RachelSusan

RachelSusan: Zoloft - on, off and reinstated

RachelSusan

@RusTW

Hi RusTW,

I have had really bad headaches and sinus problems while in the middle of withdrawal, but it was only during a bad withdrawal. I can't say it was at the beginning or any specific time during withdrawal, perhaps just the entire time. What about you? Is this something you have experienced?

I am glad you are starting to feel a little better overall.  I know you have your occasional wave but it does sound like you are doing pretty good, which I am very happy about.

I hope that we both continue to improve.

RachelSusan

Journal Entry

I tapered 3.8% (went from 3.25mg of Zoloft to 3.125mg) thirteen days ago and I'm buzzing all over the place.  What I mean by that is those internal tremors or internal trembling, along with the feeling like I had way too much caffeine are back. Sort of nauseous and feeling like I have tons of adrenaline surging through my body as well. The insomnia is back as well. It will all pass but this tells me I have to reduce less or wait longer between cuts, or perhaps both.  I will see. This cut was four weeks after the previous cut, and after the previous cut I had very few symptoms and they were extremely low in intensity.  I have read that as we get into the lower doses it can be harder but I am already tapering such a low dose I thought I was safe. All I got to say about this is "ah shucks."  It's frustrating but I will survive. Life goes on and I am happy to be alive. 😀 Now please excuse me while I go take my hot bath filled with Epsom salt.🌼

Altostrata

Oops. You might want to updose to 3.15mg or 3.20mg Zoloft and take a vacation from tapering for a few months.

What's your daily drug schedule?

Tom37

Sorry to hear about the symptoms.🙁

You will get through this rough spot. You have helped me so much so you know what to do to get through it.

Maybe need a longer hold this time to let yourself settle right back down.

Enjoy that bath!

wantrelief

I am sorry to hear about these uncomfortable sounding symptoms.  I hope they pass soon.  Hang in there, RS.

Rosetta

Take care, RS.  I hope the bath helps! -R

FarmGirlWorks
1 hour ago, RachelSusan said:

Now please excuse me while I go take my hot bath filled with Epsom salt.🌼

Dang it: I hope the cut symptoms disappear soon in to the WD ether. Or farm manure pit where they belong. Re: the bath, I always love adding some essential oils in to make it even more soothing... bergamot, frankincense, sage are favorites. Hang in there!

RachelSusan

Hi Altostrata,

Thank you for taking your time to review my situation.

7 a.m.             QVAR Steroid Inhalant 1 puff (80mcg)

300 mg Gabapentin

8 a.m.             3.125mg liquid Zoloft

5mg Prednisone

Vitamin D - D3 1000IU (25mcg)

Fish Oil 360 mg

Calcium 500mg

3 p.m.             300mg Gabapentin

7 p.m.              QVAR Steroid Inhalant 1 puff (80mcg)           

11 p.m.            300 mg Gabapentin

RachelSusan

@Tom37 @wantrelief @Rosetta @FarmGirlWorks

Thank you all for stopping by, I really appreciate it.  While this is an unfortunate situation it is still nothing like when I went cold turkey. Not even close. I was one of those lucky ones that was able to reinstate and get relief.  This journey is now two and a half years old so I am used to these things.  Altostrata is reviewing my medications so I am in excellent hands. And as FGW says, may the symptoms go to the "farm manure pit where they belong." I like that one a lot. 😀

Carmie

Hi RachelSusan, 

I’m really sorry your symptoms have ramped up. I’ve had to have holds longer than four weeks quite a number of times. Once you stabilise again and you start your tapering, maybe hold for longer than four weeks inbetween drops.

It’s a good idea to have a break from tapering for a few months, as Alto said, I’ve done that heaps of times too. It’s good for our emotional wellbeing too to have a break. Hope you stabilise soon, keep us updated. 

Sending hugs🤗

RachelSusan

Hi Carmie,

Thanks for stopping by.  I do plan to take Alto's advice and take a break from tapering.  And then when I do resume again I will do as you suggested and hold for longer than fours weeks. I think over all I am doing pretty good in spite of my symptoms because I have been through this before so I don't have the fear factor that many people new to this have. I know it will pass.

I hope you are doing ok and that pesty Cog Fog is at a minimal for you.

Thanks again.

Tom37

Hi Rachel,

Just checking in to see how your doing? Hopefully those symptoms of yours have settle in the last few days? Im sure your handling them fine as your are a WD veteran but i know any symptoms are not pleasant.

RachelSusan

@Tom37

Hi Tom,

The withdrawal symptoms are almost gone. Days 10 through 18 of this taper were much more difficult than usual.  I have to listen to my body and slow down, even though I am already going at the pace of a three-toed sloth.  I guess I'll just have to go at the pace of the slowest garden snail now. Thanks for checking in.

Rachel

Steve61

Hi Rachel. You are another great example of patience in tapering. I’ve reached a stage now where I am accepting that it’s going to be a long slow taper for myself and I’ve reached that acceptance by following examples like yourself. Thank you 🙏 

RachelSusan

Thank you Steve61 for stopping by my thread. I appreciate your kind words. We will both make it off of the unwanted medications.  I am very sure of it.  

Warm wishes to you. 

Rachel

Carmie

Hi RachelSusan, 

You made me smile. So you’re going from being a three toed sloth to the pace of the slowest garden snail?🐌🐌😁 I just started a taper yesterday of just over 3%. I’m with you in the snail department.🐌🐌 I may up it a little in the future, but I’ve decided for at least the next five tapers that’s what I’m doing. 

Sending hugs🤗

RachelSusan

@Carmie

Hi Carmie,

I hate the fact that I am such a slow taper, but yep, snails pace is where I am at.  The sloth would be high speed for me. I wish you luck on your taper and will be watching your page to see how you do.

Speaking of watching your page, I see that you went to a concert.  I had never heard of "1927" so I looked them up.  I like them, a lot. Are you the same person that likes "Mental As Anything"?  Someone on this site likes them and I can't remember if it was you or not.  Another group I had never heard of and listed to after reading about them here. Liked them too.  See how great this site is, we get withdrawal advice along with good music suggestions. 

Thanks again for stopping by. And hugs back to you.

Carmie

Hi RachelSusan, 

Yes, Im the same person that likes Mental As Anything too. I’ve seen them in concert twice. They’re  such a fun band, the music is so happy that you can’t help but smile and do a little dancing. Greedy Smith is the only original band member left, but he was one of the main singers anyway. Martin Plaza, the other main singer, was still in the band until a few years ago, he got cancer and he didn’t end up going back to the group. I don’t know if he will in the future. Greedy though loves what he does, he is just so much fun. He’s like a big kid, a bit like me.😄 I’m definitely going to see them again. 

I’m so glad you’re enjoying music. I love music🎹🥁🎼🎸 I’ve seen 1927 three times now, they were with Pseudo Echo twice, and with Belinda Carlisle last Saturday. I looooove Pseudo Echo. When I see them in concerts I can’t stop singing their songs for weeks afterwards. Actually, when I went to the Keith Urban concert not long ago, I couldn’t get his songs out of my head either. Music is good for the soul. Mental As Anything, Pseudo Echo and 1927 are all Australian bands. 

Keep playing that music💚

RachelSusan

@Carmie

I really like Keith Urban. Some articles say he lives in Nashville USA and others say in Australia, so perhaps he splits his time between both places?  I guess it doesn't matter, it's not like he and Nicole are going to invite me over anytime soon.  Thanks for the music tips.  I do think Australia has some absolutely phenomenal bands, which I am learning about from you.  You are now my music guru.  🎶🎹🎺

Hugs back at ya.

Carmie
3 minutes ago, RachelSusan said:

@Carmie

I really like Keith Urban. Some articles say he lives in Nashville USA and others say in Australia, so perhaps he splits his time between both places?  I guess it doesn't matter, it's not like he and Nicole are going to invite me over anytime soon.  Thanks for the music tips.  I do think Australia has some absolutely phenomenal bands, which I am learning about from you.  You are now my music guru.  🎶🎹🎺

Hugs back at ya.

You made me laugh RachelSusan, 

You never know, maybe they will invite you over some time🤣🤣. They live in Nashville, but come to Australia on holiday as they have property here too. Keith actually was brought up not too far from where I live. He’s really a down to earth nice guy, very Aussie. It’s great when fame doesn’t change people. 

Keep enjoying that music, it’s a great distraction 🎼💚