RachelSusan

RachelSusan: Zoloft - on, off and reinstated

RachelSusan

@Carmie

Hi Carmie,

How nice of you to stop by.  Thank you.  All goes well on my end. I continue to SLOWLY taper.  I have another taper coming up this Saturday.  My body is my guide.  If I have mild symptoms I wait for the adjustment and then continue on at my standard rate of decrease.  If I have symptoms that are above mild I hold longer than usual before the next decrease. I usually decrease by about 4%.  It hasn't been easy but it is doable.

I read that you just made another small cut as well. With patience we will get off these drugs.

I see you supporting others on this website.  I so appreciate you being here and enjoy reading what you have to say to our fellow sufferers.  You are always such a positive voice.  Thank you again for all you do.

Frogie
40 minutes ago, RachelSusan said:

@Carmie

Hi Carmie,

How nice of you to stop by.  Thank you.  All goes well on my end. I continue to SLOWLY taper.  I have another taper coming up this Saturday.  My body is my guide.  If I have mild symptoms I wait for the adjustment and then continue on at my standard rate of decrease.  If I have symptoms that are above mild I hold longer than usual before the next decrease. I usually decrease by about 4%.  It hasn't been easy but it is doable.

I read that you just made another small cut as well. With patience we will get off these drugs.

I see you supporting others on this website.  I so appreciate you being here and enjoy reading what you have to say to our fellow sufferers.  You are always such a positive voice.  Thank you again for all you do.

Hi RS:

It sounds like you are doing wonderful. I’m so happy for you.

My fiancé accepted a job 20 minutes from our new house. We weren’t quite expecting to move so quickly, but here we go! I’m doing ok. Have a little anxiety, but it’s just situational, moving and doing everything that needs done in just a couple of weeks.

Just wanted to popped over and say congratulations! You’ve got this🎉🎈🎊

Take care,

Frogie xx

RachelSusan

@Frogie

Hi Frogie,

I'm very happy to hear from you. I know it's stressful now but just think, you are going home!!!! Thanks for the good wishes. I will  be OK and I know it, it is just taking so darn long. It looks like you are doing great with your Xanax taper. I am so happy for you.

xoxo RS

Frogie

Hi RS:

Just wanted to drop by and say hi and see how you were doing?

Hope well.😊

Keep up the great work!

Take care,

Frogie xx

RachelSusan

Frogie,

Wow, I am pleasantly surprised you stopped by to say hello. It means a lot to me.  I am doing OK. Just made another cut this morning.  You know how it is, with each cut comes some fear and then the reality is a little discomfort and then it all settles down again.

I don't know where you are in your move, I haven't been on this site lately, but I hope it is going smoothly.

xo

RS

Frogie
1 hour ago, RachelSusan said:

Frogie,

Wow, I am pleasantly surprised you stopped by to say hello. It means a lot to me.  I am doing OK. Just made another cut this morning.  You know how it is, with each cut comes some fear and then the reality is a little discomfort and then it all settles down again.

I don't know where you are in your move, I haven't been on this site lately, but I hope it is going smoothly.

xo

RS

That’s great! Another cut. You will do fine. Might have your usual symptoms, but it will be nothing major. I’m doing a happy dance 💃 for you!

The packers come August 2nd and move us August 3rd. So, we are up here doing some last minute things, then the fun starts next week!

Good luck! 🎉🎉🎈🎈🎊🎊

Take care,

Frogie xx

JackieDecides
On 7/27/2019 at 12:31 PM, RachelSusan said:

Just made another cut this morning.  You know how it is, with each cut comes some fear and then the reality is a little discomfort and then it all settles down again.

how has it been since the cut? 

RachelSusan

Hi Jackie, Thanks for stopping by.  It was the usual. I did the cut, had a few days of minor symptoms and then they settled down.  I was very happy that this time it was only a few days. Sometimes the symptoms can stick around for a few weeks and be harsher.  But even when they do stick around a few weeks it is still much better than before I had any stability.  I am so grateful not to be going through torture any more. I think all of us on this site have either been there or are there now.

Warm wishes.

oops44

hi rs

hope all is well. just wanted to drop in and say congratulations on your taper.  it looks like you're on top of it.  keep kicking butt and we all look forward to your next update.

toodles!

thelegend

Any new update Rachel? You are awesome and have been so helpful to me! Hope to someday get to where you are.

RachelSusan

Hi Legend,

Thank you for the post.  I just wrote on your thread regarding the possible double dosing.  You will be alright.

embd

Hi Rachel,

As a follow-up to our earlier conversation about insomnia, did you experience your bad insomnia during your bad wave, or during your C/T? How long did the bad sleep pattern last? If it was during your wave, had it resolved to normal sleep by the end of your 90-day wave, or did you proceed with your taper before the sleep improved? I've decided not to resume my taper until my sleep is somewhat normal for 2-3 months. I'm hoping it's just a matter of waiting out the storm, that the sleep will right itself with time. There's only so long you can get by with fractured sleep, but at this point it's too late for me to updose really.

Warmly,

Erin

RachelSusan

Hi Erin,

I had bad insomnia during both the CT and the wave, however the 3 days without sleep was during my original CT.  The insomnia during the bad wave was similar but I think I was able to nap a little more during the day so I wasn't quite so out of. I think the over all bad sleep pattern took slightly over 3 months, both times, to resolve.

No I didn't taper while having insomnia.  Well that is not 100% accurate.  There was an early taper period that a doctor I had at the time pushed me though.  He had me taper while symptoms were very high which ended up leading to an up-dose. Now that I am in control of my medical choices I choose not to taper while I have any symptoms. I know other people on this site will taper while symptomatic and they have their reasons for doing so. I just found that for me it's best not to taper while I have symptoms, even the very mild ones.  I am afraid if I do that there will be a cumulative effect from all the tapers that will put me into a big fat ugly wave.

It really sounds to me like you are on the right track.  You mentioned that you are already showing improvemet. I wish I could give you a solid timeline to use however all our bodies are different and our situations are different. I think you will be glad in a few months, or sooner, that you are not making any changes, either up-dosing or tapering.

Warm wishes.

embd

Thanks for sharing your experience, Rachel. So by the time the bad sleep resolved, you were back to 7-8 hours of normal sleep? Or did that take a little longer?

I thought I was improving, but the last few days have seen some setbacks. In particular last night was rough - I was up most of the night with muscle aches, hot sweats, and diarrhea. I feel like I've been run over by a truck this morning. It seems symptoms from earlier in the wave that I thought had resolved have come back again this week with a vengeance. I took heart, though, by noticing that something similar happened to you two months into your wave. You thought you were coming out of it when suddenly you got severe symptoms that then took a few more weeks to resolve.

I'm more of a sprinter by nature, but this wave feels like running a marathon!! Hoping I can work in a nap later today. I agree with you about not tapering while symptomatic. I will be the same way once I resume tapering.

I just worry sometimes that my taper was so fast (unknowingly) that it will take me a few more months to stabilize. I'm already 14 weeks past my last cut and almost 10 weeks into the symptoms. Could you take a look at my signature and note my taper schedule since June 2018? Does that look like an excessively hasty taper, or just one perhaps done a little too quickly over the last few months?

Thank you!!

RachelSusan

@embd

Hi Erin,

I don't remember exactly at which point I reached the full 7 to 8 hours of sleep, but I did reach it. It was one of those things that gradually got better over time.

I'm a really sorry to read that you got hit with another bad wave. I have had all the symptoms that you mentioned and I do know how brutal they can be. Right now the best you can do is just get through each day, but be sure to bear in mind that with time it will improve. The ups and downs can be very difficult emotionally though. I know they were really hard on me. 

I looked at your taper schedule since June 2018 and it looks like all your cuts were at 10%. It appears that you tapered exactly as recommended. While 10% is the suggested rate perhaps it is just a little too fast for your body?  You also had some other medications that you were taking in 2016 and 2017 and I am wondering if those changes might have impacted your taper in spring of 2018? Have any mods offered their thoughts on this? 'm  currently doing around 5% having found that anything over that is just too much for me.

Erin, I sounds like you have been going through some really tough times since August. Having gone through it I know how very difficult it can be to be hurting for so long.   I can't offer any advice since it's clear you have read a lot, have the same knowledge base that I have, and you have a very good handle on what's going on with you. I can only offer you my empathy.  I know how painful this is. I hope that you see improvement quickly.  Hang in there my friend. Better days are ahead.

Warm wishes.

embd

Thank you, Rachel! Empathy from someone who has been there and is now stable is a precious gift. I do check every painful day off of a mental calendar, saying it brings me one day closer to resolution, but each day is like climbing a mountain. I find that my best sleep is usually my afternoon naps (today I got a refreshing 2.5 hour nap) and then anything I can manage to work in after 6am, so I'm only half-jokingly wondering if I should change my sleep schedule for the time being and try to sleep more during the day, since the cortisol and other hormones don't seem to be as interruptive to sleep at that point. Ah well, time and patience are the answer. Thank you for your reassurance, my friend.

embd

Good morning, RS! I hope you had a peaceful sleep. :) I had a question about the burning skin issue you experienced during your wave (and still have from time to time). I'm wondering if it's similar to what I've been experiencing in my legs. I think it's nerve pain, and it really only started bothering me about three weeks ago. I haven't had it at any point in my taper before now. When you say burning skin, was it a literal feeling of a burn on the surface of the skin? Mine isn't on the skin itself, but deeper in my legs - yet it doesn't feel like the muscles, but rather nerves. Also, was yours all over your body? Mine is only on my legs and soles of my feet. Did yours interfere with sleep? Mine wakes me up often.

I haven't read anybody else's thread yet who has had this symptom, so I wasn't sure who to ask. Walking and stretching seems to help a bit, but then it comes back. Some days it's worse than others. It's worst in the middle of the night. I'm wondering if it resolves over time or if it's something that will be with me now.

Thank you!!