RachelSusan

RachelSusan: Zoloft - on, off and reinstated

RachelSusan

@DaveB@Frogie@wantrelief

Hi Dave, Frogie, and Wantrelief,

Thank you all for your warm thoughts and best wishes. I know all of you have been through h*ll with this stuff as well. May we all heal.

RS

Gridley

Very encouraging post, RachelSusan.  Thank you.  

RachelSusan

@Gridley

Hi Gridley,

Thanks for stopping by, and the kind words.

Rachel

Frogie
15 hours ago, RachelSusan said:

@DaveB@Frogie@wantrelief

Hi Dave, Frogie, and Wantrelief,

Thank you all for your warm thoughts and best wishes. I know all of you have been through h*ll with this stuff as well. May we all heal.

RS

That would be awesome if we could all heal!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Rosetta

Hi RachelSusan, How is your hip?  You don't say much about it.  So, I assume all is going well.

RachelSusan
1 hour ago, Rosetta said:

Hi RachelSusan, How is your hip?  You don't say much about it.  So, I assume all is going well.

Hi Rosetta,

The hip is OK. The first two weeks were difficult but nothing seems that big anymore after going through withdrawal. It's been six weeks and I'm feeling pretty good.  I no longer need the cane.  There is still a slight limp when I get tired but that will be going away very soon, I'm sure.  I'm glad I had it done. Thank you for asking.

Rachel

Rosetta

That's fantastic news!

RachelSusan

Journal:

It's been about 10 days since my last taper, which was a 2.8% decrease.  The symptoms have been minor, a little bit of the hot sweats and a slight uptick of burning skin. Over all it is doable. I've been going through this since July of 2016, I'll be relieved if I can ever put it completely behind me.   I hope that anyone that is still suffering gets relief soon.

wantrelief
1 minute ago, RachelSusan said:

Journal:

It's been about 10 days since my last taper, which was a 2.8% decrease.  The symptoms have been minor, a little bit of the hot sweats and a slight uptick of burning skin. Over all it is doable. I've been going through this since July of 2016, I'll be relieved if I can ever put it completely behind me.   I hope that anyone that is still suffering gets relief soon.

I am so glad your symptoms have not been too bad and as you say "doable" since your last cut, that is a relief!  You will be able to put all of this behind you, RS, I have no doubt.

Tattycorum

Thank you for keeping us posted on your progress with the sertraline. I continue to cut 10% a month and have not had much in the way of post-taper symptoms, although my symptoms after stabilizing from my earlier too-steep withdrawal are mostly ongoing. I'm at 5 mg and am hoping one more year of tapering would bring me to the point of being able to stop it. Good luck!

RachelSusan
19 hours ago, wantrelief said:

I am so glad your symptoms have not been too bad and as you say "doable" since your last cut, that is a relief!  You will be able to put all of this behind you, RS, I have no doubt.

Hi Wantrelief, Thanks for your support and thank you for stopping by.

RS

19 hours ago, Tattycorum said:

although my symptoms after stabilizing from my earlier too-steep withdrawal are mostly ongoing.

Hi Tattycorum, Sorry to hear you have ongoing symptoms.  Mine would be the burning skin, that still hasn't gone away, just gets worse when I taper then settles back into a moderate level in between tapers. Thank you for stopping by and your support.

RS

DaveB
21 hours ago, RachelSusan said:

Journal:

Wow congrats, another decrease behind you and now creeping up on 4 mgs, such a low dose of Zoloft. Good job!

Rosetta

So glad to see you are having an easier time.  Hope it continues!

RachelSusan
10 hours ago, Rosetta said:

So glad to see you are having an easier time.  Hope it continues!

Hi Rosetta,

Thanks for stopping by and for your good wishes.  I follow you and know you have been struggling. I hope for better days for you as well.

xo

RS

10 hours ago, DaveB said:

Wow congrats, another decrease behind you and now creeping up on 4 mgs, such a low dose of Zoloft. Good job!

Hi DaveB, Thank you for your best wishes.  I never thought I would get my Zoloft this low, and yes I look forward to hitting the 4 mg mark.  I follow you and I'm aware that you have you good moments and your bad moments.  That is how recovery worked for me as well.  I hope your continue to improve.

xo

RS

JS11

Hi RS,

Please forgive my lack of contact.  I'm so glad your hip is behaving itself.  And no cane?  Look at You!

You must be goid at math doing a 2.8% cut.  I just did another too but my math skills and my memory can be challenged as I jumped a little too early. Not pretty but hoping it settles.  I have gotten so very impatient.  

I'm happy that your cut has been doable. You have had a lot to deal with so that is a comfort.

Wishing you continued comfort.  

Take care

JS

RachelSusan
23 hours ago, JS11 said:

I just did another too but my math skills and my memory can be challenged as I jumped a little too early. Not pretty but hoping it settles.  I have gotten so very impatient. 

Hi JS11,

Great to hear from you. No apologies needed for lack of contact.  I too have been out of contact.  Other outside issues in the real world have been demanding my attention.

I hear you clearly about getting impatient.  I too want so badly to be done with this.  I hope your most recent taper does settle quickly. Now that you have been using a partial does of the liquid Escitalopram for a few months I would be interested in hearing how you are doing with it. We both had a reaction to the liquid at first but I did eventually get used to it and now all is fine for me.

I hope your personal life is going smoothy.  Maybe spring will bring new beginnings?  Not only new but good beginnings as well.

xo

RS

FarmGirlWorks
On 3/25/2018 at 10:45 AM, RachelSusan said:

The symptoms have been minor, a little bit of the hot sweats and a slight uptick of burning skin. Over all it is doable. I've been going through this since July of 2016, I'll be relieved if I can ever put it completely behind me.  

Ah, the hot sweats. I've been getting those too especially at night (night sweats) and am not sure if it is WD or perimenopause. Congrats on your latest drop, RS. You've been smart about the sertraline monster.

Miracle123

Hi Rachelsusan, you are so tough and super warrior women. I wish you can make it in your extremed lower dose taper more easy come with mild withdrawal. Keep it up.I so enjoyed reading in your threat to give me positive energy. Hope i can read more about your further stories when you reach zero. Take care.

Warmest regards,

Miracle

RachelSusan

@FarmGirlWorks

Hi FGW,

Thank you for stopping by and giving me encouragement. I really appreciate it. I read you were looking in HRT. I hope it helps. Here's hoping for more windows and less waves for you. We will improve, I know it.

@Miracle123

Thank you for saying hello on my page.  I hope to reach zero and hope I can do it without too much suffering. I left you a message on your page.  I hope you feel better soon.

Frogie

Hi RS:

I sent you a PM.

Take care,

Frogie xx

RachelSusan

@Frogie,

I saw the PMs you sent yesterday.  Hopefully you saw my reply.  I only sent one reply.  If you sent a new PM today I don't see it. I hope you are doing ok.

xo

RS

Frogie

@Frogie,

I saw the PMs you sent yesterday.  Hopefully you saw my reply.  I only sent one reply.  If you sent a new PM today I don't see it. I hope you are doing ok.

xo

RS

I replied to your reply.

I'm not ok right now :(

Take care,

Frogie xx

RachelSusan

Frogie,

Since this will pertain to you I'll move us over to your page.

RS

Frogie

Frogie,

Since this will pertain to you I'll move us over to your page.

RS

Ok

Frogie

I sent you a PM

Thanks...

Skeeter

RS,

Thank you for being the wonderfully kind person you have been on my thread in my absence.  I am glad your taper percentage is what it is, as we approach zero this is when patience is the name of the game.  Reading that your hip was not much of a struggle compared to ADWD was an eye opener for me. My grandmother had something similar done, but she refused to give up the cane or walker for months and months.  She was NOT used to WD, or to that level of pain, and fought it every step.  I am pleased that a slight limp when tired is all that is left @ 6 weeks out!  You are amazing!

Hang in there.  Please do not fret if you need to spread apart  tapers or lower your percentage.  It is not important in how fast you get to zero, it is more important in how you feel during this time.  If you need a break for the summer, take it! If not, continue on.

Be well!

Skeets

RachelSusan

Skeets,

All is good, especially now that I hear your cheery voice. I have finally learned that it is indeed not how fast I get to zero.  May I quote on that?

It Is Not How Fast You Get To Zero.

It is so much better to feel good while getting to zero. Yes I have slowed my roll, so to speak. In other words I have slowed down how much I taper at one time and how frequently I taper.

I continue to read everything I can on this site and have learned much from the mods and my fellow suffers. I also gained much from the links to outside articles. One that specifically comes to mind is the article in the New York Times. I would have never seen it except for a link on this site.

Welcome back my friend and thank you for writing.

xo

RS

Skeeter

RS,

You may quote me as often as you like!  I feels quite foreign to post, you were my very first post, so it pleases me immensely that it did help in some way.  You are stronger than you know!!

Thank you for your kind words!!

Be well,

Skeets

Frogie

Hi RS:

I answered your PM

Frogie

I answered you again...

Carmie
On 26/03/2018 at 3:45 AM, RachelSusan said:

Journal:

Hi RachelSusan, 

Just been reading your thread. I’m so happy that your taper is running smoothly with minor symptoms.

Keep posting how you’re doing as it will be an inspiration and encouragement to all. 

Keep up the good work, sending hugs

RachelSusan

@Carmie

Hi Carmie,

Thank you for dropping by to visit.  I read your thread and I am impressed that you went from 300 mg of Seroquel to 7.5 mg. Congratulations are on in order. From what I read it appears it was a rough ride for you with a lot of your tapers causing akathisia.

I've had a lot of physically painful symptoms and have found that tapering smaller percentages seems to work best for me as well.  I will be watching to see how you do on your micro taper.

Hugs back at you.

Rachel

RachelSusan

I feel it's time for a check in.

These are just a few of the symptoms I had the summer and fall of 2016. I was really suffering back then.  Each moment was torture. It's so much better now with the majority of the withdrawal symptoms gone. The burning skin is still hanging around, much less though.  I list these things in the hope that if someone else is going through agony they can see that it did pass for me, that they can hang on for another second, another minute, another day, another week, whatever it takes, just hang on. 

I'm still not home free, currently I am on 4.25mg of Zoloft. I know with each taper there is the possibility that any of the symptoms can come back, and at times they do, however I know that by going slowly I can help minimize that possibility. 

1. Tremors - actual external and the feeling of internal

2. Hot flashes & sweats

3. Insomnia

4.  Headaches

5.  Nausea

6.  Loss of appetite - Lost quite a bit of weight

7.  Sinus pressure and ear pressure

8.  Dizzy

9.  Comprehension problems

10. Flu like symptoms

11. Balance problems, it felt like the floor was moving beneath me and I had trouble walking

12. Burning Skin

13. Sensitive to sound

And other symptoms as well.

SkyBlue
13 minutes ago, RachelSusan said:

I feel it's time for a check in.

It's so much better now with the majority of the withdrawal symptoms gone. 

I'm still not home free, currently I am on 4.25mg of Zoloft. I know with each taper there is the possibility that any of the symptoms can come back, and at times they do, however I know that by going slowly I can help minimize that possibility. 

Hi RachelSusan, 

What a great update. Thanks for sharing your message of hope! And yes, while there is still tapering to be done, you know that by going slowly you can minimize WD symptoms. 

That's great! Here's to continued healing!!

FarmGirlWorks

Thanks, @RachelSusan: have an am experiencing some of the symptoms you mentioned and so glad they've passed at this point. Good work!

RachelSusan

@SkyBlue

Hi SkyBlue

Thank you for stopping by my thread yesterday.  I really appreciate it. Yes indeed, my new mantra is "go slow." I also see you are doing your taper at 2% cuts, the BrassMonkey slide. Some of us just seem to do better with smaller cuts.

RS

@FarmGirlWorks

Hi FarmGirlWorks,

Thank you for stopping by my thread yesterday. It means a lot to me that you came by. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some of the awful symptoms I mentioned. They really are torturous. I hope they diminish soon for you.

RS