SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

1 minute ago, direstraits said:

hope your therapist visit goes well.

sorry to hear about your friend,hope he will be OK.

I'm hanging in there,not too bad.

sending hugs to you and Brownie.

xx

Thanks DS:

Hope my therapy appt goes well too. It was a disaster last time. Don't know why, but things were said that shouldn't have been.

I hope our friend will be ok too. He is very young. Only 30 I think.

I'm glad you are hanging in there. Hope you get better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Had panic/anxiety attacks last night as soon as we went to bed.

I don't know why, didn't do anything different than I normally do.

Maybe it's Brownie. She doesn't feel good again. I don't know.

But I did a lot of breathing and took some Rescue Remedy. Didn't run for the Xanax. I was proud of myself for that.

This morning I just feel blah :wacko: not nauseous, but don't feel good.

Hope everyone is doing better than me.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Maybe it’s delayed reaction from the taper, Frogie. I hope the blah passes quickly. 

I also had a panic attack yesterday and the anxiety has been terrible since. Did the rescue remedy work for you? I have calms forte on my shopping list....whenever I can get out again. Or maybe I’ll order from iherb. I wonder which of those 2 products is better??

i hope your day gets better. 

xx

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

47 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Maybe it’s delayed reaction from the taper, Frogie. I hope the blah passes quickly. 

I also had a panic attack yesterday and the anxiety has been terrible since. Did the rescue remedy work for you? I have calms forte on my shopping list....whenever I can get out again. Or maybe I’ll order from iherb. I wonder which of those 2 products is better??

i hope your day gets better. 

xx

I don't know where it came from. Brownie is sick so that might be it.

I've never tried calms forte, I always get rescue remedy. It works good.

Are you still nauseous? Any other symptoms? I hope they leave you alone.

Hopefully our anxiety passes for both of us.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Unfortunately, I’ve got all the symptoms. Been a tough few days. 

Does rescue remedy do anything at all for nausea? I just can’t take the sea sick pills like Dramamine. They cause fatigue. Which wouldn’t be a bad thing if I could nap. 

Im hoping the uptick in side effects is from the amoxicillin. I’m halfway through it. I hope it’s strong enough to take care of the bladder infection. I hate to start another 10 day course of treatment. 

Hope brownie is ok. 

xx

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

36 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Unfortunately, I’ve got all the symptoms. Been a tough few days. 

Does rescue remedy do anything at all for nausea? I just can’t take the sea sick pills like Dramamine. They cause fatigue. Which wouldn’t be a bad thing if I could nap. 

Im hoping the uptick in side effects is from the amoxicillin. I’m halfway through it. I hope it’s strong enough to take care of the bladder infection. I hate to start another 10 day course of treatment. 

Hope brownie is ok. 

xx

No it doesn't do anything for me for nausea. But 4 drops under my tongue and about 10 minutes later I'm better. It doesn't cause fatigue with me. I get on Amazon because it's free shipping we have prime. But you have to watch it they have one for pets too. 

Your problem could be from the amoxicillin. I'm allergic to it. I hope it's strong enough for the infection too.

Sorry you are going through all of this. I wish you tons of luck.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks Frogie 🌷

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

11 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Thanks Frogie 🌷

Anytime my friend. We are in this together. 🌻🌻🌻

• Moderator Emeritus
41 minutes ago, Frogie said:

but I am going to taper.  I've got to get off these evil meds.

I strongly suggest that you not taper for at least 3 months.

I would prefer 6.  

Times of distress are not times to taper.  They are times to hold.

Seriously, grieve your Brownie, but give your taper a rest.

Your thyroid is not horrible, it's a minor thing that you have anxiety about.  It would be better to wait on the taper until you can get through the days without bawling your eyes out.

Do you think it would be good for your thyroid to throw your body into crisis?

I do not.

If you are so worried about your thyroid - have you given up wheat?  That, and purifying your water of fluoride are the 2 best things you can do to support your thyroid.

Sorry for the strong language, but "Do not taper when things are hard" is a solid rule.  If you do choose to taper, and things get harder for you - well - you don't want to risk that, do you?

Edited by JanCarol

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

It's great when people make friends on this site. But you know how seriously we take going off psychiatric drugs. This site is not really for chit-chat, like Facebook is.

Topics in the Introductions forum are intended to 1) keep a record of questions and advice to a member about tapering; 2) track a member's progress; 3) compile case histories to educate the medical profession.

You can imagine if a psychiatrist were to visit here, the educational value of an Introductions topic with a lot of off-topic content would be low.

In addition -- and this is extremely important -- the moderators watch the Introductions forum very carefully, to jump in and help people who might be in trouble. A lot of off-topic comments that have nothing to do with tapering psychiatric drugs are a time-consuming distraction to them and might cause them to overlook important posts from people who are suffering badly.

We might even overlook important posts from Frogie herself, if she has problems with her tapers.

For the reasons above and to reduce work for the moderators, I have created a special thread, Frogie's topic in the Off-Topic forum and moved many posts from this topic to it.

Frogie, from now on, your Introductions topic is ONLY for on-topic posts connected with your psychiatric drug tapers. Post personal and social exchanges and other off-topic reports in Frogie's topic

I hope all of Frogie's many friends will take part in Frogie's topic

This action is for Frogie's safety and the general well-being of the moderators. Please respect it.

Edited by Altostrata
added emphasis

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having chest pains. I went to the dr. He did an EKG and everything was fine. He said it was WD. 

Did/does anyone get chest pains in WD?

Thanks,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

There are many existing topics on SA.  I use google and include survivingantidepressants.org in my search term.  Searching chest pains I found this topic:

chest-pain-and-stabbing-pain-in-the-heart

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Just now, ChessieCat said:

There are many existing topics on SA.  I use google and include survivingantidepressants.org in my search term.  Searching chest pains I found this topic:

chest-pain-and-stabbing-pain-in-the-heart

Thank you Chessiecat:

I appreciate you helping me.

And I will remember how to google for a certain subject now.

I will read It.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• 4 weeks later...

Happy Birthday Frogie! 🎈🎉🎂❤️

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

13 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Happy Birthday Frogie! 🎈🎉🎂❤️

Thanks 😊

The last couple of weeks I have had so much anxiety I could shoot to the moon and back.

Otherwise, I'm ok.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Frogie xx

Slow it down. You’ll be ok. You’re doing great!! Anxiety is difficult to deal with but you know the tools. Make sure you use them. 😘

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

4 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Slow it down. You’ll be ok. You’re doing great!! Anxiety is difficult to deal with but you know the tools. Make sure you use them. 😘

Can't go much slower lol... But I am trying to use my tools. Anxiety is horrible 😥

Is it your birthday?!  Happy Birthday, Frogie!!!

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

15 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

Is it your birthday?!  Happy Birthday, Frogie!!!

Yes it is. Thanks.

• Mentor

happy birthday!

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
14 hours ago, Happy2Heal said:

happy birthday!

Thanks...

Hi everyone:

Thank you for all the bday wishes. That was very kind of you.

If you want to chat could you please post on my Frogie's Off Topic thread. That would be great! 

Happy 4th!

Frogie xx

• 3 weeks later...

I hope a mod will read this and jump in and answer my questions! Thanks!!!!

Hi:

As you can see, I don't get on here too much. I wasn't really sure where to post this. On this thread, or my Off-Topic thread. If it needs to be moved, could someone do that for me?  But thought I would put it here since it is an update and I had some questions.

I'm doing really well. It's almost time to taper my Lexapro again. I will be down to .8, I'm getting there. I've had a little anxiety/akasthisia in my legs for a couple of days. No nausea!!!  I rub magnesium cream on and I'm ok in a little while. Do you know when is the safest to jump off Lexapro? I was thinking maybe .1-.2? I'm still a ways away.

I even cleaned the house from top to bottom last week 😊 Except the office, that's a scary place from the fiance. Not going there. LOL...

I still miss my little Brownie a lot, and will shed a tear from time to time. She was 16 years old, like having a child. I ended up not getting the puppy. I just couldn't do it right now. I think I would end up resenting it because it wouldn't sit with me like Brownie, it wouldn't give me kisses on the nose like Brownie. It just wasn't Brownie. So it went to a home where it will be loved for a very long time like Brownie was here.

It has been sooooo hot that I don't go out except to therapy. It's really helping.😎😎😎 We are working on emotions and CBT.

I had my yearly physical, and for the 1st time since I started these horrible meds, my liver was PERFECT! My Vitamin D was low and the dr. wants me to take Vitamin D3 but even 400 IU is making me very uncomfortable. He also wanted me to start tapering my Xanax again, but after a talk, he agreed to finish the Lexapro and gave me a 6 month refill of Xanax. Does Vitamin D tend to do that to people?

I just wanted to say hi and let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everyone is doing well. 

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie!! I'm so happy to read you are doing well.  That's wonderful.  

Ohh, jumping off is a tough call.  That's definitely a good question to ask. 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

Wonderful update Frogie,

Really happy that your health is improving as your Lexapro dose reduces.

The therapy is helping you too, so all very positive.

:)

TC,

JC xx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• Moderator Emeritus

When to end the taper and jump to zero

Vitamin D3

Edited by manymoretodays
double link prob-fixed

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Thank you Rosetta and JC!

Take care,

Frogie xx

1 hour ago, manymoretodays said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me this information. It's greatly appreciated!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi @Frogie

so happy to read how well you're doing!

you're getting there my friend.

hugs,ds

xx

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Just stopping by to say a quick hello froggie 💓

take care 

pink xxxx

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

Hi DS and Pink:

Thanks for stopping by. I don't get on much anymore. I'm doing ok.

If you want to chit-chat I have a thread called Frogie's Topic. 

This thread is for me to talk to the mods and to post questions.

Would love to talk to you there. 

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Frogie,

I had looked at your tapering with your last posting and once again and I'm not sure I'm following your rationale of dosage drops.

30 April- 1.5 mg 

31 May- 1.0 mg (34% drop from 1.5 mg)

30 June- 0.9 mg (10% drop from 1.0 mg)

31 July- 0.8 mg (12% drop from 0.9 mg)

So I'm a bit concerned that the 34% drop at the end of May may catch up to you.   As well as the 10% reductions rather than a more micro tapering approach.

You may want to consider a longer hold rather than a race to the finish.  As I said in PM.........often too rapid reductions may have a way of catching up with you.  And if you are considering something like a move in the near future.......... you may find it better to take a good long hold of several months until your home situation is less stressful, and more settled.

What is the concentration of your liquid solution? mg/mL........I know we clarified on this awhile back.  And I want you to get the empowerment of finding and then knowing these things for yourself going forward.  Taking charge if you will.

How much are you taking in millileters(mL)?

We may need to consider further dilution for your dosage decreases as well.

I know you report feeling super, etc..........several times in your signature.........but I did note that you also were reporting super anxiety after one of your drops.

Thankfully you have reached a point of no nauseau(as reported in PM).......your liver healing hopefully as you have decreased your medication load quite a bit.

Xanax continues at 1 mg. three times a day?

All for now.......and mainly just wanted to clarify your rationale and math.  A bit concerned too........ with your 34% decrease at the end of May.  Feel free to double check my math there as well.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

19 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi Frogie,

I had looked at your tapering with your last posting and once again and I'm not sure I'm following your rationale of dosage drops.

30 April- 1.5 mg 

31 May- 1.0 mg (34% drop from 1.5 mg)

30 June- 0.9 mg (10% drop from 1.0 mg)

31 July- 0.8 mg (12% drop from 0.9 mg)

So I'm a bit concerned that the 34% drop at the end of May may catch up to you.   As well as the 10% reductions rather than a more micro tapering approach.

You may want to consider a longer hold rather than a race to the finish.  As I said in PM.........often too rapid reductions may have a way of catching up with you.  And if you are considering something like a move in the near future.......... you may find it better to take a good long hold of several months until your home situation is less stressful, and more settled.

What is the concentration of your liquid solution? mg/mL........I know we clarified on this awhile back.  And I want you to get the empowerment of finding and then knowing these things for yourself going forward.  Taking charge if you will.

How much are you taking in millileters(mL)?

We may need to consider further dilution for your dosage decreases as well.

I know you report feeling super, etc..........several times in your signature.........but I did note that you also were reporting super anxiety after one of your drops.

Thankfully you have reached a point of no nauseau(as reported in PM).......your liver healing hopefully as you have decreased your medication load quite a bit.

Xanax continues at 1 mg. three times a day?

All for now.......and mainly just wanted to clarify your rationale and math.  A bit concerned too........ with your 34% decrease at the end of May.  Feel free to double check my math there as well.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Hi:

I didn't realize it was a 34% drop. It never bothered me though. You are correct on your math. I was going by a spreadsheet that I saw on the site. Maybe I was reading it wrong?

This last taper though, the last 2 mornings I have woken up with a headache and a little nausea. But it goes away by noon at the latest so I wasn't worried about it. I'm sure it will go away in a few days, like it always has. I haven't lost my appetite or anything lol...

Right now I am taking .8 ml. Isn't that the same as mg? Guess I'm confused 🙃 My liquid is a 1:1 ratio. I hope you can help me when the time comes to dilute it. 

We aren't moving until the end of the year/beginning of next year. I wish we were moving sooner, but the timing is not right.

Still taking 1 mg Xanax 3 times a day. The dr wanted me to start tapering that, but I talked to him and he gave me a 6 month refill. So I'm good for at least 6 months on that.

I really appreciate you checking on me. I'm greatful to have people helping me with this. And this site, it's fantastic.

I hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I woke up this morning with no nausea and no headache.

Maybe I'm going to make it 😊

Hope everyone is doing well.

Thank you MMT for all your help yesterday! Please write me when you have time. 😎🌻

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Mentor

that's wonderful Frogie

I'm so happy for you

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;)