Marsha

Do you believe chronic damage can end? There is a way out.

Gridley
On 3/21/2019 at 12:10 PM, papaloapan said:

The title of this thread: "Do you believe chronic damage can end? There is a way out." would be credible if someone in SA was in a long tapering of psychiatric drugs, that he/she went through severe and prolonged anguish and now he/she feels good, either now he/she already got off all his/her psych drugs or now he/she is in a very small dose, close to getting off them completely.

Read Brassmonkey's thread.  He tapered off 40mg of Paxil over a 5 1/2 year period, has been completely off for over a year, and is enjoying life and traveling the world.  As his thread indicates, it wasn't easy but it is do-able.

papaloapan
53 minutes ago, Gridley said:

As his thread indicates, it wasn't easy but it is do-able.

Is his thread "Tao of the Brassmonkey" which is at the Success stories? 

Gridley
1 minute ago, papaloapan said:

Is his thread "Tao of the Brassmonkey" which is at the Success stories? 

Yes.

Marsha

I started my taper in February 2013. It has not been an easy journey. I has been quite difficult. However, I now feel much better and am at a very small dose of my last remaining drug. My faith in God and my hope for a bright future has remained intact. I especially find helpful songs based on Bible scripture many of which I sing and read and listen to daily. It's what I have found that continues to sustain me. Isaiah 41:10 is one of  my favorite scriptures. Each of us decides for ourselves what helps us. My personal experience has been what is stated at philippians 4:6,7. "Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving, let your petitions be made known to God, and the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and mental powers by means of Christ Jesus." 

• Like 2

Marsha

Does God have empathy? Empathy is defined as "the ability to share someone else's feelings or experiences by imagining what it would be like to be in that person's situation." 

The scriptures assure us:

"You will call, and Jehovah will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say. 'Here I am!' (Isaiah 58:9)

"Do collect my tears in your skin bottle. Are they not recorded in your book?" (Psalm 56:8) "He heals the brokenhearted," wrote the psalmist. "He binds up their wounds." (Psalm 147:3)

God promises: "Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be anxious, for I am your God. I will fortify you, yes, I will help you." (Isaiah 41:10) 

• Like 1

Marsha

Soon rhe long-awaited Kingdom of God--will bring peace and harmony to the earth. 

When Jesus was on earth, he gave us a preview of what he will do as King of God's Kingdom. He healed the sick and the disabled. Matthew 4:23. He fed many thousands. Mark 6:35-44. He even controlled the natural elements. Mark 4:37-41.

Above all, Jesus taught people how to live together in peace and harmony. Fine examples of Jesus teachings can be found in what is known as the Sermon on the Mount, found in Matthew chapters 5-7. The words are simple but the message is profound and truly touches the heart. 

Marsha

God will stop all suffering.

"Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; you will look at where they were, and they will not be there. But the meek will possess the earth, and they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace." Psalm 37:10, 11

"'I well know the thoughts that I am thinking toward you,' declares Jehovah, 'thoughts of peace, and not of calamity, to give you a future and a hope. And you will call me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. '"--Jeremiah 29:11,12