Dani -- Zoloft Withdrawals?

Dani

Hey Dani,

I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch. I noticed from your signature that you first went off Zoloft to get pregnant. Me too! Have you put those plans on hold? I have been trying with no luck...

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

Hi Nadia, I have postponed my plans on having children. Right now I don't think I'm strong enough to care for a baby. It really stinks too because since I have so many reproductive issues, doctors told me that I need to hurry up and start.

It also doesn't help that my mom is terminally ill. Going thru withdrawal while caring for a dying parent is very very hard. So I can't imagine adding a baby to the mix. I'm not sure how I'm maintaining my sanity as is.

Dec 2004 - Put on Zoloft after having a panic attack from the Birth Control Ortho Evra Patch (the doctors thought I was completely insane when I told them I think the Birth Control Patch is giving me anxiety/panic. Funny how they tell you NOW that Birth Control can indeed cause anxiety) Started at 25mg, increased to 50 mg and 100 mg in 2007. They made me too sleepy so decreased back to 50mg until 2009. Reduced to 25 mg in 2010.

Oct 2010 - Decided to come off Zoloft to try and have children. Didn't know anything about tapering because apparently, my doctor didn't know about it either. WDs included heart palpitations, dizziness, tinnitus etc. Decided to go back on Zoloft within 2 weeks of stopping.

January 2011 - Knowing a little more about tapering, I decided to stop taking taking Zoloft with my doctors help again. She told me to hurry and taper in 4 weeks because the tinnitus could become permanent. I thought this was too fast so I took another month to taper.

March 30, 2011 - Last Zoloft pill.

Had a little dizziness & sadness, but felt fine until Aug 2011 after a relative died.

Since then symptoms include brain shivers, migraine headaches on right side of head, warm/hot sensations on right side of head and ears, internal vibrations, tremor, muscle twitches, strange sensations in right side of head, anxiety, nervousness, sadness, disconnected, depersonalization, numbness on left side of body at times, neck pain, muscle/rib cage pains,  just don't feel like myself :(

Hi Nadia, I have postponed my plans on having children. Right now I don't think I'm strong enough to care for a baby. It really stinks too because since I have so many reproductive issues, doctors told me that I need to hurry up and start.

It also doesn't help that my mom is terminally ill. Going thru withdrawal while caring for a dying parent is very very hard. So I can't imagine adding a baby to the mix. I'm not sure how I'm maintaining my sanity as is.

That makes a lot of sense. I doubt my own ability to have a child now as well (maybe my body is wisely failing me on that). I cared for my aunt for a year before she died and I can't possibly imagine having the strength to do that now. I really feel for you. I suppose we somehow rise to the challenge. Kudos to you for holding on.

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

• 4 months later...

I'm sorry. I know this doesn't belong here but I'm losing hope. I feel like I'm stuck in a permanent hell. 14 months of not knowing when I'll ever feel better again. I hate waking up in the morning because I know I'll have to go through ANOTHER difficult day...not to mention no support from family. I was told today that all I need to do is go outside and I'd feel better. Wow. If it was that dang simple, don't you'd think I'd go outside? Hell, I'd sleep outside & stay outside forever. Over the weekend, I was told in so many words that I'm just being lazy & need to get a job. Ok, I'm purposely going into debt & living with my parents because I'm lazy & this is all in my head. I'm just so tired of the constant headaches, dizziness, hearing & vision sensitivities, tinnitus, constant fear, tremors, panic & so on. I begged my therapist for Zoloft so I could end this hell...anything... something. Ugh. I can't even go for a simple walk without feeling like hell the next two days.

I'm having surgery soon and I'm terrified I'll have a setback because of it. I getting tired.

Does anyone ever come out of this, honestly? I'm sick of being disabled.

Dec 2004 - Put on Zoloft after having a panic attack from the Birth Control Ortho Evra Patch (the doctors thought I was completely insane when I told them I think the Birth Control Patch is giving me anxiety/panic. Funny how they tell you NOW that Birth Control can indeed cause anxiety) Started at 25mg, increased to 50 mg and 100 mg in 2007. They made me too sleepy so decreased back to 50mg until 2009. Reduced to 25 mg in 2010.

Oct 2010 - Decided to come off Zoloft to try and have children. Didn't know anything about tapering because apparently, my doctor didn't know about it either. WDs included heart palpitations, dizziness, tinnitus etc. Decided to go back on Zoloft within 2 weeks of stopping.

January 2011 - Knowing a little more about tapering, I decided to stop taking taking Zoloft with my doctors help again. She told me to hurry and taper in 4 weeks because the tinnitus could become permanent. I thought this was too fast so I took another month to taper.

Had a little dizziness & sadness, but felt fine until Aug 2011 after a relative died.

Since then symptoms include brain shivers, migraine headaches on right side of head, warm/hot sensations on right side of head and ears, internal vibrations, tremor, muscle twitches, strange sensations in right side of head, anxiety, nervousness, sadness, disconnected, depersonalization, numbness on left side of body at times, neck pain, muscle/rib cage pains,  just don't feel like myself :(

I'm sorry. I know this doesn't belong here but I'm losing hope. I feel like I'm stuck in a permanent hell. 14 months of not knowing when I'll ever feel better again. I hate waking up in the morning because I know I'll have to go through ANOTHER difficult day...not to mention no support from family. I was told today that all I need to do is go outside and I'd feel better. Wow. If it was that dang simple, don't you'd think I'd go outside? Hell, I'd sleep outside & stay outside forever. Over the weekend, I was told in so many words that I'm just being lazy & need to get a job. Ok, I'm purposely going into debt & living with my parents because I'm lazy & this is all in my head. I'm just so tired of the constant headaches, dizziness, hearing & vision sensitivities, tinnitus, constant fear, tremors, panic & so on. I begged my therapist for Zoloft so I could end this hell...anything... something. Ugh. I can't even go for a simple walk without feeling like hell the next two days.

I'm having surgery soon and I'm terrified I'll have a setback because of it. I getting tired.

Does anyone ever come out of this, honestly? I'm sick of being disabled.

You too, eh? Going for a walk, no matter how short, does help, so family is right in that respect. Being called a bum, been there, done that. Forget about trying to change their minds, it's not going to happen.

I don't know where you live, but have you tried calling a crisis line, a Warm Line or Samaritans? At least they'll listen and give you a shoulder to cry on.

History:

1995--Prozac--Quit CT by GP

1995--Effexor--Quit per my GP

1996--Amitriphene--Quit CT when changed GP

2005--Citalopram and BusPar. Prescribed when I decompensated in my GP's office. GP referred me to behavior health. Psychiatrist prescibed these drugs. Taken off citalopram in 2011 due to FDA warning. Quit Buspar during transition to viibryd.

Viibryd--2011 to present. Had a severe reaction in March 2012. Advised both GP and Psychiatrist I was trying to get off these drugs.

Hi, Dani, HUGS from northern Nevada!!! I know all the misery you 're talking about. I have various versions of this just about every day, too. Are you taking any other medications right now or supplements. I've found that other "foreign" substances can also intensify your symptoms. Really question whatever you put in your mouth, including food and "food like substances".

A question came up a few days ago about protein causing more anxiety, in particular the dried protein you use to make protein shakes with, with whey as the primary ingredient. Turns out, the powder contains thousands of mg of glutamic acid, or mono sodium glutamate. Not good for our already inflamed, tortured brains. I was using the product for a couple years and I really think that was not helping, maybe even keeping me sick. No more protein shakes for breakfast. I think we have to stick with good clean, whole foods, limit sugar and alcohol. Walk when you can, get some sun on your face.

Not easy, I know.

As far as the family trials, you know the truth behind your suffering. Keep on keeping on! We're all your friends. We know what you're going through!!

I started withdrawing off remeron in August of 2009, with the help of a holistic physician.The reason for the withdrawal was a year or two of off and on nausea, deterioration in my thinking, and more depression. It took me a full year to work from 135 mg down to 45mg. At that point, more drops were causing more depression. Unfortuately, the nervousness that I was also feeling for the last year continued with the 45 mg. Thirty one days ago, I stopped the remeron. I am still feeling the nervousness every day and the last week, I am feeling what I think is depression but not sure. In bed in the morning, I'm already dreading another day feeling this way. I am intensely unsure of myself and find it very hard to do anything. I was a practicing veterinarian for 29 years until I found I could not practice anymore. First of all I couldn't think, or remember, and I had absolutely no confidence in anything I did. These were things I did with relative ease for twenty+ years. So, this feeling of no confidence has been during the time I was on the AD(the last 2 years) and today. I take no other medication other than my blood pressure meds. I tried supplements with my holistic dr. but they seemed to make the intense nervousness even more intense. Anyway, I truly feel stuck.

Thank you guys. I was having a major meltdown...and still am. Everyday the symptoms are different. Last week, I had headaches complete with tremors/shakes, sweating, etc. Also if I waited too long to eat, I'd feel like I'd pass out...almost like a hypoglycemic nervous attack. My left arm & hand gets numb for a few minutes, then goes back to normal. I have been extremely bloated & gassy...then it goes back to normal. It's almost like my nervous system is confused or something. I need to be normal b/c I have bills and abt to lose everything. I'm just so tired of this.

Dani I had a friend I met on another website who cold turkeyed Zoloft. He was not well for 2 years. Same symptoms as you. I don't know what happened we lost touch.

Did you go CT?

It's not in your head. You aren't a lazy bum. You have been affected by the Zoloft and yes, these drugs are that potent.

Can you have your family read thru this site, so that they can better understand?

Some people try another medication (thats me), or reinstate the old one at a tiny dose, and some weather the storm and remain drug free. When you will turn a corner, no on can say for certain. I wish I could give you a concrete guarantee. I wish I could do that for myself.

Hang in there.....

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Dani I had a friend I met on another website who cold turkeyed Zoloft. He was not well for 2 years. Same symptoms as you. I don't know what happened we lost touch.

Did you go CT?

It's not in your head. You aren't a lazy bum. You have been affected by the Zoloft and yes, these drugs are that potent.

Can you have your family read thru this site, so that they can better understand?

Some people try another medication (thats me), or reinstate the old one at a tiny dose, and some weather the storm and remain drug free. When you will turn a corner, no on can say for certain. I wish I could give you a concrete guarantee. I wish I could do that for myself.

Hang in there.....

Hugs

My doctor told me to taper in one month, which I thought was too fast. So I added an extra month & half to the taper. Little did I know, 2.5 months wasn't any better.

• Administrator

Dani, I combined your two topics, so we can follow your entire story.

It sounds like you are having waves. Yes, it's your nervous system trying to correct itself.

Maybe you can address the symptoms one by one, with a few habit changes:

- Hypoglycemia-like episodes: Take care to eat more regularly.

- Numbness in arm: Regular stretching, massage. (It is your mousing hand? I got symptoms in mine.)

- Gas and bloating: Non-irritating diet, eliminate some foods.

If you can reduce any of these, it will help your nervous system stabilize.

How is your sleeping?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Dani, I combined your two topics, so we can follow your entire story.

It sounds like you are having waves. Yes, it's your nervous system trying to correct itself.

Maybe you can address the symptoms one by one, with a few habit changes:

- Hypoglycemia-like episodes: Take care to eat more regularly.

- Numbness in arm: Regular stretching, massage. (It is your mousing hand? I got symptoms in mine.)

- Gas and bloating: Non-irritating diet, eliminate some foods.

If you can reduce any of these, it will help your nervous system stabilize.

How is your sleeping?

Thank you so much Alto. My sleeping is pretty decent so far. I have noticed that I have all these different symptoms that last a week or two & disappear for a while. The arm numbness is in my left arm, not my mousing hand, which always makes me concerned. I also get tightness in my ribcage. Ugh! It's like my nervous system is tweaking itself. So in my head I try to tell myself that "this will pass". It's just so dang difficult.

• 3 weeks later...

Dani,

Just wondering how you r doing. Update? Hope its a good one

Everything was ok. And then it wasn't.

Med History

11/2009- 50 mg Zoloft (1st ad ever) in combo w/.50 xanax for 2 weeks then use xanax as needed (1st benzo ever)

9 days on Zoloft, I was awake for 9 days straight C/T Zoloft

11/2009- trazadone to sleep for 2 weeks c/t Trazadone

12/2009 start 10 mg Lexapro w/ Xanax as needed

5/2010-3 week taper off lexapro

9/2010? back to Lexapro 10 mg after 5 or 6 weeks c/t leapro

12/2010-10mg paxil

5/2011-6 week paxil taper

8/2011 5mg lexapro

last lexapro pill January 7 2012

all this as per doc orders Thanks Doc!

• 3 months later...

Dani,

Just wondering how you r doing. Update? Hope its a good one

Hi. I had surgery in July & I'm still recovering from surgery...and I'm still in withdrawal. I had almost a week were i felt nearly normal in the beginning of September but it didn't last. It felt like false hope...but at the same time, it gave me a tiny amount of optimism that I'll be out of withdrawal one day.

• 2 months later...

Hello All,

Sorry for the delay on any updates. Some days are okay...but I'm not where i wish i could be. I have made some improvements though. The other day, i thought about how i was feeling this time last year. i was feeling horrible then. I don't feel horrible all the time now, but i really hope i feel close to 100% this time next year.

Each day is different. Some days i feel really good. Other days i feel really bad. Some days I'm filled with anger, others it's sadness & depression, others it's lots of anxiety, others i feel dizzy or drained. I still get physical symptoms every so often (headaches, tremor, panic etc) My ears are still ringing too. Some days are worse than others, but whether it's hi or low, i just wish it would go away. It doesn't help that I'm caring for my sick mother throughout this ordeal.

I had surgery in July & a week after my surgery I started waking up in the middle of the night with panic attacks. That lasted about 10 days. It still happens sometimes. Never experienced that before surgery.

On the days i feel good, i try to get outside & go for a walk. Sometimes the anticipatory anxiety is hard to deal with but I'm really focused on becoming completely 'normal' again. I'm still not comfortable going too far outside alone, but i hope i can overcome this fear soon. I just can't wait to get better so i can move on with my life.

Hi Dani,

I am so sorry for all the suffering you have been through.

I am so scared about coming off the Zoloft, even though I know it is time. I am almost done law school and being vey sick from withdrawal could put such a wrench in my plans.

Hope you are well today

Blessings Skier

Oxy addiction in high school. Went to rehab in 2001. Never touched them again.

2009 Suicide Attempt hospitalization started on 50 mg Zoloft Was on some other meds in the hospital don't remember

Just stayed on Zoloft over time dose went up to where I am know 200mg daily

Hi Dani,

I am so sorry for all the suffering you have been through.

I am so scared about coming off the Zoloft, even though I know it is time. I am almost done law school and being vey sick from withdrawal could put such a wrench in my plans.

Hope you are well today

Blessings Skier

Thank you Skier. When you decide to taper, make sure you follow the taper schedule. If your doctor tells you to taper in weeks, DON'T BELIEVE IT!! Do it very slowly.

This site will definitely help you!! Alto is the best!

Take care!

Dani I have a neice having alot of your symptoms while taking Zoloft. She's been going to a major hospital for tests on her brain because of things happening in the back of her head. She reports the cold water sensation also and thinks she's bleeding in her brain. Needless to say they've found nothing. More drugs were added. Adderal I think.. I took Zoloft for 3months and had terrible WD when I was switched to Celexa. That had alot to do with why I never adjusted to the Celexa and now am tapering. You are in the right place for advice...We are all in this together.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

Hi dani, thanks so much for posting your update. I'm an ex zoloft user too so i follow your progress. It seems like you're making some headway with recovering from this wd, even though you're still nowhere near right it's so good to hear there are some improvements.It's funny to hear(maybe funny isn't the right word!) that you experience tightness under your ribcage - i get this too. I also have pains in my back where my kidneys are- do you get this. Other things I have are pains in my left eye (although so not often), left arm pains, numbness of my arms in my sleep and aching in my hips. I'm 9 months off now - glad to hear things getting a little better. x

Had taken sertraline and Prozac for approx 6 weeks each in 2001 and 2006. Stopped c/t both times no prob. October 2011 started sertraline again. December 2011 started getting weird symptoms (stomach ache and numb limbs in my sleep) so decided I wanted off the 50mg sertraline. Cut in half in december and reduced to 25mg. Knew I was in trouble as went into withdrawals. Managed to stabilise quickly though and thought I could quickly come off 25mg. Stopped the 25mg in march 2012. Went into withdrawal and experiencing for almost 3 years now.

Hi dani, thanks so much for posting your update. I'm an ex zoloft user too so i follow your progress. It seems like you're making some headway with recovering from this wd, even though you're still nowhere near right it's so good to hear there are some improvements.It's funny to hear(maybe funny isn't the right word!) that you experience tightness under your ribcage - i get this too. I also have pains in my back where my kidneys are- do you get this. Other things I have are pains in my left eye (although so not often), left arm pains, numbness of my arms in my sleep and aching in my hips. I'm 9 months off now - glad to hear things getting a little better. x

I have had all the symptoms you listed...the exact same things. I still get them but a little less intense. I've been off Zoloft for nearly 20 months. *sigh* i can't wait until i reach recovery.

Dani I have a neice having alot of your symptoms while taking Zoloft. She's been going to a major hospital for tests on her brain because of things happening in the back of her head. She reports the cold water sensation also and thinks she's bleeding in her brain. Needless to say they've found nothing. More drugs were added. Adderal I think.. I took Zoloft for 3months and had terrible WD when I was switched to Celexa. That had alot to do with why I never adjusted to the Celexa and now am tapering. You are in the right place for advice...We are all in this together.

I've had a CT scan & a MRI done & both came back normal also. I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one to experience that strange cold sensations in my head.

• 7 months later...

Hello all. It's been a roller coaster. My mom passed away so it's been very emotional.

My nerves are shot. Depression, sadness, etc.

I'm feeling very itchy also. My doc said it's gotta be my nerves since all my blood work came out better than normal. I also can't tolerate vitamin C anymore or citric acid...which means i can't eat all the things i love. Ugh. I think the intolerance to vitamin C is because i had to take 500mg of it everyday for 3 months after my surgery last year. This has been going on since late December.

Should/can i take Benadryl for my itchiness? I'm nervous about feeling completely out of my mind from it.

I've been working with a therapist since my mom was diagnosed with cancer so it helps. BUT I MISS MY MOM TERRIBLY. I'm still going thru withdrawal but i can see progress. It's been 28 months. Still a work in progress.

):

god bless you girl..I went through the passing of my mom too. It gets easier..You will see her again. She watches you...I honestly believe that.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

god bless you girl..I went through the passing of my mom too. It gets easier..You will see her again. She watches you...I honestly believe that.

Thank you. I really believe my mom watches me. I think that's the only thing keeping me going everyday.

Dani,

Did you experience (or maybe still experiencing) any short-term memory issues during WD? Any fuzzy thinking or feeling like your brain doesn't function as well as it used to? Out of all of the symptoms, these symptoms have made me the most uneasy. I have seen slight improvement but at a slow pace. Of course, some days are better than others.

Sertraline 2002-May 2012 for Social Anxiety/Depression
Prozac July 2012-November 2012
Tapered off and no longer taking any antidepressants

Dani,Did you experience (or maybe still experiencing) any short-term memory issues during WD? Any fuzzy thinking or feeling like your brain doesn't function as well as it used to? Out of all of the symptoms, these symptoms have made me the most uneasy. I have seen slight improvement but at a slow pace. Of course, some days are better than others.

Yes I've experienced brain fog. It's not as bad as it was, but it's still present.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm very sorry about your mother, Dani.  For what it's worth you sound very strong considering how much is on your plate with withdrawal and your mother passing away.  The internet isn't ideal for this sort of thing, but my heart goes out to you.  Please let us know if things get more difficult (or less).  Stay in touch!

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

2 month taper down to zero

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

6 or so months back to regular dose of 150 - was able to restabilize fine.

3 month taper back to zero

1 HORRENDOUS week at zero

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

One week at 150 - unable to stabilize.

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

I'm very sorry about your mother, Dani. For what it's worth you sound very strong considering how much is on your plate with withdrawal and your mother passing away. The internet isn't ideal for this sort of thing, but my heart goes out to you. Please let us know if things get more difficult (or less). Stay in touch!

Thank you very very much! I will definitely keep in touch with my process. Hopefully things will get better for myself as well as everyone here on the site.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

Dani, how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hello All,

I know it has been forever since I've been here. I was (am) dealing with MAJOR depression since losing my mom in May 2013. Going through grief AND withdrawal is....not the business. It's horrible. I am in therapy once a week to help with grief and anxiety.

I have been off Zoloft for nearly 4 years. It will be 4 years Zoloft free on March 30, 2015 and some withdrawal symptoms are better, but some seem to linger. I also have new ones every so often. I usually classify it as a "spell'. When I have these symptoms, my ears ring, which was a major withdrawal symptom in my earlier days of dealing with this. Now, when my ears ring, I pretty much know something is about to happen.

Well, earlier this month, I have been VERY stressed with some family issues and I have been VERY angry. I'm not sure if it was the hormones I was taking to treat endometrosis or what. But all of a sudden, when I would eat a meal, the left side of my upper back started hurting. So, I decided to google my symptoms. Word to the wise...NEVER GOOGLE YOUR SYMPTOMS! I read that it could be acute pancreatitis, which sent me into a talespin. I was so scared. I went to the hospital and they did an X-ray and ran blood tests to check enzymes. Well, all of those tests came back normal. But I'm still in pain, and now I'm extra bloated and constantly belching. I can't really pass gas so I've been drinking prune juice which has helped. But The bloating and gas has been horrible. I followed up with my regular doctor and she told me to take Prilosec.

I took the Prilosec for three days and I started to notice that I developed heartburn. I have never had heartburn ever in my life. I stopped taking the Prilosec after three days because the heartburn became too much and the bloating never stopped. Now, I'm in rebound acid reflux/heartburn, which is getting better, but its still there slightly.

I can't imagine why I am so bloated. I'm not sure if the pain in my back is trapped gas, but it hurts especially after eating. I couldn't get an appointment with the GI doctor until the end of March, which is horrible because I can only take 4 bites of food and then I become very full. I'm only 115 pounds to begin with. I can't afford to lose anymore weight.

Could this be withdrawal? Goodness. I thought all the other symptoms were hard to deal with...and I've had plenty. I think every single part of my body has been through withdrawal.

I've been cutting raw ginger and making my own tea which seems to help, but before I know it, I'm full of gas/bloating again :(

UGH....this journey seems neverending, but I am very thankful for the "normal" days I have had.

Sorry it's so hard Dani..hugs xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Sorry it's so hard Dani..hugs xx

Thank you xoxo

• 4 weeks later...

hi dani,

i just read your update. i hope you are feeling better. did you go to the GI doctor yet? i can totally relate. i am almost 2 years off zoloft and have been riddled with health issues since wd, too. it's hard to keep anxiety and stress down when I'm constantly scared and dealing with health issues! and then there is the confusion of a WD issue that will go way on it's own or something real i need to investigate. turning 40 hasn't been kind to me.

i'm sorry about your mom. i lost my mom 9 years ago. the first few years were really rough but it does get easier. knowing she is always with me in my heart helps. i think i had to reprocess a bunch of it all over again during wd which was pretty tough.

it's wonderful to hear that a lot of your WD symptoms are better.  i get the "spells", too. my ears ring more, and i get heart palpitations and this general agitation and uneasiness thought my body and slightly feel like i may pass out or something. i feel like my body is in a mind frenzy for awhile and then it lightens up and passes. i haven't really heard anything else mention them so i wasn't sure if i was the only one.

take care, and i hope your gas and bloated-ness has passed.

on 37.5 - 50mg zoloft/sertraline for GAD from 3/1996 to 4/2013 (17 years) 

too fast taper from 1/13-4/13

• 1 year later...

Hello All,

I know it has been forever since I've been here. I was (am) dealing with MAJOR depression since losing my mom in May 2013. Going through grief AND withdrawal is....not the business. It's horrible. I am in therapy once a week to help with grief and anxiety.

I have been off Zoloft for nearly 4 years. It will be 4 years Zoloft free on March 30, 2015 and some withdrawal symptoms are better, but some seem to linger. I also have new ones every so often. I usually classify it as a "spell'. When I have these symptoms, my ears ring, which was a major withdrawal symptom in my earlier days of dealing with this. Now, when my ears ring, I pretty much know something is about to happen.

Well, earlier this month, I have been VERY stressed with some family issues and I have been VERY angry. I'm not sure if it was the hormones I was taking to treat endometrosis or what. But all of a sudden, when I would eat a meal, the left side of my upper back started hurting. So, I decided to google my symptoms. Word to the wise...NEVER GOOGLE YOUR SYMPTOMS! I read that it could be acute pancreatitis, which sent me into a talespin. I was so scared. I went to the hospital and they did an X-ray and ran blood tests to check enzymes. Well, all of those tests came back normal. But I'm still in pain, and now I'm extra bloated and constantly belching. I can't really pass gas so I've been drinking prune juice which has helped. But The bloating and gas has been horrible. I followed up with my regular doctor and she told me to take Prilosec.

I took the Prilosec for three days and I started to notice that I developed heartburn. I have never had heartburn ever in my life. I stopped taking the Prilosec after three days because the heartburn became too much and the bloating never stopped. Now, I'm in rebound acid reflux/heartburn, which is getting better, but its still there slightly.

I can't imagine why I am so bloated. I'm not sure if the pain in my back is trapped gas, but it hurts especially after eating. I couldn't get an appointment with the GI doctor until the end of March, which is horrible because I can only take 4 bites of food and then I become very full. I'm only 115 pounds to begin with. I can't afford to lose anymore weight.

Could this be withdrawal? Goodness. I thought all the other symptoms were hard to deal with...and I've had plenty. I think every single part of my body has been through withdrawal.

I've been cutting raw ginger and making my own tea which seems to help, but before I know it, I'm full of gas/bloating again :(

UGH....this journey seems neverending, but I am very thankful for the "normal" days I have had.

I know this post was some time ago Dani but I have this too and was wondering if it has improved for you?

I have complicated things by having a car accident... and one time when I could not eat like happens sometimes my pancreas came up bad in my blood work I don't think it is especially related to the bloating as much as it may be related to not being able to eat and pain... so many other things are going on it is hard to keep one thing top of the list. I learned after a surgery one time to warm the prune juice you will go to the bath room faster and often that helps... with gas but not always. 

I have had a ton of digestive issues since quitting these drugs and do take probiotics hit and miss seems my system only wants a certain amount of them too.....it may be worth trying them. 

peace

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)