MeAngel Prozac Withdrawal Help.

MeAngel

Angel . It's probably withdrawal , but have you looked into gluten , yet ?   Also , exercise intolerance is a real thing in withdrawal.  I crashed big time. I was a " gym bunny " .  We have to listen to our body . I learned this the hard way . I thought I was invincible.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MeAngel

• scallywag

• JanCarol

• PatriciaVP

Top Posters In This Topic

AliG,

Oh, I see. I may have pushed too hard. I will go very slow and gentle next time. Hopefully that helps. I am aware of gluten--I try to avoid it in foods--makes me bloat in my tummy. In fact, I rarely eat carbs at all, nor processed carbs/foods. My carb of choice is brown rice. That's pretty much it.

HOWEVER, for the past 5 days I've been giving into my extreme cravings for chocolate. Perhaps that is also contributing to thr rise/return in headaches. Too much sugar. Cortisol spikes.

On Prozac (Fluoxetine) 10 mg for 4 months Jan-May. Stopped cold turkey 5 weeks ago. Currently experiencing some withdrawal symptoms. No other SSRI history. First psych med experience.

Yes , you have to try be gentle with everything that you do . Sugar can exacerbate symptoms as well. Sometimes I think it can be the magnesium in chocolate that we crave. Maybe,  check that you're getting enough magnesium. It is a recommended supplement here and one that I have used extensively and has helped enormously . 

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Thanks AliG!

On Prozac (Fluoxetine) 10 mg for 4 months Jan-May. Stopped cold turkey 5 weeks ago. Currently experiencing some withdrawal symptoms. No other SSRI history. First psych med experience.

I am plagued mentally with thoughts that I will never be the same after experiencing what I now know to be called the "chemical lobotomy" that is psych drugs.

From what I understand, the only drugs that produce the lobotomizing effect are the anti-psychotics. Since you've only taken antidepressants, this shouldn't be a problem. I was actually prescribed an anti-psychotic for sleep if you can believe that. Fortunately it was only "as needed" and I never felt I needed it.

My neurologist just offered me Depakote.

Oh for Pete's sake! Depakote is actually a anti-seizure medication used as a "mood stabilizer". I was actually on it for a while all it did was make me tired. I trust you turned the neurologist down?

PatriciaVP@AbleWriterSays My Intro

Zoloft 150-200 mg- on and off between 1998 and 2004.

Lexapro 40 mg - 2004-2013 30 mg 2013 - August 2015 20 mg August 2015- September 2015 15 mg September 2015 - October 2015 10 mg October 2015 -Nov. 1 2015. Nov. 2015 increased dose to 12.5 mg to stabilize. Dec. 28 2015 11.25 mg March 29, 2016 10 mg. August 1, 2016 9 mg. October 23, 2016 8.1 mg. Nov. 29, 2016 7.5 mg. Feb. 25, 2017 7 mg. April 9, 2017 6.5 mg. June 2017 6 mg. Aug. 2018 5.75 mg March 2019 5.5 mg Apr. 2019 5.25 mg. June 2019 5 mg Sept. 2019 4.75 mg Nov. 2019 4.5 mg Dec. 2019  4.25 April 7 2020 4mg 

Depakote 1000 mg 2008-2013  750 2013-Dec 2015 500 mg Dec 2015 to Feb 2, 2016. Sopped completely Feb 2 2016.

Adderall 40mg 2004-Feb 29, 2016. Feb 29,2016 - reduced Adderall to 20 mg based on pdoc's recommendations. March 29, 2016 - Reduced Adderall to 15 mg. April 30 reduced Adderall to 10 mgs. May 28, 2016 reduced Adderall to 5 mgs.June 8, 2016 stopped taking Adderall due to extreme agitation.

Amphetamine 20mg 2008 - 1/16. 1/16 - Stopped Amphetamine completely because pdoc did not renew script.

WWW.PSYCHFREE.NET 

PatriciaVP

LOL This stuff is so sad that its funny--yes, I turned the neurologist's offer down. I won't be dupped into taking more harmful drugs that easily. I didn't know any better the first time, but I do now. How are you coming along these days?

If it is not necessarily a chemical lobotomy that I have experienced, why am I still unable to feel joy, excitement, or happiness?

Most Bothersome/Persistant Symptoms:

(2 Months In Withdrawal)

Headache/Head Pressure

Blurred/Unfocused vision

Blunted emotions

When does this end? I'm so tired.

The headaches and head pressure are becoming unbearable!

HELP PLEASE! What OTC headache medications are the safest to use in withdrawal???

Just because a drug doesn't produce a lobotomizing effect doesn't mean it doesn't seriously screw with your brain chemicals and wiring. The fact that you went on and off them so quickly can be very traumatizing to the brain. Ask anyone who has had a brain injury and they'll tell you one of the hardest parts of of it is the emotional problems they experience.

That's sort of what these drugs do. Even though our injuries aren't as severe as someone who has sustained a head injury, The symptoms can be very similar. But just as I've seen many people with severe head trauma recover and resume their normal lives, I believe the same will happen for us.

I've been on antidepressants for over 12 years, and I'm still working on tapering off. I'm figuring it will be another two years before I'm fully free, but everyday I see improvements. Right now I spend most of the day completely nauseous which makes accomplishing anything really difficult, but at the same time I'm seeing these breakthroughs. Sitting here and writing this whole thing to you is something I could never have done when I was on all the drugs. I can read whole books again all the way through cover to cover! I thought I had lost that ability forever when I was on the drugs.

I even find hope in the fact that it now bothers me when I can't accomplish things. Before I started the taper, I never accomplished anything either, but I didn't care. Now I actually care! To me that is a clear sign that I am healing. Yes, I'm still wandering in the dessert, but I see glimpses of the promised land. How beautiful those glimpses are!

Have faith my dear Me. Look for those signs of healing. They are there. Hold on to them. Let them fill you with hope and joy. Brighter days are just over the horizon!

Peace, love and healing.

Lexapro 40 mg - 2004-2013 30 mg 2013 - August 2015 20 mg August 2015- September 2015 15 mg September 2015 - October 2015 10 mg October 2015 -Nov. 1 2015. Nov. 2015 increased dose to 12.5 mg to stabilize. Dec. 28 2015 11.25 mg March 29, 2016 10 mg. August 1, 2016 9 mg. October 23, 2016 8.1 mg. Nov. 29, 2016 7.5 mg. Feb. 25, 2017 7 mg. April 9, 2017 6.5 mg. June 2017 6 mg. Aug. 2018 5.75 mg March 2019 5.5 mg Apr. 2019 5.25 mg. June 2019 5 mg Sept. 2019 4.75 mg Nov. 2019 4.5 mg Dec. 2019  4.25 April 7 2020 4mg 

Depakote 1000 mg 2008-2013  750 2013-Dec 2015 500 mg Dec 2015 to Feb 2, 2016. Sopped completely Feb 2 2016.

Adderall 40mg 2004-Feb 29, 2016. Feb 29,2016 - reduced Adderall to 20 mg based on pdoc's recommendations. March 29, 2016 - Reduced Adderall to 15 mg. April 30 reduced Adderall to 10 mgs. May 28, 2016 reduced Adderall to 5 mgs.June 8, 2016 stopped taking Adderall due to extreme agitation.

Amphetamine 20mg 2008 - 1/16. 1/16 - Stopped Amphetamine completely because pdoc did not renew script.

WWW.PSYCHFREE.NET 

PatriciaVP,

I wish I had a fraction of your patience and perseverance. Your faith is amazing. It's harrrrrrrd (put extra emphasis on hard) to remain hopeful right now.

I'm so scared and worried.

I haven't always been this way. I learned the hard way that panicking only lead to more drugs or other treatments that just made matters worse. I'm only patient and persistent because I've tried everything else.

I know how hard it is, but you're doing so well! Have faith in yourself as well.

WWW.PSYCHFREE.NET 

Thank you PatriciaVP ????????????????

Hey everyone,

My head has been hurting BADLY for days. Nothing I do helps. It feels like my whole brain hurts. Then it radiates down to my neck. Sitting up hurts. Laying down hurts.

Please advise me. What can I do to get immediate relief?

I may have to go back to the Emergency Room

• Moderator Emeritus

Is it constantly hurting, or is there some pattern of change through the day?  Have you tried any pain-relief medication yet?  What are your thoughts on reinstation? 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

• Administrator

When did the headaches and head pressure start? Has your symptom pattern changed over the last month?

Acupuncture can be helpful for headache and body pain. Have you tried Epsom salts baths?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

The last few days I have been heafache free. When I am headache free, I am able to see just how much better I am getting. God is healing me, and teaching me many things along the way. Because I have healed this far. I am confident that I will continue to heal over the next few months. I can honestly say that I have hope now.

One day I think I'm healed, the next day I feel like crap.

Is there ANY ONE on this entire site (Yes, Ive read the recovery stories) who is willing to share if they are COMPLETELY healed and no longer are having symptoms?

I'm starting to wonder if this is really a support group or if it's some type of controlled government experiment group that just documents our suffering.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm starting to wonder if this is really a support group or if it's some type of controlled government experiment group that just documents our suffering.

You've received a TON of support here, MeAngel. If you aren't pleased with the support level -- leave.

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Moderator Emeritus

One day I think I'm healed, the next day I feel like crap.

Is there ANY ONE on this entire site (Yes, Ive read the recovery stories) who is willing to share if they are COMPLETELY healed and no longer are having symptoms?

The one day good, one day bad is explained here:

The Waves and Windows Pattern of Stabilization

People do not stay on support sites once they have healed. They move on. They fix everything that was broken due to being on these drugs. The success stories are what we have on this site to document that.

Please read these sections:

Neuro Emotions

"Change the channel" -- dealing with cognitive symptoms

http://palousemindfulness.com/  - this is a free, 8-week long course in mindfulness

https://npanth.wordp...sri-withdrawal/ - this is a great article on SSRI withdrawal and handling anger. 

As far as the possibility of this website being a controlled government experiment group, it's highly unlikely. The government wants you on these drugs, not off. 

"APACE41"

I have NOT received answers for the questions that really matter.

If you don't like my opinion on MY experience on this site--YOU can leave my thread.

• Moderator Emeritus

You post at 1:52 and when you don't get a response by 1:54 you complain and suggest this site is run by the government? I'm only too happy to stay off your thread.

Don't lose sight of the fact this is a volunteer run site that is trying to cater to a great number of people suffering. It is not here solely to respond to your questions.

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

By the way, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT that the governemt cares whether or not you stay on OR off these drugs.

A SINGLE dose is all it takes to damage your brain in ways that may never repair. Those are facts. I've done my research. Some people heal, others are screwed. It only takes one pill.

With that said, all of these people pouring into this site reporting their symptoms and experiences is a brilliant way for the government to keep track of the antidepressant fall out. It's the government. Can't put anything pass them. Oh, and people lie. Not everyone is who they say they are, and not everyone has good intentions even when they say they are trying to "help" you.

That's how we got here. Afterall, weren't the doctors trying to "help" us when they gave us these pills? Look how that turned out.

Oh, and I find it HILARIOUS that the moment I post something that you don't like, in less than 5 minutes you hop in here writing a response. Any other day many of my posts asking for help go unread or unanswered. I guess not unread, because clearly, you are reading them. ;)

• Moderator Emeritus

That's my assessment. Like it or not. It's not neuro emotions. I would say this regardless.

If it's not a neuro emotion and it's not withdrawal, then clearly you are having problems that we are not equipped to answer.

I'm sorry you're struggling right now, but I've given all of the answers I have. I'm sorry if it's not up to your satisfaction, but perhaps we're not the right web forum for you. We can only tell you what we know and offer you non-drug ways of coping. It's up to you to use them. 

As far as people responding to your posts, people are unpredictably online throughout the day. It's an all-volunteer staff and no one sticks to a schedule. We post as we our symptoms allow. 

The links I posted are valid. I use them every day to help me cope with my own withdrawal, but they only work if you read them and implement them. It took a number of months of the mindfulness program before I saw any results. But again, it's up to you to use them. 

Again, perhaps we're simply not the right web forum for you, and I wish you well in finding another one that's up to your satisfaction. 

"Shep"

Clearly you don't understand what I"m saying. Bless you for trying, though.

Lastly, I've read every link that was sent to me and applied where applicable and have thoroughly researched this site and its contents.

My conclusions come after careful consideration and examination of my experiences with this site and its moderators.

This isn't a spur of the moment emotional reaction. This is my assessment.

If you don't agree, then just do like you've been doing--ignore my posts.

Everything I have said about my experience is valid and actually happened. Just because you disagree, doesn't make it any less valid and true.

You guys are actively and clearly trying to undermine my experience here as well as my assessment and feelings.

But this is supposed to be a "support" group, right?

Actually, go ahead and keep posting. You're just proving my points.

Here I am, expecting "normal" human compassion and empathy from people who have been on a cocktail of mind altering drugs for the last 20-30 years.

Silly me.

Never again.

• Moderator Emeritus

You guys are actively and clearly trying to undermine my experience here as well as my assessment and feelings.

But this is supposed to be a "support" group, right?

Actually, go ahead keep posting. You're just proving my points.

We are a support site to a degree, but the primary focus is education and giving tapering advice.

After members are off their meds, the site becomes less effective. Once you no longer need the very difficult and nuanced tapering advice that you simply can't get anywhere else, you may feel this site doesn't offer the kind of social support you need.

Your experience with withdrawal is valid and you have a right to be angry; however, criticizing the moderators and referring to this site as some sort of government conspiracy is what is undermining your experience, not us.

I will caution you about continuing to criticize the moderators, though. Please read this carefully:

What will get you warned or banned

Members and moderators have been extremely supportive of you and have provided more information than you'd get anywhere else. This is a site that Altostratta graciously offers for free and without advertising so that people can get the help they can't get anywhere else.

I credit this site for saving my life, and that's why I volunteer here. 

Again, if you're not happy here, then you're welcome to find another source of support. 

• Administrator

MeAngel, thank you for that good laugh. A government control experiment! :lol:

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

My opinions won't change no matter what you write. The moderators here have been VERY rude to me. Not compassionate at all. Although, some members have been very nice. That is the truth. And this site is VERY questionable and suspect to say the least. A "support" site run by people who lack compassion? I repeat, sounds more like a government experiment.

Your threats to ban me mean nothing. Go right ahead. The truth is the truth regardless of what you do or say.

That's all I have to say. And I meant every bit of what I said. I have no more time to waste here.

That's all I have for this site. I know the truth and so does God.