Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

4 hours ago, Frogie said:

Ok Altostrata: I will look into some blogs/Facebook groups.

I will try not to post about things other than tapering and WD. May I still post tapering and WD questions?

I just do a journal on here for my information. I thought it was ok to do a journal type thread for my benefit as I see other people do it?

Hope you are doing well.

Frogie xx

Altostrata:

I joined 2 "Digestive" support groups,  a Thyroid group and Hypothyroid Mom's Facebook page. They were recommended by friends that I know that have these problems. I'm still reading blogs from Hypothyroid Mom and googling things on both subjects daily.

Am I still allowed to talk with people here about WD and tapering issues?

I hope that helps.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Hey Frogie 

its good you are reading  blogs on the hyphothyroid stuff. That will serve you better in that  department, though I understand it can be caused by wd from ad. Oh God, what problems don’t these drugs cause?

but I wanted to ask about your lex taper. What dose are you down to and how long has it been since you tapered? You seem to be one of the few lucky ones that can go down 10%. When you do taper, are you pretty much symptom free from the last taper? Do you experience the morning cortisol rush? If so, do you still taper every month? I’m holding 54 days now. Scared to make a move with the lex. Switched to lunesta taper. Going super slowiń. 

Tske it easy. Try to ge outside 

whoops. I’m boring myself. Just fell asleep. 2 nd time in a week this has happened 

i wrote this  last night. Fell asleep in the middle of it. Never hit send. Xx

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

2 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hey Frogie 

its good you are reading  blogs on the hyphothyroid stuff. That will serve you better in that  department, though I understand it can be caused by wd from ad. Oh God, what problems don’t these drugs cause?

but I wanted to ask about your lex taper. What dose are you down to and how long has it been since you tapered? You seem to be one of the few lucky ones that can go down 10%. When you do taper, are you pretty much symptom free from the last taper? Do you experience the morning cortisol rush? If so, do you still taper every month? I’m holding 54 days now. Scared to make a move with the lex. Switched to lunesta taper. Going super slowiń. 

Tske it easy. Try to ge outside 

whoops. I’m boring myself. Just fell asleep. 2 nd time in a week this has happened 

i wrote this  last night. Fell asleep in the middle of it. Never hit send. Xx

Hi:

I know what you mean about these drugs causing all kinds of problems. Evil things.

Right now I'm at 1.8mg on my Lexapro. I'm supposed to taper the end of the month, but don't know if I will or not, depends on how I'm feeling. I do get some symptoms a few days after I taper. But it doesn't stick around long. I don't get cortisol rush. But I get anxiety here and there. I take my Xanax and it helps a lot. I'm not looking forward to tapering that. I'm not a mod, but don't taper more than 1 med at a time. So stick to the Lunesta. 

You must be exhausted to fall asleep in the middle of something. Sounds like you need to take it easy.

I'm taking it easy. Too easy. It's really windy and cold, so haven't been out. But supposed to be in the 80's this weekend so I'll get out then.

Hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Thanks Frogie 

stay warm. 

We had frost on the ground this morning but it’s suppose to be around 60. Blue skies. Yay

yeah. I’m going to stick to the lunesta. The cortisol morning rush was better the last few days, but hit hard this morning. Residual lex or lunesta taper? Who knows. Just wondering if that plagued you. I’m not in a hurry to touch lexapro again. When I do, it’ll be so small, my brain won’t notice. 

Have a good day. My babies will be here to wear me out again.   xx 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

4 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Thanks Frogie 

stay warm. 

We had frost on the ground this morning but it’s suppose to be around 60. Blue skies. Yay

yeah. I’m going to stick to the lunesta. The cortisol morning rush was better the last few days, but hit hard this morning. Residual lex or lunesta taper? Who knows. Just wondering if that plagued you. I’m not in a hurry to touch lexapro again. When I do, it’ll be so small, my brain won’t notice. 

Have a good day. My babies will be here to wear me out again.   xx 

Glad to hear the cortisol was better. Maybe it's the Lunesta doing it? I never took that so I don't know.

I can hear the wind blowing, but haven't looked outside.

Hopefully the time will pass fast and you will be able to rest.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks Frogie 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

3 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Thanks Frogie 

You are welcome.

Hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Does liquid Lexapro expire? I found a bottle in my fridge that is dated 10/17/2017. It was behind a bottle of salad dressing. 

I wondered what happened to that bottle? I remember I had to pay for a replacement bottle one month because it had been re-filled.

I googled it. Some sites say yes it's fine and some sites say no because liquid loses its potency.

Thanks,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

i have no idea if the liquid will lose its potency after the sell by date but I would be wary of using it just in case. 

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

6 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

i have no idea if the liquid will lose its potency after the sell by date but I would be wary of using it just in case. 

That is the date I bought it. It doesn't have an expire date on it. I'm kinda leary of taking it too.

Hope you are feeling a little better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Administrator

Frogie, the expiration date should be on the label. If you can't find it, take it to your pharmacist and ask them when it expires.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

1 minute ago, Altostrata said:

Frogie, the expiration date should be on the label. If you can't find it, take it to your pharmacist and ask them when it expires.

Ok I can just call them. But having a date of 10/2017 on it, I'm kinda leary to take it. It is a small bottle, so, they probably owed me some and it got lost in the fridge.

Thanks!

Frogie xx

Just an FYI:

I just talked to the pharmacist about the bottle of Lexapro.

I take a generic form in liquid. It's made by CAMBE.

It is not supposed to be refrigerated. Keep it at room temperature. And dispose of it 3-4 months after the date you had it filled. She said to keep it in a kitchen cabinet away from the stove or anything that would get hot. 

And not in the bathroom.

Hope this helps someone else too.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I'm hanging in there, playing the waiting game, trying to stabilize ... all in good time I hope!

PAST

Gabapentin:  about 6 months in 2015, 300-900 mg, cold turkeyed Sept 2015 (at same time dc'd Klonopin)

Klonopin: June 2014- Sept 2015; 1mg tapered over 6 mths, dc'd at 0.25mg, withdrawal hellish (perhaps because of concurrent dc of gabapentin)

Mirtazepine: Jumped off at 2.4 mg. (stable in 8 months).

Seroquel:  June 14 - July 24, 2016, 25 mg alternate nights; smaller doses for shorter periods. Total use about 3 months 

Lamictal: March 19, 2018 - 1 mg; March 23 - 1.25 mg; April 6 - 2mg. Discontinued at 2 mgJuly 1, 2018 due to Steven Johnson Syndrome.

CURRENT

Supplements: Vit D, turmeric

Naturethroid: 65 mcg for hypothyroidism

Trazodone: Oct 2015 - June 2016; 75 mg tapered over 2 mths, intense w/d after 3 weeks. Reinstatement: 07/25/16 - 25 mg; updosed 08/03/16 - 50 mg;  10/01/16-  62mg; 03/24/17 dropped to 50 mg (stable in 2.5 months)

Current psych meds: Trazodone 50 mg

1 minute ago, Survivor1 said:

I'm hanging in there, playing the waiting game, trying to stabilize ... all in good time I hope!

Just hold, hold, hold and hold somemore and you will be ok.

I learned the hard way.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hey frog lady

how are you doing?

whoops I keep my lexapro liquid in the bathroom cuz that’s where I measure it up in the morning. And I assumed it was good til the expiration date. It doesn’t say anything about not using after 3-4 mo. But at 4.3 ml , the bottle goes pretty fast. Good to know for the future though when I get down to lower doses.....far in the future. 

Glad you posted that. Thanks

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

24 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hey frog lady

how are you doing?

whoops I keep my lexapro liquid in the bathroom cuz that’s where I measure it up in the morning. And I assumed it was good til the expiration date. It doesn’t say anything about not using after 3-4 mo. But at 4.3 ml , the bottle goes pretty fast. Good to know for the future though when I get down to lower doses.....far in the future. 

