Sign in to follow this  
RachelSusan

Symptoms - what are yours and how long do they last?

RachelSusan

Hi, I am curious as to what symptoms other people have in withdrawal as well as during reinstatement of medication. There are lists of symptoms all over this website and all over the internet, but I would love more detail from you personally.  How long do their last for you?  Have you found anything that helps? Also are you in withdrawal or reinstatement?

For me, right now, I feel burning hot and I'm sweating. No fever.  This comes on suddenly, even if I am in a cool place.  It can last 5 minutes or 5 hours.  I keep ice packs in the freezer that I put on the back of my neck until it calms down.

The other current symptom I have is what I call internal tremors, or internal shakes, and muscle twitching.  I had them all day yesterday, as well as some during the night. Usually I have more during the night than during the day, but this time it was the opposite. I find that if I don't sit still I'm not as aware of them, so I try to move around the house. I do a little laundry, fold clothing, that sort of thing. At night I get out of bed and take a lukewarm bath and most recently I'm trying the bath with Epsom salts.  I have tried exercise but that brings on the above sweats along with headaches.

I have these symptoms both in withdrawal and now during reinstatement. I am 15 days into reinstatement.  Hoping for stabilization soon.

I am really interested what other people have to say.

Thank you.

RS

Altostrata

RachelSusan, you'd more likely find this information if you went to the Introductions forum, used search to find Zoloft, and asked questions in people's topics.

The symptom lists are extensive because there's a large variation in what people experience, and their symptoms change often, too. There is no predictable pattern after reinstatement that we know of, other than most people feel better (but some feel worse).

RachelSusan

Hi Altostrata,

Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it.  I did look and found a lot of good information.

RS