a99

Head symptoms

a99

hello

I feel that my emotional and mental symptoms are caused by my physical ones mainly : head pressure and other head symptoms .

Can weird symptoms in head especially head pressure and stiffness cause derealization ,  cognitive problems and feelings of terror ? 

LoveandLight

I feel the same.

LexAnger

I have all types of weirded and very uncomfortable head symptoms, deep bone pain, pins and needling, numbness, pressure, twisted feeling, cloudy, swelling, poking, and others I don't even remember. They change positions and come and goes on hours and minutes. Some of them are companied by brain non functional, paralyzed left side of head, body, severe DR and confusion. I think they are not causing one by the other, instead they are only part of the struggling system and disconnected signals,.

I have been having them all the time daily during my micro taper in years. I'm still tapering and still having them.

When did yours started? Do they have a pattern within a day and over time?

a99

I have all types of weirded and very uncomfortable head symptoms, deep bone pain, pins and needling, numbness, pressure, twisted feeling, cloudy, swelling, poking, and others I don't even remember. They change positions and come and goes on hours and minutes. Some of them are companied by brain non functional, paralyzed left side of head, body, severe DR and confusion. I think they are not causing one by the other, instead they are only part of the struggling system and disconnected signals,.

I have been having them all the time daily during my micro taper in years. I'm still tapering and still having them.

When did yours started? Do they have a pattern within a day and over time?

Mine have always followed me since the first day I took the med but have become more severe since my last CT .

They don't have a pattern . They are just like yours : changing positions and different from hour to hour .

Siskin

My son also experiences head symptoms. He describes it as a feeling that his skull and brain are being pulled outward. When this happens, he asks me to use my hands to press in on the sides of his head. He also sometimes talks about feeling like parts of his brain are turned sideways. He started to complain about it when he was on Risperdal, and it got worse once he was off all meds. It does seem to be happening less frequently with time.

icequeen

If you have "head symptoms" and tingling and fluttering sensation on your head some of you may find that if you press here and there on top of your head you can hear a cracking sound under your fingers. I have this and have spoken to another person who also has it. Some of us actually have something there that we can feel, 

blazesboylan

I have pressure in my head almost constantly. It's generally at its worst at bedtime. I am almost certain that it is caused by Effexor (venlafaxine) dose reductions. There's the tingling/numbness in my left ear too. Also worst by bedtime.

I think perhaps that because I take the Effexor in the morning time, and since it has a short half-life, the blood concentration has become quite low by nighttime. That's just a guess of course.

The pressure started roughly two years ago which is when I first started to taper Effexor. I just hope that it doesn't get worse or that I don't develop any other unmanageable withdrawal symptoms as I continue my tapering.

ZayKayWill

I have the same thing...my head symptoms literally feel like a giant bubble/liquid in the back/right side of my head.  It's been 2 years and it's still exactly the same as it was years ago.  Starting to wonder if I'm ever gonna get better..does anyone else have what I'm feeling?

AliG

There seems to be a lot of different manifestations to do with head symptoms during W/D.  I had tingling and " pins and needles" .  They are gone now. Everyone has a different timeline to healing. It does get better.

ZayKayWill

There seems to be a lot of different manifestations to do with head symptoms during W/D.  I had tingling and " pins and needles" .  They are gone now. Everyone has a different timeline to healing. It does get better.

How long did yours last?  I thought I had a brain tumor honestly.  I got some brain scans and they all came back normal, though.

blazesboylan

I've noticed that the head symptoms aren't so bad recently. This may because I haven't made any changes to my meds in over two months. I have always suspected that the head pressure was related to Effexor reductions. Also, I haven't really experienced the tingling that I was feeling in my left ear at all since my last Effexor reduction. Could there be a connection Sherlock? Yes, I think so Watson   :)

I haven't made any cuts in a while because I haven't been feeling great. A lot of anxiety/depression. Generally related to work. However, I think that I am ready for another Effexor cut very soon as things have settled now thankfully.

Have a good weekend!

uncomfortablynumb

Head pressure and burning brain

Anyone experience this from AD or benzo withdrawal? Anyone recover? Can I do anything for symptom relief?  

For 2.5months now my brain feels like it has been in a vice with acid poured on it.  

Edited by Songbird
add title

DaisyBell

Hi Uncomfortablynumb,  I'm not a moderator nor a medical professional, but I have felt similar symptoms.  I found fish oil rich in DHA and EPA (2000-3000 mg in those combined active ingredients a day) is likely to calm the electric fire felt in your brain.  I know when I go off of fish oil I get zaps, and a physical feeling of activity in parts of the brain - it's strange to explain and even worse to feel..Magnesium is very calming for the brain and muscles too.... there's other parts on this site that deal with brain zaps. You may find them useful.

uncomfortablynumb

Hey DaisyBell, 

I am not sure if these are really brain zaps. I had what I think are zaps when I got off Effexor and Remeron. Like intermittent waves of electricity flowing and weird sensations in the brain. What I am experiencing now I believe is from the Ativan withdrawal - it is a crushing, squeezing head pressure that is constant.   

I could try and up my fish oil dose and see if there is a difference.   Wonder what is causing this symptom? Tightening of head muscles or something wonky with nerves.  

Why

hi. i had those head pressure (not zaps, just pressure and a bit of burning) as well 4-5 months ago and they lasted for 1-2 months.

The spot where i felt the pressure  changed over days but mostly i had this problem on the left side of my head.

I can tell you i don't experience this anymore.

It simply disappeared and i think it will be like this for you too. stay strong

hennie86

I have this too in benzo withdrawal. These sensations stopped for a while until they started again. I have burning sensation in my head and feeling of head pressure sometimes 24/7. It feels awful and scary! I am so scared it will be permanent after psych meds and is some kind of brain damage.  I haven't felt these sensations before meds, ever. The worst part is I don't know what causes it. I know that sleeping enough helps with it. Sleep deprivation makes these sensations come back

I haven't used fish oil for a long time but I am thinking if I start using it again.

I have experienced brain zaps in AD and benzo withdrawal but this feels different.

bgoggles1

Can anyone relate? My doctor took me off Zoloft 7 months ago and tried to cross taper me over to Lexapro. I had a pretty bad reaction. I was unable to reinstate any SSRI. Since then, I have experienced extreme anxiety. That is getting better however; the head symptoms are unbelievable. I'm experiencing extreme head pressure, brain fog, terrible headaches that go from the back of my head to the front. I'm still also experiencing intense brain zaps. It feels as if my head has been hit with a sledgehammer. is it normal for the head symptoms to last this long?. They tried to put me on Lexapro 2 months ago at a very low dose but I did not do well at that. I had a kindling reaction. I also to experience intense, weird brain sensations such as intense dizziness and almost like a falling sensation when I walk. Seems as if my brain is bouncing up and hitting the sides of my head. Is this normal with withdrawal? Do you think I need to be concerned about something else. Will this eventually subside? Also, does anyone experience flashes of light in the morning when waking up? It says almost if a flashlight is going off in my head. This is also pretty scary.

PoetJester

hey bgoggles,

i have some of the things you mentioned.  i was on zoloft and zyprexa for 14 years and stopped it cold turkey in 2014.  i only had the brain zaps for about 2 months after quitting the drugs, but since then, my sleep has been awful and i do often have the feeling like there is no buffer for my brain inside my head.  it's almost like it rattles around in there sometimes.  Also, on really bad stretches of days,  it's like my whole body vibrates with every step i take., especially on sidewalks.   it's kind of hard to explain.  i have had the sledgehammer to the head feeling quite a bit, too, which for me, anyways, coincides with really poor quality of sleep the night before.  i had days in 2015 and 2016 where my sleep was so shallow and depressed that it felt like i hadn't been breathing during the night for my 4-5 hours of sleep.   it felt like i had run head first into  a wall to put myself asleep for the night.  hang-over like.  i would have a very hard time getting breakfast and coffee made the next morning.  the hangover feeling is pretty common in wd.   it's usually referred to as "dead head".   it makes havoc with short term memory and other cognitve functions.   there have been plenty of mornings where it feels like pieces of my frontal lobe are actually missing due to just how depressed and poor my sleep is.   i also occasionally have the sensation of falling into the floor some days when i walk.  it's pretty concerning.   

