Frogie

Frogie: Lexapro - how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

direstraits

Hi @Frogie

so happy to read how well you're doing!

you're getting there my friend.

hugs,ds

xx

pinkfairy

Just stopping by to say a quick hello froggie 💓

take care 

pink xxxx

Frogie

Hi DS and Pink:

Thanks for stopping by. I don't get on much anymore. I'm doing ok.

If you want to chit-chat I have a thread called Frogie's Topic. 

This thread is for me to talk to the mods and to post questions.

Would love to talk to you there. 

Take care,

Frogie xx

manymoretodays

Hi Frogie,

I had looked at your tapering with your last posting and once again and I'm not sure I'm following your rationale of dosage drops.

30 April- 1.5 mg 

31 May- 1.0 mg (34% drop from 1.5 mg)

30 June- 0.9 mg (10% drop from 1.0 mg)

31 July- 0.8 mg (12% drop from 0.9 mg)

So I'm a bit concerned that the 34% drop at the end of May may catch up to you.   As well as the 10% reductions rather than a more micro tapering approach.

You may want to consider a longer hold rather than a race to the finish.  As I said in PM.........often too rapid reductions may have a way of catching up with you.  And if you are considering something like a move in the near future.......... you may find it better to take a good long hold of several months until your home situation is less stressful, and more settled.

What is the concentration of your liquid solution? mg/mL........I know we clarified on this awhile back.  And I want you to get the empowerment of finding and then knowing these things for yourself going forward.  Taking charge if you will.

How much are you taking in millileters(mL)?

We may need to consider further dilution for your dosage decreases as well.

I know you report feeling super, etc..........several times in your signature.........but I did note that you also were reporting super anxiety after one of your drops.

Thankfully you have reached a point of no nauseau(as reported in PM).......your liver healing hopefully as you have decreased your medication load quite a bit.

Xanax continues at 1 mg. three times a day?

All for now.......and mainly just wanted to clarify your rationale and math.  A bit concerned too........ with your 34% decrease at the end of May.  Feel free to double check my math there as well.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Frogie
19 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi Frogie,

I had looked at your tapering with your last posting and once again and I'm not sure I'm following your rationale of dosage drops.

30 April- 1.5 mg 

31 May- 1.0 mg (34% drop from 1.5 mg)

30 June- 0.9 mg (10% drop from 1.0 mg)

31 July- 0.8 mg (12% drop from 0.9 mg)

So I'm a bit concerned that the 34% drop at the end of May may catch up to you.   As well as the 10% reductions rather than a more micro tapering approach.

You may want to consider a longer hold rather than a race to the finish.  As I said in PM.........often too rapid reductions may have a way of catching up with you.  And if you are considering something like a move in the near future.......... you may find it better to take a good long hold of several months until your home situation is less stressful, and more settled.

What is the concentration of your liquid solution? mg/mL........I know we clarified on this awhile back.  And I want you to get the empowerment of finding and then knowing these things for yourself going forward.  Taking charge if you will.

How much are you taking in millileters(mL)?

We may need to consider further dilution for your dosage decreases as well.

I know you report feeling super, etc..........several times in your signature.........but I did note that you also were reporting super anxiety after one of your drops.

Thankfully you have reached a point of no nauseau(as reported in PM).......your liver healing hopefully as you have decreased your medication load quite a bit.

Xanax continues at 1 mg. three times a day?

All for now.......and mainly just wanted to clarify your rationale and math.  A bit concerned too........ with your 34% decrease at the end of May.  Feel free to double check my math there as well.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Hi:

I didn't realize it was a 34% drop. It never bothered me though. You are correct on your math. I was going by a spreadsheet that I saw on the site. Maybe I was reading it wrong?

This last taper though, the last 2 mornings I have woken up with a headache and a little nausea. But it goes away by noon at the latest so I wasn't worried about it. I'm sure it will go away in a few days, like it always has. I haven't lost my appetite or anything lol...

Right now I am taking .8 ml. Isn't that the same as mg? Guess I'm confused 🙃 My liquid is a 1:1 ratio. I hope you can help me when the time comes to dilute it. 

