Turner: Mirtazapine taper

Turner

Hi,been on mirt 15mg for 18 months.Decid5ed to start cutting in may.1st and 2nd cuts went ok,3rd cut of 7%,has been bad-i had a week ok good health,14 days of feeling like death,10 days of feeling ok,and then the awfulness returned and has remained for 4 weeks, and shows no signs of lifting.I therefore updosed by 2%,3 days ago (meaning last cut was 5%).
I was tempted to updose by 7% to get me to last cut I was stable at but after reading this site I only did 2%.So far no great change.I would love to hear anyones thought on my decision and next move.

Edited by scallywag
tags added

Dec 2014 started on 15mg Mirtazipine due to Severe  Anxiety after closing business.

May 2016 taper of 10% to 13.5mg

june 2016 next taper of 7% to 12.55mg

july 2016 next taper of 7% to 11.7mg

aug 2016 redose of 2% to 11.9mg due to recurrence of withdrawal symptoms which have not gone.

aug 2014 After updose i seem to have regained The New Me.No more cuts for a while.

I am using Mirtazipine liquid for taper.

• Moderator Emeritus

Turner -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)!

I hope you'll find the information in the SA forums enlightening and helpful for your taper.  I'm sorry that you are in the position that you need the information, but am glad that you found us.

Sorry that you hit a large bump in the road of your taper.  It could be that your CNS (central nervous system) is catching up to all the changes and as it's "rewiring" it's firing off symptoms.

What is your current dose of mirtazapine?

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature -- drugs; doses; dates of changes, discontinuations & reinstatements -- in the last 12-18 months particularly? Any drugs prior to that can just be listed with start and stop years. Please put your withdrawal history in signature

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet