SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

High Ammonia Nitrogen Urea Levels

Christian

Hi,
I'm just curious it anyone has been tested for that and if the results came back "high." A naturopath provided the test for me and said its usually an indicator for inflammation or liver issues.

I'm following up with my GP and a neourologist. Thoughts ?

Edited by KarenB
moved from Intro forum

Lexapro: started in 2002 at 10 mgs.

Ambien: started as a as needed sleep aid in 2010.

Quit Lexapro cold turkey in June 20015 due to contributing to low sodium issues.

Restarted Lexapro in late November for a week (only 5 mgs) but quit due to dizziness side effects. Side effects worsened for 3 weeks until

12/24/15: Protracted WD hit, experienced extreme anxiety, insomnia lack of full concentration and social challenges.

Reinstated Lexapro on 1/1/16 at 5 mgs. Increased per Dr to 7.5 MG. Tapered off Lexapro in March 2016.

Started 50MG of Seroquel in late January 2016 for bedtime to help in eliminate Ambien. Tapered off both Seroquel and Ambien in March 2016.

2/14/16: Prescribed both Remeron (15 MG) and Temazapam (15 MG) for sleep. Also use Klonopin and Ambien again in place of Temazapam to avoid addiction. However I did take Temazapam 60 straight days

6/15/16: Stopped use of all benzo's and now use Belsomra 1-2 times a week. Still on 15 MG of Remeron

10/11/16: Off all psych medications

After kindling, trying to regain my strength suffering from severe mental and physical fatigue.

I remember talking to someone who quit Zoloft who had high ammonia levels in his blood. It was tested by his doctor. He had a rough withdrawal with many problems - nausea, headache, stiffness, shortness of breath, very thick and sticky mucus and saliva and skin thickening but recovered completely in about three years.  It could very well be that many of us have or have had high ammonia and nitrogen but how many are actually tested for it? Not many, I suppose since the doctors don't believe us. 

Online is says that high levels of ammonia is either cirrhosis of the liver or ecephalitis. Ironically, I know two people who were in WD who were diagnosed with toxic encephalitis. Much to both of those doctors surprise, both patients improved considerably. Looking at the different types of encephalogy it seems the hepatic one is closest to WD. Or at least my WD. Lastly, high ammonia levels seem to point to low serotonin levels, among other things.

Lexapro: started in 2002 at 10 mgs.

Ambien: started as a as needed sleep aid in 2010.

Quit Lexapro cold turkey in June 20015 due to contributing to low sodium issues.

Restarted Lexapro in late November for a week (only 5 mgs) but quit due to dizziness side effects. Side effects worsened for 3 weeks until

12/24/15: Protracted WD hit, experienced extreme anxiety, insomnia lack of full concentration and social challenges.

Reinstated Lexapro on 1/1/16 at 5 mgs. Increased per Dr to 7.5 MG. Tapered off Lexapro in March 2016.

Started 50MG of Seroquel in late January 2016 for bedtime to help in eliminate Ambien. Tapered off both Seroquel and Ambien in March 2016.

2/14/16: Prescribed both Remeron (15 MG) and Temazapam (15 MG) for sleep. Also use Klonopin and Ambien again in place of Temazapam to avoid addiction. However I did take Temazapam 60 straight days

6/15/16: Stopped use of all benzo's and now use Belsomra 1-2 times a week. Still on 15 MG of Remeron

10/11/16: Off all psych medications

After kindling, trying to regain my strength suffering from severe mental and physical fatigue.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy