Jump to content
RachelSusan

RachelSusan: Zoloft - on, off and reinstated

Recommended Posts

Cathy4
On 2/29/2020 at 12:08 PM, RachelSusan said:

I just did another taper today

You are an inspiration to me, @RachelSusan.  All of your hard work & determination are paying off.  I’m hoping to be where you are with my zoloft taper someday.  
Cathy

Share this post


Link to post
RachelSusan

Cathy,

You will be where I am.  In 2016 I read the posts from people that were recovering, while I was in h*ll at that time.  Oh my gosh, I was so envious of them. I never thought I would get here.  But I did.  And you will.  I know you are really suffering, but you will improve. You life will get better. Hang in there.

Share this post


Link to post
RachelSusan

@Frogie

 

Hi Frogie,

I feel like we have come such a long way together.  It sort of seems like we were part of the freshman class and now you have graduated and I am close behind you. It's been so helpful doing this with you.  Thank you for being my withdrawal buddy.

xo

Share this post


Link to post
RachelSusan

@Terry

 

Wow Terry, you are so low on the Sertraline.  And yes it does feel wonderful to see the numbers get lower. I never thought I would get here, but I did.  I just said to Cathy4 in another post how I used to envy the people that weren't in withdrawal h*ll any more.

 

I too have another drug to get off of, Gabapentin.  Yes the doctor put me on that to try and stop the symptoms of Sertraline withdrawal, rather than dealing the the withdrawal. Talk about chasing one's tail.

 

Thanks for stopping by.

 

Share this post


Link to post
thelegend

@RachelSusan - now it is us envying you. Hopefully I can get to where you are very soon. Congrats on getting healthy and now getting so low!! Take it easy, no reason to upset things.

Share this post


Link to post
Frogie
1 hour ago, RachelSusan said:

@Frogie

 

Hi Frogie,

I feel like we have come such a long way together.  It sort of seems like we were part of the freshman class and now you have graduated and I am close behind you. It's been so helpful doing this with you.  Thank you for being my withdrawal buddy.

xo

Thank you RS:

 

 I haven't graduated yet, I'm still on my Xanax taper.

We are doing this together though and I really appreciate your help.

We are one step closer! 

Thank you for being my withdrawal buddy🙂

 

Take care,

Frogie xx

Share this post


Link to post
RachelSusan

@thelegend

 

You are right Legend.  As I get closer to getting off I want to sprint to the finish line.  I have to remind myself all the time not to do this.  I still get symptomatic if I go to fast, so I have to go slower than slow. Thanks for the reminder.

 

As yes, you will get there.  Just keep holding for a while.  As you may recall I had to hold for a long long time, and I had symptoms that felt like they were going on forever.  It seemed like just as I as starting to feel better the whole thing would start all over with another wave.  This is a terrible situation for any person to be in.  You will improve.

Share this post


Link to post
Frogie

Hi RS

 

Just wanted to stop by and say hi.

 

I noticed how low you are getting on the Zoloft and wanted to say congratulations! You’re almost there.

 

That’s fantastic. 
 

Keep up the great work😊

 

Take care,

 Frogie xx

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
RachelSusan

@Frogie

 

FROGIE!!!!! Great to hear from you.  Are you on lock down?  I've been hiding out in my house for about ten days now.  I'm starting to get a little cabin fever, so to speak.  I hope you are OK.

 

I am indeed getting very low with the Zoloft.  Thanks for the support.  I have noticed that since I got into the lower numbers I am having symptoms again.  Right now it is a very rapid heartbeat in the middle of the night.  I jolt awake and sit there shaking.  I am currently taking a little break from tapering to see if it helps.  Did you have any problems when you got down to where I am (1.625mg)?

 

How are you with your taper of Xanax?  I know for a while it was rather intense, but what about now?  I image this is a difficult thing to do.

 

We will get through this Frogie.  We always do. Because we are fighters.

 

xo
RS

Share this post


Link to post
Frogie
27 minutes ago, RachelSusan said:

@Frogie

 

FROGIE!!!!! Great to hear from you.  Are you on lock down?  I've been hiding out in my house for about ten days now.  I'm starting to get a little cabin fever, so to speak.  I hope you are OK.