We aren't moving until the end of the year/beginning of next year. I wish we were moving sooner, but the timing is not right.

Still taking 1 mg Xanax 3 times a day. The dr wanted me to start tapering that, but I talked to him and he gave me a 6 month refill. So I'm good for at least 6 months on that.

I really appreciate you checking on me. I'm greatful to have people helping me with this. And this site, it's fantastic.

I hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie

I woke up this morning with no nausea and no headache.

Maybe I'm going to make it 😊

Hope everyone is doing well.

Thank you MMT for all your help yesterday! Please write me when you have time. 😎🌻

Take care,

Frogie xx

Happy2Heal

that's wonderful Frogie

I'm so happy for you

Frogie
14 minutes ago, Happy2Heal said:

that's wonderful Frogie

I'm so happy for you

Thank you. And thank you for your kind thoughts and words about Brownie. Yes she was sick but doing well. Then in one day she was gone. She was my soulmate as you know and it's still tearing me up. She will be gone 3 months this Friday. Thank you for being so kind.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Junglechicken
1 hour ago, Frogie said:

I woke up this morning with no nausea and no headache.

Maybe I'm going to make it 😊

Hope everyone is doing well.

Thank you MMT for all your help yesterday! Please write me when you have time. 😎🌻

Take care,

Frogie xx

Great news Frogie!

there is a general shift in a positive direction re: your updates :)

This time, you're inspiring me, lol.

JC xx

Frogie
1 minute ago, Junglechicken said:

Great news Frogie!

there is a general shift in a positive direction re: your updates :)

This time, you're inspiring me, lol.

JC xx

Thanks JC:

I'm really trying to be positive through all of this, although it does get difficult once in a while. I just don't get on a whole lot anymore.

I'm glad I could inspire you a little, instead of the other way around.

I hope you are doing better since being on your AB's.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Junglechicken
4 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Thanks JC:

I'm really trying to be positive through all of this, although it does get difficult once in a while. I just don't get on a whole lot anymore.

I'm glad I could inspire you a little, instead of the other way around.

I hope you are doing better since being on your AB's.

Take care,

Frogie xx

You're doing really well Frogie.

My therapist wants me to work through the CBT book "Mind over Mood - Change how you feel by changing the way you think".

Once we move into more positive thinking, this reduces our physical symptoms as we are less stressed/depressed.

Its my last mountain to climb, however, ND says I don't need to climb any mountain, I can choose the easy route through the valley.

All part of our recovery "journey".

jC xx

Frogie
7 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

You're doing really well Frogie.

My therapist wants me to work through the CBT book "Mind over Mood - Change how you feel by changing the way you think".

Once we move into more positive thinking, this reduces our physical symptoms as we are less stressed/depressed.

Its my last mountain to climb, however, ND says I don't need to climb any mountain, I can choose the easy route through the valley.

All part of our recovery "journey".

jC xx

I'm doing CBT with my therapist. She doesn't take no for an answer lol... It's helping a lot. You really need to do CBT with your therapist. It's not one program to do alone.

I have a lot of mountains yet to climb. I'm not off Lexapro and have Xanax next. But I'm going to make it.

I appreciate you saying I'm doing well. That helps a lot.

If you want to chit chat come over to my Frogie's Off Topic. Would be great to hear from you.

How are you feeling since you are on AB's? I hope better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Junglechicken
25 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I'm doing CBT with my therapist. She doesn't take no for an answer lol... It's helping a lot. You really need to do CBT with your therapist. It's not one program to do alone.

I have a lot of mountains yet to climb. I'm not off Lexapro and have Xanax next. But I'm going to make it.

I appreciate you saying I'm doing well. That helps a lot.

If you want to chit chat come over to my Frogie's Off Topic. Would be great to hear from you.

How are you feeling since you are on AB's? I hope better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Yes, the ABs knocked the infection on the head, but my gut is now playing up.

will pop over to your off-topic thread next time.

Glad the CBT is helping you!

TC,

JC xx