i  tried remeron this past year because my sleep had been so bad to the point i couldn't really function anymore   after starting the remeron, i have been having intense feelings of brain swelling.  it seems to be related to constant bloating and constipation cycles that i am going through now.   about everything other day, it feels like my brain is swelling against my skull.  i get highly irritable and feel miserable and have difficulty concentrating.   its awful.  i was thinking it could be a gluten sensitivity or also possibly a build up of ammonia in the blood.   i am not really sure, but the brain swelling is terrible on days when i am backed up. 

i have had a lot of strange visual disturbances inside my head as my health and sleep deteriorate.  they are pretty difficult to explain sometimes.  i  do suffer severely from hypnagogic hallucinations which are brought on by sleep deprivation and depression.    it's just instantaneous dreaming as soon as i close my eyes to try to sleep.  Usually it's nightmarish stuff i see and have to pull myself awake after about  a minute or two of "sleep" .   like  as soon as i close my eyes, i will  start to dream i am walking up to the side of a deep bottomless hole or the edge of a cliff or i am walking down a road and a semi truck with headlights is bearing down on me.   these dreams start within a few minutes of closing my eyes and more often than not keep me out of sleep.  it's been pretty horrible. 

poetjester.

grandmaD

sorry to hear about your trauma and head issues and yes it is very frightening, to say the least.  Yes, I have had intense head pressure all the way through w/d, along with vibrating heads, brain fog, sore heads(very painful to touch scalp), headaches, pain from my right shoulder up my beck and up into my head, migraines, "head banging" sensation.

Irritability, not being able to focus and not sleep are also w/d symptoms.

I went from Paxil to Lexapro with disastrous results.  Doctors have no idea that "switching" you to a different a/d helps.  THEY DON'T ALL WORK THE SAME.   I was then "switched" to two others with same results and then I CT and went into hell.  I went back on the original drug, full dose I had been on for 17/18 years and was amazingly recovered within several days.  That was when the penny dropped and I knew I was addicted to this poison.

It sounds like you are in w/d from your CT.  You might want to re-instate to lexapro and do a 10% taper after you have stabilised.  I had been off my original drug for at least 6 months when I re-instated.  Read up about re-instating and doing a slow taper.  It is much easier on the brain.

I have never heard anyone have the same trauma I experienced with the "sledgehammer" until these two posts.  I call it "headbanging" and it is like someone bashing you in the side of the head with a piece of 4x2 (timber) - excruciating and frightening.

Hopefully a moderator will be along soon to advise you also.

bgoggles1

Thank you for the replies. I was originally on Zoloft, not Lexapro. But they tried me on Lexapro after the Zoloft. If I was to reinstate anything it would be the Zoloft. However. Because of my reaction to Lexapro. I'm pretty scared to start any other SSRI at this point. I think my nervous system took a pretty hard hit.I just feel like I need to endure this for more time. I've noticed things have improved but the head symptoms are still there pretty badly. I get a lot of head rushes in the morning, dizziness in the brain. And that head banging sensation. I am hoping and positive that this will improve in time. If there's anyone else that has had this experience with the head symptoms, please explain. It's so encouraging to hear other people's stories in regards to head symptoms during withdrawal. 

grandmaD

Boggles, my apology, I meant Zoloft, the original drug! 

You could persist, and especially if you were not on Zoloft for very long, you would have more success.  In my case I was on the original drug for 17 years.

rupa

Dear PoetJester

On 1/30/2018 at 11:21 AM, PoetJester said:

hey bgoggles,

i have some of the things you mentioned.  i was on zoloft and zyprexa for 14 years and stopped it cold turkey in 2014.  i only had the brain zaps for about 2 months after quitting the drugs, but since then, my sleep has been awful and i do often have the feeling like there is no buffer for my brain inside my head.  it's almost like it rattles around in there sometimes.  Also, on really bad stretches of days,  it's like my whole body vibrates with every step i take., especially on sidewalks.   it's kind of hard to explain.  i have had the sledgehammer to the head feeling quite a bit, too, which for me, anyways, coincides with really poor quality of sleep the night before.  i had days in 2015 and 2016 where my sleep was so shallow and depressed that it felt like i hadn't been breathing during the night for my 4-5 hours of sleep.   it felt like i had run head first into  a wall to put myself asleep for the night.  hang-over like.  i would have a very hard time getting breakfast and coffee made the next morning.  the hangover feeling is pretty common in wd.   it's usually referred to as "dead head".   it makes havoc with short term memory and other cognitve functions.   there have been plenty of mornings where it feels like pieces of my frontal lobe are actually missing due to just how depressed and poor my sleep is.   i also occasionally have the sensation of falling into the floor some days when i walk.  it's pretty concerning.   

i  tried remeron this past year because my sleep had been so bad to the point i couldn't really function anymore   after starting the remeron, i have been having intense feelings of brain swelling.  it seems to be related to constant bloating and constipation cycles that i am going through now.   about everything other day, it feels like my brain is swelling against my skull.  i get highly irritable and feel miserable and have difficulty concentrating.   its awful.  i was thinking it could be a gluten sensitivity or also possibly a build up of ammonia in the blood.   i am not really sure, but the brain swelling is terrible on days when i am backed up. 

i have had a lot of strange visual disturbances inside my head as my health and sleep deteriorate.  they are pretty difficult to explain sometimes.  i  do suffer severely from hypnagogic hallucinations which are brought on by sleep deprivation and depression.    it's just instantaneous dreaming as soon as i close my eyes to try to sleep.  Usually it's nightmarish stuff i see and have to pull myself awake after about  a minute or two of "sleep" .   like  as soon as i close my eyes, i will  start to dream i am walking up to the side of a deep bottomless hole or the edge of a cliff or i am walking down a road and a semi truck with headlights is bearing down on me.   these dreams start within a few minutes of closing my eyes and more often than not keep me out of sleep.  it's been pretty horrible. 

poetjester.

Dear poetjester did remeron made hypnagogic hallucinations completely go away?sleep quality improved?

PoetJester
15 hours ago, rupa said:

Dear PoetJester

Dear poetjester did remeron made hypnagogic hallucinations completely go away?sleep quality improved?

Hi Rupa,

it did.  the remeron helped with the hypnagogia, but there were all sort of side effects from it.  i had headaches and blurry vision within a day or two of starting the drug.  it also felt like the pill wiped out most of my motivation/will and emotions.  it's a bad trade off, but i was in a bad spot by this summer when i started it.  i would sit at my computer most days this past summer too weak to do much of anything and sweltering in a hot apt without the ability to sleep more than 2 or 3 hours a day  with my bowels hardly working from how depressed i was becoming.  the remeron helped me get past the hypnagogia and sleep about 6-7 hours and even take naps, but it did strange things to my brain/head.  after two months i developed bright red rashes in my armpits that began leaking pus and became very lethargic, unable to leave my apt and run errands or get groceries even though i was sleeping 8-9 hours a day sometimes.  i think i had an allergic reaction to the pill.  there were days i almost didn't feel conscious and two days where i ended sleeping for 20 hours a day,  just continually waking up from 6-7 hours of sleep and after an hour or two going back to sleep.  in a way, it felt good to catch up on sleep considering how little i have gotten the past few years, but the remeron makes me feel a little gross .  i was so lethargic that i couldn't keep up with house chores.  i go between taking it for 4-5 days and then taking a day off because i don't like the way it affects my head.    i even lost the ability to sing after starting it and had voice changes.  i had read of this happening to one other person online, who had been taking the drug and lost the ability to sing high notes.   it's strange. 

if i don't take it, i have one day where there is still some of the drug in my body where i can sleep the next day, but after that the hypnagogia comes back and i only get 2 hours of horrible sleep and then have to sit around all day with a severely weakened body.  it' feels like i could fall over at any time.   my body gets so tight from the poor quality of the sleep that i feel like i am in a vice.  i think sleep deprivation can lead to body acidity/toxicity that makes the muscles tighten up.  i get very weak within a day now with these two hour sleep days after doing it for so long.  i have tried to get the doctor/psychiatrist to may be write me a script for something else for sleep, but my psychiatrist demands in office appts and i am usually too weak to bike across town to see her-  either from the remeron causing fatigue even though i can sleep or else if i don't take it i get too weak from poor sleep quality so i am kind of in a predicament over here.  doctors haven't been very understanding.  

