cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Gerald "Jerry" Maguire, Head of International Stuttering Assoc.

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Here's his stuttertalk website.

I know the purpose of this forum is "Books, news, blogs, video, radio -- items related to the psychiatry industry and adverse effects of antidepressants" and this technically does not fit. So what gives, why did I start a topic on it?

There's been discussion of saphris lately and I started looking it up. This guy, back in 2010, participated in a clinical trial of saphris to reduce stuttering. I don't have the time right now but I am wondering if (he's a psych MD) he rx's or recommends saphris to people.

Gotta keep an eye on him. If he is still taking it, will he show any long term effects (going on 6 years now....) Did he ever just take himself off it and did he have wd syndrome that he treated by rxing himself a bunch of drugs? I'd dearly love to know. It is not often we know of docs actually taking the meds they give to their patients with such abandon....

I nearly freaked when I saw there is this drug being prescribed for stuttering....

Shep

I just looked this "doctor" up on Propublica's Docs for Dollars Database:

https://projects.propublica.org/docdollars/doctors/pid/324491

He's made $480,597 as a prescription drug dealer for big pharma, and that only goes back to 2013, so I'm sure it's more than that. 

This is criminal because I'm sure it will be targeted at children at some point. 

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Whoa, good job Shep!     

Types of Payments (in a time span)

Promotional Speaking/Other  $215K

Consulting  $163K

Travel and Lodging  $61,517

Nonaccredited Training  $23,000  (is this a catch all for "have some more cash"?)

Food and Beverage  $11,740

Honoraria  $6,000

Education  $103

I went to the wrong school, shoulda been a shrink. They'd be throwin' money at ME now!

Children stutter........

(He's really getting a lot of moolah for hawking brintellix)

compsports

Whoa, good job Shep!     

Types of Payments (in a time span)

Promotional Speaking/Other  $215K

Consulting  $163K

Travel and Lodging  $61,517

Nonaccredited Training  $23,000  (is this a catch all for "have some more cash"?)

Food and Beverage  $11,740

Honoraria  $6,000

Education  $103

I went to the wrong school, shoulda been a shrink. They'd be throwin' money at ME now!

Children stutter........

(He's really getting a lot of moolah for hawking brintellix)

Adults do too as I had a relative who did but it didn't prevent him from leading a very productive life when he was alive.  He was also talented musically.   The thought of him on a psych med.   OMG.

I am speechless.

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

CS,

You know you can just start typing in the reply window at the bottom of the page instead of quoting first, especially if you are posting right after the person you want to comment to, right? Reading duplicate posts all down the page gets tiring......

You know, I am tempted to try to send that guy an email and ask him if he is still taking the drug and if he ever tried going off it, and maybe get in a plug for SA and tell him that our site is where the recipients of his profitable (to him!) marketing campaign to docs and the public often end up in pain and agony and many with shattered lives.

Maybe he will make a paypal donation to the cause, hmmmm?

compsports

I doubt he cares CW.   He sounds like big time drug pimp.

Then again, what do you have to lose?   I like how you mention about shattered lives because that is exactly what would happen to these folks.   Not that people with "normal" brains don't get shattered by psych meds but Breggin has specifically mentioned that folks with neurological issues can get damaged big time by psych meds.

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

I swear i just might do it, CS.

How often do we get an inkling that a contemporary shrink has actually been on the stuff? Do you know of any, like from MIA? (which I think you follow, I don't ).

compsports

Go for it CW.   If you do it, please report back as to what he says.

No, I don't know any shrinks on this stuff.   They probably wouldn't admit it even if they were.

I know one who really needs to be if he isn't.  I will let folks draw their own conclusions as to whom I am talking about.

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

I can't believe i fat fingered my phone just to log in and give the above an 'lol'.

Who, who who???? Said the owl......

Barbarannamated

Just saw this topic.  I know him fairly well and, yes, he has been on several drugs for stuttering.  He's very open about it.  We were out in a group one evening.  My doc had just tried Zyprexa for my headaches (go figure).  Gerald (he didn't go by Jerry back then - late 1990s) and I were parked at the buffet table shoveling food in as fast as possible.  We realized at the same time that it was the Zyprexa. He was taking it for stuttering back then.  His wife was the Lily rep.  

I think most pdocs and medical people are on the drugs as well as their families.  They do believe in them and likely put up blinders /denial if realization starts to creep in.  

Yes, he's definitely in tight with pharma.  That's how I knew him.