Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

10 minutes ago, RachelSusan said:

Happy 6 month birthday Frogie. You worked very hard to get off and I'm impressed.  Happy happy 6 months.

As for the Xanax, you will get there.  I know it's very difficult but you will get through it.

xo

Thanks RS:

You are so right. I will make it off the Xanax. I never thought I’d make it off the Lexapro.

You always seem to be able to be so kind and encouraging.

I really appreciate it.

I hope you are feeling well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

9 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Congratulations, Frogie!  You are another success storie on AD which inspires us all!

Xanax will come - look at all your achievements....😁

Thanks Guilietta:

It’s very kind of you to stop my thread.

I feel like I am not an inspiration, I worked very hard and had a horrible time. But I have made it. Just like everyone on here.

I will make it off Xanax, it’s just being a brat, lol...

You WILL make it. I’m proof. Are you CT’d, or did you reinstate?

Thanks for the encouraging words. You have no idea how much it helps.

I hope you are doing well. 

Stop by and let me know😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

• Moderator Emeritus
27 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I feel like I am not an inspiration

Yes you are :) 

As you said, it was hard, but just knowing that it is possible is so important and inspiring for those who Feel hopeless!

I send you my warmest wishes with your xanax tapper, You will beat this ! ;)

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

1 minute ago, Erell said:

Yes you are :) 

As you said, it was hard, but just knowing that it is possible is so important and inspiring for those who Feel hopeless!

I send you my warmest wishes with your xanax tapper, You will beat this ! ;)

Please don’t feel hopeless. You will get through this. I didn’t think I would and I’m finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. I’m on my last medication to taper. And I was on a lot of medication.

I thank  you so much for your encouraging words. You have no idea how much better it makes me feel.😊just knowing people really do care.

Take care,

Frogie xx

28 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I feel like I am not an inspiration, I worked very hard and had a horrible time. But I have made it.

Hello there, and nice to meet you! Do visit me anytime. :)

You are an inspiration because you did it - it was horrible and hard - but you persevered. You made it. You didn't let get the best of you.

Yes, I unwittingly CT in December. Stupid story about how that happened - idiocy of the MD and compounding pharmacy. I expected these people to know about duloxetine - not me.

I went through a horrific time as well and continue to have a host of symptoms (waves and windows). The MD 'prepared' me by telling me that "I would think I was losing my mind" and that I would have physical symptoms. So - when I was going out of mind - sobbing - having panic and dark thoughts - just couldn't function - wondering whether  I would be stuck on this drug, if I had damaged myself, I decided I would WIN like you and others do.

You did it. Take pride in your justly deserved kudos. It takes courage to stick to a goal even though it's a difficult one to achieve. The only worthwhile important goals in life are HARD to do. So you are an inspiration!

💓

34 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Hello there, and nice to meet you! Do visit me anytime. :)

You are an inspiration because you did it - it was horrible and hard - but you persevered. You made it. You didn't let get the best of you.

Yes, I unwittingly CT in December. Stupid story about how that happened - idiocy of the MD and compounding pharmacy. I expected these people to know about duloxetine - not me.

I went through a horrific time as well and continue to have a host of symptoms (waves and windows). The MD 'prepared' me by telling me that "I would think I was losing my mind" and that I would have physical symptoms. So - when I was going out of mind - sobbing - having panic and dark thoughts - just couldn't function - wondering whether  I would be stuck on this drug, if I had damaged myself, I decided I would WIN like you and others do.

You did it. Take pride in your justly deserved kudos. It takes courage to stick to a goal even though it's a difficult one to achieve. The only worthwhile important goals in life are HARD to do. So you are an inspiration!

💓

Hello:

It’s very nice to meet you also. Stop by anytime. I love to hear from people.😊

I have another thread (besides this one and my benzo). It’s called Frogie’s Off topic topic (I think) where we can chat up a storm. We can talk about anything!

I lived in a very remote part of my state for 6 years. A town of 600 people. I moved there for my fiancé to start a new job. I had not 1 friend there the entire 6 years. If you weren’t from there, they told you they couldn’t be friends. Sad. I think that’s how I made it on my taper. I had nothing else to concentrate on.  We just moved back to the city in August. It’s so wonderful to have stores and restaurants. I used to have to drive 16 miles one way to see a 71 year old country dr and get my meds. He did allow me to taper my Lexapro the way I wanted, so I’m thankful for that.

I just need to find something to do during the day. I don’t live in the town that I was born and raised in, so it’s a little challenging. I live about 40 minutes from there. But I will. At least I can go to a grocery store and not have to beg the manager to carry yogurt. It was that bad.

Unfortunately, drs don’t know anything about these horrible meds except how to prescribe them. I’m so sorry you are suffering. But, you know what, you’ve made it just like me! I know it’s been more difficult than me, and that is an inspiration to me that you could handle a CT. I don’t think I could have. It was a struggle to do a taper every month.

I still sit on the floor and want to dig my skin off my knees and cry because of the Xanax taper. But, I just keep telling myself it will get better and I’ll be off if this soon enough. It’s so difficult though.

Thank you very much for the kudos. You deserve them too. We are both an inspiration in our own way.

Please stop by. I’d love to chat and become “friends “ on here. It would be wonderful. 🌼💓

Take care,

Frogie xx

Congratulations Frogie, so happy for you making it 6 months free from Lexipro. I can’t wait to be a success story like you soon I hope. I’m still trying to stabilize, it’s really tough for me at the moment. You will get through the bezo taper. One day at a time. Wishing you well on your healing.

Just now, Bigbird said:

Congratulations Frogie, so happy for you making it 6 months free from Lexipro. I can’t wait to be a success story like you soon I hope. I’m still trying to stabilize, it’s really tough for me at the moment. You will get through the bezo taper. One day at a time. Wishing you well on your healing.

Thanks for the kind words Bigbird.

You will stabilize and be ok. Just follow the mods suggestions and you will be fine. It's just a long road.

I never in a million years thought I would be Lexapro free! It was pure h**l, I won't lie. But without this site and everyone here, I never would have made it. If I can do it, anyone can. I truly believe that.

I hope to be a success story one day. I feel like I've healed tremendously. So, it's just a matter of time.

The benzo taper is giving me some problems, but nothing I can't work through. It will be my last med! If everything goes well, I'll be done in July.

I wish you nothing but the best also.

Thanks for stopping by and giving me encouraging words. They mean the world to me.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Where is your link to your off topic Frogie? I could use some conversation, I don’t really have any friends close by and my husband is working all day and my kids don’t want to be around doom and gloom mom all of the time. You will get through it, your inspiring to me and your so positive and helpful to me everyone. We can do it , all of us together!😊

8 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Where is your link to your off topic Frogie? I could use some conversation, I don’t really have any friends close by and my husband is working all day and my kids don’t want to be around doom and gloom mom all of the time. You will get through it, your inspiring to me and your so positive and helpful to me everyone. We can do it , all of us together!😊

Try this. I hope I did correct. I'm not good on computers lol...

I would love to have a new friend. I don't have many either.

It would be wonderful to talk!

Take care,

Frogie xx

You did the link correctly, lol, I’m not great either with computers, I’m on my iPad at the moment. My son who is 23 years old thinks I’m ridiculous. I’m going to check out your link now.

3 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

You did the link correctly, lol, I’m not great either with computers, I’m on my iPad at the moment. My son who is 23 years old thinks I’m ridiculous. I’m going to check out your link now.

I use my iPad a lot, but it won't let me update my signature for some reason.

I look forward to talking to you 😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hello Frogie,

Just popping by to see how you are doing - and looks like very well! :) I have forgotten about respondint to your lovely note.

It is isolating living in a remote location where you are new. I grew up that way and obviously didn't have a car or drive - so spent a lot of time on my own. And the only way to communicate was via mail, telephone and telegraph. OH, short-wave radios too.  ;)

It's easier to destroy (i.e, write prescriptions) than to create or fix (taper drugs)! 

I am seeing an MD in the city - long miserable drive for 15-20 minute appointment - but at least this MD understands tapering and why it is important (I think) and has thus far been willing to work with me to taper.  I brought in the SERT paper and then the Lancet article so maybe this helped.

I hope you have a very pleasant weekend. Here it has started to get cold. Brrrr....

Giuilietta

1 hour ago, Guilietta said:

Hello Frogie,

Just popping by to see how you are doing - and looks like very well! :) I have forgotten about respondint to your lovely note.

It is isolating living in a remote location where you are new. I grew up that way and obviously didn't have a car or drive - so spent a lot of time on my own. And the only way to communicate was via mail, telephone and telegraph. OH, short-wave radios too.  ;)

It's easier to destroy (i.e, write prescriptions) than to create or fix (taper drugs)! 

I am seeing an MD in the city - long miserable drive for 15-20 minute appointment - but at least this MD understands tapering and why it is important (I think) and has thus far been willing to work with me to taper.  I brought in the SERT paper and then the Lancet article so maybe this helped.

I hope you have a very pleasant weekend. Here it has started to get cold. Brrrr....

Giuilietta

Thank you for stopping by. 

I’m really having a lousy day. Moving companies and such are just the pits.

I’m starting to get reaclimated to the city after being isolated for so long. It’s no fun not having friends for almost 6 years. But I have met the neighbors here, so I think that will help.

I’m very glad you found a dr that will help you with your taper. Even as bad as the little town was where I lived, I had an old country dr that wrote me prescriptions and allowed me to taper on my own. Very supportive. I see my old dr this month to go through what I have been doing. He will be supporting me also. I’m just an hour away from him, but it’s worth it.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend also. It’s going to be in the 70’s today, then start to cool down into the 60’s. I don’t think the weather can make up its mind here lol...

Again, thank you for the kind words. And the work you do on the site. You are very welcomed in my opinion.💜

Take care,

Frogie xx

• 4 weeks later...

First off Happy Halloween 🎃 

Now... 7 months off Lexapro today. I feel really good off of it. I might have had a little wave the middle of this month, I don’t know if it was or if it was my tapering off Xanax. It lasted about 5 days. Wasn’t horrible, I just managed to push through it. Life had to go on.

I’m having some anxiety from my Xanax taper, but that’s to be expected and I’ll be off if it in July. I just wish the anxiety would go away. But that’s another story. That’s on my benzo thread.

I did get sick this week, and required an antibiotic, but it hasn’t bothered me yet (Knock on wood).

All in all, I’m doing well I think for going through h*ll.

I hope everyone is doing well in their taper.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🍁 if I don’t post before that.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I posted my comment in this thread. It should have been on my benzo thread, so I moved it.

• Mentor

Frogie,

Happy Halloween to you as well.  I am glad to hear you are doing so well off the Lexapro.  I will now move over to you Xanax thread and read about that. 

xo

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

Just now, RachelSusan said:

Frogie,

Happy Halloween to you as well.  I am glad to hear you are doing so well off the Lexapro.  I will now move over to you Xanax thread and read about that. 

xo

Thanks RS:

You are so kind and caring. I love hearing from you.

I hope you have a safe and warm Halloween. I don’t have kids at home, but heard there are a lot in the neighborhood. It will be nice to see them. But my fiancé will hand out the candy, I want to stay away from the cold since I’ve been sick.

I hope you are doing well with your taper.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus
8 hours ago, Frogie said:

I’ll be off if it in July

July!  You can do that standing on one foot.  I'm so glad things are going well for you.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

2 hours ago, Gridley said:

July!  You can do that standing on one foot.  I'm so glad things are going well for you.

Thanks Gridley!

I need the encouragement right now😊

Looks like you are kicking b**t on the Lexapro taper! You’ll be done in no time also!!!

Take care,

Frogie xx

• 5 weeks later...

Month 8 off Lexapro!

I’m feeling really great, (other than the anxiety with the Xanax taper - that’s another story).

I don’t feel depressed or sick or any side affects I had before.

We took the plunge and rescued a puppy! She’s keeping me very busy. She’s 9 weeks old a little chiweenie. 1/2 chihuahua, 1/2/dachshund. Her name is Delilah.

Had my granddaughter and her dog for 4 days during Thanksgiving break. Was wonderful. Played lots of games and watched lots of movies. And played with the dogs.

And I was truly blessed this Thanksgiving. After 6 years of living in no where land, I had a family Thanksgiving. We had 9 people and had a great time. Ate lots of food, watched football and had great conversations.

So, I think I can absolutely say that I’m doing super off the antidepressant.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving 🦃😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

8 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Month 8 off Lexapro!

Congratulations on such an accomplishment! 

I can only dream!!!  :)  But it's stories such as yours that keep us going.  💜

Glad your Thanksgiving was so lovely.  Funny how we can go for such long 'dry' spells and then... feel the Lord's blessings surround us!  
It's heartwarming for me to read that your dry chapter is closed and you are enjoying this next one and looking forward to getting off the xanax.  Look how close you 

are too!!!!   Woohoo!  

1997 Prozac ?mg

1991 Sertraline ?mg

2002 Escitalopram 10 mg

2018 2.5 mg - stopped by Dr./Reinstated, up-dosed to 7.5 mg

04/19 Began BM slide @7.5 mg

CURRENT  0.34 mg 🌼

"If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."

Mark 9:23

• Moderator Emeritus
20 minutes ago, Frogie said:

So, I think I can absolutely say that I’m doing super off the antidepressant.

You are an inspiration to us all!

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

5 minutes ago, mdwstrx said:

Congratulations on such an accomplishment! 

I can only dream!!!  :)  But it's stories such as yours that keep us going.  💜

Glad your Thanksgiving was so lovely.  Funny how we can go for such long 'dry' spells and then... feel the Lord's blessings surround us!  
It's heartwarming for me to read that your dry chapter is closed and you are enjoying this next one and looking forward to getting off the xanax.  Look how close you 

are too!!!!   Woohoo!  

Thanks!

You are so kind. I love hearing from you.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well.

I can’t wait to get off this Xanax and get rid of this anxiety. But it will go away. I don’t have it everyday.

You keep up the great work😊 Look how far you’ve come!

Take care,

Frogie xx

3 minutes ago, Gridley said:

You are an inspiration to us all!

Thanks Gridley!

I don’t know if I’m an inspiration, but I did it!

Look how far you have come 😊 You’ll be off before you know it too. Then on to the Ativan. You can do that too.

We will make it💙

Thanks for the encouragement. It’s greatly appreciated.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Mentor

Frogie,

Everything you said was good news. Congrats on the puppy. I am so happy for you. The anxiety is no fun but like you said, it will go away.

xo

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

25 minutes ago, RachelSusan said:

Frogie,

Everything you said was good news. Congrats on the puppy. I am so happy for you. The anxiety is no fun but like you said, it will go away.

xo

Thanks!

I’m going to make it, just like you!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving 🦃

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Mentor

I did have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  It sounds like yours was fabulous. My favorite is the pumpkin pie and I had pumpkin pie for breakfast the next day. 😀

The only issue I have is with weight.  I can go for weeks eating sensibly and loose a couple of pounds, and then I have the Thanksgiving dinner and the pie the next day for breakfast and I have gained back what it took me weeks to loose.  It doesn't seem fair.  What I think would be fair is if it took us as long to gain it back as it took to loose it.

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

21 hours ago, RachelSusan said:

I did have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  It sounds like yours was fabulous. My favorite is the pumpkin pie and I had pumpkin pie for breakfast the next day. 😀

The only issue I have is with weight.  I can go for weeks eating sensibly and loose a couple of pounds, and then I have the Thanksgiving dinner and the pie the next day for breakfast and I have gained back what it took me weeks to loose.  It doesn't seem fair.  What I think would be fair is if it took us as long to gain it back as it took to loose it.

I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love pumpkin pie too. I ate it  the next day for breakfast also, lol...

I know what you mean about the weight. I gained 5 pounds after we moved and I can't get it off. I just said forget it until after the holidays. It isn't fair at all.

I'm really glad to hear from you.😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

Congratulations Frogie! That is fantastic and gives me hope. I finally decided to restart my taper Nov 1. I got down from 10 mg to 9.5 and had a weekend with severe anxiety and panic attacks. Of course I was working which tends to trigger them. . So I will continue slow and steady and someday I will be where you are😃

Start citalopram late 2004 20 mg/d, tapered to 10 mg 1xd on for several years

Citalopram 5 mg 1xd, occasional attempt to taper; off citalopram 4 months Aug. 2016

Venlafaxine 37.5 mg 2 months Nov, Dec 2016 stopped ct and change to citalopram 10 mg/d severe withdrawal with daily nausea 

Citalopram 20mg/day April 2017 - Feb 21, 2018, Citalopram 15 mg/day Feb. 21 - 3/3/2018

Citalopram 20 mg/day 3/4/18, Citalopram 18 mg 1xd 3/5 - 4/1,

Citalopram 17 mg 4/2, 16.6 mg 4/16, 16.2 mg 4/23, 16 mg 5/14, 15.8 mg 5/18, 15.6 mg 5/22, 15.4 mg 5/29, 15.2 mg 6/5, 15 mg 6/12,

14.6 mg 7/21, 14.2 mg 7/28, 14 mg 8/4, 13.6mg 8/18, 13.2 mg 8/25, 13 mg 9/1, 12.6 mg 9/22, 9/25 13 mg, 11/9 12.8 mg, back to 13 mg after a few days. 1/9/19 12.8 mg, 1/14 12.6 mg, 1/20 12.4 mg, 1/27 12.2mg, 2/4 12 mg, 2/24 11.8 ,3/1 11.6, 3/6 11.4, 3/11 11.2, 3/14 11, by 4/28 10 mg.

Nov. 1 9.8 mg, Nov 8 9.6 mg, Nov 22 9.5 mg, slow taper down to 9 mg 1/27/2020. Slow taper down to 8 mg Sept 1 2020, decrease by approx. 10% a month to 5 mg/day Jan. 2021.

Supplements/other: multivitamin, vitamin d 2000 u 1xd,, melatonin 0.75 mg mg 1xd prn, magnesium, Propranolol Sr 60 mg/day Feb. 2016 (?), alprazolam 0.125 mg prn  (rarely taken) approx. <2 yrs 

Change to famotidine 20 mg prn, cetirizine 10 mg prn or loratadine 10 mg prn for allergy sx.

2 hours ago, Snowyowl16 said:

Congratulations Frogie! That is fantastic and gives me hope. I finally decided to restart my taper Nov 1. I got down from 10 mg to 9.5 and had a weekend with severe anxiety and panic attacks. Of course I was working which tends to trigger them. . So I will continue slow and steady and someday I will be where you are😃

Thanks! Now I’m struggling with the Xanax, but I’ll make it.😊

I posted over on your thread.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Well done Frogie!  So glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. You deserve it after being so far away from family all these years. Seems like you are going from strength to strength since you moved. Onwards and upwards Frogie!

Love from Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

38 minutes ago, Flowers said:

Well done Frogie!  So glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. You deserve it after being so far away from family all these years. Seems like you are going from strength to strength since you moved. Onwards and upwards Frogie!

Love from Flowers xxx

Thanks Flowers:

It’s been a rough road, but only a few more months and I’m home free! The lexapro is gone, onward to getting rid of the Xanax.

Did I mention we got a puppy? From a rescue place. She’s so cute but keeps me on my toes. Just like a baby. She’s 1/2 dachshund and 1/2 chihuahua. Her name is Delilah.

I hope you are doing wonderful 😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie!

Omgosh... Delilah is adorable!  I saw your post with the pic.  lol  I have a little wire-haired dachshund so I know that side of her breeding.  Mine is really a sweet and clownish little girl. 💜

1997 Prozac ?mg

1991 Sertraline ?mg

2002 Escitalopram 10 mg

2018 2.5 mg - stopped by Dr./Reinstated, up-dosed to 7.5 mg

04/19 Began BM slide @7.5 mg

CURRENT  0.34 mg 🌼

"If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."

Mark 9:23

2 hours ago, mdwstrx said:

Hi Frogie!

Omgosh... Delilah is adorable!  I saw your post with the pic.  lol  I have a little wire-haired dachshund so I know that side of her breeding.  Mine is really a sweet and clownish little girl. 💜

Thanks!

She’s pretty cute, but all puppy. But she has a really sweet personality.

My grandpa used to raise dachshunds when I was little. They are great dogs.

You need to post a picture of yours. I’d love to see her😊