Derek

rupa
2 hours ago, PoetJester said:

Hi Rupa,

it did.  the remeron helped with the hypnagogia, but there were all sort of side effects from it.  i had headaches and blurry vision within a day or two of starting the drug.  it also felt like the pill wiped out most of my motivation/will and emotions.  it's a bad trade off, but i was in a bad spot by this summer when i started it.  i would sit at my computer most days this past summer too weak to do much of anything and sweltering in a hot apt without the ability to sleep more than 2 or 3 hours a day  with my bowels hardly working from how depressed i was becoming.  the remeron helped me get past the hypnagogia and sleep about 6-7 hours and even take naps, but it did strange things to my brain/head.  after two months i developed bright red rashes in my armpits that began leaking pus and became very lethargic, unable to leave my apt and run errands or get groceries even though i was sleeping 8-9 hours a day sometimes.  i think i had an allergic reaction to the pill.  there were days i almost didn't feel conscious and two days where i ended sleeping for 20 hours a day,  just continually waking up from 6-7 hours of sleep and after an hour or two going back to sleep.  in a way, it felt good to catch up on sleep considering how little i have gotten the past few years, but the remeron makes me feel a little gross .  i was so lethargic that i couldn't keep up with house chores.  i go between taking it for 4-5 days and then taking a day off because i don't like the way it affects my head.    i even lost the ability to sing after starting it and had voice changes.  i had read of this happening to one other person online, who had been taking the drug and lost the ability to sing high notes.   it's strange. 

if i don't take it, i have one day where there is still some of the drug in my body where i can sleep the next day, but after that the hypnagogia comes back and i only get 2 hours of horrible sleep and then have to sit around all day with a severely weakened body.  it' feels like i could fall over at any time.   my body gets so tight from the poor quality of the sleep that i feel like i am in a vice.  i think sleep deprivation can lead to body acidity/toxicity that makes the muscles tighten up.  i get very weak within a day now with these two hour sleep days after doing it for so long.  i have tried to get the doctor/psychiatrist to may be write me a script for something else for sleep, but my psychiatrist demands in office appts and i am usually too weak to bike across town to see her-  either from the remeron causing fatigue even though i can sleep or else if i don't take it i get too weak from poor sleep quality so i am kind of in a predicament over here.  doctors haven't been very understanding.  

Derek

Hi PoetJester ,I am very happy to know that you got rid of hypnagogic after suffering long time.You are very brave. How much m.g of remeron are you taking?Try slow tapering until you reach the dose,where sleep quality will be okay and day time side effects subside.My heart goes out after reading your trouble.Please update your signature.

PoetJester

Hi Rupa

i take 15mg of remeron.  i probably need to switch over to something else all together.   My armpits are smelling like pus again after several days back on it (i had taken a week off the drug and my rash had cleared up but then i became too weak to leave the computer after several 1-2 hour sleep days and had to start taking it again)

9 hours ago, rupa said:

Hi PoetJester ,You are very brave. How much m.g of remeron are you taking?Try slow tapering until you reach the dose,where sleep quality will be okay and day time side effects subside.My heart goes out after reading your trouble.

, so i think i am allergic to the med and i wake up without much brain activity.  it's awful, i feel almost brain dead when i wake from remeron.  i feel a little better after some coffee, but its' still not good and getting worse.    it's just hard tor me to see doctors.  they have made everything like jumping through hoops for me even though i am terribly ill these days.  I noticed that you had seen a little improvement sleep wise, has it continued?

Poetjester

rupa
10 hours ago, PoetJester said:

Hi Rupa

i take 15mg of remeron.  i probably need to switch over to something else all together.   My armpits are smelling like pus again after several days back on it (i had taken a week off the drug and my rash had cleared up but then i became too weak to leave the computer after several 1-2 hour sleep days and had to start taking it again)

, so i think i am allergic to the med and i wake up without much brain activity.  it's awful, i feel almost brain dead when i wake from remeron.  i feel a little better after some coffee, but its' still not good and getting worse.    it's just hard tor me to see doctors.  they have made everything like jumping through hoops for me even though i am terribly ill these days.  I noticed that you had seen a little improvement sleep wise, has it continued?

Poetjester

My sleep deteriorated.I am stuck at 2.5 m.g olanzapine.I don’t know how to taper further as my sleep is not good.I hardly get 4 hours sleep these days.15m.g remeron is too much Derek,why don’t you taper slowly until the dose you feel comfortable.

TryingToHoldOn
On 1/29/2018 at 8:20 PM, bgoggles1 said:

Can anyone relate? My doctor took me off Zoloft 7 months ago and tried to cross taper me over to Lexapro. I had a pretty bad reaction. I was unable to reinstate any SSRI. Since then, I have experienced extreme anxiety. That is getting better however; the head symptoms are unbelievable. I'm experiencing extreme head pressure, brain fog, terrible headaches that go from the back of my head to the front. I'm still also experiencing intense brain zaps. It feels as if my head has been hit with a sledgehammer. is it normal for the head symptoms to last this long?. They tried to put me on Lexapro 2 months ago at a very low dose but I did not do well at that. I had a kindling reaction. I also to experience intense, weird brain sensations such as intense dizziness and almost like a falling sensation when I walk. Seems as if my brain is bouncing up and hitting the sides of my head. Is this normal with withdrawal? Do you think I need to be concerned about something else. Will this eventually subside? Also, does anyone experience flashes of light in the morning when waking up? It says almost if a flashlight is going off in my head. This is also pretty scary.

Bgoggles1,

Head pressure is one of my worst symptoms.  At first,  I had slight pressure in my forehead area that often made me feel like I needed to quint.  Then it evolved into feeling like there was a little animal scurrying around in my forehead area.  Now the pressure is extreme especially in my forehead and temple area.  I also feel like the back of my head is being hit by a sledge hammer.  The pressure in my forehead area feels like it’s physically blocking acces to my cognitive functioning.  This feeling is so weird and disconcerting.  If this would go away and my head would clear I would gladly endure the akathisia, internal vibrations, anxiety, suicidal depression, adrenaline surges, uncontrollable crying, etc.  The head symptoms make me feel like I have cognitive and functional brain damage.  I hope it goes soon, because it’s only gotten worse and i’m 13 months off all meds.

grandmaD

I've had all these head issues for almost 7 years of w/d now and don't seem to be improving.  I've not seen many people complain about the sledge hammer bit, but I have that in the right side and always described it like being hit in the head with a piece of 4 x2.  Lots of head pressure, many headaches each week, migraines, sore heads, head vibrations and the "head bashing".  Now the headache seems to be permanent, sometimes mild but for 10 days in a row moderate to bad with a migraine during that time as well. 

Shehbaz

Hi All,

Can anyone e help with under standing the burning sensation in head while withdrawing from ADs? I feel like my brain is on fire.

Thanks

composter

Glad to find this thread. I have gone through the gamut of head symptoms. These appeared during my acute withdrawal and will come and go (with at least one symptom each day) now that I've reinstated to stabilize.

List of my symptoms as well as what I'm doing to cope:

1. Spacey sensation like my head has a hole in the center and it is floating apart. To cope, I press on the head if my hands are free. If I'm eating I wear a tight headband that helps keep the head in place & keep the hole from growing.

2. Constant coldness in my head. Brain freeze, brain chill. At times it feels there is ice water being poured into the brain. Mostly it is cold no matter the external temperature. I wear ski hats during the day and in bed.

3. Buzzing, vibrating sensation. Perhaps this is the brain zaps. It feels as if the synapses are going haywire and buzzing all at once. When it was very painful (during withdrawal) it felt like bombs going off in the head. Very alarming. I've found that hot packs help to minimize this discomfort. I'll lay down with a heating pad or microwavable hot pack.

Len189

This is just a loose idea, but I remember a person once talked about cold showers helping him with symptoms from AD withdrawal. Does anyone have experience with this or using cold compression or ice etc to relieve symptoms? I will carefully try to experiment a bit with this myself.

My line of thinking goes that since the brain receptors/neurons have become hyper-sensitive due to withdrawal or adverse reactions, maybe cooling the top of your head/brain (maybe entire body?) can help soothe or numb the brain a tiny bit, and thus lower excessive electrical activity / firing of neurons. Basically force the receptors to calm down a bit by cooling them. I like to think of it a bit like the athletes you hear about, that use ice baths after strenous exercise to reduce muscle pain and soreness (and maybe recover faster). Well, my brain feels really sore and like it´s burning some the time, so maybe this could help? Or is it a crazy idea, maybe even counter-productive?

smketdie

I can relate to those. Iam having constant weird feelings in my brain . I get shakes,neck pain, weird electrical things like one part of my head gets relaxed, squeezing  pressure and pain occasionaly. Hypersensitivity iş another problem

I have been like this for a year now. I really want out but cant find a way. Tried reinstating which gave me my first couple of attacks. ı hope this is not permanent