SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

caminhodosol: I take so many remedies that do not know how withdrawal of levodopa. I do not have Parkinson

caminhodosol

I am 89 y.o. Depressed about 40 years. Now After about 3 years (begin in 2013) of take remedies to Parkinson, some doctor say me : you have no Parkinson. "Must to left levodopa". My question is:"I take so many remediesand i do not know how withdrawal of levodopa. I do not have Parkinson"

Pristiq 100mg 1 mounth - desvenlafaxine that was substituted Venlift OD 75mg-venlafaxina - 3 years

Prolopa 100/25 mg 1/2 composição. 4xday - levodopa - 4 anos

Concor 1.25mg 1 compr./day -bisoprolol  -  2 mounths

FRONTAL 0,25MG- ALPRAZOLAN - 3 years

Daflon 1000  1 compr./day - multivitamínic  one year

Vitergan zinc PL 1 comp./day - 2 mounths

Neovite Luteína 1 comp./day-multivitaminics - 5 years

Cranberry CR 1 sachê / at night - oxicoco - 3 years

Depression 40 years after my mother died and it more intensified 3 years after, my unic son died too.

Thank you to all. God bless you all

Pristiq 100mg 1 mounth - desvenlafaxine that was substituted Venlift OD 75mg-venlafaxina - 3 years

Prolopa 100/25 mg 1/2 composição. 4xday - levodopa - 4 anos

Concor 1.25mg 1 compr./day -bisoprolol  -  2 mounths

FRONTAL 0,25MG- ALPRAZOLAN - 3 years

Daflon 1000  1 compr./day - multivitamínic  one year

Vitergan zinco PL 1 compr./day - 2 mounths

Neovite Luteína 1 compr./day-multivitaminics - 5 years

Cranberry CR 1 sachê / at night - oxicoco - 3 years

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome caminhodosol,

I'm sorry your doctor has made you confused about your medication.

Levodopa is usually prescribed for Parkinson's Disease and this is not an illness that just goes away. Why did your doctor give you levodopa? Were you told you have PD?

How are you feeling now? Did this medication help you to feel better? Are you sleeping well? Do you have any other symptoms besides depression?

Please don't just stop taking your Levodopa, stopping it too fast can lead to withdrawal symptoms, even if you don't have PD, it needs to be tapered slowly if you are going to stop taking it, your doctor should have explained this and given you information about how to taper it properly.

Our general recommendation here is to reduce by 10% per month for psychiatric drugs, this is a good rate of tapering which usually avoids withdrawal and would probably work well with Levodopa, by making a small reduction and waiting for a month, you can see how its going to effect you.

Please stay in touch and let us know how you are.

Petunia.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes