SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Volunteers for Documentary

Vinna

We are working on a documentary film about the dangers and false promises of psychiatric drugs. We have a team that includes an experienced director who has worked on Oscar nominated films. We hope to reach a mainstream audience with a high quality film that will lead people to question the medical model of treating human suffering and distress with pharmaceutical chemicals. We have great advisors including Bob Whitaker and Laura Delano.  The heart of the film will be survivors' stories of how psychiatric drugs harmed them. We are looking for people willing to share their story on camera. If you are interested please contact us, 

Lynn                  Lynn_p_cunningham@yahoo.com, 917 282 0710

Wendy               wenractliffe@gmail.com

Hi Vinna,

Sounds like a great project.  I don't know if this is a stupid question but would it be possible to be on camera but hide your identity?  I'd like to participate potentially but I can't risk the possible negative fallout of making my identity known. 

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

Hi ! That's not a stupid question ! Yes it would be possible, but it's not very interesting visually to the viewers. So usually in documentaries we only do this for someone speaking for a very short time.  We would potentially do this for a pharmaceutical whistleblower. But

We are  looking for people who want to tell their story and "go public" about what happened to them. I absolutely understand that for some people this is not the right choice for whatever reason. But some people do want to speak  publicly  to be able to warn others, to make their story known, and to speak out. We can give only the first name, and not say where someone lives, to make someone less identifiable, but we do need to show the person and even some aspects of their life to fully share their story. 

but w

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Vinna

I assume you only want US participants?

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

How do we get involved?

April 2016 cut .25 in half and took until April 24, 2016 when i stopped.

March 2016 tapered to .25 until April 2016

Feb 2016 tapered to .50 until March 2016

Jan 16 - tapered to .75 until Feb 2016

Updosed to 10mg Mid May until Dec 2015

Updosed to 7.5mg Mid-April to first of May

Dropped to 5mg in February until mid April

Reupped Paxil to 10mg in Sept 2014 until February 2015.

Started with 3/4 of a pill...to half a pill to 1/4 of a pill by January 2014

Mid summer of 2013 started cutting 10mg. Started to tapper off paxil CR in fall of 2012. Went from 25mg - 12.5mg. January 2013 12.5mg - 10mg of regular paxill.

Prescribed paxil CR 25mg in 2008. Tried to quit cold turkey in fall of 2009. Almost killed me. Back on paxil CR 25mg

Yes, we are looking for US volunteers, as it is very much more expensive to take a film crew overseas. Anyone who is interested to possibly be filmed ( no commitment !) please email us at the addresses above !  We look forward to meeting you !

I don't suppose there's any possibility you are also taking people in Canada? 

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

We would definitely be interested to hear from people in Canada. Please contact one of us at email above if you are willing to share your story and open to possibly being in a film. Thank you !