Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

• Moderator Emeritus

That's great Frogie hope it keeps up.

Don't overdo it though, dust will be back anyway.😀

Escitalopram 10mgs from mid 2007 ( can't remember exact date) to 11th Dec 2018

Fentanyl patches ( don't remember dose ) from Nov 2014 to 11 Dec 2018

Quit both cold turkey Dec 2018

Reinstated 3rd March 2019 2.5 mgs.

Updosed  8March to 5mgs and holding

25/11/19 Started taper 4.5mgs and holding

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Sassenach said:

That's great Frogie hope it keeps up.

Don't overdo it though, dust will be back anyway.😀

Thanks Sassenach:

I’m just bored. Nothing here in the town I live in. Be glad when I can actually go to a store and see things. Now we order everything online and hope it fits or works.

As much as I don’t care for Home Depot, I’ll actually be glad to see it lol...

You are very right, dust comes back especially where I live. I live on the plains. Cows, corn, wheat, lots of fields and tumbleweeds. Be glad to see civilization.

I hope you are doing well.

Again, thanks for stopping by, it means a lot that people care.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Hi Frogie.  How are you doing?  I saw that you are going to the doc for your finger.  Don't worry too much.  It would be very unlikely that it's cancer on your finger.  They'll numb you up and you wont feel a thing either.  

Have a nice rest of your day.

1994-2009 benzos from age 20 to 36.  Added Cymbalta 60mg in 2007.

2008-2009 tapered benzos to zero and quit Cymbalta Cold turkey.  WD HELL for two years

2011 started on Lexapro to combat the withdrawal and it worked.  

2015 switched to Prozac as Lexapro was not working as well

2017 quit Prozac cold turkey November and crashed into WD.  Reinstated Prozac In December with no benefit. 

2018 Switched back to Lexapro in January and it took most of the issues away in around 2-3 weeks

2019 In February Lexapro has pooped out and WD feelings back.  Tolerance WD I'm sure.

March 12th Upped my dose to 30 mgs per doctor's advice to see if Tolerance WD goes away but have had worsening sleep issues with limbs jerking and less sleep.

March 17th dropped back down to 20 mgs and had less limb jerking last night but sleep no better.  

April 20th cut to 18mg.            

1 minute ago, RandyJames said:

Hi Frogie.  How are you doing?  I saw that you are going to the doc for your finger.  Don't worry too much.  It would be very unlikely that it's cancer on your finger.  They'll numb you up and you wont feel a thing either.  

Have a nice rest of your day.

Hi RandyJames:

Thanks for the encouragement, I really need it.

With health anxiety and OCD, you always think the worst.

It’s highly unlikely that it’s cancer? I sure hope so.

I’m feeling well. Knock on wood lol...

How are you doing? Hope well... or at least better than you were.🤞🏻

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Hi Frogie.  How'd the doctors turn out?  I hope your finger is feeling ok.  

I have a question about weighing the pills.  I'm starting my taper when my scale gets here tomorrow and I saw that you were weighing ten tablets at a time.  Is there no way to weigh just one tablet and then crush it and discard 10% of it's weight using the scale?  

I ordered this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TDNAM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

I'm soooo bad at math I don't know if I could even do it the way you are.  I didn't understand what I read at all.  Please help me! lol.  

Thanks Frogie!

2008-2009 tapered benzos to zero and quit Cymbalta Cold turkey.  WD HELL for two years

2017 quit Prozac cold turkey November and crashed into WD.  Reinstated Prozac In December with no benefit. 

2018 Switched back to Lexapro in January and it took most of the issues away in around 2-3 weeks

2019 In February Lexapro has pooped out and WD feelings back.  Tolerance WD I'm sure.

March 12th Upped my dose to 30 mgs per doctor's advice to see if Tolerance WD goes away but have had worsening sleep issues with limbs jerking and less sleep.

March 17th dropped back down to 20 mgs and had less limb jerking last night but sleep no better.  

April 20th cut to 18mg.            

Well I think I have the math figured out.  I just had to reread it a bunch of times.  I'm sorry.  Please understand my head is really not working right.  Yesterday I tried to unlock my front door using the car key remote, did all of the dishes by hand while standing in front of the dishwasher, left my food out to go bad, set up our phone and wondered why it wasn't working when all I had done was set it on the counter without attaching a single cord to it, wrote down a bunch of info over the phone and then threw the paper away and the list goes on.  

