emmabee: unsure ...

emmabee

• Moderator Emeritus
30 minutes ago, emmabee said:

maybe it's been ramped up by the novocaine

Novocaine can definitely ramp up symptoms, especially anxiety-type symptoms.  I know it did with me.  Plus any kind of physical problem, like your tooth extraction, can do the same.  Plus the antibiotics and the worry about the lump.   These ramped up symptoms  will fade in time, though I know that's little comfort right now.

You may already be taking magnesium and omegas.  We don't recommend a lot of supplements but these have proven calming for many members.

The other recommendation I have is this restorative yoga pose for anxiety.  It's helped me a lot. If you have limberness or back problems, just hooking your lower legs on a chair while you lie on the floor also works.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Mentor
18 hours ago, emmabee said:

Last Spring, things just sort of magically got a little better in terms of physical symptoms.  I had a good stretch from May until September

This is very important! Try to focus on this because things can improve again!

A profane suggestion about seasonal cyclic low mood it could be to check level of Vit.d3 or try light therapy. But maybe you had already done these things!

July 2015: the 20mg citalopram for great stress begins

After two years I start tapering (slow but without medical advice) and I guess wrongly. First up to 10 mg, then 5 mg and 2 mg (liquid solution) and skips

January 2020 (I don't remember exactly the day): off citalopram (last dose 2mg).

June 2020: adrenal crash. The beginning of Hell on Earth

Current supplement:

- saffron pill (20 mg) + vit. E, omega 3 (EPA + DHA) 2g, magnesium bisglycinate 300 mg, iron , vitamin D3 (2500ui) +K7 (50 ui), vitamin C (1g) + quercitin (25 mg), theanine (as necessary).

Try meditating / mindfulness, walking every day, CBT/ACT, massage.

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" ("And so we went out to see the stars again")

(Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy , Inferno, XXXIV, 139)

Thanks for the responses.

Yes, I take Omegas and Mag and D.  Yes, I do a lot of calming yoga these days.  Trouble is, a lot of the tools that have helped me over the past few years aren't working for me right now.  Like sitting on my yoga mat trying to relax my muscles and calm my thinking, only to find myself more stressed and clenched.  

It's not helping that I'm still in some pain from the mouth surgery and now the pain in my neck seems to be getting worse at times.  Getting some answers about this stuff might help.  I'm doing my best to not go all doom and gloom about what might be wrong.  

Will be seeing doctor tomorrow to follow up on the ultrasound.  

Anyway, just wanted to say thank for the suggestions.  

Between 1988 and 2003 was on many different meds including Tricyclics, MAOIs, SSRIs, SSNRIs, and mood stabilizers, some helped but not for long.

2003 went off MAOIs and started taking Effexor XR at 450 mg.  

2012 added buspar to augment the Effexor (cannot recall exact dose) stayed on a few months with little effect.

2013 added Ritalin to augment the Effexor, no noticeable benefits so dropped that too.

2014 lowered dose of Effexor to 300mg and started adding Viibrid with negative effects so dropped Viibrid and went back to 450 of Effexor XR.

2015 added 2 mg Abilify to augment the Effexor, slight benefit at first but no lasting effects.

March 2016 tapered off Abilify in about 2 weeks.

April 2016 began to taper off Effexor XR, from 450 to 0 in about 8 weeks total. Somewhere around 37.5 had a serotonin syndrome episode and had to raise dose again for about a week until I started dropping again.  Now i know the entire taper was way too fast.  

May 2016 started taking Lexapro, increased from 5 mg to 10 mg within 10 days.

Tapered off Lexapro starting in September of 2016, dropping at various rates...quicker drops at first, then slowing down to .5 mg drops every 3 weeks or so.  Took last dose on 2/8/17.