am sure you know. I keep on, on the same dose, and accept that this is where I am right now, without thinking of my next taper. 

Are you in the UK? You know when your brain is so tired, when even reading up on things is also too much at times....

I hope you are doing ok. 

There was a local group which I found details of with the help of this forum, but I don’t think it is still running. When I feel up to it, I will take another look for something local. For the first time in my life I have nice friends. Friends who don’t place demands on me and who are understanding, which means a lot to me. This has come about, since I moved to a new area, and was able to choose my friends and they chose me, which I see as a compliment, because they really are good people. But yes, still lonely. But accepting of it. This is how it is.

I haven’t visited this forum for a while and was very please to read your message. There is a FB group which is ok, but no always kind with their responses. 

I am going to try CBD oil again. I think I stopped because I was feeling ok, but realise that it was exactly that that may have been contributing to me feeling ok.

How are you doing? I hope you have some happiness. You sound lovely 😊 x

Hi Nelly, always good to see you here. :)

I am not in the UK, unfortunately. I wish I were to be honest (well if it were not for the pandemic).  I have visited England before and I adored it there.  And I want to travel to other parts of the UK but of course because of the pandemic that isn't really doable at the moment.  I am in Canada.

I'm so glad you have nice friends now.   I related a lot to your earlier post about having to deal with a lot of drama and not enough love.  That feels like my life, though some of the drama abaited there always seems to be more coming down the road. 

As for how I'm doing I am not doing that great right now, there are a lot of problems in my life.  Since the pandemic started a number of people I knew have died, and now my family keeps running into problems.  One of the people who died was one of the men I mentioned a while back who wanted to date me.  The last thing he had said to me was to call him next time I was in town then the pandemic hit and he wound up in hospital (not for covid).  I knew he had health issues so it's not a total surprise that he passed on but it just feels like everything was left so up in the air and I didn't have a chance to say goodbye.

Also how does the CBD oil help if you don't mind me asking?  I can't recall if I asked before or not, forgive my poor memory I haven't been sleeping well lately.  I have a kind of constant feeling of low level anxiety, and while I know a lot of it is coming from current problems, I do wonder if there is some way to minimize it that I haven't tried.

Let me know how you are keeping,

US