☼ Yogagirl38: My Zoloft experience with drug-induced parkinsonism, tardive dyskinesia, benign fasiculation

• Mentor
9 hours ago, Sani said:

Hi, I'd just like to share thatafter taking a course of probiotics ( especially containing the strains, L plantarum and B longum) my symptoms have reduced considerably. I feel the antibiotics killed all the serotonin making bacteria in my gut maybe that y it retriggered my withdrawals

Yes, I agree 100% with this. Antibiotic destroy all bacteria (good and bad). That is why so many get triggered into waves after antibiotic use. I will only use them now if it is life or death. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

• 1 year later...

@Yogagirl38 hi. I don't know if you still log on the site but I am past the 3-year mark from SSRI withdrawal and still struggling with symptoms. I could not put a name to the sensation in my face but I'm realizing now it could be hemifacial spasms. And yes it gets aggravated by looking at screens. I'm seeing a neurologist soon for this symptom. Did yours improve? I'd be grateful for an update. I am struggling. Thank you so much! 

Summer 2016 - summer 2018: put on Lexapro, going from 5 mg up to 20 mg over the span of the 2 years (had visited shrink for help with obsessive thinking, was not diagnosed with anything in particular, just prescribed Lexapro 15 mins into first session)

Summer 2018: tapered down by 2.5 mg every few weeks

Protracted withdrawal ever since. 0-14 months began with a massive panic attack that landed me in ER, followed by prolonged anxiety, mental fog and a skin rash on my back. Was regularly consuming alcohol as did not know I was in WD. From then onwards, hit with worse myriad symptoms. Currently at 22 months and have electromagnetic sensitivity, brain zaps, brain fog, memory problems (especially name recall), twitch in right eyebrow, daily waking up at 3 or 4 a.m. with fast heartbeats and "sticky" negative memories, suicidal thoughts, rage episodes, temperature dysregulation, physical numbness & weakness, libido loss.   

• 2 months later...

@Yogagirl38 I hope that you still check in with this site. You are the person who gives me the biggest hope for my tremor symptoms. And I wanted to reach out to you.

If you don't mind me asking, how long did you have those tremor symptoms for, before start tapering the medication? And was it only a head tremor or did you have tremors in other parts of your body as well?

2021 September - 2021 December - Xanax. Started with 0.5, went up to 2 mg, and then started my taper in the end of October

2021 October - 2022 January Citalopram 20mg

2021 October - 2022 January Mirtazapine 15 mg

• 1 year later...

This was really informative, thankyou.

Ive just started this journey and reading this is inspiring.

i really cant wait to be free from these meds.

sertraline(jan 2012)100 mg up to 200.  switched to escitalopram (august 2012) 20 mg)no taper x quetiapine(100mg)  ,Slow taper down to 25 quet (2013)escitalopram (20)( april  2022)Tried olanzapine + prozac for 2 weeks (no taper) switched back to (10 mg escitalopram but skipping doses and (25 quet) last 4 yrs coasting on this duo.

reduced escitalopram on 9 october 2023) took 1 pill 10mg in a week

16 th october , 3x 5mg in a week.  , started this week 5 mg sunday 5 mg monday  375 tuesday and today 25th october 2023) 3 mg liquid)  26th oct 2023 (2.5)mg going to hold here.Also taking oral minoxidil 0.650 mg ,(since jan2021)  magnesium, probiotics, collagen, iron,omega369, (,jan 2022)progesterone 100 mg