Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

Hello Frogie,

23 hours ago, Frogie said:

Watching  my puppy sleep is fun. At least I know where she is and not getting into anything lol... but sleep would be especially nice😴

Watching the little one sleep is much nicer during the day after a mostly full night's sleep. 😉 Let us know what you decide to do about the melatonin. If you do try it - and it works - that would be wonderful.

I am having weak leg muscles and some pain with little exertion. I am beginning to wonder if this is WD or something else.  Have you heard of this? My  sleep was bad last night too.

Hugs,

Giuilietta

15 hours ago, Guilietta said:

Watching the little one sleep is much nicer during the day after a mostly full night's sleep. 😉 Let us know what you decide to do about the melatonin. If you do try it - and it works - that would be wonderful.

Watching her sleep is nice bu it would be nice during the day. She sleeps in the morning all curled up in my arms. I love cuddling with her though. I think I might try the melatonin, but I just don’t want to add anything else to my pill collection 🙄

15 hours ago, Guilietta said:

I am having weak leg muscles and some pain with little exertion. I am beginning to wonder if this is WD or something else.  Have you heard of this? My  sleep was bad last night too.

I’m having weak muscles in my legs and internal trembling from about 4 am to noon or so then it lets up. I just contribute mine to benzo wd and try to ignore it. I have to take my son to get an injection in his neck in March. I hope I can drive in rush hour by then. I end up being lazy most of the morning where I used to get my laundry and housework done during the morning. I’m thankful my fiancé helps me do things around the house. I don’t know what I’d do without him. You will heal, it’s just another symptom we have to deal with, at least with me.  My sleep is terrible lately. Especially when my fiancé gets up at 3:30 am for work and isn’t quiet lol... sounded like a war was going off in my kitchen this morning. I wish I could sleep one full night. It would be so nice.

Good luck with your symptoms. But we are going to heal. I figure if this is all I have I’m grateful. I could be a lot worse.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

9 hours ago, Frogie said:

I love cuddling with her though. I think I might try the melatonin, but I just don’t want to add anything else to my pill collection 🙄

I love cuddling with my little dog too. That being said, he is not much of a cuddler. He will tolerate it for so long before he gets up and walks away. He has to be in the mood for being cuddled.  LOL

Agree re: melatonin and not adding another chemical. I read some place that it adds only an average of 8 minutes of sleelp a night. However, this is an average. While people are going through WD (for instance) some may find it helpful.

m having weak muscles in my legs and internal trembling from about 4 am to noon or so then it lets up.

Are you able to stand/walk -?  The visceral tremors are so uncomfortable. Have you found anything that helps you minimize them? Or just keekping busy in the house. 

The only things that helped me with them was crawling under 30#   weighted blanket and distracting myself with TV until falling asleep.

Especially when my fiancé gets up at 3:30 am for work and isn’t quiet lol

No wonder trouble sleeping....LOL

We are going to heal. I tell everyone I know (and strangers) about these drugs and they should never start and if they get off - taper as slowly as possible.

Have a good night...

15 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Are you able to stand/walk -?  The visceral tremors are so uncomfortable. Have you found anything that helps you minimize them? Or just keekping busy in the house. 

The only things that helped me with them was crawling under 30#   weighted blanket and distracting myself with TV until falling asleep.

I’m able to walk/stand but it’s difficult. I just want to claw my thighs off. I have a weighted blanket (I think mine is also a 30#), but I don’t find that it helps much. It helped a lot when I had anxiety though. I ordered some magnesium spray from Amazon today (Apace41 aka Andy) suggested it, hoping it would alleviate some of the uncomfortable “tremors”. I can let you know. I do take magnesium and that has helped a tiny bit.

19 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

We are going to heal. I tell everyone I know (and strangers) about these drugs and they should never start and if they get off - taper as slowly as possible.

Yes we are going to heal. I tell myself that everyday. I tell everyone about these horrific drugs also and beg them not to ever take them. But unfortunately it’s their decision in the end. I have a couple friends that are addicted to Ativan but deny it. He eats it like candy, very sad. 😢

22 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

I love cuddling with my little dog too. That being said, he is not much of a cuddler. He will tolerate it for so long before he gets up and walks away. He has to be in the mood for being cuddled.  LOL

Delilah puts up with my cuddles when she’s tired. Otherwise, watch out! She’s 5 months old and can’t be bothered either LOL

23 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Have a good night...

You also have a good night. Maybe we will both get some sleep 😴 I can only hope.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

22 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Delilah puts up with my cuddles when she’s tired.

Or when she's in the mood  😉

I truthfully can't wait to  get under my weighted blanket at night. It's a bit of peace and for  helps me sleep. I have not added magnesium to my cocktail of incoming chemicals (you can see my list). I wouild like to find out what help for my muscles.  I take calcium for bones and I think that is a requirement. Osteoporosis is too great a risk.

I am sorry about your friends on ativan. It is sad they don't want to get off. You are an example.

And good night to you, too. I have to shut this thing off and meditate.  🙂

Every day I can walk in the morning I am so grateful.

16 hours ago, Guilietta said:

Or when she's in the mood  😉

I think you know my Delilah too well. LOL...

I have not added magnesium to my cocktail of incoming chemicals (you can see my list). I wouild like to find out what help for my muscles.  I take calcium for bones and I think that is a requirement. Osteoporosis is too great a risk.

I think the magnesium is helping a little for me.  And I take an Omega too. Can’t wait for the spray magnesium to arrive as it’s supposed to aid in achy muscles. I’m hoping it will help. I have some elastic sleeves that are used when you work our for lactic acid in your muscles. When my thighs are really bad I will put those on. They help a little, but that’s just me. A heating pad will sometimes help too. But Delilah steals it from me. She’s so funny. I tried calcium a few times and it made me nauseous.

Every day I can walk in the morning I am so grateful.

It will get better. You have to look at how far you’ve come not where you are right now. I have to do that everyday. And I’m thankful I’ve gotten this far. And it’s almost over.

I am sorry about your friends on ativan. It is sad they don't want to get off. You are an example.

I am too. I tried to warn them but they said the dr told them they can’t become dependent. He eats them like candy, then runs out before he can re-fill his prescription. They think they can just quit. I hope they will eventually listen to me. My gf, her husband and one of their daughters take them like that 😞

I hope you had a good nights  sleep. I actually slept about 4 hours last night I think. 

Take care,

Frogie xx

6 hours ago, Frogie said:

I have some elastic sleeves that are used when you work our for lactic acid in your muscles. When my thighs are really bad I will put those on.

Hello Frogie,

You are so enterprising! I have not heard of elastic sleeves until now and will look into that. I need to find some for the glutes too if I can.

I saw someplace that using a roller can help and will look into one of those. Magnesium spray sounds interesting. It just occurred me to to try something like salonpas (or an OTC for sore muscles).

Today I stopped at a PT location 😉 and mentioned my situation - legs, walking, exercising and why I have the problem. They were familiar with this! They had treated people with my complaint (and cause) before.  Apparently I can see them a few times and practice at home (after getting orders of course).

6 hours ago, Frogie said:

And I’m thankful I’ve gotten this far. And it’s almost over.

Ditto.

Time for making a gratitude list, action items list, meditate and relax. And maybe some light exercises. I will put the heating pad in an accessible locaation in case I need it tomorrow morning.  😉

I hope you sleep well.

Take care!

G

Edited by Guilietta
14 hours ago, Guilietta said:

I have not heard of elastic sleeves until now and will look into that. I need to find some for the glutes too if I can.

I think I purchased these on Amazon. They are McDavid Elastic Compression Thigh Sleeves. They help somewhat and are made for people that work out and accumulate lactic acid in their muscles. 

I saw someplace that using a roller can help and will look into one of those. Magnesium spray sounds interesting. It just occurred me to to try something like salonpas (or an OTC for sore muscles).

My fiancé uses a roller everyday for his sciatica or he wouldn’t be able to walk. But he said it is uncomfortable because it’s a very hard foam. I haven’t tried it for this but I did use it when I pinched a nerve in my shoulder and it helped. It was uncomfortable though I will admit. I just received the magnesium spray from Amazon yesterday. I’m going to try it after I take a shower this morning. Apace41 suggested it. I didn’t think about the solanpas that’s a great idea. They might help alleviate some discomfort. Worth a shot.

Today I stopped at a PT location 😉 and mentioned my situation - legs, walking, exercising and why I have the problem. They were familiar with this! They had treated people with my complaint (and cause) before.  Apparently I can see them a few times and practice at home (after getting orders of course).

I hope your dr will write orders for you to go and get some PT. Maybe that will help. You’ll have to keep me informed. I’m curious what exercises they might give you.

I hope you had a good night sleep. I actually slept decent last night, despite Delilah wanting to jump around on the bed and play in the middle of the night. She finally settled down and I went in and out the rest of the night. But I had a nightmare. I haven’t had one in ages😬

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie

Thanks for the name of the sleeves. I mentioned them to another member and is curious.

I have sciatica (predates WD) and it's a bear and thank goodness been in 'remission' for much of this period. During PT for that I used a roller. It was a bit tender - but probably operator error. 😉  I think it helped. I don't own one but I have the elastic bands. To be frank, I've not been able to do any PT leg exercises because I get muscle cramps. I'm really glad the rollere helps your fiance.

22 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I just received the magnesium spray from Amazon yesterday. I’m going to try it after I take a shower this morning. Apace41 suggested it. I didn’t think about the solanpas that’s a great idea. They might help alleviate some discomfort. Worth a shot.

Good luck with the magnesium spray. Hope it helps. I wasn't clear that I meant Salonpas or any external  OTC remedy that seemed like it might help.

I'll wait to see what PT advocates. Of course, I will share what is suggested to me, etc.   😉

I sent the MD an email about the statin. Because this nonesense started (I think) with dizziness and imbalance - I thought this was vertigo. I also experience diplopia/blurriness and head turns so I didn't think it was the statin.I thought leg pain/weakness was secondary. So I didnt ask the prescriber - after this I hate to ask MDs anything but I don't have all the answers (or a few of them obviously LOL)

28 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I actually slept decent last night, despite Delilah wanting to jump around on the bed and play in the middle of the night. She finally settled down and I went in and out the rest of the night. But I had a nightmare. I haven’t had one in ages😬

Glad you got a good night's sleep and with the puppy wanting to play! Sorry tos ay I slept poorly. Oh well.

Hugs,

G.

must run to grocer's b4 it gets busy

Good morning!

Just an update.

I've made it 11 months off Lexapro!

It's amazing. I really feel well, except for this (blank, blank) Xanax taper. It's horrific.

But you know what? I made it and everyone on here that follows the guidelines of the mods (like I didn't do for quite a while) will make it.

And of course this wonderful site and everyone on it to help you through and give you the help you need, even if it's a virtual pat on the back.

Hard work and lots of patients. But it proves your courageous victory in the end🙂

Maybe someday I'll have a success story to write.

But for now, onward and upward I go.

Have a great day everyone!

Take care,

Frogie xx

11 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Good morning!

Just an update.

I've made it 11 months off Lexapro!

It's amazing. I really feel well, except for this (blank, blank) Xanax taper. It's horrific.

But you know what? I made it and everyone on here that follows the guidelines of the mods (like I didn't do for quite a while) will make it.

And of course this wonderful site and everyone on it to help you through and give you the help you need, even if it's virtual pat on the back.

Hard work and lots of patients. But it proves your courageous victory in the end🙂

Have a great day everyone!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Yay Frogs!!! 🍾

Definitely a cause for celebration 👍

As Laura Delano says, "keep your eye on your personal beacon", (end point) which maybe for you will be writing your success story?!?

I think mine is a healthy gut, lol!

Keep us posted on your Xanax journey.

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Just now, Junglechicken said:

Yay Frogs!!! 🍾

Definitely a cause for celebration 👍

As Laura Delano says, "keep your eye on your personal beacon", (end point) which maybe for you will be writing your success story?!?

I think mine is a healthy gut, lol!

Keep us posted on your Xanax journey.

TC,

JC xxx

Thanks JC:

It is a cause for celebration. Just as you are.

I posted on my benzo thread about my journey with the Xanax. Oh, not fun lol...

You're gut will heal. And you will be on your way back to recovery very soon.

I hope to see your success story one day too! Maybe someday I will have one🙂

You have a wonderful day. Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it!

Take care,

Frogie xx

1 minute ago, Frogie said:

Thanks JC:

It is a cause for celebration. Just as you are.

You're gut will heal. And you will be on your way back to recovery very soon.

I hope to see your success story one day too! Maybe someday I will have one🙂

You have a wonderful day. Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it!

Take care,

Frogie xx

I'll have to read your benzo thread Frogie and catch up on that.

Not sure I qualify as a "success" just yet, as still experiencing windows and waves almost 2 years out from last dose.

BUT we'll both have a success story before too long!

Have a wonderful day yourself 😍

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

7 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

BUT we'll both have a success story before too long!

Yes we will. We will succeed and heal. And like I said be “normal”, whatever that is lol...

Take care,

Frogie xx

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 9:40 AM, Frogie said:

Hello Frogie,

Could you send me a link to your benzo thread?

Being 11 months off your lexapro is an accompliment, of which you should be proud.

I will look forward to reading yoru success story. In addition to jotting down symptoms (if you are?) - are you writing down the positive things you are enjoying or accomplishing?  I keep saying I will do this and keep forgetting. 😉

The patience is an integral part of the hard work. Patience is difficult.

On 3/1/2020 at 9:21 AM, Frogie said:

I didn't see an update - but just saying hello. I don't update all the time either. 😉

Hugs,

G

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Frogie,

How are you doing with your xanax taper and symptoms?

I saw your post on another's thread (Jungle Chicken's?) and thought to stop by. It looks like you found some empty shelves at the grocer's and are enjoying 2 weeks at home doing home schooling.  I hope you have enough toilet paper to last the next 2 weeks. ;)  When I went to the grocer's yesterday they had sensibly put signs to limit purchases to 2 of certain items (for example, water).

Hugs,

G

3 hours ago, Giulietta said:

Hello Frogie,

How are you doing with your xanax taper and symptoms?

I saw your post on another's thread (Jungle Chicken's?) and thought to stop by. It looks like you found some empty shelves at the grocer's and are enjoying 2 weeks at home doing home schooling.  I hope you have enough toilet paper to last the next 2 weeks. ;)  When I went to the grocer's yesterday they had sensibly put signs to limit purchases to 2 of certain items (for example, water).

Hugs,

G

Hi G:

We are doing ok. We self isolate as much as possible. Have to go to the store to get what fresh things we can get, otherwise we have our freezer stocked as we always do. Learned that when we lived out in nowhere. You stock up because you don’t know when you’ll get to the store. Actually purchased tp before this pandemic broke out. Our grocery stores close at 8pm so they can stock and disinfect. You have to be in line by 5:30 am so when they open at 7 am you can get tp and water (they are limiting it too). Wish I could find disinfectant and hand sanitizer, not to be found anywhere.

I home schooled my granddaughter the week she was here. She went home Friday, so it’s just me, my fiancé , my uncle, our cat and of course Delilah.

My fiancés work shut down for at least 2 weeks. He’s a master electrician and people don’t want an electrician in their house/business so customers have been canceling jobs left and right. Hopefully this won’t last long and he will go back to work.

My taper is going as well as it was before. 

I hope you’re doing ok.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• 2 weeks later...

Well...

Today marks my one year anniversary since I took my last dose of Lexapro! I never thought I would be able to say that.🎊🎊🎊🎈🎈🎈🎉🎉🎉

I want to thank each and every moderator that helped me through this journey, every person that I have met on here that helped and gave me encouragement that I was going to accomplish this, and this wonderful website. I would have never done this without each piece of this puzzle (if I can call it that).

I'm doing well, despite my Xanax taper, which is just normal and I'm dealing with it as best as I can and pushing through it. I'll be off of it in July. That will be my 6th and FINAL drug.😊

Through all of the things we are all enduring right now just remember, you can and will succeed in your tapers! 

I hope everyone is doing well, staying safe, and washing your hands!👐🏻

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie.

Just checked in this morning and saw your post.  That is such an accomplishment!  One Year!  Congratulations!!!  

You have done so well and only this last one to go.  July is not far away... it will be here before you know it!  

Stay strong and yes, we will succeed! 

:)

1997 Prozac ?mg

1991 Sertraline ?mg

2002 Escitalopram 10 mg

2018 2.5 mg - stopped by Dr./Reinstated, up-dosed to 7.5 mg

04/19 Began BM slide @7.5 mg

CURRENT  0.32 mg 🌼

"If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."

Mark 9:23

3 minutes ago, mdwstrx said:

Hi Frogie.

Just checked in this morning and saw your post.  That is such an accomplishment!  One Year!  Congratulations!!!  

You have done so well and only this last one to go.  July is not far away... it will be here before you know it!  

Stay strong and yes, we will succeed! 

:)

Thanks md:

I really appreciate your encouragement through all of this! I couldn’t have done it without everyone on here.

You are getting really low. What an accomplishment you’ve made😊 I’m very happy for you.

And yes, we are ALL going to make it.

Take care,

Frogie xx

37 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Today marks my one year anniversary since I took my last dose of Lexapro! I never thought I would be able to say that.🎊🎊🎊🎈🎈🎈🎉🎉🎉

CONGRATULATIONS, FROGIE!!!

This is another one of your accomplishments and serves as encouragement that you will get through the xanax taper - just around the corner. 😃

41 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I'm doing well, despite my Xanax taper, which is just normal and I'm dealing with it as best as I can and pushing through it.

Awesome! Sometimes we must deal with it the best we can - and muscle through it. That being said - the experience, encouragement and hope by SA mods and members pave the way for that

Happy Anniversary!

G.

10 minutes ago, Giulietta said:

CONGRATULATIONS, FROGIE!!!

This is another one of your accomplishments and serves as encouragement that you will get through the xanax taper - just around the corner. 😃

Awesome! Sometimes we must deal with it the best we can - and muscle through it. That being said - the experience, encouragement and hope by SA mods and members pave the way for that

Happy Anniversary!

G.

Thanks G:

I appreciate your encouragement. It means a lot.

And you’re doing great. Keep up the great work😊

Thanks for stopping by. It means a lot.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Congrats, Frogie.  I remember your date because it coincides with the one year of my hips replacement (recall I had both done).

So proud of your progress.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Happy Anniversary Frogie!!

Slow and steady wins, and you're winning 🙂

HUGS,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

1 minute ago, apace41 said:

Congrats, Frogie.  I remember your date because it coincides with the one year of my hips replacement (recall I had both done).

So proud of your progress.

Best,

Andy

I remember very well your hip replacement. You went through h**l also, but we are both healing. You faster than me lol...

I couldn’t have done it without you and I will never forget you taking me under your wing and helping me.

Thanks again for everything you’ve done for me😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

1 minute ago, Junglechicken said:

Happy Anniversary Frogie!!

Slow and steady wins, and you're winning 🙂

HUGS,

JC xxx

Thanks JC:

I am winning. And you’ve won the race🏃‍♀️Now if you really could get back to your marathons, which you will😊Lol...

Take care,

Frogie xx

Just now, Frogie said:

Thanks JC:

I am winning. And you’ve won the race🏃‍♀️Now if you really could get back to your marathons, which you will😊Lol...

Take care,

Frogie xx

LOL, I'm still an (unwilling) participant 😁

Anyway, keep focused on that July "beacon", its not far off now.

Well done again,

JC xxx 

Major Life Events: 

Just now, Junglechicken said:

LOL, I'm still an (unwilling) participant 😁

Anyway, keep focused on that July "beacon", its not far off now.

Well done again,

JC xxx 

Thanks. 

And you will be a participant in no time again!

Take care,

Frogie xx

3 hours ago, Frogie said:

And you’re doing great. Keep up the great work😊

Thanks for stopping by. It means a lot.

Hi Frogie

Thanks. :)  One day at a time.

I hope you are having a nice day, walking Delilah, and other things you enjoy.  Can you believe tomorrrow is April 1.  Spring is around the corner!

Hugs

G.

39 minutes ago, Giulietta said:

Hi Frogie

Thanks. :)  One day at a time.

I hope you are having a nice day, walking Delilah, and other things you enjoy.  Can you believe tomorrrow is April 1.  Spring is around the corner!

Hugs

G.

Hi G:

Went for a drive just to get out for a few minutes. Drove to the store to find the pick up area for our order tonight. Didn’t get out of the vehicle. 

I think we are taking Delilah for a walk this afternoon.

Spring is just around the corner and we are supposed to get 3-4” of snow Thursday. Oh well, no place to go and I love the snow.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Mentor

@Frogie @apace41

Well I guess we actually have three birthdays to celebrate.

Frogie, yours first.  Congratulations my friend. You have been through so much and have come so far.  You are rockin' it sister. You are close to completing the final leg of your difficult journey.  But then onto the good journey. May you only see good weather with blue skies from now on.

Andy, your right hip gets birthday wish number one and your left hip gets birthday wish number two.  A year ago the twins were born.  If it were me I would want to know which was born first. I remember when you did both at the same time. I was impressed because I knew how difficult one was, at least for me.  As for my hip replacement I am very glad I did it.  I hope you are happy with your twins.

So happy birthday to all three of you.

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

• Moderator Emeritus
4 minutes ago, RachelSusan said:

Andy, your right hip gets birthday wish number one and your left hip gets birthday wish number two.  A year ago the twins were born.  If it were me I would want to know which was born first. I remember when you did both at the same time. I was impressed because I knew how difficult one was, at least for me.  As for my hip replacement I am very glad I did it.  I hope you are happy with your twins.

LOL, RS!  I think you've had too much quarantine time.  

I appreciate the well wishes.  I really don't even notice that they were replaced at this point.  Like new to be honest.

The twins are well.  The rest of me?  Still very much a work in progress -- but aren't we all?

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

I'll be off of it in July. That will be my 6th and FINAL drug.😊

WOW!  That's great!  Best of luck on this final leg of your journey.

Terry

2007 - 2008          Paxil and Klonopin

2008 - 2012           Mirtazapine following CT from Klonopin and Paxil.  

2012                       Unsuccessful taper of mirtazapine; reinstated.     

7/2013 - 1/2014   Successfully tapered mirtazapine from 7.5 mg to 0.00.

Sertraline (Zoloft) Taper  Aug 4, 2017 - July 18, 2021 - Current dose 0.00

Alprazolam (Xanax)  July 19, 2017 - Nov 15, 2021 0.25 mg.

Began 10% taper  Nov 16, 2021 - 0.25  Jan 11, 2022 - 0.203;  Jan 13, 2023 - 0.0499;  Jan 21, 2024 - 0.0137;  Mar 17, 2024 - 0.0092;  Taper is 96% complete.

18 minutes ago, Terry said:

WOW!  That's great!  Best of luck on this final leg of your journey.

Terry

Thanks Terry,

I’m trudging along lol... I’ll be sooooo glad when I’m done.

You are doing great, you’re almost there with the Sertraline, way to go!

Take care,

Frogie xx

3 hours ago, RachelSusan said:

@Frogie @apace41

Well I guess we actually have three birthdays to celebrate.

Frogie, yours first.  Congratulations my friend. You have been through so much and have come so far.  You are rockin' it sister. You are close to completing the final leg of your difficult journey.  But then onto the good journey. May you only see good weather with blue skies from now on.

So happy birthday to all three of you.

@RachelSusan

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. I never thought of it that way.

It won’t be long and we can sing Happy Birthday to you. A little over a mg to go and your over that nightmare and on to the next.

I couldn’t have done it without people like you pushing me along and encouraging me. I really appreciate it😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

P.S. Love, love, love the happy birthday to Apace41. He rocks too! Just like you!!!

19 hours ago, Frogie said:

Went for a drive just to get out for a few minutes. Drove to the store to find the pick up area for our order tonight. Didn’t get out of the vehicle. 

Hi Frogie,

Good on picking up and not going into the store. I like pick ups/drive throughs esp. now.

Lucky Delilah. Angus went for alittle walk too. I'm trying to wear his toenails now. Being an older gentleman he doesn't like to walk very far before turning about face.

19 hours ago, Frogie said:

we are supposed to get 3-4” of snow Thursday

Me too but sun is shining. :)

Hugs,

G.

p.s.  Huge happy birthday to @apace41 and @RachelSusan