Glad you posted that. Thanks

You are welcome. If yours has an expiration date on it I would go by it. Mine doesn't. So I learned a lesson too. I kept mine in the fridge, not anymore. I have a big bottle, so I'll have to whatch the date. I'm doing ok. It's in the 70's but windy. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 80 but windy, we are under fire watch. Be glad to be out of here lol... How are you feeling? Still all the symptoms? Hope you are a little better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hey

things have settled down a bit. High anxiety morning and eyes are burning and blurry. But this afternoon not too bad. Felt obligated to take my mom shopping even though I wasn’t feeling very well. Ended up being a good thing. Distracted me from the anxiety and I bought a load of summer clothes. It was pitiful looking in the big mirrors with bright lights. Oh God , what the wd and winter has done to this old body. Motivated to do something about it though. It’s been almost 2 months since I cut lex. Went down 1% more on lunesta last night. Being very cautious. 

How are you doing?

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

25 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hey

things have settled down a bit. High anxiety morning and eyes are burning and blurry. But this afternoon not too bad. Felt obligated to take my mom shopping even though I wasn’t feeling very well. Ended up being a good thing. Distracted me from the anxiety and I bought a load of summer clothes. It was pitiful looking in the big mirrors with bright lights. Oh God , what the wd and winter has done to this old body. Motivated to do something about it though. It’s been almost 2 months since I cut lex. Went down 1% more on lunesta last night. Being very cautious. 

How are you doing?

I'm glad things have settled down. That's great you got summer clothes. I'm not buying any clothes until I lose weight. Leggins and big t-shirts. But good distraction. We went to buy a movie and then my fiancé got home and realized he already has the movie. Went to Safeway and cashed in my $5 gift card and $5 cash that I won on their monopoly game. I would be very cautious too. And just hold, hold, hold on the lexapro. How's the nausea? I'm just tired, no energy but don't feel bad other than that.

Me too. So fatigued. The nausea is still there but better. I am soooo afraid to cut lex again. It won’t be for a long time. Couple, few more months. And then micro micro taper. Wish I could come down 10% like you do. I don’t ever want to be back in the position of the last 10 mo. though. At this point I’m more concerned about the lunesta and Ativan. It sure won’t hurt me to hold the lexapro. 

I bought 9 of the cutest tops. I usually don’t have that good of luck finding things I like. Couldn't decide, so I bought them all. Even had some good laughs in the same dressing room with  my mom. I saw my future. 

I lost a lot of hair and my eyelashes at the beginning of my taper. They’ve come back, but my hair went from brown to gray in just a couple months. It has to be the drugs and wd. Oh well. That’s the least of my worries. My daughter says to embrace it. But the lack of muscle tone..... I have to work on that. I’ve been more active this week. And it sure feels good!!!! Not great. Not normal. But better. 

Pee is being cultured for possible bladder infection. And I’m having a ultrasound on gallbladder Monday. Dang drugs. Doc wants the gallbladder out. Been having issues for awhile but the pain is getting pretty bad. He thinks it’s the cause of all my gut issues but I’m not so sure. Too many people on the forum having stomach pain. If the gallstones aren’t any worse than last time they were checked, then I might stall surgery a little longer. I’m not sure I can physically handle it right now. What would that do to the wd? Doc says won’t be effected but hah! What does he know?

xx

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

5 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Me too. So fatigued. The nausea is still there but better. I am soooo afraid to cut lex again. It won’t be for a long time. Couple, few more months. And then micro micro taper. Wish I could come down 10% like you do. I don’t ever want to be back in the position of the last 10 mo. though. At this point I’m more concerned about the lunesta and Ativan. It sure won’t hurt me to hold the lexapro. 

I bought 9 of the cutest tops. I usually don’t have that good of luck finding things I like. Couldn't decide, so I bought them all. Even had some good laughs in the same dressing room with  my mom. I saw my future. 

I lost a lot of hair and my eyelashes at the beginning of my taper. They’ve come back, but my hair went from brown to gray in just a couple months. It has to be the drugs and wd. Oh well. That’s the least of my worries. My daughter says to embrace it. But the lack of muscle tone..... I have to work on that. I’ve been more active this week. And it sure feels good!!!! Not great. Not normal. But better. 

Pee is being cultured for possible bladder infection. And I’m having a ultrasound on gallbladder Monday. Dang drugs. Doc wants the gallbladder out. Been having issues for awhile but the pain is getting pretty bad. He thinks it’s the cause of all my gut issues but I’m not so sure. Too many people on the forum having stomach pain. If the gallstones aren’t any worse than last time they were checked, then I might stall surgery a little longer. I’m not sure I can physically handle it right now. What would that do to the wd? Doc says won’t be effected but hah! What does he know?

xx

Sounds like you had a good time. That's great, you deserve it. I saw a really cute top when we went to get the movie. It was a just a long t-shirt and they wanted $25 for it. No way for a no name brand. I have enough anyways. I've gained so much weight. I look horrible, hopefully I can lose it when I'm off these evil drugs.

My my hair is starting to turn grey. But it's age and WD. 

I had my gallbladder out. I wasn't in WD at the time but had a horrible reaction to the Vicodin. I thought people were in the walls and were coming to get me. I literally had to be babysat. For an outpatient surgery, I was out of work for 6 weeks. But if you need it you need it. The stones can move and it's not good. Hopefully you don't have a bladder infection.

I know exactly how you feel about dr's not knowing anything.

Let me know as soon as you find out. 

6 wks? You didn’t have the keyhole surgery? He said I’d just be down for a few days. I am allergic to Vicodin. I won’t take pain meds. 

I couldn’t take any after my hysterectomy. There are none I tried that I didn’t have a reaction to. 6 wks? Holy c. 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

6 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

6 wks? You didn’t have the keyhole surgery? He said I’d just be down for a few days. I am allergic to Vicodin. I won’t take pain meds. 

I couldn’t take any after my hysterectomy. There are none I tried that I didn’t have a reaction to. 6 wks? Holy c. 

It was 6 weeks because of the Vicodin reaction otherwise I would have been back to work in a week or so.

I hope you don't have to have the surgery in the 1st place, but if you do I hope it goes well.

Keep me updated.

Hi Frogie

I hope you’re doing ok.

Im looking at tapering from my 5mg lexapro . I’m very ill with the akathisia and ongoing Wds.

How long has it taken you to drop 5mg? I know it’s different for all. But I’m concerned this drug is heightening the akathisia.

What cuts are you making? I can’t see signatures on my phone.

Are you using liquid? If so how was it moving to that from the pill?

Sorry so many questions.

Love, Nikki x

2009-2011 mirtazapine 45mg plus clonaz as needed. Start Lexapro Nov 2011. 

June 2016 Zopiclone, July-Sept Trazodone 50mg, adverse reaction, ct, started pregabalin, reduced Lexapro from 20 to 15mg

Start of 2017 on 15mg lexapro, 100mg pregablin. April added 15mg mirtazapine. End May.  Start June stop pregablin after two week taper.  End June.  Stopped Lexapro 15mg 3 wk taper. Start July Mirt 30mg + Diaz daily 2-4mg End July  returned to mirtaz 15mg + lexapro at 10mg reinstated. 4th Aug - 19 Sept Zopiclone (3.75 then 7.5 then 3.75 at the end)

diazepam 7-8mg day since then. 16 Sept cut lex to 5mg. 5-6 Oct swapped 5mg lex to 8.15am and 15mg mirtazipine to 11pm

8 Oct onwards sticking to 6mg diazepam p/day 3 doses/ 2 Feb start 1mg clonazepam, stop Diaz. 21 Feb 2% cut lex. 8 March 12.5% clon cut. Now take .5 clon 9am, .375 5pm(0.875 mg daily clonazepam) 16 May  @8% clon reduction so 9am dose .43(0.805 mg daily clonazepam)

2 July 10% Lexapro reduction to 4.5mg. 9 Aug .25mg lex cut  to 4.25mg/ 13 Aug 4.5mg

2018 October Lexapro 4.5 to 4.25 mg  clonazepam 0.80 mg  mirtazapine 15 mg

2019 October present drugs:  Lexapro 2.75 mg(tapers of 0.25 increments in last year at 5 -9 week intervals),  clonazepam 0.78 mg(taper of .02 mg November 2018),  mirtazapine 15 mg

2020 January 5th Lexapro taper to 2.57 mg(2%drop), total clonazepam 0.78 mg, mirtazapine 15 mg

previous signature here  recent dosing and symptom logs here

43 minutes ago, Nikki74 said:

Hi Frogie

I hope you’re doing ok.

Im looking at tapering from my 5mg lexapro . I’m very ill with the akathisia and ongoing Wds.

How long has it taken you to drop 5mg? I know it’s different for all. But I’m concerned this drug is heightening the akathisia.

What cuts are you making? I can’t see signatures on my phone.

Are you using liquid? If so how was it moving to that from the pill?

Sorry so many questions.

Love, Nikki x

Hi Nikki:

I did some bad moves and cut my Lexapro in 1/2 from 20mg to 10mg. So it's taken me quite a while to get past five. September 13, 2017, I was at 5.5mg. Today I'm at 1.8mg. I cut every 30 days or so depending on his I feel and I cut 10%. I've had to updose because I get extreme nausea, although I haven't had it in a while. I use the liquid Lexapro. I took a month to switch over and did fine. It is much easier to use. 

If if I were you, and I'm not a dr or a mod, but just go really slow. Hold, hold and hold somemore. I had a mod on here tell me Lexapro is mean. It's like pulling a tigers tail. I believe her. She's very smart.

I'm supposed to do a 10% cut at the end of this month (oh my, tomorrow), I'll see how im feeling before I decide because I've had some other medical problems arise.

If I can answer anymore questions, please let me know. I'll do my best.

I hope you get over the akasthisia. I get it in my knees once in a while. Horrible. I have magnesium cream I rub on them and lay ankle weights on them. That helps. Maybe try magnesium baths?

Good luck. Look forward to talking with you again.

Take care,

Frogie xx

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

Hi Nikki:

I did some bad moves and cut my Lexapro in 1/2 from 20mg to 10mg. So it's taken me quite a while to get past five. September 13, 2017, I was at 5.5mg. Today I'm at 1.8mg. I cut every 30 days or so depending on his I feel and I cut 10%. I've had to updose because I get extreme nausea, although I haven't had it in a while. I use the liquid Lexapro. I took a month to switch over and did fine. It is much easier to use. 

If if I were you, and I'm not a dr or a mod, but just go really slow. Hold, hold and hold somemore. I had a mod on here tell me Lexapro is mean. It's like pulling a tigers tail. I believe her. She's very smart.

I'm supposed to do a 10% cut at the end of this month (oh my, tomorrow), I'll see how im feeling before I decide because I've had some other medical problems arise.

If I can answer anymore questions, please let me know. I'll do my best.

I hope you get over the akasthisia. I get it in my knees once in a while. Horrible. I have magnesium cream I rub on them and lay ankle weights on them. That helps. Maybe try magnesium baths?

Good luck. Look forward to talking with you again.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thank you Frogie.

I don’t think the akathisia is going anywhere soon. Been months now. 

Id hope to be able to do 10% cuts but I imagine I’ll have to go smaller. Unfortunately I get dozens of mental and physical symptoms in wd, certainly have since I ct’d the lex last year then it was reinstated and didn’t stop wd.

You’re progressing really well!

Thank you for replying xxx

2009-2011 mirtazapine 45mg plus clonaz as needed. Start Lexapro Nov 2011. 

June 2016 Zopiclone, July-Sept Trazodone 50mg, adverse reaction, ct, started pregabalin, reduced Lexapro from 20 to 15mg

Start of 2017 on 15mg lexapro, 100mg pregablin. April added 15mg mirtazapine. End May.  Start June stop pregablin after two week taper.  End June.  Stopped Lexapro 15mg 3 wk taper. Start July Mirt 30mg + Diaz daily 2-4mg End July  returned to mirtaz 15mg + lexapro at 10mg reinstated. 4th Aug - 19 Sept Zopiclone (3.75 then 7.5 then 3.75 at the end)

diazepam 7-8mg day since then. 16 Sept cut lex to 5mg. 5-6 Oct swapped 5mg lex to 8.15am and 15mg mirtazipine to 11pm

8 Oct onwards sticking to 6mg diazepam p/day 3 doses/ 2 Feb start 1mg clonazepam, stop Diaz. 21 Feb 2% cut lex. 8 March 12.5% clon cut. Now take .5 clon 9am, .375 5pm(0.875 mg daily clonazepam) 16 May  @8% clon reduction so 9am dose .43(0.805 mg daily clonazepam)

2 July 10% Lexapro reduction to 4.5mg. 9 Aug .25mg lex cut  to 4.25mg/ 13 Aug 4.5mg

2018 October Lexapro 4.5 to 4.25 mg  clonazepam 0.80 mg  mirtazapine 15 mg

2019 October present drugs:  Lexapro 2.75 mg(tapers of 0.25 increments in last year at 5 -9 week intervals),  clonazepam 0.78 mg(taper of .02 mg November 2018),  mirtazapine 15 mg

2020 January 5th Lexapro taper to 2.57 mg(2%drop), total clonazepam 0.78 mg, mirtazapine 15 mg

previous signature here  recent dosing and symptom logs here

2 minutes ago, Nikki74 said:

Thank you Frogie.

I don’t think the akathisia is going anywhere soon. Been months now. 

Id hope to be able to do 10% cuts but I imagine I’ll have to go smaller. Unfortunately I get dozens of mental and physical symptoms in wd, certainly have since I ct’d the lex last year then it was reinstated and didn’t stop wd.

You’re progressing really well!

Thank you for replying xxx

No problem, I wish I could help you.

You might have to micro taper. But the mods would be more help than me on that.

I wouldn't say I'm progressing well, but I'm moving along.

If you need a friend just to talk to I'm here.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Mentor

Hi Frogie,

Thank you for stopping by my thread. Everything is going very well and with any luck it will continue that way.  I hope your nausea stays at bay and all goes well for you.

xo

RS

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

14 minutes ago, RachelSusan said:

Hi Frogie,

Thank you for stopping by my thread. Everything is going very well and with any luck it will continue that way.  I hope your nausea stays at bay and all goes well for you.

xo

RS

Hi RS:

Great to hear! So far so good on the nausea. 

I sent you a PM a while back, don't know if you read it?

Take care,

Frogie xx

My taper is great so far (knock on wood). No nausea. Been almost a week.

But the akasthisia has returned in my knees! Driving me nuts! And I have an hour drive today. (One way).

Still no energy, I could sleep all day, but don't.

Wish me luck. :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

That's good.  How is Brownie?

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

That’s great Frogie!

the knee thing, though annoying, is not a huge deal. This too shall pass. 

Be safe. xx

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

Just now, joy2730 said:

That's good.  How is Brownie?

Joy

She's doing ok. Eating pretty well. Sleeps a lot. I don't want to leave her today but have no choice.

How are you doing?

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie

glad your taper is going well so far.

good luck with your drive.

I haven't driven in 5 years,hope to get out there again soon.

take care,ds

xx

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

6 minutes ago, direstraits said:

Hi Frogie

glad your taper is going well so far.

good luck with your drive.

I haven't driven in 5 years,hope to get out there again soon.

take care,ds

xx

Hi DS:

So far so good on the taper.

If I want to go anywhere where I live it is a drive. I'm seeing my therapist today. Last month was canceled because of weather, but it's in the 70's and 80's now. I will be so glad to move home. Few more months...

I just don't want to leave Brownie. :( I'm obsessed about not leaving her. It does me or her no good.

We have a friend that got food poisoning. Now he is supposed to have his appendix out in 1/2 hour and he is having heart palpitations so can't do the surgery until they get that under control. We are worried about him too.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

hope your therapist visit goes well.

sorry to hear about your friend,hope he will be OK.

I'm hanging in there,not too bad.

sending hugs to you and Brownie.

xx

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.