Now I fully understand what it means when someone says: My bones hurt! And boy! Do they hurt!!!!!

That's the 'gift' i got from my latest wave. Ordered some calcium in case it helps. 

May 2012 – 10mg Lexapro, 10mg Olanzapine, 75 mg Venlafaxine

April 2015 – 20mg Lexapro, 200 mg Lithium, 75 Setraline

May 2015 started weaning off - medication free at beginning of August 2015.

Beginning of September 2015 reinstated to 20 mg of Lexapro after miscarriage. 

October – December 2015 – from 20 to 10 mg of Lexapro – no problems.

25th December 2015 – from 10 to 5 mg Lexapro – some withdrawal – mainly physical, did not even realised it was withdrawal.

22nd March 2016 – stopped Lexapro completely and withdrawal hit after few days – mainly physical symptoms – fatigue, muscle and joint aches, digestive issues, feeling faint, weak and dizzy. Very mild anxiety. 

Mid April 2016 – reinstated 2.5 mg of Lexapro

Mid July 2016 - switched to liquid Lexapro and increased the dose to 3mg after bad anxiety started.

January 2017 - hospitalised after period triggered paralysing anxiety. Upped the dose to 10 mg. 

My hormones seem to be completely off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Katch

• PatriciaVP

• AliG

• SquirrellyGirl

Top Posters In This Topic

I really had enough! I’m mentally exhausted from pushing through this. I so wish I did not have to but I have to work.  All I want to do is cuddle up in bed for at least a week and don’t move a muscle and just let my body do whatever hell it wants to do as long as I don’t have to do anything, think about anything and talk to anybody. Nothing,  just long mental break from having to deal with the life outside of this.  My mental stamina had it! 

25th December 2015 – from 10 to 5 mg Lexapro – some withdrawal – mainly physical, did not even realised it was withdrawal.

22nd March 2016 – stopped Lexapro completely and withdrawal hit after few days – mainly physical symptoms – fatigue, muscle and joint aches, digestive issues, feeling faint, weak and dizzy. Very mild anxiety. 

Mid July 2016 - switched to liquid Lexapro and increased the dose to 3mg after bad anxiety started.

January 2017 - hospitalised after period triggered paralysing anxiety. Upped the dose to 10 mg. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Have you been keeping notes of your symptoms and when you take your doses? If so, please post your notes for the last few days here in your intro thread. Let's see if we can help you troubleshoot and figure out a next step.

If you haven't been keeping notes, please keep notes on paper of your symptoms and the times of your dose(s). This post has a useful format for a daily log:
Take notes of doses and symptoms

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Hi scallywag,

I only take 3mg of Lexapro every morning  and have been for a while. I’m refusing to start tapering further until I feel ready and I don’t.

I stopped keeping log of my symptoms because it led to nothing – just too much self observation and analysis that drove me insane and made me anxious.

I also do not try to figure out anymore what triggers the waves because at the end of the day it is always just a guess plus each wave seem to be triggered by something else.  I also learned the best way to deal with the wave is just to get out of its way and let it run its course.

I’m in kind of weird state of mind where I feel I could cope with my wave if I only I did not have to worry about anything else.  As I said, I’m tired of pushing myself.  And I really only push myself where I need to – mainly work. It feels like my waves are getting better but my tolerance to them is getting lower. I guess,  it’s just been too long. Hence my wish of having one week just with my duvet where the only problem i have is the wave. Just one week to get some mental rest from the other pressures. Just to regroup. :)

• Moderator Emeritus

Got it.  I probably misinterpreted your post as a question rather than an update. :blush:

A week with under the duvet sounds delightful. In my version of that fantasy there would be deliveries of tea or hot chocolate on demand. ;)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

hahaha. You just made me fantasize! Tea, hot chocolate, feet rubs, massages, meals cooked....... I'd better wake up :) and stick with my very modest demand of just me, my duvet, one week......... :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I had a week long window and then went for my thyroid checkup where i was told the results of the biopsy of my thyroid are 'suspicious'. That was not a news to me but the way this new doctor talked to me just freaked me out..... and that obviously triggered another wave. I don't even know anymore if my anxiety is withdrawal anxiety or I'm freaking about the damn thyroid. But my legs are hurting again, I have pressure in my teeth....and I have started to take some propolis so wave is definitely on.  But the anxiety is particularly bad today. Hasn't been this bad for a while. 

I just want to be ok for a while. Not even happy. Just ok. I want to worry about what to wear to work, not about if I can make it work.......you know, that kind of stuff.

8 months and somehow I'm losing the sight of the light at the end of that damn tunnel!

Tunnel is still there....

Tunnel vision - defective sight in which objects cannot be properly seen if not close to the center of the field of view.

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD = NOW only on TRILEPTAL 450mg began w/900mg 7/16 -- off LITHIUM 600mg (sometimes 300mg 5/15 -11/16 took 2 months to taper) .... XANAX 2 mg for 2 weeks but addicted in 6/16 tapered 7/16-9/16 JUMPED 9/30 (believe have kindling from previous benzos)
6 meds nightly for INSOMNIA includes XANAX .. BELSOMRA 20mg c/t 8/20/16 off & on for a yr ZANAFLEX 8 mg /SILENOR 6mg/PROZASIN 15 mg/DOXEPIN 50 mg on all nightly 2 months 6/16 - 7/16 except for silenor (year) wd ALL 8/16-9/16 w/pdoc help
c/t KLONOPIN .5mg which began INSOMNIA end of 3/15 after on for 4 months also horrible sound& light sensitivity sometimes took 2 or 3 reinstated & then c/t@hospital 5/15 on TEMPAZEPAM/SEROQUEL/LITHIUM when left hospital tolerance to temazepam after 1 month given ATIVAN in hospital& later
SEROQUEL started @ 200 mg and overnight to 800 mg had horrible akathasisia & rash DEPAKOTE 1000 mg off after few wks ALL I COULD ENDURE
then AMBIEN side effects & tolerance on for few months 5/15 - 8/15 and then again 2 mos 5/16 LATUDA 3/16 on days BAD/GEODON 4/16 on less 2 weeks BAD AKATHASIA/ZYPREXA bad mouth shaking almost 24/7 off & on few months in 2015 & again in 2016
trazodon/remeron/gabapentin/sonata/lunesta did nothing to help INSOMNIA so got off after few days - also short time SAPHRIS BAD 
MEDICATION SENSITIVE & have paradoxical side effects -- CANNOT TAKE BENZOS, ATYPICAL-ANTIPSYCHOTICS, ANTI-DEPRESSANTS
PAST prior to 2 yrs on Prozac even1/4 pill caused BAD ANXIETY, CELEXA OK, Abilify, Pristiq, Lamictal, Paxil BAD - more but can't remember

I'm too well aware of the tunnel yyeehhaaww. It's the light i'm struggling with right now.

woops, so sorry katch.... what I meant was light was still there....Please forgive me.....as I meant you no harm.  

coincedentally LC also posted about the same light/tunnel.....found this... hope it inspires and does not hurt you

http://www.thebestbrainpossible.com/the-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel-or-a-train/

