Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

Hi G:

4 hours ago, Giulietta said:

Good on picking up and not going into the store. I like pick ups/drive throughs esp. now.

I love the curbside pick up now especially. You just order online and they bring it to your car. My friends husband was just released from the hospital yesterday he has the virus, so my friend most likely has it. We picked up his medicine and left it on their doorstep for him this morning, but that’s as close to a store as I’m getting.

Lucky Delilah. Angus went for alittle walk too. I'm trying to wear his toenails now. Being an older gentleman he doesn't like to walk very far before turning about face.

I think we might try another walk today before it snows tomorrow. When I had a Brownie, we put her leash on and she sat down, looking at us like if you want to go for a walk you can carry me lol... I can understand your little Angus not wanting to go😊

Me too but sun is shining. :)

Sun is shining here right now, but tomorrow will be different.

You have a wonderful day and get some rays if you can.🌻

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

My friends husband was just released from the hospital yesterday he

Thanks goodness. That is wonderful news. If your friend has it then they will treat her. Nice of you to pick up the meds and drop off for him. Did they give him the chloroquinoline?

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

When I had a Brownie, we put her leash on and she sat down, looking at us like if you want to go for a walk you can carry me lol...

Why do dogs do this? There are 2 I know who were like this. Mine want to walk to not far.  Two previous dogs loved to go for long walks.

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

You have a wonderful day and get some rays if you can.🌻

Thanks - clouds are out here now but I will take my little one for a quick walk. 

Enjoy the snow tomorrow.

Hugs,

G.

Hello Frogie,

I am just seeing if you posted an update on how you are doing today. It is pouring cats and dogs here today so I am glad to be in isolation (today). ;)

Hugs,

G

19 hours ago, Giulietta said:

Hello Frogie,

I am just seeing if you posted an update on how you are doing today. It is pouring cats and dogs here today so I am glad to be in isolation (today). ;)

Hugs,

G

Hi G:

I don’t post a whole lot, except on my Off-Topic. I’ll talk to people over there. I usually only post once a month, my anniversary date on how I’m doing.

I’m doing ok. Just hanging out. Being very careful.

Not raining here, it was in the 50’s yesterday. Going to be in the 70’s today but snow Saturday night and Easter. That’s ok, we are just having our quiet Easter dinner at home. Did our shopping curbside. Will take some to “hubby’s “ parents. But we call her, tell her it’s at the door, she comes and gets it and we wave from the vehicle. I’ll be glad to hug her again.

Hope you’re doing well. 😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

52 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I don’t post a whole lot, except on my Off-Topic. I’ll talk to people over there. I usually only post once a month, my anniversary date on how I’m doing.

HI Frogie.

I forgot. B)

It's great you are able to get out at all and see other people. We may get some snow here too - and also having a very intimate Easter dinner. Maybe a cake from the freezer. ;) I'll be grateful for whatever flavor, etc. it is.

How is Delilah?

big hug,

G.

Hi G!

On 4/10/2020 at 8:48 AM, Giulietta said:

I forgot. B)

No worries 😉 

It's great you are able to get out at all and see other people.

It’s nice to see other people and walk but we stay on one side of the street and the other people are on the other side. I’m cautious about keeping my distance.

also having a very intimate Easter dinner. Maybe a cake from the freezer. ;) I'll be grateful for whatever flavor, etc. it is.

Our Easter dinner is just the 3 of us. We took dinner to my in-laws, they are on lockdown. Put it at their door and knocked. Then stepped back about 15 feet. Boy was she surprised. I thought she was going to cry. Glad they could enjoy an Easter dinner.  You’ll enjoy whatever you have because you’re at least thankful for your family.😊

How is Delilah?

She’s good. Just running around like a puppy. She wears me out watching her. How’s Angus? Hope he’s doing well.

Big hugs back to you🤗

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hello Frogie,

It's nice to be able to wave/see other people when you can get out for a walk.  I have exchanged waves with a couple of  neighbors but otherwise I am in the house and trying to keep spirits up.  I'm grateful to have my family even though we all will not be together tomorrow. Lots of memories of hunting for Easter eggs together though. ;)

I'm glad to hear how touched your in-laws were with your delivery of the special dinner. That was very thoughtful of you.

Angus is fine - he didn't want to be out much today since it has been extremely windy. I have only to go out with him once more (I Hope) tonight - I don't like the cold biting wind either. ;)

I wish you and your family a happy and blessed Easter.

Hugs,

G.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Frogie,

I've been keeping up with your posts and it's great to see how well you are progressing.  Considering how you were when you started here, you have come an incredibly long way, not just in reducing your drugs but in your ability to handle things.  Keep up the good work.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

5 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Hi Frogie,

I've been keeping up with your posts and it's great to see how well you are progressing.  Considering how you were when you started here, you have come an incredibly long way, not just in reducing your drugs but in your ability to handle things.  Keep up the good work.

Thanks ChessieCat:

I really appreciate the kind words.

I was a complete mess when I started here. I won’t lie. But, when I stopped and listened to everyone it hit me that you and everyone else knew what you were talking about AND what you were doing. Things settled down.

I’ve learned to use my “tool box” and a lot of other things to handle situations and I’ve learned you can’t control anything. You just learn to live with it and deal with life the best you can. And I am.

You have been so caring and kind to me through this whole journey. Again, I appreciate everything you’ve done for me.

You are getting really low on your taper. Congratulations! You’re almost there. I’m very happy for you 😊

It’s so nice to see you back. 

Thanks for caring. You have no idea how that makes me feel.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Well...

Month 13 off Lexapro and I think it is very unlucky to me.

On March 1, a very dear high school friend of mine passed away. His daughter found him when he didn't come to work. He owned his own business. He was in perfect shape.

My dear friend that lives a few blocks from me, her husband tested positive for COVID, and was in the hospital for 5 days. He never needed a respirator and is now home off his oxygen as of a week or so ago. She also tested positive. I haven't been able to see them but do skype with her.

Our neighbor was taken by ambulance and tested positive for COVID. The hospital did not admit him as he didn't require oxygen. His wife also tested positive. But they are improving daily.

Now... My dear friend (and my dentist), she had gone to bed Monday night and her husband was playing cards online with his brothers. He stepped outside to get some fresh air and tripped and fell, hitting his head on the brick on their house. He laid there paralyzed from the neck down until she found him the next morning. She thought he slept in his recliner until she found him. On the way to the hospital all he could think of who was going to deliver the Meals on Wheels that he had to deliver that morning. He had surgery, but was still paralyzed from the neck down. Tuesday, he started getting pneumonia so they put him on oxygen and antibiotics. I'm very sad and tears are running down my face right now. He passed away around 12:30 am this morning. 

I'm using my toolbox and doing things around the house to keep me busy. But it is so difficult not to be able to go to everyone’s  house and give them all a hug.

I have a son that we haven't spoken in 12 years. I wish he would call me.  We were so close until his father married another woman. She turned him against me in a blink of an eye. He is so impressionable. At times like this it breaks my heart.

I've been able to talk to my granddaughter, but not seen her.

Needless to say, I've had some anxiety. Not just from my Xanax taper, but all of this. But I'm going to make it. I just pray a lot, watch a lot of comedies, do a lot of jigsaw puzzles and try to stay away from the news as much as possible.

Life is precious everyone. Please be kind to yourself and everyone you know. You don't know what may happen in a split second.

I hope everyone is doing well. You are all in my thoughts.🤗❤️

Take care,

Frogie xx

Dear Frogie, so sorry to read this...that's a lot of shock and sadness to move through. You're doing all the right things, sending you love and hugs. You are right, you absolutely will make it, be extra gentle to yourself xxx

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

Dear Frogie,

You have had more than your share of bad news lately.  I'm so sorry for the losses you've experienced.  I'm glad to hear you have a positive outlook.  Wishing you the very best in dealing with your xanax taper and your losses.  💜

Best to you,

Terry

2007 - 2008          Paxil and Klonopin

2008 - 2012           Mirtazapine following CT from Klonopin and Paxil.  

2012                       Unsuccessful taper of mirtazapine; reinstated.     

7/2013 - 1/2014   Successfully tapered mirtazapine from 7.5 mg to 0.00.

Sertraline (Zoloft) Taper  Aug 4, 2017 - July 18, 2021 - Current dose 0.00

Alprazolam (Xanax)  July 19, 2017 - Nov 15, 2021 0.25 mg.

Began 10% taper  Nov 16, 2021 - 0.25  Jan 11, 2022 - 0.203;  Jan 13, 2023 - 0.0499;  Jan 21, 2024 - 0.0137;  Mar 17, 2024 - 0.0092;  Taper is 96% complete.

4 minutes ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Dear Frogie, so sorry to read this...that's a lot of shock and sadness to move through. You're doing all the right things, sending you love and hugs. You are right, you absolutely will make it, be extra gentle to yourself xxx

Thank you for the kind words.

Lots of shock and sadness to deal with, but I’m doing it.

Thanks for the hugs, here is one back to you 🤗

We will make it. Just have to use our tools and the kindness of everyone on this site❤️

Take care,

Frogie xx

Just now, Frogie said:

Thank you for the kind words.

Lots of shock and sadness to deal with, but I’m doing it.

Thanks for the hugs, here is one back to you 🤗

We will make it. Just have to use our tools and the kindness of everyone on this site❤️

Take care,

Frogie xx

You're welcome, Frogie, all hugs greatfully received ❤️

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

14 minutes ago, Terry said:

Dear Frogie,

You have had more than your share of bad news lately.  I'm so sorry for the losses you've experienced.  I'm glad to hear you have a positive outlook.  Wishing you the very best in dealing with your xanax taper and your losses.  💜

Best to you,

Terry

Thanks Terry,

I appreciate every kind words.  You have no idea.

I hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

11 minutes ago, sunnysideup69 said:

You're welcome, Frogie, all hugs greatfully received ❤️

❤️❤️❤️

Dearest Frogie,

I wish I was with you to give you hugs and comfort you. What a wretched time you have had - with or without medicine problems this tests the human spirit. Lack of physical contact makes this all worse - but remember you are not alone. It seems like things have come crashing down at once.

I am sorry about your friend (and dentist's) recent passing. After the awful fall it didn't look for him. He has been called home and looks over all of us now.

On top of the sad losses (and not to minimize them but to offer hope) -  your neighbors and friends are recovering from covid-19 and you do not have it. You are off lexapro for 13 months. All positive things that now are hard to remember.

Loving family and friends is now more important than ever - and every moment is precious. Every moment lost to worry and sadness is one lost and never found again.

I hope your son will at this point decide to reconcile with you. Will respond to your PM later.

Big hugs to you.

G.

Hi G:

3 minutes ago, Giulietta said:

I wish I was with you to give you hugs and comfort you. What a wretched time you have had - with or without medicine problems this tests the human spirit. Lack of physical contact makes this all worse - but remember you are not alone. It seems like things have come crashing down at once.

I wish I could give you a hug back🤗 this will have to do. It does seem like everything has come crashing down all at once.

5 minutes ago, Giulietta said:

I am sorry about your friend (and dentist's) recent passing. After the awful fall it didn't look for him. He has been called home and looks over all of us now.

Thank you. They were both such wonderful men. They would have given their shirt off their back to a complete stranger. I wish I could give the family hugs, but I will one day.

6 minutes ago, Giulietta said:

On top of the sad losses (and not to minimize them but to offer hope) -  your neighbors and friends are recovering from covid-19 and you do not have it. You are off lexapro for 13 months. All positive things that now are hard to remember.

That is very true. I think of the “happy” things and try not to dwell on all the negative. I’ve made it 13 months, that is something to be proud of.

8 minutes ago, Giulietta said:

I hope your son will at this point decide to reconcile with you.

I hope someday my son will decide that he actually does miss his mother. I’m very blessed to have my oldest son, daughter in law and granddaughter in my life though.

10 minutes ago, Giulietta said:

Loving family and friends is now more important than ever - and every moment is precious

They are very important. Especially now, going through these challenging times. I am blessed to have a wonderful family and friends.

11 minutes ago, Giulietta said:

Big hugs to you.

Big hugs back to you. 🤗 I hope Angus is doing well. Delilah is just running around in the backyard. It’s going to be in the high 80’s today.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Mentor

My friend Frogie,

So much grief at one time. Sending online hugs and condolences.

As to your son, so painful.  So heartbreaking. Sort of like a kick in the gut that never goes away.  I am so very sorry.

xoxo

RS

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

26 minutes ago, RachelSusan said:

My friend Frogie,

So much grief at one time. Sending online hugs and condolences.

As to your son, so painful.  So heartbreaking. Sort of like a kick in the gut that never goes away.  I am so very sorry.

xoxo

RS

Thanks RS:

I appreciate all the kind words. It has been a very trying time, but I’m handling it the best I know how.

I hope someday my son will come around. He’s been influenced by some really negative people.

I hope you were able to get your groceries 😊 it’s very challenging times.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie-- I'm so sorry to read about all the terrible things you've been facing  lately.  (((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

I really wanted to say just how nice that blue star looks on you avatar. Congratulations on becoming our latest Mentor.

Brass

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

@Frogie

I'm so sorry about all you've been going through.  You are very strong to be able to withstand these blows, and we are here for you.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

8 minutes ago, Gridley said:

@Frogie

I'm so sorry about all you've been going through.  You are very strong to be able to withstand these blows, and we are here for you.

Thanks Gridley:

I feel like I’ve been through the wringer. But using my toolbox, doing lots of jigsaw puzzles, watching comedies, and this site have gotten me through it.

I’m going to make it.

Thanks for the kind words and thinking of me. I greatly appreciate it.

Hope you’re doing well. Give the fur babies hugs from me😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

20 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

Hi Frogie-- I'm so sorry to read about all the terrible things you've been facing  lately.  (((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

I really wanted to say just how nice that blue star looks on you avatar. Congratulations on becoming our latest Mentor.

Brass

@brassmonkey

Thanks for the hugs. It’s needed right now. But just like I told Gridley, just using my tools, this site, and jigsaw puzzles I’m going to make it. Just a hard blow. Wow!

And thanks on the blue star. I’m honored to be able to help😊

I hope even through your adventures you got some pictures. Would love to see them!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Even though the trip was cut short I managed to take around 2500 pictures.  We saw 7 different tigers and I was able to get pictures f each one. I still have to go through them and pick out the best ones. Even in lock down there is so much going on, yea sure, I retired so it's all my fault I so busy. LOL

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

13 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

Even though the trip was cut short I managed to take around 2500 pictures.  We saw 7 different tigers and I was able to get pictures f each one. I still have to go through them and pick out the best ones. Even in lock down there is so much going on, yea sure, I retired so it's all my fault I so busy. LOL

That’s great, I look forward to seeing them. I didn’t know 7 different tigers even existed! That must have been an awesome site.

Our state is starting to open, it’s a little worrisome. I’m staying home except for curbside pickup for groceries. But “hubby” went back to work yesterday. He has been furloughed since March 17.

I’m sure you are busier now that you’re retired than you ever were or thought you’d ever be LOL...

I was meaning seven different individuals.  There actually are seven different types of tigers scattered over the world but these were all Royal Bengal tiger which are the largest. There are actually about 3000 tigers in India in the various national parks and reserves.

Yea, I think they are starting to open things up way too soon.

10 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

I was meaning seven different individuals.  There actually are seven different types of tigers scattered over the world but these were all Royal Bengal tiger which are the largest. There are actually about 3000 tigers in India in the various national parks and reserves.

Yea, I think they are starting to open things up way too soon.

Ok, gotcha. But that is fascinating about the tigers. Can’t wait to see pictures.

They are opening too soon. But they want the economy back up and going. But the way they are going about it is scaring people and it will shut things down again I’m afraid.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Mentor

Frogie,

I didn't realize you were a mentor until I saw Brassmonkey's post. This is wonderful and so appropriate.  You help so many people on this site.  I hope it means you will stay around this site even after you finish your taper of Xanax. You are a valuable member of this group and offer to much.

xo

RS

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

1 hour ago, RachelSusan said:

Frogie,

I didn't realize you were a mentor until I saw Brassmonkey's post. This is wonderful and so appropriate.  You help so many people on this site.  I hope it means you will stay around this site even after you finish your taper of Xanax. You are a valuable member of this group and offer to much.

xo

RS

Awww RS:

Thank you so much. I was made a Mentor yesterday, so it’s all new to me as it is to everyone.

I try to just be kind to people. We are all going through the same thing here and we all can use support. I love the support I receive from everyone on here. I have learned so much and made wonderful friends, like you😊

I plan on sticking around. I’m sure I will still learn a lot after my taper is over. And if I can give my experience to people then I think I’ve done well.

Thanks for the kind words. You are an amazing person!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Congratulations on being asked to be a mentor Frogie! 

You are such a positive voice on this site. 

I'm also sorry for what you've been through of late.  

I guess our own trials help us to have compassion

for others.  At least it seems so in your case. 💜

Md 👍

1997 Prozac ?mg

1991 Sertraline ?mg

2002 Escitalopram 10 mg

2018 2.5 mg - stopped by Dr./Reinstated, up-dosed to 7.5 mg

04/19 Began BM slide @7.5 mg

CURRENT  0.34 mg 🌼

"If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."

Mark 9:23

16 minutes ago, mdwstrx said:

Congratulations on being asked to be a mentor Frogie! 

You are such a positive voice on this site. 

I'm also sorry for what you've been through of late.  

I guess our own trials help us to have compassion

for others.  At least it seems so in your case. 💜

Md 👍

Thanks mdwstrx,

What kind and thoughtful words. I try to be positive, but I love positive encouragement myself. I get a lot of that on here. I think it helps everyone through this awful wd.

I feel like I’ve been out through the wringer lately, but I’m bouncing back. At least we are thankful “hubby” started back to work and had a job. A lot lost their jobs through this. I’m just being mindful and keeping a positive attitude through all of my trials and tribulations. 

I’m going to make it just like you!

Thanks for stopping by. You have no idea how it makes me feel😊

Hope you’re doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• 5 weeks later...

I made it another month as of yesterday 14 months off Lexapro.

Had a “pity party” last month when I posted. Don’t talk to people when at home except the dog and “hubby” works so just spilled the beans, per se. Please forgive me.

I was saddened once again. My girlfriend of 50+ years, father passed 2 weeks ago of this d*** virus! So that makes 3 deaths that I’ve experienced and 5 people that have had it! Two of them did not pass from the virus, but still way too young.😞

Otherwise, I’m keeping myself busy. Just cleaning as everyone is doing right now and playing with my puppy. She’s fun.

I feel really good from the Lexapro taper. Now just muddling along with the Xanax taper. September 18, I’ll be done with my 6th and final medication. Won’t be soon enough.

I hope everyone is well and staying safe.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Edited by Frogie

• 1 month later...

Didn’t update June 30:

I’m doing well off the Lexapro. I can’t believe it’s been 15 months!

I feel great except for the $&#@#$&# Xanax taper, it’s brutal. But I’m pushing through and going to be better in the end!

• Moderator Emeritus
On 7/14/2020 at 2:10 PM, Frogie said:

Didn’t update June 30:

I’m doing well off the Lexapro. I can’t believe it’s been 15 months!

I feel great except for the $&#@#$&# Xanax taper, it’s brutal. But I’m pushing through and going to be better in the end!

❤️❤️❤️ 

You're very inspiring dear Frogie !

Unlike you, I started my tapers with benzo. But we've made half the path ! :)

Hang on : benzo taper can be brutal, but the outcome is also recovery :)

One day we'll dance to celebrate our freedom ☀️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

50 minutes ago, Erell said:

❤️❤️❤️ 

You're very inspiring dear Frogie !

Unlike you, I started my tapers with benzo. But we've made half the path ! :)

Hang on : benzo taper can be brutal, but the outcome is also recovery :)

One day we'll dance to celebrate our freedom ☀️

Thanks Erell for the kind and thoughtful words.

Boy, aren’t you right. The benzo taper is a whole different ballgame. My Lexapro taper wasn’t fun at all, but this is just a nightmare! A whole new set of symptoms, oh yea... lol... But I’m distracting a lot and not letting it get the best of me.

How is your Prozac crossover going? I hope you’re able to stabilize.

We all will heal from this and do a huge happy dance 💃I can’t wait for that day. 

Thanks for stopping by. It means a lot 😊

Take care,

Frogie xx