 

I am indeed getting very low with the Zoloft.  Thanks for the support.  I have noticed that since I got into the lower numbers I am having symptoms again.  Right now it is a very rapid heartbeat in the middle of the night.  I jolt awake and sit there shaking.  I am currently taking a little break from tapering to see if it helps.  Did you have any problems when you got down to where I am (1.625mg)?

 

How are you with your taper of Xanax?  I know for a while it was rather intense, but what about now?  I image this is a difficult thing to do.

 

We will get through this Frogie.  We always do. Because we are fighters.

 

xo
RS

Hi!

 

We aren’t on lockdown, yet. But I feel it could be anytime. The main city in our state is on lockdown and 2 other counties are. We are in a huge county, but have 50 cases and 2 deaths in our county. We’ve isolated ourselves except for going to the store. Fiancé’s job closed last Tuesday, so filing for emergency unemployment tonight for him. But other than that we are ok. 
 

When I hit around 1 mg I had a lot of nausea, more than I ever did. And I had a lot all through my taper. And I had insomnia bad. Sorry you are going through that. I hope it eases for you soon.
 

I’m doing ok with my Xanax taper. I have some wobbly legs, but I got some spray magnesium and that’s helping a little. I have some internal shaking first thing in the morning, but it’s usually gone by noon or so. It’s so much different than my AD taper. I’ll be done in July, unless I can scrape enough powder to do one more taper in August.

 

We are fighters and we are going to get through all of this and come out winners.

 

It’s great to hear back from you. Miss talking with you 😊

 

Take care,

 Frogie xx

Share this post


Link to post
RachelSusan

@Frogie

 

I miss talking to you as well.  I haven't been on here as much lately. I'll check back in more frequently now that I have more time.

 

xoxo

Share this post


Link to post
Frogie
3 hours ago, RachelSusan said:

@Frogie

 

I miss talking to you as well.  I haven't been on here as much lately. I'll check back in more frequently now that I have more time.

 

xoxo

That would be great. I will check in more often too.

Stay safe!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Share this post


Link to post
Gertie

Hi RS,

Would you mind sharing your current sertraline ratio and how much you pull into a syringe? And what size syringe you have and what the marks on it are?  I'm trying to figure out how much water I need to add to be able to make cuts as small as you do out 3 decimal places.  If you remember, it's for my daughter.  I'm diluting a pill in water, so different than you, but I can make the conversion.  She calls it "pill water" and says it makes her feel sick every day to take it, so I'm trying to keep it as small an amount as possible.

 Right now I make a 1mg/ml solution, and she's on 1mg so that's easy - I give her 1mL.  But if I want to make our first cut at a small percentage, I'm going to have to dilute it more because it's SO hard to get the lines in-between the mLs accurate.  I'm willing to buy better syringes that go to lower amounts if they are available somewhere.

 

I"m in no hurry; she's currently unstable from another medication we had to reduce so I won't be touching her sertraline for months.  I'm just worrying/planning for the future.  I feel better when I have a plan.

 

Thanks for your help!  And for being willing to continue to share your journey.  Every time I start to panic, I re-read your pages.  You continue to give me hope for her and I hope you keep sharing with us as you go.

 

xoxo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Tattycorum
1 hour ago, Gertie said:

Hi RS,

Would you mind sharing your current sertraline ratio and how much you pull into a syringe? And what size syringe you have and what the marks on it are?  I'm trying to figure out how much water I need to add to be able to make cuts as small as you do out 3 decimal places.  If you remember, it's for my daughter.  I'm diluting a pill in water, so different than you, but I can make the conversion.  She calls it "pill water" and says it makes her feel sick every day to take it, so I'm trying to keep it as small an amount as possible.

...

 

Hi Gertie, I saw your post and thought I would reply, since I am tapering by crushing sertraline pills, weighing out an amount to put five days' worth in a capsule, and then diluting a capsule every five days. I keep the solution in the fridge and because the amount weighed changes the amount of liquid remains the same. I use the gem scale recommended in the posts on tapering. I start by getting an average weight per pill: weigh 30 pills, add up their weight, and divide by 30. The attached spreadsheet does the calculations, assuming a 25 mg pill being crushed - just substitute the applicable pill weight (and change the mg if you aren't using 25 mg pills). I start with current dose (1 mg for you) and each month reduce by 10%. I multiply this by five, because each capsule will be five days' worth to dilute. I then translate this mg dose amount to a weight amount. I usually weigh out the capsules in advance and put them in baggies marked by month. When the weights get too low to measure the difference with the scale, increase each capsule from 5 days to 10 days' worth. All amounts are in the attached spreadsheet.

Because the amount of solution taken daily does not change, I easily use this dropper:  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZBH02G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps!

Martha

 

sertraline-taper-example.xlsm

Share this post


Link to post
Frogie

Hi RS:

 

Just wanted to stop by and say hi.

 

Looks like you’re getting really low. That’s great news!

 

Hope you’re doing well 😊

 

Take care,

 Frogie xx

Share this post


Link to post
RachelSusan

@Frogie

 

Hello my friend. Thanks for stopping by.  Yes I am getting really low but at the rate I am going it will probably be another year until I am off. I use the would probably because one never knows with this drug. Still I am very pleased.  Once off I will wait a few months then start tapering the Gabapentin.  It's been a rough ride for both of us but we are doing it. Yippie.

 

I thought I read that you will be getting off Xanax in August. Is that correct?  If so, that is right around the corner.  Wow, I am happy for you. How is every thing else going for you?

 

xo
RS

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Frogie
15 minutes ago, RachelSusan said:

@Frogie

 

Hello my friend. Thanks for stopping by.  Yes I am getting really low but at the rate I am going it will probably be another year until I am off. I use the would probably because one never knows with this drug. Still I am very pleased.  Once off I will wait a few months then start tapering the Gabapentin.  It's been a rough ride for both of us but we are doing it. Yippie.

 

I thought I read that you will be getting off Xanax in August. Is that correct?  If so, that is right around the corner.  Wow, I am happy for you. How is every thing else going for you?

 

xo
RS

 

 

Good morning!

 

But, you are doing a “mostly” uneventful taper. You haven’t had a lot of symptoms which I great. Just normal stuff. I, on the other hand, did my Lexapro taper wrong. Then I listened and it went smoothly for the most part. I can’t believe we’ve done it! 
 

I will be off Xanax in September. I’m doing ok. Normal benzo wd. Muscle aches and some anxiety. But nothing I can’t handle.

 

How are things in your neck of the woods? It’s opening here. Kinda scary. I only go to the grocery store when it’s not crowded and still do curbside as much as possible. I can’t believe people are sitting in restaurants. No way!

 

We are going to make it😊 I’m really happy for you.

 

Take care,

 Frogie xx

Share this post


Link to post
FarmGirlWorks

Hi @RachelSusan, thinking of you and wondering how you are doing. Looks like you're active and fine but one never knows with WD craziness.

Share this post


Link to post
RachelSusan

@FarmGirlWorks

 

Hello FGW,

 

Thank you for stopping by. I am doing alright.  Still staying home in order to avoid Covid and still tapering.  Ever so slowly.  I think I have about a year before I am off the Zoloft.

 

I think you were in a wave in April or May, I can't recall which. How are you doing now?  I so hope you came out of it. Are you primarily at home or are you able to go out and about?  How about bio Dad? Is everything good on that front? I sure hope so.

 

Warmest of wishes,

RS

Share this post


Link to post
FarmGirlWorks
Posted (edited)

So good to get an update from you @RachelSusan. I can't believe how quickly June is going so maybe a year of tapering will fly by. Of course, in a year, the cultural and political landscape will be so so different... yes, I am primarily staying home which is what I was doing before anyway. Ironically, I probably see more people now because they are working from home -- or unemployed. In fact, I am having a flirtation with a newly-unemployed neighbor. Silver linings, right?

 

The dark depression/apathy part of the wave left (thank god) but last Wed developed intense physical fatigue, like muscles and bones hurt to move. This was after I cleaned hard and probably overextended myself. Then, a few days ago, I had "crazy brain" where it felt like my skull was full of electric eels. Maybe it was. Today all seems okay except a tender belly, energy and focus is better. I guess I spoke too soon when I said I was 90% healed but God always laughs when one makes a pronouncement like that. Could be WD or menopause or more likely both. Good times.

 

Visiting bio-dad in Denver next Friday. Concerned about getting the big C en route and then giving it to the old man who is recovering from a hip replacement --  planning to be as careful as possible. Cleaning products and masks are def coming. I figure going in the summer is better than the fall. We might not be even able to fly domestically in the fall.

 

very very bests, Rachel Susan.

Edited by FarmGirlWorks

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy