NearlyMedlessKate

How do I deal with unsupportive friends?

KindredSpiritKanada
5 hours ago, UnfoldingSky said:

I think you have a wise strategy here in not telling them what's going on.  Hopefully that will help minimize stress for you.  I wish I had had that option myself.  I had a bad reaction to antidepressants and because I went to hospital about it people found out.  Then with the cat out of the bag suddenly everyone I knew offline was a medical doctor, and telling me what to do, or "what really happened".  Meanwhile doctors had diagnosed adverse reaction and then later withdrawal, but even then some I knew somehow knew better that it was all really "me" or just me making things up even.  It was so hard to deal with.  I think a lot of people here have run into at least one person who was not supportive or understanding.  I wish things were different.

Darn, so sorry to hear you have a lot of what I call 'street psychiatrists' to deal with. I wish more people could understand that what they haven't ever experienced doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If that was the case, many tragedies would simply be invalidated and written out of history, because the majority of people have never had to live through a range of interpersonal tragedies(like prescription induced brain malfunction) or genocides, racism, etc.

I think that most people on here have experiences with unsupportive friends/family too. We're living in a time period of massive denial/ignorance when it comes to the harm caused by psychiatric drugging. I'm not sure if it's some strong denial at the heart of it, but I have a feeling it could be. I think people without lived experience of withdrawal have an unwillingness to ponder and accept the truth that the sanctioned healers of our psyche (mostly the Psychiatrists in the medical profession) in our modern societies may be causing mass suffering for selfish reasons like wealth acquisition over an earnest devotion to help mend the human condition, so that happiness for all people can grow. I know it's hard for people to acknowledge evil things and corruption can exist in a supposedly civil society, but their complacency in turning a blind eye to such issues in my opinion makes it grow more and more all consuming.

I hope you find peace. I haven't yet myself, as it still gets under my skin quite a bit that I have to constantly bite my tongue around the ignorant people in my life, but these forums certainly help to find others that understand the immense suffering we've all been thrust into.

UnfoldingSky
22 hours ago, KindredSpiritKanada said:

Darn, so sorry to hear you have a lot of what I call 'street psychiatrists' to deal with. I wish more people could understand that what they haven't ever experienced doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If that was the case, many tragedies would simply be invalidated and written out of history, because the majority of people have never had to live through a range of interpersonal tragedies(like prescription induced brain malfunction) or genocides, racism, etc.

I think that most people on here have experiences with unsupportive friends/family too. We're living in a time period of massive denial/ignorance when it comes to the harm caused by psychiatric drugging. I'm not sure if it's some strong denial at the heart of it, but I have a feeling it could be. I think people without lived experience of withdrawal have an unwillingness to ponder and accept the truth that the sanctioned healers of our psyche (mostly the Psychiatrists in the medical profession) in our modern societies may be causing mass suffering for selfish reasons like wealth acquisition over an earnest devotion to help mend the human condition, so that happiness for all people can grow. I know it's hard for people to acknowledge evil things and corruption can exist in a supposedly civil society, but their complacency in turning a blind eye to such issues in my opinion makes it grow more and more all consuming.

I hope you find peace. I haven't yet myself, as it still gets under my skin quite a bit that I have to constantly bite my tongue around the ignorant people in my life, but these forums certainly help to find others that understand the immense suffering we've all been thrust into.

Hi Kindred, I hope you are able to find peace too.  Easier said than done but don't let people grind you down  The truth is the truth even if no one ever believes you.  I also realized way too late into my "long emergency" that I often pretty well begged people to believe me and that doing so gave the power over to them to define what was happening. Not a good situation, in my case.  It really may be better at times not to talk to them about it.  I agree too, that people can't face the depths of corruption going on out there. And people who take them and don't seem to be having an issue with them right now don't want to know the downsides of the pills.  I can't blame them, but it leaves us pretty alone in what we are dealing with.  One way or another though we will muddle through.