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD = NOW only on TRILEPTAL 450mg began w/900mg 7/16 -- off LITHIUM 600mg (sometimes 300mg 5/15 -11/16 took 2 months to taper) .... XANAX 2 mg for 2 weeks but addicted in 6/16 tapered 7/16-9/16 JUMPED 9/30 (believe have kindling from previous benzos)
6 meds nightly for INSOMNIA includes XANAX .. BELSOMRA 20mg c/t 8/20/16 off & on for a yr ZANAFLEX 8 mg /SILENOR 6mg/PROZASIN 15 mg/DOXEPIN 50 mg on all nightly 2 months 6/16 - 7/16 except for silenor (year) wd ALL 8/16-9/16 w/pdoc help
c/t KLONOPIN .5mg which began INSOMNIA end of 3/15 after on for 4 months also horrible sound& light sensitivity sometimes took 2 or 3 reinstated & then c/t@hospital 5/15 on TEMPAZEPAM/SEROQUEL/LITHIUM when left hospital tolerance to temazepam after 1 month given ATIVAN in hospital& later
SEROQUEL started @ 200 mg and overnight to 800 mg had horrible akathasisia & rash DEPAKOTE 1000 mg off after few wks ALL I COULD ENDURE
then AMBIEN side effects & tolerance on for few months 5/15 - 8/15 and then again 2 mos 5/16 LATUDA 3/16 on days BAD/GEODON 4/16 on less 2 weeks BAD AKATHASIA/ZYPREXA bad mouth shaking almost 24/7 off & on few months in 2015 & again in 2016
trazodon/remeron/gabapentin/sonata/lunesta did nothing to help INSOMNIA so got off after few days - also short time SAPHRIS BAD 
MEDICATION SENSITIVE & have paradoxical side effects -- CANNOT TAKE BENZOS, ATYPICAL-ANTIPSYCHOTICS, ANTI-DEPRESSANTS
PAST prior to 2 yrs on Prozac even1/4 pill caused BAD ANXIETY, CELEXA OK, Abilify, Pristiq, Lamictal, Paxil BAD - more but can't remember

you did no harm whatsoever :) thank you for the article :)

I just want to be ok for a while. Not even happy. Just ok. I want to worry about what to wear to work, not about if I can make it work.......you know, that kind of stuff.

Yes I know exactly what you mean! I'm 9 months off Lexapro today. Sometimes I miss worrying about little stuff, like what to eat for dinner. Not gosh I really hope I don't get fired from my job today because I can barely keep my eyes open due to the debilitating fatigue. lol

Took 10 mg of Lexapro for 15 years. Started to taper in October 2015. Took last 1mg dose in March 2016. Started having side effects end of March 2016. Symptoms include: anxiety, heart palpitations, shaky, chronic fatigue, body feels like lead(so heavy), brain fog and dizziness and really bad pain especially on right side of body. 

Symptoms as of 10/18/16- Burning skin, widespread body pain, some insomnia, some fatigue, some brain fog, anxiety upon waking up, numbing and tremor in pinky and ring finger on left hand, cracking/popping/stiff joints. 

Symptoms as of 4/19/17- A little burning skin, muscle pain, FATIGUE, some brain fog, tremor in pinky and ring finger on left hand, cracking/popping/stiff joints, blurry vision, eye floaters, sciatica.

Symptoms as of 10/3/17- Physical symptoms-- Very little burning skin that comes and goes, some muscle and nerve pain that comes and goes, tremor in pinky and ring finger, muscle twitches, cortisol spike in the morning(heart palpitations), cracking/popping joints all those this has gotten a little better lately, blurry vision and eye floaters that come and go, sciatica(less intense now), fatigue which is still very bad but better than a year ago. Mental symptoms-- Depression, anxiety, hopelessness, lack of motivation or interest, brain fog(trouble focusing and concentrating), ruminating thoughts. All these come and go. 

in my 9th month now and the anxiety is just crazy. I know worrying about my thyroid probably triggered a wave which means that anxious as I am I cannot really handle worrying about my thyroid which than feeds back to the wave and that consequently makes me constantly freak about the thyroid which then............ARGGGGHHHH!

Frankly, I just cannot handle anything right now, no people, no noise - no sound rather, just thinking about eating something makes me anxious, thinking about any activity makes me anxious.....seriously, will this ever end?

Hi Katch,

So sorry to hear how awful you are feeling. Anxiety is the worst! I know how you feel about just wanting to hide under the covers for a while. How many times I just wanted to scream "Leave me alone!", but then when I am alone, I'm not happy either. Just can't win.

I know it's hard, but you are doing it. You have been so strong to keep going as you have. Day in and day out you have held up under circumstances that would have crushed most others. You deserve a gold medal!

If words could relieve your suffering, I'd write you an encyclopedia. Just know that there are so many pulling for you. You WILL make it through this. You are not alone.

Peace, love and healing.

PatriciaVP@AbleWriterSays My Intro

Zoloft 150-200 mg- on and off between 1998 and 2004.

Lexapro 40 mg - 2004-2013 30 mg 2013 - August 2015 20 mg August 2015- September 2015 15 mg September 2015 - October 2015 10 mg October 2015 -Nov. 1 2015. Nov. 2015 increased dose to 12.5 mg to stabilize. Dec. 28 2015 11.25 mg March 29, 2016 10 mg. August 1, 2016 9 mg. October 23, 2016 8.1 mg. Nov. 29, 2016 7.5 mg. Feb. 25, 2017 7 mg. April 9, 2017 6.5 mg. June 2017 6 mg. Aug. 2018 5.75 mg March 2019 5.5 mg Apr. 2019 5.25 mg. June 2019 5 mg Sept. 2019 4.75 mg Nov. 2019 4.5 mg Dec. 2019  4.25 April 7 2020 4mg 

Depakote 1000 mg 2008-2013  750 2013-Dec 2015 500 mg Dec 2015 to Feb 2, 2016. Sopped completely Feb 2 2016.

Adderall 40mg 2004-Feb 29, 2016. Feb 29,2016 - reduced Adderall to 20 mg based on pdoc's recommendations. March 29, 2016 - Reduced Adderall to 15 mg. April 30 reduced Adderall to 10 mgs. May 28, 2016 reduced Adderall to 5 mgs.June 8, 2016 stopped taking Adderall due to extreme agitation.

Amphetamine 20mg 2008 - 1/16. 1/16 - Stopped Amphetamine completely because pdoc did not renew script.

WWW.PSYCHFREE.NET 

Oh Patricia, 

If anybody deserves gold medal it's you - for, despite going through this mess yourself, always being so encouraging.

Thank you so much!

You have no idea how many times I just look at that last line of your signature and just keep saying to myself like a mantra - just keep swimming! I guess right now I just feel like I'm drowning and worrying about having thyroid cancer just keeps me under the water. Would really need to be able to get my head out again to take a nice long breath. So, so, so, sooooooo tired of this.

When will you find out what is going on with your thyroid?

Lexapro 40 mg - 2004-2013 30 mg 2013 - August 2015 20 mg August 2015- September 2015 15 mg September 2015 - October 2015 10 mg October 2015 -Nov. 1 2015. Nov. 2015 increased dose to 12.5 mg to stabilize. Dec. 28 2015 11.25 mg March 29, 2016 10 mg. August 1, 2016 9 mg. October 23, 2016 8.1 mg. Nov. 29, 2016 7.5 mg. Feb. 25, 2017 7 mg. April 9, 2017 6.5 mg. June 2017 6 mg. Aug. 2018 5.75 mg March 2019 5.5 mg Apr. 2019 5.25 mg. June 2019 5 mg Sept. 2019 4.75 mg Nov. 2019 4.5 mg Dec. 2019  4.25 April 7 2020 4mg 

Depakote 1000 mg 2008-2013  750 2013-Dec 2015 500 mg Dec 2015 to Feb 2, 2016. Sopped completely Feb 2 2016.

Adderall 40mg 2004-Feb 29, 2016. Feb 29,2016 - reduced Adderall to 20 mg based on pdoc's recommendations. March 29, 2016 - Reduced Adderall to 15 mg. April 30 reduced Adderall to 10 mgs. May 28, 2016 reduced Adderall to 5 mgs.June 8, 2016 stopped taking Adderall due to extreme agitation.

Amphetamine 20mg 2008 - 1/16. 1/16 - Stopped Amphetamine completely because pdoc did not renew script.

WWW.PSYCHFREE.NET 

waiting for appointment :(

Waiting can be such torture, but hopefully when the appointment comes it will bring good news. I will hold you in my thoughts until then.

{{{Hugs}}}

WWW.PSYCHFREE.NET 

• 2 weeks later...

9th month and the anxiety is really quite overwhelmingly crazy.

My last wave lasted only 10 days. This has been already almost 3 weeks and it freaks the hell out of me. The intensity of the anxiety is freaking me out too. What if it is not withdrawal anymore? I know healing is not linear but I thought the waves were supposed to get easier and shorter.  If I wasn’t so worried that upping the dose will make me worse, I would do it.

I hate this so much and I’m travelling on Sunday which is probably not going to help.

Really at the low point right now.

13th of December (Tuesday) increased my dose by 1mg - to 4mg. It feels like going backwards, like a failure. :(

Hi Katch,

Sorry you needed to increase your dose, but please don't consider it a failure. You're doing the best you can. Have you noticed any improvement since the increase.

I've felt pretty lousy myself lately. Depression I think. Having a hard time getting myself to do anything. Not wanting to leave my house. I just have to hang on to the belief that this is all just withdrawal and therefore temporary. My old social, active self is just hibernating, waiting for withdrawal to pass, and when it does she will come back to me. The waiting is excruciating, but what else am I going to do?

WWW.PSYCHFREE.NET 

• 1 month later...

Hi all. I need some advice.

Just after Chrisas my period triggered absolutely paralysing anxiety. It was so bad I ended up in psychiatric hospital. They took my lexapro away and gave me something else (brintalix??) And some benzos that i have been secretely spitting out. The new AD did not work as i suspected and they finally agreed to give me the lexapro back. So since Tuesday i have been 10 mg of lexapro ( up from 5mg i was taking when i got to hosspital). Today, i woke up with paralysing anxiety again. Definitely considerably worse. Do you think it's because of the jump from 5 to 10 mg?. At this pont i am so full of doubt and worries i cannot think anymore. And they want to increase it to 15mg.

Any suggestions?

• Moderator Emeritus

Both medications and dose changes can trigger symptoms, including anxiety. I'm sorry but not surprised that the medical team at the hospital didn't have a good solution for the intense anxiety you're experiencing or that they're suggesting an increase in Lexapro.

Can you post more of a timeline, the dates for when you

• went to the hospital
  • discontinued lexapro
  • started brintellix
  • stopped brintellix
  • started lexapro at 10 mg. (Jan. 17?)

scallywag's Introduction

Thanks for the response

- i went to hospital on 3rd of January. That day i also took a last dose of 5mg of lexapro

- wednesday 4th of January I started to take 10g of brintalix and i stopped on Monday 16th of January

- started 10mg of lexapro on Tuesday 17th

- woke up feelung considerably worse on Friday 20th of January and the psychiatrist increased the dose to 15 mg. However i only took 7.5 mg and I am planning to do so even today and for the next few days.

Hope this helps.

Are you now on 7.5 mg Lexapro  ?  How long have you been on this dose ?  How long were you on 10 mg Lexapro ? 

12 days Brintellix ? Did you C/T ? 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi.

I have been on 7.5 mg of lexapro 2 days (including today). On 10mg lexapro for 3 days before that.

Yes, 12 days brintellix. After that they just switched me back to lexapro as brintellix wasn't doing anything

What dose do you feel you were the best on  ? As you have had a lot of variation , I understand that it might be hard to tell but never the less what do you think right now ?

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

I have not really felt good for a while so it really is difficult to say. Also all those recent changes definitely did not help. I feel like i need to establish some baseline first. So I think I am going to stick to 7.5 mg at least for few more days and then possibly increase to 10 mg if I need to. At the moment it means doing all this behid nurses' back which can be bit tricky but hell, it is my body and will not let them to mess it up completely.

Katch. I'm so sorry for what you have been through with the hospital etc. .

And some benzos that I have been secretely spitting out.  Did you take any of the benzo's ?

I think that is wise at this point . As you have been all over, I would pick a dose and stick to it. You need stability and I would hold for a good while.

You have been through some turbulent times and I think it would do you good to just HOLD for now.

Look into the non- drug coping methods. They will help to get you through this . 

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Ali

Thanks Alig.

I think I took few benzos the first couple of days in the hospital because I did not know what they were. But nothing since.

I feel rather frustrated having to go up after almost a year of withdrawal suffering. I think my healing reached the place where it was my hormones turn to get sorted out but i just could not cope.

Also, I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer at the begining of December and I know i could not handle both the thyroid and the withdrawal.

Saying that, I am lucky. If there was a cancer that could be called 'good' it would be mine. It's good in that is very non-agressive and I might get away with having nothing done about it. As long as it is not growing or spreading.

So there are few supplements and herbs I want to try but it would be difficult durimg withdrawal when even vit B can be a massive issue.

So it is frustrating but i know at some stage i will start taperig again using all the lessons I have learned in the past year. I don't care if it takes me years to come off as long as i can keep living my life whilst doing it.

I would also like to add for everybody else reading this that my 'dodgy thyroid lump' as I lovingly call it, has been discovered before I started to take antidepressants. So I don't want anybody to panic that i got this from the antidepressants.

Katch.  What are you doing if anything for the diagnosis ?    

In regard to the supplements if I were you I would stick to the super foods  -  like cacao , maca, goji berries etc. Put them in a smoothie with a bit of almond milk and banana.

Please do the research . You don't always have to follow the " tried and true ' path.  " Gerson Therapy "  has been successful for some. 

Thanks Ali.

I definitely have no intention to go the standard medical route. When i had an appiontment with the surgeon he immediately suggested surgery. When i told him I don't want anybody to touch my thyroid unless it is absolutely necessary he almost fell of the chair.

Going non medical route was one of the reason i decided i have to stop the withdrawal and up the dose. I could not handle both.

So once I am stable mentally I want to approach it from several sides

- thorough detox through diet and some homeopathy

- i had some weird testimg done couple of month ago that came up with weak immune system and epstein barr virus. Did some reading on it and apparently EBV does cause issues with thyroid so

- i am going to work on immune system and

EBV - mainly through some targeted homeopathy and bee propolis

- i am going to try graviola - animal studies were extremely promising and anecdotal evidence is encouraging too

I already tried all of the above but in withdrawal it all made me really unwell. So i need get out of withdrawal first.

At this stage i just need to make sure it is not growing ( it hasn't since 2012) that will buye some time to try to get rid of it.

Good luck. I hope it goes well.

As it is difficult to make sure I am getting exactly 7.5g every day, I decided to go up to 10mg. It is the only way to ensure stable dose whilst I am still in hospital. It s already tricky to keep spitting all the other poisons they are giving me out yet alone to cut the pills. Hopefully i will survive.

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm out of hospital as they could not really help. The only option left apparently was ECT which i refused. So on 10 mg of lexapro but so far it has not helped.

I think I have reached the stage where my body is trying to sync the brain with my hormones and it is not pretty. Pretty much the whole cycle is dodgy. Any slight hormonal shift is a bit struggle. Period is a nightmare. Then i have about 2-3 days when I feel semi-human and then my body starts to prepare for ovulation which it seems to struggle with so I ovulate late. Then i have another 2-3 days of feeling semi-human and then PMS hits. 

At the moment I struggle with it all and doubt it is all withdrawal. I'm catastrophising this will never end and I'm stuck in this **** for the rest of my life.

I just want my life back!!!!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Well, it's good you're back out of hospital, but I can see you're still really struggling.  If you can hold now at 10mg for at least a few months that will probably give your CNS a chance to stabilise. 

Hormones do get out of whack after antidepressant use and during w/d.  So you're going to need a plan for how to manage those times when the anxiety ramps up.  What things have you tried?  A combination of things is usually best, as a single thing will let you slip through the cracks too easily.  I recall using Emotional Freedom Technique, guided meditations, gentle yoga, keeping hydrated, epsom salt baths, and seeing friends regularly. 

Are you using fish oil and magnesium? 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.