Helpingdw: Alternative methods

Helpingdw

I'm looking for anyone who has experience with the following three options:

- Dr Kelly brogan

- brainstate technologies

- Fischer Wallace stimulator

There so much info out there, it's so frustrating not to know who to trust.

I'm looking for anyone with experience either using Dr Brogan and/or one of the other methods above.

Thank you so so much

Finally off of 60 mg celexa. Trying to help dw get off zyprexa and zoloft

Welcome Helpingdw

I can tell you a better place than KB's office and you just found it.

Well done on finding sa.

Would you like to advise how and when you just exited 60mg of celexa. Was it tapered? or cold turkeyed?

How long have you been on these drugs for ? Are you able to put that in the drug sig. That will be helpful.

You might like to run all drugs you are taking through the drugs interaction checker. Then copy and paste results into this thread.

https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

What symptoms if any do you have at the moment?

You are right there is a lot of info out there but when one is trying to get off these drugs there are a lot of people happy to take your money from you yet they havent got a clue how to get people off safely and well.

Cheers

nz11

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Helpingdw,

Dr Kelly Brogan is somebody who gets quite a lot of respect on this site.  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/10714-great-article-on-tapering-from-kelly-brogan-md/

There is some discussion of people's experience with Fischer Wallace here (it does sound a bit gimicky):  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4829-alpha-stim-fisher-wallace-sota-biotuner-pons-and-similar-devices/

I'm sorry I don't know what is meant by brainstate technologies. 

Generally speaking, tapering needs to be done gently and there is little (if anything) you can do to speed it up.  There are certainly things you can do to support yourself during tapering.  Many people find Fish oil and Magnesium useful.  Many of our members also use CBT, EFT, Neurosculpting etc quite successfully to cope with w/d.  There are also valuable tools here:  Non-Drug Techniques to cope with emotional symptoms.

The troublesome thing with SSRIs is that you can't just flush their effects out of your system.  They change the way your brain works, and that takes much longer to heal.  http://survivinganti...el-your-brain/)  For this reason we recommend a gentle taper, reducing by no more than 10% of your current dose each month.  This allows your brain time to adjust as you go, and lessens any withdrawal.  

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature – all drugs/dates/dosages etc - so we can see your situation easily whenever you post, and help you more accurately.  It would be good to know when your wife finished tapering celexa, and how she tapered it.  Thanks.

Which drug to taper first.

Tapering Zprexa

Tapering zoloft

Have a read of those and then you can come back to this thread to discuss things further.  This can be your journal to record your tapering and healing progress, and to ask questions. 

Welcome to SA,

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.