Fox: Prozac Withdrawal

Hey O2b,

I'm sorry you are still dealing with thyroid issues too. As if withdrawal wasn't bad enough, right?

I went to the dr last week and my endo said to stay on this current does of 137 that she was happy with my numbers, TSH was 3 something...so I will stay here unless I start feeling symptoms. That is the hard part determining what is withdrawal and what is thyroid.

I'm still dealing with anxiety and dizziness, just depends on what hour of the day it is as to what the intensity is. So over it!

I hope you feel better soon. Let me know how you are feeling with the new dose.

Prozac 10 mg 03-15 to 10-15.

Prozac 20 mg 10-15 to 12-15.

Taper prozac 01-16 to 03-16.

Last Prozac 03-14-16.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fox

• O2bhappy

• downtongirl

• scallywag

Top Posters In This Topic

Fox -

I am starting to feel less tired during the day so I think the increase dose is helping.  But, my anxiety is through the roof.  My internal shaking is none stop.  You are right it is hard to tell what is causing the symptoms.  Mine could be withdrawal, thyroid, menopause or the grief of losing my golden retriever six months ago.

I feel like I have taken a turn for the worse with my symptoms.

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Synthroid for hypothyroidism.

Hopefully your levels will even out soon.

My thought the last time I went to the endo was, no matter what my levels were, if they weren't crazy high at least, that I was going to stay at the current dose. I have literally changed doses every 4 to six weeks in the last 18 months. up and down up and down, stop for a week or 2 then up and down, my body has been through so much so I wanted a break. I was so relieved to hear her say that she was happy with my numbers and I didn't have to come back for 4 months. Even though I know if I were to have my labs ran again tomorrow they would be completely different. But unless I feel the need I will wait.

I purchased some magnesium oil spray and have applied it to both feet right before bedtime. Not sure if it has helped or it's the luck of the draw but my anxiety has been low as has the dizziness. I'm due to start my period tomorrow and usually the few days before are bad and this time wasn't. I was a little depressed last night and today but it quickly passed. And its from my son being away as he just joined the army.

Praying you get some relief soon!

Last Prozac 03-14-16.

Fox -

Thank you for the prayers.  I greatly appreciate them.  I am really struggling right now. 

I am glad to hear that your endo isn't changing your medicine right now.  I think your body needs time to adjust to all the changes.

Where did you purchase the magnesium oil?  Does it help with anxiety?  I am at the point that I will try anything to feel better.  I think I must be in a bad wave right now.  I have felt worse over the past couple of weeks. 

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Sorry for the delay. I ordered it off of Amazon.....it's Asutra brand....and yes I really think it has been helping, with. It's anxiety and dizziness.

Hoping you get some relief soon.

Last Prozac 03-14-16.

Fox -

Thanks for getting back with me.  I will look on amazon and see about ordering. 

I have tried essential oils, but I do not think that they are helping me.  Time to try something else. 

Let me know what you think. I will say that I'm going to be using it somewhere else besides my feet, it is drying them out really really bad to the point of peeling.

Last Prozac 03-14-16.

I was wondering if I should start slow with the magnesium and see how I react.  I am thinking about starting out with an Epson salt foot soak and see how I do.  I am very sensitive to medicine and supplements and I wonder if I would have the same reaction to the spray as you are having.  Plus I am sure that soaking my feet will be relaxing.  :)

Good idea!

Last Prozac 03-14-16.

• 3 weeks later...

I am well over due for an update.......

The dizziness is still present, but only at times and no where near as bad. The big thing is it only comes and goes and no longer all day every day for days at a time. This is a HUGE deal for me and I am so thankful and hopeful that it stays this way. Anxiety has subsided for the most part. I havent had any instances where I couldn't sit down or be calm, and no panic attacks in very long while so this is a big improvement for me too. But the dizziness is what has had the biggests hold on me through all of this so I am very happy that it is giving mea break. I won't dare say that it is gone for good, I have learned my lesson with that lol

I have recently been experiencing joint pain, redness, swelling, and hot to the touch in random joints. Literally from day to day it will be different. From one wrist to the other, shoulder to shoulder, knee to ankle. So I finally broke down and went to the dr as bad as I hated to. I was just so drained of drs over the last almost two years with this withdrawal and my thyroid. Anyway, I tested positive for rheumatoid arthritis and negative for lupus. Went to a rheumatologist and she is now testing me again for lupus and the ra, some special test that I am sure she is getting paid to give me. Now waiting 7 days for those results so will update with those later. The joint pain is improving and I can't help but think that Prozac is playing some part in this new problem I am having. I guess I will never know.

I hope you all are doing well in your recovery and I will update again soon. Hugs to all.

Last Prozac 03-14-16.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the update - I hope things are getting better now.

I'm also withdrawing from fluoxetine - its hard! Reading your story inspires me to keep going.

Sending you much light!

• Fluoxetine 40 mg: Sep 2014 - Dec 2014 (Cold Turkey)
  • Fluoxetine 60 mg: Mar 2015 - Apr 2017 (Cold Turkey) 
  • Fluoxetine 10 mg: 21 Sep 2017 (Reinstated)
  • Fluoxetine 05 mg: 23 Sep 2017 (Adjusted Down)
  • Fluoxetine 15 mg: 28 Sep 2017 (Adjusted Up)
  • Fluoxetine 20 mg: 29 Sep 2017 (Adjusted Up)
  • Fluoxetine 05 mg: 30 Sep 2017 (Adjusted Down)

Currently taking: Fluoxetine 05 mg, Doxylamine (for insomnia)Multivitamin, Magnesium, Omega 3 Fish Oil & Flax Oil, Green Powder Mix.

"If you fail ten times, do not be disheartened. If you should fail a hundred times, rise up and pursue your way. If you should fail a thousand times, do not despair. When the right Path is entered, success is sure if the Path is not utterly abandoned."

- James Allen