Brass monkey suggested to follow the brassmonkey slide.  I'm really considering it, though it is slower and I want to get off the meds as fast as possible.  I guess it isn't that much longer though.  I am thinking maybe I can start at 10% drops a month and then switch to the slide method.  

How are you doing?  I hope you're still doing great! 

April 20th cut to 18mg.            

Hi RandyJames.    I have been around the block a few times with Paxil tapering over the years.    I think the BrassMonkey slide is a great plan.   Less of a shock to the body and brain than 10% tapering.....IMO.

Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg, Multi vit., Calcium, D3,  Magnesium, Fish Oil, Melatonin,  Ambien 3.3 mg 1 or 2X/mo.  Benadryl-seldom, .......2002 - eliminated alcohol

2002- Paxil - 20 mg (3 WD attempts: 2005, 2008, 2010)

2011 - 30 mg 

2018 - 40 mg- Sept to Nov} {Dec - 37.5}

Jan 2, 2019 - 35 mg

Jan 11 -  33.75 mg

Jan 28 - 32.5 mg

Feb 4 -  33.75 mg 

Mar 4 - 32 mg

Mar 30 - 30 mg

1 hour ago, Gracee said:

Hi RandyJames.    I have been around the block a few times with Paxil tapering over the years.    I think the BrassMonkey slide is a great plan.   Less of a shock to the body and brain than 10% tapering.....IMO.

Thanks Gracee.  I've been thinking about it and I'm leaning towards it.  I may kick it off with a 10% drop as I read that at first the drops don't have as dramatic effect as they do the more the dose goes down.  I asked brassmonkey about this so I'm waiting to see what he thinks.

How are you doing at this point in your taper?  May I ask what your symptoms are?  Has anything gotten better or worse for you?

Thanks for taking the time to give your opinion.  I really appreciate it.

April 20th cut to 18mg.            

44 minutes ago, RandyJames said:

How are you doing at this point in your taper?  May I ask what your symptoms are?  Has anything gotten better or worse for you?

Thanks for taking the time to give your opinion.  I really appreciate it.

I am doing quite well, thanks.   I am still at what is considered a large dose of Paxil (30 mg).   My last two cuts have been 5% and 6%.   I plan to stay at my current dose for at least six-weeks.   WD symptoms start around day 4 or 5 of a taper and consist of dizziness, foggy-head, some queasiness and often lethargy.   Symptoms usually ease  up after a couple of weeks.   I try to remain positive, get out of bed by 7:30 a.m., keep busy and rest when necessary.   I  learned from previous WD attempts several years ago, that withdrawing from smaller doses is more difficult, require smaller cuts and longer rest periods between cuts.   
Best wishes to you RandyJames.

Oh....one more thing.    Our body and brain want consistency.  Up-dosing, then down-dosing, then up-dosing or switching drugs is usually to much of a shock to our CNS and can result in a lot of discomfort.

G.

Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg, Multi vit., Calcium, D3,  Magnesium, Fish Oil, Melatonin,  Ambien 3.3 mg 1 or 2X/mo.  Benadryl-seldom, .......2002 - eliminated alcohol

2002- Paxil - 20 mg (3 WD attempts: 2005, 2008, 2010)

2011 - 30 mg 

2018 - 40 mg- Sept to Nov} {Dec - 37.5}

Jan 2, 2019 - 35 mg

Jan 11 -  33.75 mg

Jan 28 - 32.5 mg

Feb 4 -  33.75 mg 

Mar 4 - 32 mg

Mar 30 - 30 mg

23 hours ago, RandyJames said:

Hi Frogie.  How'd the doctors turn out?  I hope your finger is feeling ok.  

I have a question about weighing the pills.  I'm starting my taper when my scale gets here tomorrow and I saw that you were weighing ten tablets at a time.  Is there no way to weigh just one tablet and then crush it and discard 10% of it's weight using the scale?  

I ordered this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TDNAM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

I'm soooo bad at math I don't know if I could even do it the way you are.  I didn't understand what I read at all.  Please help me! lol.  

Thanks Frogie!

Yeah you can weigh each pill individually, then crush it and take off 10%. But keep the extra powder that you don’t use and put it in an empty pill container because you can use it to make more pills.

It’s just easier for me to weigh 10 pills and divide the amount by 10 to get an average.

The dr cut my finger open and got out what ever was in there. It was called a fellon cyst but it wasn’t cancer. It hurts like crazy, but at least I know it’s over with.

I hope you’re doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Frogie.  How have you been doing?  I hope you're doing well and having a nice day.  

April 20th cut to 18mg.            

15 hours ago, RandyJames said:

Hi Frogie.  How have you been doing?  I hope you're doing well and having a nice day.  

Thanks RandyJames:

I was going to do a quick update.

Hope you are doing well...

Take care,

Frogie xx

Quick Update:

It’s been a month since I took my last dose of Lexapro.😊

So far, I can say it’s gone pretty well.

I’ve had some nausea a couple of days, that was in the beginning though. It’s gone.

This week, I’ve had a lot of situational anxiety. Our renters are being evicted, we finally put a contract on a house in a city! But all the paperwork they want in the 1st 3-4 days is insane. Lock in interest rates, do this, do that, it’s overwhelming! And my fiancé doesn’t have everything quite done to put this place on the market, so that adds to the anxiety. Nor has he got a job up there. He’s applied, and does have a couple interviews set up, but nothing in stone. He still has to work at his current job. Can’t just quit...

Both my fiancé and I have a lot of broken sleep because of all the stress going on. But I’m going to make it!

I’m pushing through the anxiety because it is situational, and I know it will settle down as soon as our lives settle down. I know the 9th of May is going to be a tough day. Brownie, my 16 year old chihuahua will be gone 1 year. I miss her so much. I think I’d be calmer if she were here. But she’s looking down on me, saying “Mommy, you’re going to make it”.

I’ve only had a couple of days of tears, where I didn’t think the anxiety would go away. But it does subside when I just sit down and relax and take some deep breaths.

If all that wasn’t going on, I’d feel great!

One more month on the Xanax and I’ll start tapering it. And I’m only going to do a 5% taper. Slow...

Other than that, I’m happy. Just wish the anxiety would settle down.

Just thought I’d let everyone know what’s going on.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Frogie said:

But she’s looking down on me, saying “Mommy, you’re going to make it”.

Brownie is right.  

Sorry you're having this situational anxiety, but you're doing great.  And congratulations on the house.  I know you'll be thrilled to be back in a city.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

46 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Brownie is right.  

Sorry you're having this situational anxiety, but you're doing great.  And congratulations on the house.  I know you'll be thrilled to be back in a city.

Thanks Gridley:

I know it’s just situational with everything going on. It will calm down soon. They just all hit you at once with 100’s of papers to sign. Inspectors and on and on. It will be over the end of May. Then my fiancé can concentrate on finding a job. I’ll be so happy to be back in a city I can’t wait!

I really appreciate you stopping by. I hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Frogie

I think you are doing incredibly well.

A survey over here reported the two most stressful thing in life, 1- Divorce, 2- Moving house.

Brownie may well be looking down so close your eyes and picture happy days with her.

Since I lost Mac I have done this, at first tearful but then he made me smile just as he did in life.

Stay strong and calm.

You have done it and I admire you.

Nothing can stop you now, bumps in the road to your new life are normal for everybody even us.

Sassenach

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Sassenach said:

Hi Frogie

I think you are doing incredibly well.

A survey over here reported the two most stressful thing in life, 1- Divorce, 2- Moving house.

Brownie may well be looking down so close your eyes and picture happy days with her.

Since I lost Mac I have done this, at first tearful but then he made me smile just as he did in life.

Stay strong and calm.

You have done it and I admire you.

Nothing can stop you now, bumps in the road to your new life are normal for everybody even us.thanks Sassenach

Sassenach

Thanks Sassenach:

I really appreciate the encouragement. 

I try try so hard to see Brownie sitting next to me. And it brings tears to me eyes. But she was my everything.

It’s hard doing all this house stuff by myself but has to be done.

I’m going to make it!

Once again, I really appreciate you stopping by.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Mentor

Hi Frogie,

I believe that next week will make a year since you lost Brownie.  I imagine that between now and then it might be more difficult for you than usual.  I wanted to let you know I am thinking about you. 

xoxo

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

3 hours ago, RachelSusan said:

Hi Frogie,

I believe that next week will make a year since you lost Brownie.  I imagine that between now and then it might be more difficult for you than usual.  I wanted to let you know I am thinking about you. 

xoxo

Thanks RS:

You are right. Brownie will be gone 1 year on the 9th of May. I still get teary thinking about her. I wish he was here. She always kept me calm.

We put a contract on a house about 40 minutes away from my hometown. So we close on it May 30th. I’m trying to handle all of that, the property we currently have and our tenants eviction.

I’m under a lot of stress. But if I sit down and just breathe, I’m ok.

Once again, thanks for thinking of me. It’s very kind of you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Mentor

Wow Frogie, you do have a lot of things going on.  I guess you will just have to get through it one day at a time. I am so glad that you are able to move.  As stressful as it might be I know it is something that you have needed to do for a long time. 

I am doing OK.  Each taper brings with it issues, but it is something you have also lived through and I know I will as well.

Take care my friend.

xo

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

3 hours ago, RachelSusan said:

Wow Frogie, you do have a lot of things going on.  I guess you will just have to get through it one day at a time. I am so glad that you are able to move.  As stressful as it might be I know it is something that you have needed to do for a long time. 

I am doing OK.  Each taper brings with it issues, but it is something you have also lived through and I know I will as well.

Take care my friend.

xo

I take it one day at a time. And sit and catch my breath and move on. But it will be worth it in the long run.

I remember every taper I made. And I’m glad that part is over. I’m going to start my Xanax taper June 1st. I hope that goes a lot smoother. I’m starting the correct way on it.

I’m glad you are doing ok. 

I’m so thankful we met. You are a very caring person. I appreciate your kind words.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Frogie

One thing at a time sounds like a good plan. Some things cannot wait but those that can have to wait their turn.

Moving house is a big deal and sounds like it has not been plain sailing getting this far, but you got here.

I know you want to get back to the city but I hope it is still somewhere not too chaotic or noisy.

We get a lot of American cop shows over here so it always seems noise, sirens everywhere.

I am sure it is a false picture but it is pretty much all we see of the USA unless we watch documentaries.

Take care of yourself, it will all get done eventually.

Sassenach

7 hours ago, Sassenach said:

Hi Frogie

One thing at a time sounds like a good plan. Some things cannot wait but those that can have to wait their turn.

Moving house is a big deal and sounds like it has not been plain sailing getting this far, but you got here.

I know you want to get back to the city but I hope it is still somewhere not too chaotic or noisy.

We get a lot of American cop shows over here so it always seems noise, sirens everywhere.

I am sure it is a false picture but it is pretty much all we see of the USA unless we watch documentaries.

Take care of yourself, it will all get done eventually.

Sassenach

Thanks!

It really depends where you live. There are “bad areas” in every city. But we found a home that is in a very nice, well kept neighborhood. Where everyone takes pride in their homes. I looked at the crime rate and it’s very low. It is a big deal, but I know I’ll be much better off getting back to the city where there are stores, restaurants good dr’s and culture. Now all I have is a small grocery store with no deli and you have to beg for them to order you something you want. And 2 dollar stores. Otherwise, we shop all online. I love to try things on and see people. I want my friends and family back. Especially my granddaughter. I really think we are doing the right thing. My fiancé wants a new job. One that he can go to work and come home and have a life. This one is getting ridiculous. All I see right now is horses, cows, wheat, corn and tumbleweeds. I was born and raised in the city, it’s time to go back. I know we are doing the right thing. Just a lot of anxiety getting there. But one day at a time is all I can do. 

I would love to hear about where you live? 

Hope you are are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Frogie

Yipeeeeeeeeee, had the best day physically yesterday for about three years, Cut and trimmed lawns, cleaned and serviced pond filter walked Tango ( my wife's dog ).

Expected to feel rough today but just a little tired, walker Tango for two miles along river lined with bluebells and a few small jobs done.

So a big thank you as I have followed your progress and determination getting off this med.

If I can get the brain fog, balance and eye focus sorted I may actually get to see my parents and brother for the first time in three years It is only a three hour drive but has been impossible.

I certainly understand why you want to be near family. We have discussed moving back to York for the same reason but we do not like cities any more.

We live in a small village of fifty houses where we all look after each other, walk each other's dogs, check houses when families are on holiday etc.

Castle Douglas is two miles away and is Scotland's food town while Dumfries the couny town is 20 miles. The nearest city is Carlisle 50 miles away.

The county is great for tourism with it's connections to Rabbie Burns, Wigtown is Scotland's book town, we have the Galloway Forest ( the first Dark Sky Area ) in the UK.

The area as a whole forms the Scottish Borders full of small towns with independent businesses many of them garment outlets for the woolen industry such as Pringle.

The attachment was taken yesterday evening ( a picture paints a thousand words etc.) We get quite a few rainbows but rarely a double one and have never got the camera in time, for some reason the phone camera does not capture it.

But out of the window, bullocks, fields and hills, but we like it.

I was also going to send pics of collies being silly but did not want to risk upsetting you.

Hope you feeling OK today and all is going to plan.

All the best Sassenach

rainbow3.jpg

On 5/3/2019 at 12:00 PM, Sassenach said:

Hi Frogie

Yipeeeeeeeeee, had the best day physically yesterday for about three years, Cut and trimmed lawns, cleaned and serviced pond filter walked Tango ( my wife's dog ).

Expected to feel rough today but just a little tired, walker Tango for two miles along river lined with bluebells and a few small jobs done.

So a big thank you as I have followed your progress and determination getting off this med.

If I can get the brain fog, balance and eye focus sorted I may actually get to see my parents and brother for the first time in three years It is only a three hour drive but has been impossible.

I certainly understand why you want to be near family. We have discussed moving back to York for the same reason but we do not like cities any more.

We live in a small village of fifty houses where we all look after each other, walk each other's dogs, check houses when families are on holiday etc.

Castle Douglas is two miles away and is Scotland's food town while Dumfries the couny town is 20 miles. The nearest city is Carlisle 50 miles away.

The county is great for tourism with it's connections to Rabbie Burns, Wigtown is Scotland's book town, we have the Galloway Forest ( the first Dark Sky Area ) in the UK.

The area as a whole forms the Scottish Borders full of small towns with independent businesses many of them garment outlets for the woolen industry such as Pringle.

The attachment was taken yesterday evening ( a picture paints a thousand words etc.) We get quite a few rainbows but rarely a double one and have never got the camera in time, for some reason the phone camera does not capture it.

But out of the window, bullocks, fields and hills, but we like it.

I was also going to send pics of collies being silly but did not want to risk upsetting you.

Hope you feeling OK today and all is going to plan.

All the best Sassenach

rainbow3.jpg

That is beautiful where you live. Right now it’s brown fields, cows and the farmers are just starting to plant corn. We finally got some rain over the weekend.  But not much. I’ll be so glad to be back in a city. You are in a very remote area.

Just don't overdo it. Your body needs to heal too. I thought I’d be ok when I was off the lexapro. For the most part I am. But with everything going on. The renters, fixing up the rental house that was trashed, buying our new home and now my fiancé’s parents got their senior apartment the same time we are closing on our house.I’ve had some situational anxiety. But I just push through it. I don’t have a choice. But I don’t want you to do something that doesn’t agree with your body because I did it.

We were at a hardware store yesterday after a almost 3 hour drive, (there is nothing open on Sunday around here) a lady had a chihuahua. It was white. So I went up to her and talked to her. She was so sweet. But walking away, I can remember taking Brownie everywhere with me and she just sat in my arms like this one did. I miss that so much. Had a teary moment. Thursday is going to be a difficult day for me. I can’t believe it’s been a year. I’m lost.

I’m very glad you are doing so well. Maybe you’ll start getting back to yourself the lower you go. Today, I’m very unmotivated.

I have another thread called Frogie Off-Topic if you just want to chat. 

I would really like to keep chatting with you. It’s so nice to have a new friend.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Frogie

Can send you some rain, we get loads hence all green.

As for doing too much I spent 40 years running my own transport company so pushing is the only way I know.

However this withdrawal has taught me I cannot forsee or influence everything around me.

I have learnt to relax and enjoy what I have, up to a point. I am just no good at doing nothing for long.

I do know what you mean about renters as we had a couple of properties for 9 years after a bank investment went badly wrong.

None actually trashed the place but cleaning and repairing after them was a pain.

It is a shame that meeting another dog upsets you.

I was told about a 13 month old collie dog needing a home yesterday but it seems too soon or will it get harder the longer I wait?

I have never been without a dog of my own and collies are a one person dog, so Tango my wife's dog only sees me as walkies and food provider.

Back to the point of this site you need to take your own advice and ensure you take some quiet time.

I know it is difficult with all that is going on but we both know 5 minutes can really help and what is so urgent that we cannot make that time.

I would like to continue chatting and will check out your thread.

In the meantime hope to chat before thursday.

Deep breaths and a little quiet.

Every day is one nearer to where you want to be.

Look after yourself

Sassenack

• 4 weeks later...

Well,

Two months off Lexapro as of May 31, 2019!

As far as I feel, I’m not having any side effects at all. No nausea, nothing. I had a 2-3 day wave when I first came off, but nothing since.

Been very busy though. Buying a new house to move much closer to home. We close the 7th of June! But probably won’t move permanently until September or so. Fiancé needs to find a job and we want to do a slow move. Hiring a moving company to do the heavy stuff. Moved my in-laws to a retirement apartment 2 weeks ago and had a massive garage sale this weekend to empty the house so it can be put on the market for sale.

Started tapering Xanax the 1st of June. Only day 2, but nothing. Hopefully that’s the way it will be. I thought if I waited for a good time to start tapering, there never would be a good time, so just did it.

Just wanted to do a quick update and let everyone know I’m doing well.

I hope everyone is doing well, and enjoying the warm weather.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Mentor

Wow Frogie, you really are very busy. These are huge undertakings. Thank you for the update. It is marvelous to hear you are doing so good with all these potentially stressful things swirling around you.

I am doing good too. Down to 2.85% on Zoloft.  I see light at the end of the tunnel. But like my good friend Frogie advises, I am taking it very slowly. At the end I tend to want to sprint and get it over with but no, no, no.  I will continue the slow climb out of this mess.

xo

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

1 minute ago, RachelSusan said:

Wow Frogie, you really are very busy. These are huge undertakings. Thank you for the update. It is marvelous to hear you are doing so good with all these potentially stressful things swirling around you.

I am doing good too. Down to 2.85% on Zoloft.  I see light at the end of the tunnel. But like my good friend Frogie advises, I am taking it very slowly. At the end I tend to want to sprint and get it over with but no, no, no.  I will continue the slow climb out of this mess.

xo

Hi:

So good to hear from you.

I'm doing really well for all the stresses I have going on. The house purchase was very challenging. I guess I should't say it's over yet. Not until Friday the 7th when we get the keys. But so much closer that we were a month ago. At the same time we found out we got the house, my finace's parents were told they got the apartment they had been on a list for over a year. It was my fiance's niece's graduation that weekend also, so we went to a graduation, packed a house (which thank goodness for his older brother and his wife they did most of it), moved them, and un-packed them. This last weekend we had the garage sale to sell what they didn't take from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment. Then hauled the rest of it to a donation place. I'll be glad when it's over with. We probably won't officially move in until September, but my fiance needs to find a job up there. But that will give us plenty of time to slowly move things in we want to move. We are hiring a moving company to move the furniture and most of the boxes. I started tapering xanax June 1st also. I'm doing fine with that, but it's only been 2 days. I'm just thinking positive and everything will be fine.

I'm so happy to hear you have gotten below 3 mg. That's awesome! I'm so glad you are taking it slow. There is no need to rush it now. I know how you feel though. You want it done. Just go slow and you will be fine. It can be tricky in the 2's and down. I figured that out. But you already know that, you have made such progress! You'll be done before you know it. I'm doing a happy dance for you right now 💃

Keep me up to date on how you are doing!

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Mentor

Thank you Frogie. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

3 minutes ago, RachelSusan said:

Thank you Frogie. 

😊 you’re welcome my friend.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• 4 weeks later...

Well...

It’s been 3 months since I’ve been off the lexapro. All in all, I’m doing pretty well.

I’m not nauseous at all anymore. That is a blessing in itself. I don’t miss it at all lol... 

We purchased a house in the city, finally. Now my fiancé is interviewing for jobs, so hopefully it won’t be long before we get to move out of this h*ll hole and start a new life. I know I will heal much better once we get moved.

I’m currently on my 2nd month of tapering my Xanax. I’ve only had anxiety for about 2 days last month. Nothing so far this month, but it’s only day 2. I can handle a little anxiety to get off these horrible meds. 

I’m really missing my Brownie. The new neighbors at our house have 3 chihuahuas,  not one looks like Brownie though, thank goodness. Just makes me think a lot about her. I might get a new dog once we get moved and settled.

Overall, for going through all the stresses I have, I’m happy. I laugh, smile and am ready for a new life.

I hope everyone is doing well on here and wish you all luck with your taper. You will succeed. I did on lexapro, one to go!

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus
30 minutes ago, Frogie said:

It’s been 3 months since I’ve been off the lexapro. All in all, I’m doing pretty well.

Great update, Frogie!

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

5 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Great update, Frogie!

Thanks Gridley:

I appreciate your kind words.

Hope you are feeling better so you can have a good time with your fur babies 😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm thrilled to hear you're doing well! One down and one to go! For me personally, the benzo taper was a much easier ride down. I had uptick in symptoms on the 4th to 5th day of a cut. Those generally faded after a couple of days, and when I jumped, it seems I had about a week or so of mild acute, and then...nothing. I was done.

I know everyone is different, and I was extremely fortunate in my experience, but you might be, too. At any rate, I thought I'd give you a little something to shoot for. I'm hoping your way forward is much easier than what you've left behind. You've got this!!!

2016 - Zoloft 50 mg for klonopin w/d

Approx. Nov 2017 - successful taper of klonopin; Approx. Jan. 2018 - rapid taper Zoloft over 2 wks - no w/d symptoms; May 2018 - Reinstate 50 mg Zoloft per doctor; Aug 2018 - Rapid taper Zoloft over 3-4 weeks - no w/d symptoms for 1 mo.; Late Oct 2018 - pdoc rx'd 5mg lexapro -took for 1 wk; Early Nov 2018 - Reinstate 25 mg Zoloft; updose to 37.5 on Nov 28, 2018; Nov 30 2018 - returned to 25mg Zoloft upon mod. advice; Dec 9 - Dec10 2018 - 12.5mg zoloft liquid+12.5mg zoloft pill; Dec 11 2018 - 25mg zoloft all liquid; Feb 14 2019 - updosed to 26.25 mg liquid; Mar 6 2019 - updosed to 26.88 mg liquid - new symptoms; Mar 13 2019 - back down to 26.25 mg per mod suggestion

Dose Changes: Dec 2 2019 - 5% to 25mg; Jan 14 2020 - 10% to 22.5 (increase in sxs all month); Mar 10-15? 2020,  accidental updose to 25mg; Mar 22 2020 - back down to 22.5mg; Apr 12 2020 - 2.5% to 21.94mg; Apr 19 2020 - 2.5% to 21.375mg (symptom increase); May 17 2020 - 2.5% to 20.625mg; May 24 2020 - 2.5% to 20.1mg - Jun 14 2020 - noticed uptick in symptoms settled 2 days later - July 10 2020 - onset of wave

14 minutes ago, Dejavu said:

I'm thrilled to hear you're doing well! One down and one to go! For me personally, the benzo taper was a much easier ride down. I had uptick in symptoms on the 4th to 5th day of a cut. Those generally faded after a couple of days, and when I jumped, it seems I had about a week or so of mild acute, and then...nothing. I was done.

I know everyone is different, and I was extremely fortunate in my experience, but you might be, too. At any rate, I thought I'd give you a little something to shoot for. I'm hoping your way forward is much easier than what you've left behind. You've got this!!!

Thank you for the encouragement. I could use it anytime 😊

I hope you are doing very well.

We will all make it one day!

Take care,

Frogie xx